• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

royalan

I have honestly never had that experience. You get in a group and the leader keeps the group queued/rolling.. you finish the daily in 2-3 minutes. I just did the pit today, over in 2 minutes just following the tracks. Now, every once in a while you get phased to a high pop server where there's a lot of competing groups, but then you just drop and find a new one quickly. But doing it solo is just wasting time.

Aren't all the groups for the dailies instanced? That's been the case whenever I've done it. Never encountered competing groups.

Renekton

Someone needs to consolidate all voice software into one platform. PUGing HM has me installing:
- Teamspeak
- Ventrilo
- Mumble
- Raidcall
- Hangout plugin

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm glad I have control over my gaming habits now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nowow/

Reading some of the comments, been there done that.

During vanilla and tbc it was really bad, it impacted school and grades and shit.

Maybe I'm being an ass, but why do some people post threads about quitting WoW? To me, it sounds like desperation to have some validation in their choice.

Then again, I've been playing the game for almost 4 months, so I highly doubt my stance means anything.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Reading that shit is super weird, especially the sentiment that "all the time I wasted these ten years on wow I could have used to become an expert at guitar or more in shape or whatever." That's your own fault for not budgeting your time around other activities in life. I've played on and off for 10 years, and in the beginning definitely a majority of the day, but I don't regret any of it because at no time did my education, career, or relationships suffer for it. Even if I played 10 hours a day, I made it up somewhere else. And the amount of great people I met and played with, all the fun gaming experiences and memories, they all make it totally worth it. They absolutely have a place in my life, along with everything outside of wow. But people that actually let the game consume them where it's the one and only activity they have.. so weird..

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yes, can still do BWL. No idea if the attunement is technically needed as I had them on all my chars anyway.

M.D

z8r7GWA.jpg

FUCKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

lazygecko

Blackwing Lair is still doable and it seems the first boss has either been bugged or stealth-nerfed making it much easier for anyone to solo. Now you can just click the orb while you're MCing no matter the range and all the adds will instantly redirect aggro to your character.

Someone needs to consolidate all voice software into one platform. PUGing HM has me installing:
- Teamspeak
- Ventrilo
- Mumble
- Raidcall
- Hangout plugin

Alternatively blizzard could go the dota 2 route and put in the CELT codec I think it was. Amazing voice quality.

Robin64

Even if Blizzard's ingame voice chat was technically amazing, stubborn people would still insist on using shite like Vent.

Even if Blizzard's ingame voice chat was technically amazing, stubborn people would still insist on using shite like Vent.

Unfortunately WoW's ingame voice is so poor that nobody used it past the novelty of it the first week it was out. So nobody will ever go back to use it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
j0QZqRpXUrIGk.jpg

Took me long enough. :)

And I got Gor'gah as a bonus loot for today.

So yeah, I'm very happy that I defeated Mar'gok on Highmaul normal today (Along with getting Tectus's strength trinket and plate helmet from Kargath this week).

lazygecko

I only ever tried the ingame voice chat briefly when it was added during WotLK. Turned it off after being subjected to a lot of obnoxious mouthbreathing in a Wintergrasp raid.

Touchdown

Banned
- Teamspeak
- Ventrilo
- Mumble
- Raidcall
- Hangout plugin

That's kind of a hassle lol. I've just had one ventrillo account with my guild for the past 3 years. I have a large guild and I'm afraid it will be too much of a problem to get guildies to switch from vent. A lot of people don't like change when it comes to guild stuff I notice. XD

daedalius

wtf DK self healing

Why would anyone take a warrior over like, a DK in arena?

Edit: I guess DKs are just really good in 2s. It shouldn't make me not want to play my warrior.

M.D

I really hope that ferals don't fall off the later this expansion goes.
I'm having fun playing my feral, being melee and having to think instead of spamming two boring spells as balance.

Finally got into a heroic pug as tank to down more bosses than Kargath.
Downed Brackenspore, Twins and Koragh, all 3 my first time as tank on heroic. Everything seemd to go fine and fair untill we downed Koragh. Raidleader bonusrolled the 2hander on Koragh, then decides to ninja plate bracers I won and another's guys wand (distributed it to a guildie of his).
Will a ticket help??

TheYanger

Finally got into a heroic pug as tank to down more bosses than Kargath.
Downed Brackenspore, Twins and Koragh, all 3 my first time as tank on heroic. Everything seemd to go fine and fair untill we downed Koragh. Raidleader bonusrolled the 2hander on Koragh, then decides to ninja plate bracers I won and another's guys wand (distributed it to a guildie of his).
Will a ticket help??

yeah no personal loot is no bueno, but if he was talking in raid chat about rolls etc they will help.

If the pug is not on personal loot, get outta there.
No offense but no.. I try to pug it with organized peeps, gents that will let me play nicely and from which i can expect a certain performance..
Rest assured that when you ask at least for the aotc for highmaul, at least you get supposedly decent players :)
Personal loot is a random chance of something or nothing...

Btw..
Do we have a consolidated ally/horde list?
I aim to pug with One-two chars in normal/hm starting mid january so i'm looking for some solid ppl to add to friend list :)

TheYanger

No offense but no.. I try to pug it with organized peeps, gents that will let me play nicely and from which i can expect a certain performance..
Rest assured that when you ask at least for the aotc for highmaul, at least you get supposedly decent players :)
Personal loot is a random chance of something or nothing...

Btw..
Do we have a consolidated ally/horde list?
I aim to pug with One-two chars in normal/hm starting mid january so i'm looking for some solid ppl to add to friend list :)

Personal loot is a BETTER chance at getting loot than group loot. For everyone.

Robin64

It's baffling. Personal Loot is the best method at getting loot, if it's not on you are going to be worse off overall.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Yep. I played with a raid group that had master loot in a normal run since.. I dunno.. yesterday. Of all the 5 bosses we did in the run, none of the loot that was listed for rolls had something that complements my spec (I had to use my bonus rolls to get some loot save for Butcher since I already got the loot I needed from him before)

So if you ask me, I'd take personal loot over master loot any day

cdyhybrid

People don't understand that something dropping that you can't use is the exact same thing as nothing dropping on personal loot.

The only downside that personal loot has is duplicate items, but if a duplicate item drops on master loot, there's not always someone else there that will need it.

Robin64

With how much has changed now, I thought it would be fun to run around an alpha client and look at a few things.

What a mighty castle the Alliance used to have!

alpha1b8und.png

Robin64

And the Horde will never forget what Orgrimmar should look like. Screw you, Hellscream.

alpha2p5ucj.png

(It's worth noting that in this build, there's a few differences from how it was on live. There's ramp up to the Valley of Spirits from the back of the bank, for one thing!)

I'm an expert

Org was always a terrible layout. Vanilla was Undercity main anyway with how much you had to be on that continent. Not to mention badlands being the closest fp and all the bottleneck world pvp there.

Yeah my bank alt(s) actually used to be in Undercity. Better layout than any place in Orgrimmar pre-Cata overhaul. TB was decent too, but way out of the way.

In other news, my monk is up to something like 11 hours of that XP bonus - longer total than I've played her already.

Top Bottom