• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Finally got our guild running tonight and went 7/7 N, one-shots 6/7 and two-shot Imp. Most of us are 5/7H, but it feels good to get an efficient group together and tear the place apart on the first go.

What's troublesome is that going 7/7 H doesn't seem out of the question, but we would need to double our active members to get going into Mythic, and recruitment seems like a crapshoot at the moment.

cdyhybrid

Finally got our guild running tonight and went 7/7 N, one-shots 6/7 and two-shot Imp. Most of us are 5/7H, but it feels good to get an efficient group together and tear the place apart on the first go.

What's troublesome is that going 7/7 H doesn't seem out of the question, but we would need to double our active members to get going into Mythic, and recruitment seems like a crapshoot at the moment.

What server/faction are you on?

What server/faction are you on?

Alliance, Lightbringer-US

Also, it seems like some people are apprehensive about going into the Premade Group finder, or have real trouble getting groups. We recruited a Ret pally who does good damage, seems dependable, does mechanics, etc., but was only 2/7 N before tonight.

cdyhybrid

Also, it seems like some people are apprehensive about going into the Premade Group finder, or have real trouble getting groups. We recruited a Ret pally who does good damage, seems dependable, does mechanics, etc., but was only 2/7 N before tonight.

I don't think it's so much apprehension, but it's really hard to find a PUG that will 1) actually take you without you being substantially overqualified, and 2) not be terrible.

How many nights do you raid a week?

I don't think it's so much apprehension, but it's really hard to find a PUG that will 1) actually take you without you being substantially overqualified, and 2) not be terrible.

How many nights do you raid a week?
Yeah, definitely. Even at 661 ilvl, I didn't have an Imp achievement because we didn't have the guild peeps to do it, and most groups want to avoid the drama and "card" you before giving you an invite.

And we raid Fri/Sat 9PM-Midnight PST

cdyhybrid

Yeah, definitely. Even at 661 ilvl, I didn't have an Imp achievement because we didn't have the guild peeps to do it, and most groups want to avoid the drama and "card" you before giving you an invite.

And we raid Fri/Sat 9PM-Midnight PST

You mean most groups want to get carried :p

That's too bad, those would be the worst possible raid times for me :p Otherwise I'd check you guys out!

Sec0nd

Hi guys, I need a little help!

So apparently my account got banned by Blizzard. I'm not currently playing the game and I don't plan on playing it any time soon but I'd like to at least have my account back. I've gotten a warning email that I've been banned a while ago but I thought it was some kind of scam mail since why would Blizzard ban me...

So I finally decided to check if my account banned or not. Turns out I'm banned for selling gold. I can tell you I've never done such a thing. What I did do though is transfer money from one of my characters to another one. That's not something that's forbidden right? I've done it a couple of times in the past as well with no issues.

Is there anything I can do? I don't see button or a link somewhere where I can appeal this stupid ass ban. Anyone know what I can do to solve this?

Lanrutcon

Personal loot is a BETTER chance at getting loot than group loot. For everyone.

Explain.

With Master Loot we can determine who gets the loot to better avoid duplicates. I can see Personal being better early on, but later when everyone has almost everything and some folks are just shorting a piece here and there? Master Loot let's us fill those gaps because the loot is tradable.

cdyhybrid

Explain.

With Master Loot we can determine who gets the loot to better avoid duplicates. I can see Personal being better early on, but later when everyone has almost everything and some folks are just shorting a piece here and there? Master Loot let's us fill those gaps because the loot is tradable.

Your only competition with personal loot is yourself.

Hi guys, I need a little help!

So apparently my account got banned by Blizzard. I'm not currently playing the game and I don't plan on playing it any time soon but I'd like to at least have my account back. I've gotten a warning email that I've been banned a while ago but I thought it was some kind of scam mail since why would Blizzard ban me...

So I finally decided to check if my account banned or not. Turns out I'm banned for selling gold. I can tell you I've never done such a thing. What I did do though is transfer money from one of my characters to another one. That's not something that's forbidden right? I've done it a couple of times in the past as well with no issues.

Is there anything I can do? I don't see button or a link somewhere where I can appeal this stupid ass ban. Anyone know what I can do to solve this?

Transferring gold between characters is fine. It sounds like someone got access to your account for the use of farming gold. When my account was hacked some years back I found it mid-run doing some gold farming.

