• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TheYanger

MYTHIC?

I haven't gotten a 645 mission in like 2-3 weeks....

15 kills on a difficulty to get rewards of the next level (15 heroic to get mythic, 15 normal to get heroic).

Holy shit, do you just keep doing quests after quests to get guys that high? I've only seen iLvl 615 and my guys are just that high too :(

Salvage Yard, War Mill, just keep sending dudes, every level 100 success gives a salvage crate after the most recent changes.

I have 640 mission completions according to achieves. Since they stopped giving large salvage from low level ones I don't even do those anymore except to elvel guys.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Did frost DK get buffed again? All of a sudden they top the sim charts at all ilvls.

15 kills on a difficulty to get rewards of the next level (15 heroic to get mythic, 15 normal to get heroic).

So, you need 15 heroic 5 man dungeon boss kills to get 645 missions to pop?

TheYanger

Did frost DK get buffed again? All of a sudden they top the sim charts at all ilvls.

So, you need 15 heroic 5 man dungeon boss kills to get 645 missions to pop?

No no. To get 645 missions you need 2 645 followers and 1 630 follower. To get 630 missions you need two 630s and a 615, to get 615 you need two 615s and a 600.

The 15 heroics is heroic highmaul boss kills to get the chest from the highmaul raid mission to give you mythic loot.

Apt101

Slowly working a handful of followers to 645. I have seven at 630 now, and just taught one of my favorite's a second good trait I needed. It's already gotten me a really nice 645 chest, can't wait for the quests at 645.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My hunter has been gearing way ahead of all of my characters, and I haven't even been trying to gear him.

It's a sign.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No no. To get 645 missions you need 2 645 followers and 1 630 follower. To get 630 missions you need two 630s and a 615, to get 615 you need two 615s and a 600.

The 15 heroics is heroic highmaul boss kills to get the chest from the highmaul raid mission to give you mythic loot.
Wut? I definitely only had 630 followers when my 645 missions popped, but it has been a while.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
630 ilevel missions give 645 player gear, maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Yeah, that's where I got confused.

So, I'm still kind of wondering if heroic 5 man kills effect 630 missions. It seems like they came when I was still running them, but that doesn't explain 600 or 615 missions and such still coming.

TheYanger

Yeah, that's where I got confused.

So, I'm still kind of wondering if heroic 5 man kills effect 630 missions. It seems like they came when I was still running them, but that doesn't explain 600 or 615 missions and such still coming.
Nah you never stop getting lower missions, but the eligibility for the other tiers are what I laid out above: Basically 2 followers AT that ilevel, and one at a tier below will allow you to get those level of missions. It might not show up immediately but it shouldn't take long to get one or two. The VAST majority of your mission log will still not be at higher ilevel.

notworksafe

Finally got Muramasa on my Paladin! One of the few weapons that doesn't look dinky on female belfs.

B42niD8CUAA_hXP.png

Transmog set nearly complete!

Mothman91

Oh, that's very intersting. What's the % chance of getting a 645 mission? I have 6 followers at that ilvl and about to get a 7th soon....the first time I got a 645 mission I only had 2-3 guys with the wrong abilities to counter the mission. Barely had a fighting chance to be a success.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Nah you never stop getting lower missions, but the eligibility for the other tiers are what I laid out above: Basically 2 followers AT that ilevel, and one at a tier below will allow you to get those level of missions. It might not show up immediately but it shouldn't take long to get one or two. The VAST majority of your mission log will still not be at higher ilevel.
Aight. I got the raid to pop for a 655. 68% :(

Mothman91

Wish there was a way to drop the trash runs into their own category in raid finder. 90% of the groups are for trash runs and I'm trying to find a heroic run for any of the bosses besides Kargath.

so i just got to Draenor. Upgraded my garrison to city hall lvl 2.

Any link to good resources on what to do with garrison? Can you tear down buildings if you change your mind?

How do followers get iLvl? is there a link somewhere on how to recruit followers?

Also, why is draenor so empty? Is everyone just leveling up through dungeons?

Megasoum

Banned
There's no way to transfer a character to a different server and a different faction at the same time right? No choice in paying the 25$ and then 30$?

Apt101

Whoa, has WoW's end-game ever been so frustrating? lol

The Wow Insider Show spent the first half of their latest podcast episode venting over the failures of end-game. Made some good points, I thought.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/12/10/the-wow-insider-show-episode-369/

I really only have two big gripes:

1. Savage blood. Tying it to crafting is one thing, but the item count requirement feels oppressive. 15? If primal spirits dropped more freely it wouldn't be a big deal

2. Follower rarity. I have friends who have a legion of epic followers and advance quickly. I have like 5, including a few that all the guides say are supposed to epic, they were fucking green for me. If they acquired a new trait upon leveling this wouldn't be so bad.

