• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

DarkJC

One thing I wish that Blizz would take away from what ArenaNet did with GuildWars 2 is an account-wide transmog library. Once you loot/acquire an item, it is permanently inserted into your library. Doesn't take up any space.

They also did something like this for Diablo, once you've picked up an item its available to transmog, you don't need to hold onto it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
When/if DW is viable on DK, I'd probably be Warglaives all day. Only problem is there aren't really any good green transmog sets that match.

1416.jpg

Crafted season 12 DK gear looks so cool with warglaives on my dwarf by the way.

Looks really mean and angular.

ZenaxPure

Though a revamp to that sort of system would probably cost a raid tier. (Really, it would be quite a bit of work though.)

Yeah I've always assumed they haven't switched to that type of transmog yet because it would take a lot of work on their end.

Also probably less of an issue but making a UI for it that isn't absolutely horrible would be interesting. When you take into account just how many armor models + recolors there are in the game it's ridiculous. I have at a minimum 2 pages of options for every slot and barely have any of the skins I could have if the game used a transmog system where you only needed to unlock skins and not have the item.

Like what was said get a third person. But you should also know that you can't "save" an invasion for the next week. Tuesday's reset will clear any invasion quests you have ready.

I wish they were more transparent on how this worked, because, last week my invasion went away for Iron Horde but I went and did 1 pit daily (since the pit is up every fucking day on my server for some reason) and the invasion came back pretty much immediately.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Oh, I wiped plenty on Normal. Such an easy fight too.

Aye, but when it comes to mechanics, it's fucking brutal and simple fuck ups can cost plenty of wipes (I had pugs with some people who stepped on mines, ffs).

Then again, I have no doubt it was easy on LFR considering how LFR now is a tourist mode.

I actually blew my stack last night in a premade raid group.

I was on vacation all last week and I kept blowing off doing my quick runs for heroic twins and Kargath, so I figured I'd be able to get into an easy Kargath after work last night before the reset.

Four hours, three groups, no kill.

I was on the stands team at one point, and two people were just jumping off after we killed like three bombers, which happened within about 20 seconds. The other three of us were heading to the other side, and two of them died because for some reason, people just kept... jumping down. They wiped us four times because of this.

I think it's the first time since Wrath that I've ragequit.

I don't even remember what I said in chat before I left, but I'm quite sure it was very profane and I'm glad I didn't get reported. >_>

I'm convinced that people join raid groups just to make other people fail.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Amusingly enough, when I did a Heroic run with some of my guild and other non-guildies, I've seen some people getting killed by Berserker Rush (It's easy to avoid, too). Hell, one of the shamans got marked by Berserker Rush and just stood there and never bothered to kite Kargath to the fire pillar (Thank god we killed the boss that day).

Sadly though, the heroic run fell apart since one of the healers had to leave during Brackenspore's fight.

Putting it simply, Heroic isn't a pushover as I somewhat expected (To be fair, all the bosses save for Ko'ragh and Imperator were fairly easy for me on normal)

Renekton

PVE Class Balance - yay guess who's top

Putting it simply, Heroic isn't a pushover as I somewhat expected (To be fair, all the bosses save for Ko'ragh and Imperator were fairly easy for me on normal)
It's weird seeing guilds touting their "H5/7 on farm" in trade chat while group-finder PUGs are hitting that. Either that or maybe some guy continued with lockout after his guild run was done for the week.

Imperator mechanics are trivial as a healer though.

Karl Hawk

Banned
PVE Class Balance - yay guess who's top

It's weird seeing guilds touting their "H5/7 on farm" in trade chat while group-finder PUGs are hitting that. Either that or maybe some guy continued with lockout after his guild run was done for the week.

Imperator mechanics are trivial as a healer though.

My main problem with heroic pugs is that some of them are farming trash or having ridiculous demands like ''HC Butcher/Spore/blah blah. Must have Ahead of the Curve or no invite'' And I feel like the latter demands the best of players or at worst wanna be carried

Hell, the highest dps I can do at the moment is 20k dps (Though it depends on my rotation during the boss fight), but I can't imagine that'll be good enough for some heroic pugs

Anyone have the Crimson Water Strider? I started working on the 700 enormous fish needed to get the level 3 shack (which is fairly ridiculous) and then decided to check it out. It's taking people around 7,500-10,000 casts to catch the 100 lunkers required to get the 100 coins for that mount! Ridiculous! Immediately decided I'll work on a different grind first.

Was up to around 62k in gold so decided to buy the three mystery orbs and the other mats to make the Geosynchronous World Spinner. That puts me at 242 mounts and I now only have one last profession made mount I don't have (the new Leatherworking one, and I'm working on that a bit off-and-on).

