• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Apt101

Queued a bunch of 100 missions for crates, almost all of them 30-50% success chance. Succeeded at all of them. Except the one for some 645 gear and Abrogator stones. Both were 98%. And both failed.

Rapstah

There's a quest in the second Goblin-exclusive starting zone where you have to do damage slowly to nagas so they'll drop the quest item you're looking for. "Slowly" is defined as the DPS you get from hitting it once, turning around for literally one minute, and then killing it off. The required DPS is almost low enough that the enemies have enough DPS to kill off weaker classes. It's dumb as hell.

So glad I snagged a Hatespark for cheap when I did. Since no one wants to do MC now and the drop rate was low to begin with (not even counting the cosmetic enchant which barely anyone is likely to have - not that that's tradable), they've risen in price quite significantly.

My only regret is not getting more for cheap to flip down the road (I'm not gonna sell the only one I have). Who knows, there might be an influx closer to the end of the event, but that doesn't seem too likely.

Though gold-making has dropped off my radar a bit now that I'm over cap anyway. Haven't put much effort in the past week and a half or so, but I guess I can just consider it a well-deserved break.

------

Also, the Touch of Death icon is dumb. It's red, so it looks like you can't use it at all times. Gotta find a suitable replacement icon (to use for a macro).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Some guy on Wowhead is saying you can't get those Dwarven Bunker transmog tokens from normal dungeons anymore, is that true?

Some guy on Wowhead is saying you can't get those Dwarven Bunker transmog tokens from normal dungeons anymore, is that true?

Is he talking about the cracked helm or whatever?

Also, the Touch of Death icon is dumb. It's red, so it looks like you can't use it at all times. Gotta find a suitable replacement icon (to use for a macro).

Not sure how you have your UI set up, but mine always has a gold aura around it when I can use it.

My only regret is not getting more for cheap to flip down the road (I'm not gonna sell the only one I have). Who knows, there might be an influx closer to the end of the event, but that doesn't seem too likely.
Ran MC yesterday for this purpose and didn't get one. Man that was painful. The only thing making it tolerable was the fact that we started a raid group first, got about 20 of us (guildies and friends), jumped on vent, then queued for the rest. So we had some people we could grump with when it was getting fustrating (seriously how to people STILL not know how to do core hounds?!).

Also... I didn't realize how many hunters don't know how feign death. Or that a tank has to worry about being misdirected to without being asked before they're ready to pull.

I might try one more time for an extra Hatespark next week though. Two people from the friends and guildies group were bumped from the raid without warning. Not by any players; game just bumped them. :/

Arcayne

Last Tuesday we had three Frost Mages in our raid doing 27k+ DPS.

These are logs from a heroic Twins kill on the 18th: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6ombrv9b48nyxdk4/sum/damageDone/?s=707&e=1045

Forgave - 29,571 DPS as Frost, with 99.4% uptime.

Other fights has him and the other Frost mage around 24-26k from what I can tell.

Wha....Hooww! My ilvl635 gf plays both arcane and frost and can't seem to go higher than 12k dps, which for me seems extreeeeeemely low for that ilvl. How2mage?!

ampere

So glad I snagged a Hatespark for cheap when I did. Since no one wants to do MC now and the drop rate was low to begin with (not even counting the cosmetic enchant which barely anyone is likely to have - not that that's tradable), they've risen in price quite significantly.

Cheapest I could find one was 18k, wasn't too happy about it, but don't want to risk waiting until the event ends and prices go up.

Not sure how you have your UI set up, but mine always has a gold aura around it when I can use it.

It's just a annoying visually. I made a weak aura for it anyway now so it should be a non-issue (on the same keybinds as most of my other executes). Interesting thing that there's a self-buff when it's available.

And speaking of weak auras, the model function is really cool if you've never toyed around with it before. Could make some really fancy things if you were so inclined.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know a good staff to go with the SW set? Since it can be used on all type of armor, including cloth.

Wha....Hooww! My ilvl635 gf plays both arcane and frost and can't seem to go higher than 12k dps, which for me seems extreeeeeemely low for that ilvl. How2mage?!

icy-veins.com

That will only get you so far though, some fights you'll have to adapt and figure out your own strategy. Some fight dps numbers are inflated because of multi target. Butcher is about the only reliable fight for single target right now, but frost mages are insane in general at this ilvl.

vocab

Getting 29 to 30k on twin asshole as range anit easy no matter what difficulty. Ya your dps is low but don't expect to reach those numbers in that fight without some serious luck and rng with procs.

Also don't link a normal kill and say its heroic. Its very deceptive. Oh and its 10 man. That makes a huge difference in log comparing or helping someone out.

Flying back and forth between Ironforge and Chillwind for the Greench quest feels like an eternity. Is that because they removed the guild perk that makes flight paths go faster?

Arcayne

icy-veins.com

That will only get you so far though, some fights you'll have to adapt and figure out your own strategy. Some fight dps numbers are inflated because of multi target. Butcher is about the only reliable fight for single target right now, but frost mages are insane in general at this ilvl.