You just need to follow the steps to recover the account and go through their support. They usually ask for something like a picture of your driver's license as one option to verify ownership of the account so don't be surprised if that's what they demand.

Here's the support page:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/battlenet/712/100504

And here's the account recovery page:
https://us.battle.net/account/support/login-support.html

Check those out.

cdyhybrid

Competition? Dude, I raid with a guild.

Are you one of those people who quit pugs because there are too many people who're gonna roll on your loot?

You're not understanding my post.

Every 2H STR sword user can get that 2H STR sword with personal loot. Only one can get it with ML, no matter what.

That said, I don't think it's a bad thing to use non-personal loot if you're raiding with a guild (assuming your guild isn't absolutely stupid with their loot distribution) - but there is so little difference between personal and non-personal in terms of loot chance that it's absolutely not worth using in a PUG where you can't trust the other members of the group.

Lanrutcon

You're not understanding my post.

Every 2H STR sword user can get that 2H STR sword with personal loot. Only one can get it with ML, no matter what.

Oh.

But on master loot I get a shot at every 2H sword that drops, not just the 1 I'd get from personal loot. Like I said: when you start Highmaul every drop is an upgrade for someone. Later on, you don't need 'a' drop, you need 'the' drop. If personal loot didn't give duplicates then it would be a different matter. We switched to Master the moment we realised that our raid had 90% of the Normal HM loot, and it worked beautifully.

Also Master lets you gear up specific individuals faster than personal loot, which is sometimes handy when you need to bring a specific build into the fold (we like stacking Druid healers, for example).

cdyhybrid

Oh.

But on master loot I get a shot at every 2H sword that drops, not just the 1 I'd get from personal loot. Like I said: when you start Highmaul every drop is an upgrade for someone. Later on, you don't need 'a' drop, you need 'the' drop. If personal loot didn't give duplicates then it would be a different matter. We switched to Master the moment we realised that our raid had 90% of the Normal HM loot, and it worked beautifully.

Also Master lets you gear up specific individuals faster than personal loot, which is sometimes handy when you need to bring a specific build into the fold (we like stacking Druid healers, for example).

Yeah, I'm talking about PUGs though. It's really not an issue with guilds, because guilds have rules and individuals don't really have a say in the loot distribution.

Sec0nd

Transferring gold between characters is fine. It sounds like someone got access to your account for the use of farming gold. When my account was hacked some years back I found it mid-run doing some gold farming.

You just need to follow the steps to recover the account and go through their support. They usually ask for something like a picture of your driver's license as one option to verify ownership of the account so don't be surprised if that's what they demand.

Here's the support page:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/battlenet/712/100504

And here's the account recovery page:
https://us.battle.net/account/support/login-support.html

Check those out.

Thanks! Will try it out!

Edit: My password wasn't changed. Was yours?

TheYanger

Explain.

We're not talking about in a guild, we're talking about pugging.

In a guild you can utilize funnelling effectively and make it work, but those situations you're talking about don't occur until the gear is largely irrelevent anyway, or people are being very altruistic about minor upgrades (which doesn't happen in pugs).

It's just as likely with Masterloot that you get like 3 of the same thing and have nobody to use it, which is literally impossible with personal loot, so since mathematically they're the same you actually need to specifically be doing the 'gearing up the holes we need filled' like a real guild run in order to make ML pop out on top.

I certainly don't advocate personal looting guild runs for that reason.

Thanks! Will try it out!

Edit: My password wasn't changed. Was yours?

When my account was hacked? Don't believe so. My account wasn't banned so from what I recall I logged in normally and saw things were amiss and then immediately changed my password myself and then went through the recovery steps to fix my lost gear and items. Most things were recovered and I got to keep the gold that was on hand. so that was a decent bonus.

I just recall talking to someone about my character while paying for four months that I didn't log in but I saw in my activity log that I'd been playing nonstop every day. When I logged on I was in a weird mishmash of gear (was originally prot and they had me respecced as ret and in a half prot/half ret set). And I was right in the middle of farming Hellfire Ramparts. Guess it was a quick and easy run to get some gear to vendor for quick gold?

I think I was incorrect about the ID thing. I believe that was when I changed phones and had a phone app authenticator set up so I was no longer able to log in. For an account hack I don't remember specifically what they asked from me, if much of anything. But certainly change your passwords and security question stuff.