Everything else I can deal with. I figure they'll work on other things like crafting and gathering, either directly or via applicable and associated systems/mechanics. But those two bug me daily.

lazygecko

One other thing that sucks:

Warspear is a "city", but you're only rested/instant logout in the inn. Meanwhile the garrison is rested everywhere (when it doesn't bug out).

The other faction can't even access your Ashran city afaik. So I'm not sure why this is the case.

And the layout is kind of ass. Find myself going to Orgrimmar for serious AH activities.

Pretty clear signs that the Ashran hubs were rushed out the door after they changed their minds in the middle of development. Haven't been to Stormshield as much but AFAIK you get rested everywhre in the city there.

Also my garrison resource woes were saved today by 2 of my followers suddenly having multiplier traits for completing missions with resource rewards... And they both stack with eachother.

I've also leveled my mage to 100 today. Doing battlegrounds as arcane is a fucking blast. I was tearing shit up without even wearing any PvP gear. Supernova works great as both an execute and cast interrupt, and it even has multiple charges. Counterspell, Frostjaw and 2x Supernova is my recipe for annoying the shit out of healers.

Apt101

Ashran can be fun, but the funneling aspect is a really bad idea. Old open-ended AV was great, because it had an element of chaos to it. In Ashran everyone just runs up the middle unless there is brief distraction via some event. Not only do the mechanics and mechanisms favor ranged heavily, but it's boring, and the boss battles unfocused. If anything it should serve as a major learning lesson for Blizzard.

erawsd

Whoa, has WoW's end-game ever been so frustrating? lol

The Wow Insider Show spent the first half of their latest podcast episode venting over the failures of end-game. Made some good points, I thought.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/12/10/the-wow-insider-show-episode-369/

::shrug:: I'm actually enjoying it more than ever, I like that they've slowed down on the amount of grinding you're expected to do in a single day. Though I've always been baffled by people who play and arent raiding or pvping.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ashran can be fun, but the funneling aspect is a really bad idea. Old open-ended AV was great, because it had an element of chaos to it. In Ashran everyone just runs up the middle unless there is brief distraction via some event. Not only do the mechanics and mechanisms favor ranged heavily, but it's boring, and the boss battles unfocused. If anything it should serve as a major learning lesson for Blizzard.

Hopefully they use the knowledge gained from designing Ashran to create similar zones in future expansions. There's a lot of potentially in wide open pvp zones which haven't been nearly explored enough at all.

Alchemy

I hate gearing up right now, I feel like there is zero progress I can actively make and I'm just stuck at the mercy of the RNG. No JP/VP to save up after every dungeon, I'm stuck with the max number of crafted gear that I can wear, so I'm just running Heroics hoping I gear a piece of gear for a slot that I have that sucks (like my waist/hands).

The one piece of gear I get per dungeon seems to always be for a slot I have an epic crafted item in, so every run feels like a waste. Shit is irritating.

DarkJC

::shrug:: I'm actually enjoying it more than ever, I like that they've slowed down on the amount of grinding you're expected to do in a single day. Though I've always been baffled by people who play and arent raiding or pvping.

I agree, seems like they've struck a great balance to me. I appreciate the breathing room.

Tarazet

I switched from Feral to Balance to try it out, and I'm having a shitfuckhell of a time trying to get an Int cloak. The only ones I can buy are 10K+ gold and other than that, it's just rare spawns and random green world drops unless I get lucky in a dungeon.

royalan

I agree, seems like they've struck a great balance to me. I appreciate the breathing room.

I appreciate their attempts to create breathing room and space out the content a bit, but I'm not at all a fan of all the time-gating and 24-hour cooldowns they're employing to do it.

If people want to grind, let them grind.

Slayerx

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah rare to epic follower xp is a bit too much.
I actually don't find it to be a big deal to boost followers. I have 31 level one hundred followers. 18 of them are epic quality. I am deactivating some of the standard epic followers for recruited ones, because the recruited ones have evolving appearances as you gear them up. There are green followers I recruited from the inn earlier this week that are already blue level 100 followers.
I appreciate their attempts to create breathing room and space out the content a bit, but I'm not at all a fan of all the time-gating and 24-hour cooldowns they're employing to do it.

If people want to grind, let them grind.
Ultimately there is nothing to actually grind though. The time-gated professions aren't as limiting as they seem on the surface.

