• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Elemental is the exact same. Except no Healing Tide. And less Fulmination procs, but that actually makes the rotation more interesting.

I am shocked that Healing Rain survived.
Blizzard really needs to add a fucking "Passives" tab to the skillbook, IMO.

Sometimes when I'm leveling a character it's just like "Oh.. when did that start happening??"

Passives are you in your spellbook at the end and even show up when you level. I've never had a problem with that, and it makes me check the tooltips on the chat window whenever I level.

Guesong

Just hit 90 on the lock. Went to farm the tome for green fire and it dropped. I wasn't planning on gearing this toon at all. Anyone know if the quest is doable for a crappy 500 lock?

I finally got it done earlier this afternoon myself!

My average ilvl was around 501 (Boosted + Timeless Gear and Iron Vanguard questline). It's definitively a learning experience. I finally broke through when I stopped half-assing my gear, went out and gemmed/enchanted what I had properly (except my staff), flasked, and I was done in 30m.

Of course, I went thru a grueling process of learning the mechanics and macroing everything before, but yes, you can definitively do it.

Hixx

"Druid travel forms being separate buttons is something that will be added with glyphs."

wtzgU.gif

Sometimes they make some baffling decisions.

Shahadan

WW monks didn't lose anything besides fire blossom, they're too new to have too much junk added on them over the years.

And my fucking healing spheres >(
It's ok, they were op even as a dps. No hard feelings. But still, I loved them and they got me out of a dire situation more than once.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's ok, they were op even as a dps. No hard feelings. But still, I loved them and they got me out of a dire situation more than once.

Energy based heal that requires no procs on a melee dps that already has expel harm is the biggest bullshit in Arena. That and lock gates. And those got nerfed.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

They were absolutely ridiculous and trivialized by botting the healing spheres. Doesn't WW have some pretty solid heals still now? My WW friend never dies.

I play a warlock. The only thing I'm missing is Fel Flame, but I still have the option of kil'jaedens cunning if I want, so there's really nothing to complain about. Twilight ward and curse of elements was dumb, glad I don't need to apply it anymore.

Shahadan

Hey I didn't say they should stay, just that I liked them :p

It's kinda like smart heals on my Disc Priest. It was fun as hell and something I wanted for a long time, but I just have to agree it was too powerful and needs to go ;(

Passives are you in your spellbook at the end and even show up when you level. I've never had a problem with that, and it makes me check the tooltips on the chat window whenever I level.
Yes, but I think for the average player (especially if they're new) it's a bit archaic. Whenever there were talent trees, you knew you had a new passive (and you hopefully had some idea what it did) because you deliberately chose it. When you get actual abilities with the current system, it's stuck on your bar automatically. For something like the current passives, effects which can make or break your effectiveness depending on how or if you take advantage of them, I think there needs to be some sort of better solution, maybe something like the current Core Abilities tab, but dedicated to explaining your passives.

Peachpies

The ability pruning stuff has been remarkably inconsistent across the board, but that goes for many things regarding class design this xpac, I suppose. They're clearly pressed for time and a bunch of stuff just isn't going to get fixed until the next big content patch.

So RIP arms warriors, whirlwind in peace.
I think anything being fixed before the next expansion is pretty optimistic.

iirate

The ability pruning stuff has been remarkably inconsistent across the board, but that goes for many things regarding class design this xpac, I suppose. They're clearly pressed for time and a bunch of stuff just isn't going to get fixed until the next big content patch.

So RIP arms warriors, whirlwind in peace.

Definitely. I feel like they've spent more time telling us what healing should feel like than they have actually making sure they get the specs right.

I think the spirit stuff is great. No complaints there.

I don't like making "smart" healing "dumb" because making heals unpredictable isn't too different from giving them a miss rate. There has always been some of this due to crit, but from a healing standpoint, crits have almost always been a bonus, and not a core function, of the heal. If smart heals have gotten out of hand(and I agree, they have), then tone down the potency of the smart healing effects.

I didn't play the entirety of Cataclysm, but I was raiding at the very beginning of that expansion, and resto shaman felt better than it ever had. That is the definitive smart healing spec, at a time where its smart heals had reached critical mass, and yet I was using my whole toolkit, had to pay attention to my mana, and wasn't falling into anything close to a rotation. By all of their modern metrics of what they want healing specs to be, resto shaman was near perfect 4 years ago.

Now specs have been changed to fit a new philosophy that sounds nice in theory, but these changes were made without much regard to how they affect the spec, and they didn't give themselves enough time to make sure these specs were right. From what I can tell, there are two specs(holy priest and resto druid) that are truly in a good place. Holy paladin and disc priest are powerful but boring, and resto shaman/mistweaver monks are just not ready for live, yet here we are.

Also, Blizzard, being the "mobile" spec is probably too powerful of a niche when your end game requires so much mobility. As long as resto druid is competitive when others standing still, and better while moving, the other specs will only suffer for it. I'm only sticking with shaman over druid this expansion because a) everyone is rolling resto druid because it's a blast to play and really freaking good, b) druid's other three specs are pretty half-baked this time, and c) I've always mained shaman.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Some passives are still missing.