TheYanger

Back then, yes, we had no choice.

No, you had a choice, because what I'm saying is people just played from org :p

If you played from Undercity that's all you, the playerbase at large never left Org or Ironforge without a purpose. I'm sure there were similarly some crazies that played from Stormwind.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
We simply chose the quickest route to raiding/pvp back then. Not saying everyone did it, but waiting on zeppelins was a huge inconvenience. World pvp was predominantly in the plaguelands or brm area, not to mention heading to IF for duels. Org was just the IF style hangout, but it's not like IF was meant to be the main city either. You can easily see how everything shifted when they put AHs in SW and then made every quest/portal out of there. Was sort of sad how IF died. UC was never as dead as SW back then though. In general, I just never liked Org though, I preferred TB too.

So I just went to buy the expansion after a huge lapse in playing and I have a question. Do you not get a free month with the expansion? I'm installing it now, and it says my account is frozen because there is no subscription. I thought every expansion included 30 days.

Robin64

So I just went to buy the expansion after a huge lapse in playing and I have a question. Do you not get a free month with the expansion? I'm installing it now, and it says my account is frozen because there is no subscription. I thought every expansion included 30 days.

Sadly not, only the base pack comes with 30 days.

The difference between holy and disc is crazy

Switched to disc and I'm mopping up heroics now. No one dies and I never run out of mana.

Holy can go jump off a bridge

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suppose Pandaria's raids aren't fully soloable at lvl 100 yet? There is some mounts i'd like to get from them.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Guild wants me to tank mythic brakenspore as a DK tonight.
Feelin nervous since I haven't tanked anything serious on my DK yet.

Last time I did serious tanking was on my prot pally over a year ago.

Ultratech

I suppose Pandaria's raids aren't fully soloable at lvl 100 yet? There is some mounts i'd like to get from them.

If you're a Blood DK? Apparently, they're soloing bosses in SoO now.
(Granted, they're pretty geared too.)

But judging from what I read on that, there's a fair number of bosses that can't be soloed either due to mechanics or just way too much damage being put out.

So they're not all fully soloable yet.

th3dude

4PwFCZH.jpg

Camping PoundFist... Core Hounds edition

If you're a Blood DK? Apparently, they're soloing bosses in SoO now.
(Granted, they're pretty geared too.)

But judging from what I read on that, there's a fair number of bosses that can't be soloed either due to mechanics or just way too much damage being put out.

So they're not all fully soloable yet.

Hopefully one of the mid-expac patches changes this.

M.D

Finally got to LFR, did the first two sections.

Pretty cool stuff, but it felt even easier than Pandaria LFR
How hard are the bosses on the next difficulties?

I got a shoulder piece and a weapon both with gem sockets and the weapon is warforged, so that's cool...

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finally got to LFR, did the first two sections.

Pretty cool stuff, but it felt even easier than Pandaria LFR
How hard are the bosses on the next difficulties?

I got a shoulder piece and a weapon both with gem sockets and the weapon is warforged, so that's cool...

Normal was perfectly fine for me. Although, I can say Imperator requires to be very careful with mechanics and tactics as some simple fuck ups (getting near tank debuff, failing at mines, etc...) can lead to wipes.

Hell, it took me 87 wipes over the last few weeks till I finally got him yesterday. :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's gotten to the point where pugs are outperforming the guild I'm in in terms of raiding. I think it's time to find a new guild.

I'm in this situation too. I'm almost scared we're going to STILL be doing normal next week.

Like..whats the point of being in a guild?

Gvaz

Banned

Ally scum, horde here

Setzer

Does anyone know for sure when the 10th anniversary stuff is going to end? According to this post on battle.net it ends on Tuesday at 10am and according to the in-game calendar it ends tomorrow at 10am. Sure hope it's Tuesday.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Did your guild clear normal or still stuck? Either way its a waste of time to still be doing normal.

cleared normal. I'm 6/7 heroic just by pugging it, but my guild hasn't even tried Brack and Ko'ragh because we were spending our few raiding days doing Normal. I hope once everyone's back from holidays we'll get right back to Heroic.

Honestly I think guilds don't even need to do normal. But it's kind of the tradeoff I'm willing to accept to only raid a few hours a week.

Top Bottom