• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Well I got Sulfuras last week on my DK, but I still need the mounts. And Paladin lookalike transmog that seems to be finicky about dropping since it's spell plate. Even if you do get 5 pieces of loot on 25.

Was working on my legendary staff on the lock, but I've put that on hold awhile while he languishes at 92.

Otherwise I do Firelands on my Hunter for the mounts.

Didn't mention Firelands in my other post since I actually don't mind it so much. It's short enough and more enjoyable to me at this point since I never ran it current to get exhausted of it.

Ultratech

Well I got Sulfuras last week on my DK, but I still need the mounts. And Paladin lookalike transmog that seems to be finicky about dropping since it's spell plate. Even if you do get 5 pieces of loot on 25.

Didn't mention Firelands in my other post since I actually don't mind it so much. It's short enough and more enjoyable to me at this point since I never ran it current to get exhausted of it.

Now I'm jelly.

But I have been going after the Paladin lookalike set for a long time now, just took forever to get the stuff to drop.
Last piece I needed was the Boots off Majordomo (granted, you can barely see the boots if you have the chest on, but c'mon!).
Once I get my DK finally geared up some more, I'm gonna slap that set on him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Feral is anything but boring. You can heal other people in your energy pooling (which also heals yourself) and that healing makes your next 2 abilities do 30% more damage, which when used with incarnation and tab target rakes you're pretty much unstoppable.
If I wanted to heal other people I'd just play a healer. I'm not opposed to downtime if it feels meaningful like in Arms of Fury, but the combination of a bleed/auto reliant spec mixed with heavy periods of downtime just doesn't feel engaging.

Chromax

As someone that stopped playing since ICC. How should I approach this game now that I’ve decided to return next week? Ret pally btw!

I think there's an overwhelming amount of stuff I have to learn at this point. Do I still level up with Cataclysm and Mist first?

Entropia

No One Remembers
As someone that stopped playing since ICC. How should I approach this game now that I’ve decided to return next week? Ret pally btw!

I think there's an overwhelming amount of stuff I have to learn at this point. Do I still level up with Cataclysm and Mist first?

Good news - you do not need to level through Cata and Mists first. With the purchase of Warlords, you get an instant boost to 1 character to level 90 so you can hop right into WoD content!

Some of the major things you will be seeing changed:
1. Talents are no longer awarded every level with the huge trees. You get 1 talent (ability/passive) every 15 levels.
2. Ability pruning. Blizzard got rid of a bunch of useless abilities.
3. Coalesced realms. You'll see people from other realms while you are out and about. You can group/interact with them, but can't trade or anything.
4. Merged realms. Some smaller sized realms were merged together. In this case, you can have those people in your guild, trade them, shared AHs, etc.
5. Cross-realm groups. You can group up with buddies of your faction to do quests/kill stuff/etc. Can even queue for heroics together.

Mordeccai

Holy hell, I just discovered weak auras. I started looking into my DPS some more last evening, as I was ilvl 644 and only doing 14k dps as Unholy. Fast forward to today after a few hours of reading, I found a script for the Frost rotation and cooldowns and now I'm pulling 23k dps sustained.

This feels like cheating. It just tells me what buttons to press. I can't decide if this is awesome or just cheap, it definitely is getting me used to the rotation but a dps jump like that with just a spec change and addon is nuts.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy hell, I just discovered weak auras. I started looking into my DPS some more last evening, as I was ilvl 644 and only doing 14k dps as Unholy. Fast forward to today after a few hours of reading, I found a script for the Frost rotation and cooldowns and now I'm pulling 23k dps sustained.

This feels like cheating. It just tells me what buttons to press. I can't decide if this is awesome or just cheap, it definitely is getting me used to the rotation but a dps jump like that with just a spec change and addon is nuts.

I don't see a problem with those types of addons. It helps to make the visual cues of what you need to do more apparent, larger, etc. Right now, for example I use it to show me when I have stacks of Lightning Shield over 13 and how many stacks of Elemental Fusion I have.

dimb

The basic UI is woefully inadequate at conveying necessary information for many spec specific events. Blizzard using many of these third party add-ons as a crutch speaks to the willing neglect they've taken towards systems being readable.