Ultimately there is nothing to actually grind though. The time-gated professions aren't as limiting as they seem on the surface.

Would be nice to have more than a dozen things to craft though. Kind of boring and stupid the way it is now. Yeah they got rid of a lot of the filler crafts but they haven't exactly made the new stuff special with the RNG secondaries and the insane reroll/upgrade requirements.

Apt101

Drunk-ish. No PvP gear. Playing defense. Had the most damage and kills in the BG by conclusion. And the only flag cap. Yea, we were doomed from the start. And I suck at PvP.

so guys, when you replace your garrison building, does it maintain its level?

Like if I replace a lvl 2 stable with a lvl 1 inn, and then later switch back to stable, will the stable be lvl 2 or be back to lvl 1?

ZenaxPure

Will have to listen later, but...this is the most casual and fun t's been in, ever?

Just read CarbonatedFalcon's previous lengthy post a bit back and you will know what they talk about on the podcast. Basically just the shit I've been saying since week 1 and now other people are starting to feel it where there is nothing to do at max level except sit afk in your garrison until you get into a raid or do old/recycled content. Also continuing to beat the drum that professions suck now (though on a personal level I am alright with the profession changes but I can understand the dislike of them).

Raiding is in a pretty good spot now for sure, but, the problem is not everyone wants to log on and do nothing but raid the entire time they are on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There was 0 rage in that post, or 'care' about EU vs US in the least. you literally did not read what I wrote.

I actually never said you were, I just said people who do are ridiculous. You assumed that because you are constantly filled with rage over World of Warcraft.

TheYanger

I actually never said you were, I just said people who do are ridiculous. You assumed that because you are constantly filled with rage over World of Warcraft.

The amount of rage you seemingly have built up around World of Warcraft is sort of insane.

There was 0 rage in that post, or 'care' about EU vs US in the least. you literally did not read what I wrote.

If you mean I actually am interested in the high end raiding scene, because I'm VAGUELY passionate about a hobby I have, then frankly you're the one coming to a video gaming entusiast forum telling me not to be enthusiastic about videogames, which is FAR more laughable I'm fairly certain.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you mean I actually am interested in the high end raiding scene, because I'm VAGUELY passionate about a hobby I have, then frankly you're the one coming to a video gaming entusiast forum telling me not to be enthusiastic about videogames, which is FAR more laughable I'm fairly certain.

I have no clue what you're even talking about now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so guys, when you replace your garrison building, does it maintain its level?

Like if I replace a lvl 2 stable with a lvl 1 inn, and then later switch back to stable, will the stable be lvl 2 or be back to lvl 1?

back to 1

royalan

Just read CarbonatedFalcon's previous lengthy post a bit back and you will know what they talk about on the podcast. Basically just the shit I've been saying since week 1 and now other people are starting to feel it where there is nothing to do at max level except sit afk in your garrison until you get into a raid or do old/recycled content. Also continuing to beat the drum that professions suck now (though on a personal level I am alright with the profession changes but I can understand the dislike of them).

Raiding is in a pretty good spot now for sure, but, the problem is not everyone wants to log on and do nothing but raid the entire time they are on.

Or you're like me: A player who loves WoW and would gladly sink 100s of hours into it, but prefers solo play, doesn't have any irl friends who play (anymore) so they don't have a built-in dedicated group to raid with, and for whom getting a group together for anything bigger than a quest chain or a world boss is an extreme hassle that's more trouble than it's worth. For those players the raid situation right now fucking blows and you're actually penalized for not being in a large, dedicated group even if you're more than just a casual player of the game and sink lots of time into it.

Look, to be fair to Blizzard I get that they want to have a lot of content for hardcore players that feels earned and not like it's handed out to everyone, and I get that group play is kind of a staple of the MMO genre, but they need to be a bit better at acknowledging the reality: WoW is getting old. It's still fun as hell, but it's getting up there in years. A lot of us playing WoD are players returning after a significant time away to find our old guilds/groups/friends/circles gone, and the people still around are grizzled, jaded old farts who are already in tight-knit units or just prefer to do shit on their own. People aren't running around bright-eyed bushy-tailed and looking to group the way they were in the past. The difficulty in getting a good group together in WoW these days is a pretty significant complaint I see around the community. It's just what happens when you're dealing with an old game and an even older playerbase.

So it would be nice if dedicated-but-solo players could use the tools Blizzard themselves implemented to make this easier without feeling like it's just a big waste of time because everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) will be gimped to hell and back if you use this tool.

Top Bottom