Ya, I've pointed my gf to the frost mage icy veins page several times already, doesn't seem to help her dps though. It literally doesn't budge from 11-12k dps, maybe 14k if theres multi-mobs. Wish I played a mage so I could help her improve. She's a casual player though, but gets relatively competitive and fussy that I out dps her miles ahead, welp!

I'd give you my frost mage weak auras, but they're not ready for prime time since they don't account for a couple things you get at/on the way to 100 yet. (My mage is only 93 and I've been playing around leveling a monk from scratch rather than him).

Pretty clearly spell out what you should be casting.

Now up to 649 ilvl on my Mage after buying the 640 crafted cape to replace my legendary (because it was 1/5th the price of a 655 one), buying a 665 belt, and winning 655 legs from normal Twin Ogron. Did 18.5k dps on them not counting Mirror Images which I felt was decent because it was my first real attempt on normal and I mainly focused on avoiding everything.

Arcayne

Heh, her dps as arcane spec is still 12k. Maybe its just her staff... she still using the Garrosh Heirloom one :lol

*every other gear is ilvl630-640

Trying to snag a Scabbard of Kyanos at a reasonable price. All the buyouts are over 110k which is more than it's worth, but there was one with a lower bid that's more in line with my expected price range.

Had to make a set of alarms to remind me to check every hour and a half since the duration is at Long now.

Apparently it's BiS till Heroic BRF, so it's probably worth it.

Son1x

So I just got this from a salvage crate, how much can I expect to get?

549602cd29c9c.png

TomServo

Entirely depends on your realm.

Yup.

I got some iLvl 665 BoE leather shoulders from a crate this morning. Sold for 29K on Zul'jin. Our AH and trade channel is chock full of BoE's, so I was excited when it sold.

Still not as good as it was being a JC at MoP's launch. That was ridiculous - printing money.

Kraftwerk

You guys seen the new /camp animation? pretty cool. I like the little camp fire and the mini tent. Reminds me of some of the old school RPG's where you would camp in the real world.

Shame it only works in cities and garrison.

cdyhybrid

You guys seen the new /camp animation? pretty cool. I like the little camp fire and the mini tent. Reminds me of some of the old school RPG's where you would camp in the real world.

Shame it only works in cities and garrison.

Haven't noticed this!

Camping still brings to mind "CAMP A CLERIC NOW"

6IaklRB.jpg

Has she turned off the auto casting of jet stream by her elemental, and bound it to a button, and actively use it instead of the pet nova?

Tarazet

Has she turned off the auto casting of jet stream by her elemental, and bound it to a button, and actively use it instead of the pet nova?

Frost is surprisingly complex now. Arcane on the other hand is quite a bit simpler, and more forgiving with the changes to Rune of Power.

Huh....thats a no. Is that why her elemental's freeze is always on CD? or completely unrelated.

Yes. The freeze and jet stream shares a cooldown. The jet stream is usually superior because it does damage, and gives two fingers of frost (assuming you time it correctly) even against bosses that cannot be rooted. Freeze is better for moments of movement where you have targets that are rootable, and in pvp obviously.

So I am a long time melee player, and I have a boost from RAF that I want to get a clothie caster up to 85 with. Between Warlock and Mage which is going to have more success being a lone wolf BG type player?

I have pretty much max/high level of everything except these two.

Also, Human for PVP is basically the only option for either one right?

Peachpies

So I just got this from a salvage crate, how much can I expect to get?

549602cd29c9c.png
should check ah for other cloaks (not just the world drop one), cloaks and belts are generally cheaper because there are boe ones that drop in the raid and can have a higher item level

I guess I should be fairly pumped that the 665 necklace I got in a salvage crate actually sold when I listed it for 50k gold? There were two int necklaces both up right at 50k and an agility for 30k. I thought the stats on my agility necklace might be better or the 30k one would sell leaving mine the only option.

Whatever ultimately happened it sold and I was very pleased. I'm not super serious and while I've geared up decently I have a 645 necklace and didn't care enough to equip that 665 when I could make so much from it.

I still have only completed two dungeons at heroic and haven't touched LFR but I'm 637 so I feel geared well enough.

vocab

I guess I should be fairly pumped that the 665 necklace I got in a salvage crate actually sold when I listed it for 50k gold? There were two int necklaces both up right at 50k and an agility for 30k. I thought the stats on my agility necklace might be better or the 30k one would sell leaving mine the only option.

Whatever ultimately happened it sold and I was very pleased. I'm not super serious and while I've geared up decently I have a 645 necklace and didn't care enough to equip that 665 when I could make so much from it.

I still have only completed two dungeons at heroic and haven't touched LFR but I'm 637 so I feel geared well enough.

Getting gold is much harder than getting gear at this point.

Tarazet

So I am a long time melee player, and I have a boost from RAF that I want to get a clothie caster up to 85 with. Between Warlock and Mage which is going to have more success being a lone wolf BG type player?

I have pretty much max/high level of everything except these two.

Also, Human for PVP is basically the only option for either one right?

Human Frost Mage is pretty much what you do if you're playing a caster in PvP, and don't want to do Shadow Priest for whatever reason.

Top Bottom