And honestly it could be organized better. I don't know why they're listed alphabetically, or why some "evolving" skills like Blackout Kick never really alert you to the fact that they've changed. On my Rogue, one day I suddenly started seeing "Find Weakness" popping up against my targets and if I didn't play Rogue in earlier expacs, I would never know why.

Frankly, I think they should bring back Talent trees as an organization method, so you can see how your character is growing/will grow every few levels, and you can quickly reference things by their icons. Split every spec's "tree" into two parts, the Actives and the Passives, and make it clear which Actives are triggering which Passives, and when.

As usual, some of the questions were just plain dumb. "When is Mortal Strike going to be nerfed?" Hurr durr. Waste of time.

Anyway, LOLOLOLOL:

8KZP3lT.jpg

Done it on other characters, but I think this might be like my 3rd try overall. Another raid to cross off the list!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Will you admit the only reasons Ogres aren't playable is because you're too lazy to change all the doors?"
And
"Why did you bother adding worgen when they do absolutely nothing?"

Those are my questions.

Haly

Bringing in that lucrative furry demographic.

Ultratech

As usual, some of the questions were just plain dumb. "When is Mortal Strike going to be nerfed?" Hurr durr. Waste of time.

Anyway, LOLOLOLOL:

8KZP3lT.jpg

Done it on other characters, but I think this might be like my 3rd try overall. Another raid to cross off the list!

Congrats!

That's a damn good looking mount.

(*marks that for something else to do*)

Haly

If I'm looking to buy a Garrosh kill, what are the gear requirements for heroic, if any?

Fjordson

Help me decide on a Warrior race mangs. Already have a dwarf and two humans, not a huge fan of gnomes. I'm thinking male Draenei. Love the new models.

Help me decide on a Warrior race mangs. Already have a dwarf and two humans, not a huge fan of gnomes. I'm thinking male Draenei. Love the new models.

I recently rolled a female Pandaren Warrior. The animations are so slick, man. Honestly that's all I care about is animations when it comes to race. If I was going on looks in plate I'd probably go for Worgen but for some reason their animations just look awkward to me.

Fjordson

Male blood elf. :)
Haha, Belfs are dope but I'm alliance!

Draenei and Worgens look great in plate imo. Night Elves too.
Yeah, forgot about Worgen. Think I'll go that or draenei.

I recently rolled a female Pandaren Warrior. The animations are so slick, man. Honestly that's all I care about is animations when it comes to race. If I was going on looks in plate I'd probably go for Worgen but for some reason their animations just look awkward to me.
Damn, yeah forgot about Pandaren also. Don't have any high level pandas and their animations are good.

Shahadan

I wish I could race change my whole list of characters because I'm not happy with most of them.
I created them based on less ugly race (so few choices as you can imagine) but now with the remodels I want everything ;(

RPGCrazied

What is everyone using their boost on? I was going to use it on a level 32 druid, but might use it on my level 73 paladin for that profession boost.

What is everyone using their boost on? I was going to use it on a level 32 druid, but might use it on my level 73 paladin for that profession boost.

Honestly with Heirlooms getting to 60 is so fast that I don't think boosting on a lower than 60 character is really worth it. I'd much rather level to 60 on a character than level professions. Just me though.

As for class, I play Resto and Balance Druid and in WoD both specs look very solid. Know nothing about Feral though. I'm switching to it from my Holy/Ret Pally I played as my main for most of MoP since to me both Holy and Ret look pretty lackluster and just generally boring.

Especially Holy. I have no idea what they expect the spec to play like once they aren't in an environment where they can endlessly spam HR for holy power. Right now at 90 it's fine since mana is basically irrelevant but that won't be the case at 100 and I feel the spec will be slow as hell to play. I didn't get to try beta though so my insight isn't real valuable I suppose.

Ret meanwhile to me has always been a pretty simple spec to play and it really isn't getting much in terms of complexity in WoD, though the level 100 talents look interesting. Prot I can't speak on as I don't tank generally.

Dresden

I used it on a warlock. Always wanted one, though I'll never actually play it.

Choice of what to play went down to shaman or warrior and I went with warrior. Glad stance should be fun.

Guesong

This is the problem. I've heard it both ways :)

Well if you were looking to just waltz in there and instagib the boss, then no. You will not be able to do that unless you are Mythic geared, and even then you have to know what to do.

If you are willing to take the time to learn, though, then it's definitively doable for your gear level.

Haly

Probably a Monk. But I'm also looking at DK.

Haly

Monks level so quickly that it almost seems like a waste.

I went from 1-90 on Rogue when I resubbed 2 weeks ago. I don't really feel like doing it again within the next 6 days, even if I can chain queue dungeons as BM tank.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I went from 1-90 on Rogue when I resubbed 2 weeks ago. I don't really feel like doing it again within the next 6 days, even if I can chain queue dungeons as BM tank.
That's totally fair. Monk mobility and their free EXP boosts just make the leveling process really speedy.

Haly

That's totally fair. Monk mobility and their free EXP boosts just make the leveling process really speedy.

Yeah, I noticed. Gonna look forward to zooming to 100 and then ganking alliance scrubs.

ampere

Used mine on a Warlock to do the green fire quest... because I don't like the class and didn't want to play it more than I had to lol.

Top Bottom