Ultratech

Finally managed to down Ko'ragh after what seemed like forever.

Only took a few hours, but I managed to get some pants.

And just in time for me to take an extended break of sorts.

Apt101

I'm starting to think that this cosmetic shoulder item (for bunker) will never drop. I also failed another 97% chance mission while numerous 10-30% ones succeeded. Blizzard's math is incredibly fucked up. I fail about 99% of 95%+ missions and pass 99% of those less than 50%. Makes no fucking sense.

Tarazet

If I wanted to heal other people I'd just play a healer. I'm not opposed to downtime if it feels meaningful like in Arms of Fury, but the combination of a bleed/auto reliant spec mixed with heavy periods of downtime just doesn't feel engaging.

I'll put it this way: Feral plays the way that Rogue should play. But because your timing can easily be thrown off by outside factors, and targets will often die before you can line everything up, the difference between what the spec is capable of and the way you perform in the real world is significant.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to think that this cosmetic shoulder item (for bunker) will never drop. I also failed another 97% chance mission while numerous 10-30% ones succeeded. Blizzard's math is incredibly fucked up. I fail about 99% of 95%+ missions and pass 99% of those less than 50%. Makes no fucking sense.

I highly doubt their math is wrong. You're just getting "lucky," "unlucky." As they say, RNG gonna RNG.

Sweet just got a follower mission for a 645 weapon. Have a 100% chance to complete it too. Will have it after I wake up tomorrow.

Edit: Oh shit just got a 645 follower mission for a random 655 piece. In an hour once a few followers finish I'll be able to cover 5 of the 6 abilities and hopefully have enough other perks to hit 100% chance to succeed on it.

cdyhybrid

Sweet, I got ganked while AFK outside Highmaul and now I'm completely unable to rez unless I take the rez sickness. Can't even zone into Highmaul to get the auto rez.

Cool game, Blizz.

Now I have to wait 4 days to get a GM response or blow my gold and 10 minutes of my time on rez sickness.

Renekton

I'm only like level fifty, but when people talk about forty-five percent downtime it doesn't make things seem more promising down the road. Spending combo points just to throw mandatory buffs on yourself on a regular basis isn't my idea of fun.
How about Rogue Slice and Dice?

dimb

How about Rogue Slice and Dice?
I don't have enough experience with Rogues to know if that would be more interesting than Savage Roar. At the very least an attack speed modifier for a poison wielding class seems to loop in on itself better than a flat damage buff for a heavy bleed spec.

It's why I went Assassination so it's always up with Envenom. Not sure about Combat and Subtlety.

It's always up with Assassination because it turns into a passive ability, you haven't had to keep it up with Envenom since WoD started. One of the most boring specs I've played so far, feels like the majority of your damage comes from auto attacks and ticks of poison damage.

Mothman91

Hmmm disc is insanely good but I've been trying to get multistrike for holy. Was trying H Imp, and this other Priest was like 15k HPS ahead of the rest of us, but 50% of his healing was power word shield. Reminded me of SoO after the stat squish where I would just spam holy nova and easily beat the other healers lol.

I wonder if they'll nerf disc, pretty sure they are pretty op in pvp also.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's always up with Assassination because it turns into a passive ability, you haven't had to keep it up with Envenom since WoD started. One of the most boring specs I've played so far, feels like the majority of your damage comes from auto attacks and ticks of poison damage.

It's been like that since at LEAST cataclysm. 60% of a mut rogues damage was just white damage. How fucking boring is that? You do abilities that just make you auto attack more, and I know it's stupid to even care about that, but it just felt like I was maintaining buffs, not actually damaging the boss.

Oh. Haven't leveled my Rogue yet this expansion.

It's been like that since at LEAST cataclysm. 60% of a mut rogues damage was just white damage. How fucking boring is that? You do abilities that just make you auto attack more, and I know it's stupid to even care about that, but it just felt like I was maintaining buffs, not actually damaging the boss.

I just rerolled, because of the control Rogue has in PvP Blizzard is never going to buff their damaging abilities. If you want to play a "Rogue" for PvE, play a Monk.

Every expansion since WotLK has been like this, I start playing with the intention to stick to my Rogue as a main, find out that it's still just as boring as it was the previous expansion and reroll a different class. Last expansion I switched to Mage, this expansion I'm playing Hunter.

And the spirit beast genocide continues...

Accidentally one shot Ban'Thalos (the owl that flies up high) in an attempt to tame since you need to pull aggro with concussive shot and my instant auto-shot killed him.

At least it wasn't Loque...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got this as an early Christmas gift
EOnLz87.jpg

...Now someone tell me how to ask for the receipt for a Garrosh figure instead. #mywarchief

I just rerolled, because of the control Rogue has in PvP Blizzard is never going to buff their damaging abilities. If you want to play a "Rogue" for PvE, play a Monk.

Every expansion since WotLK has been like this, I start playing with the intention to stick to my Rogue as a main, find out that it's still just as boring as it was the previous expansion and reroll a different class. Last expansion I switched to Mage, this expansion I'm playing Hunter.

I've honestly never viewed Rogue as a pve class. Every time I've rolled one it's solely been for pvp

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Y'know, I used to have a very like methodical approach to transmog. I would avoid "full sets" like the plague and try to make fully custom sets out of random parts, but now I just kinda like going for fullsets with maybe one piece changed.

My DK mogs are currently, the crafted malevolant glad set for his PvE gear and for his pvp gear he has the season 7 set.

I love the season 7 DK pvp set. It looks 100% like a death knight. Not in the scourge sense but in the more traditional death knight sense, it's a set that is basically skulls and glowing blue runes and the helmet even looks like a knights helmet with the steel fin on it with a visor thing going on.

I like it a lot, it's a shame it doesn't have matching boots so I improve with some random boots from BT or the DK level 58 blue set boots.

Man people will really defend feral to the death.

On a similar note I actually like Arms (another spec with a lot of downtime) and feel most complaints are over exaggerated. We already have two gcd filled specs, I don't see why we need another spammy spec. MoP Arms was garbage, felt dumb spamming overpower for minor damage. A two hander spec should feel like there is power behind each hit.

Now I don't mind there being options similar to unquenchable thirst for fury. If they want to replace taste for blood with overpower and make that function similar to MoP or Cata, then so be it.

Mupod

The engaging part of cat is that your 'rotation' is really just keeping track of crits and procs and prioritizing abilites. I sometimes get so caught up in optimizing my DPS that I don't pay attention to everything else, which is a problem. And that's why I tank. Or play moonkin like I do right now. I do go cat in PVP though, for some reason I'm much better with it there - mouseover heal macros make it fun as shit in BGs.

I mostly enjoyed leveling as feral because you're fast as hell, can track humanoids, and I'm not really afraid of anybody 1v1. Maybe it's more boring on a pve server.

I'm only like level fifty, but when people talk about forty-five percent downtime it doesn't make things seem more promising down the road. Spending combo points just to throw mandatory buffs on yourself on a regular basis isn't my idea of fun.

Is this what you mean by downtime? I don't know what level you get it, but there's a glyph that activates savage roar every time you open with pounce. Which means it's generally up 100% of the time (even easier if you take incarnation). Alternatively there's a glyph that keeps roar up at 75% strength all the time with no input on your end, but I don't use it.

Pretty sure other classes have equivalents to it. Savage roar is just slice and dice druid edition to begin with.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Our guild killed Mythic Kargath last night. Fairly easy fight overall, but we have some people that can't avoid fire/tigers/berserker rush (I fucked that up a few times though :()

Sucks with Xmas over the next week we'll probably only be doing Regular and Heroic tues.

Acidote

Our guild killed Mythic Kargath last night. Fairly easy fight overall, but we have some people that can't avoid fire/tigers/berserker rush (I fucked that up a few times though :()

Sucks with Xmas over the next week we'll probably only be doing Regular and Heroic tues.

I'm dreading the moment we try Twin Ogron on Mythic. People seem blind to fires. So far I'm being rushed whenever they do bosses on HM since I started this expansion late.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm dreading the moment we try Twin Ogron on Mythic. People seem blind to fires. So far I'm being rushed whenever they do bosses on HM since I started this expansion late.

Yeah, stupid stuff like that is why we take longer to kill bosses than we should. Twins are the next boss we're going after probably after New Year's when everyone is back.

Top Bottom