No raid mount drops this week. Did try out 25m Heroic Firelands for the solo this time and ended up dying twice in there. It certainly is a bit more of a challenge with the stuns and damage that builds up on the longer fights. One of those deaths was stepping into the trap on Ragnaros not realizing what it did and being tossed way up in the air. Wheee!

I have something like 17 pagle bills. Yeah, it's definitely a long grind. And not exactly a rewarding one anymore either with the alchemy changes that killed fishing profitability. The inability to get lunkers in the garrison doesn't help when otherwise that's fairly rewarding for the chance at cool loots from the lurker dudes.

I have something like 17 pagle bills. Yeah, it's definitely a long grind. And not exactly a rewarding one anymore either with the alchemy changes that killed fishing profitability. The inability to get lunkers in the garrison doesn't help when otherwise that's fairly rewarding for the chance at cool loots from the lurker dudes.

When I was reading about it last night one person posted about a drop rate of getting the coins from the lurkers in the garrison. I think they had six coins from 35 lurker kills. Not sure how long that takes since I haven't done that yet but it's a possible option.

When I was reading about it last night one person posted about a drop rate of getting the coins from the lurkers in the garrison. I think they had six coins from 35 lurker kills. Not sure how long that takes since I haven't done that yet but it's a possible option.

Forgot about that. Still slower than fishing out in the world though. I haven't fished in awhile - have pretty much everything (item-wise, missing a few random achieves) but the sea turtle, and it kills me. But I'm not gonna spend ages going after it either when there's other things I could be doing.

ZenaxPure

Forgot about that. Still slower than fishing out in the world though. I haven't fished in awhile - have pretty much everything (item-wise, missing a few random achieves) but the sea turtle, and it kills me. But I'm not gonna spend ages going after it either when there's other things I could be doing.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking with Lunkers, it's one of the most ridiculous grinds in the game if you want all the unique items from him. I usually average 2 lunkers per hour if I'm lucky, but hell, I've gone a full hour without catching a single one before which does a great job at killing motivation to grind out more.

Might try out the lurker route for a while to mix things up, I actually kinda like fishing them up and fighting them. They aren't particularly challenging or anything but it mixes things up and gives you a break from fishing to kill something and get sweet loot.

zaxon

I can't imagine the Nat Pagle thing doesn't get fixed at some point soon to give a much better drop rate. They're going to have an epidemic of fishing bots if they don't.

Personally I've logged about three hours fishing, divided evenly between the world and the garrison. I've caught zero lunkers and got zero coins from the 10 or so lurkers I've killed. And you need 150 of them for the mount and pet. That's just.... broken.

Somehow got my first non-LFR Imperator kill on my DK and not my Mage. Did normal again on my DK with the same guild. After Ko'ragh, instead of calling it, we had a few people on alts switch to mains. I was going to switch to my Mage but we didn't have another tank, so I stayed on my DK and ended up 1 shotting him. Did great with loot despite not having priority over mains. Both tank trinkets dropped and since their main tank was there I got both. Also rolled the 2her on Ko'ragh. :D

cdyhybrid

Really wish people would advertise the loot setting in the LFG tool.

Or at least put "I WANT YOU TO CARRY ME SO I CAN NINJA EVERYTHING" or something.

Somehow I managed to get into a good Heroic group, was a semi-guild run. I was only expected to kill Brackenspore but somehow ended up killing Tectus, Twins and Ko'ragh for the first time. We got some Imperator tries in, but in the end I was asked to leave the group because I was the lowest dps at 22k. Still a great evening, now I only need 3 more HC kills for my Mythic cache to pop up.

Renekton

Goodwill coming back to bite me. Got into a partial-guild N.HM run and I passed on two small 650->655 upgrades for their guildie since they were nice people. Then later short of 1 ilvl for a Heroic PUG.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
what? It's like you've never seen an achievement before...

for backstory, this is actually one of the founding characters of the guild back in 2004, who was shelved at ~46 in ~Feb 2005 to move to my then-main shaman. So I did boost this char, but not sure any of them realized or thought about it. lol. I guess it does look funny.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did the achievements in ICC25 yesterday for the undead dragon mount... now at 199.

Only one more...!

I really want the green fire hawk from the 250 mounts achievement, but I think I won't get this one until at least 2-3 more expansions... lol. If only they could count the mounts that are faction specific...I would start farming Argent Tournament seals for the Horde mounts, already got all the Alliance ones.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I stumbled upon videos of Dives (Infamous for raging when things go wrong during vanilla raiding)

Holy shit, they made me laugh. Especially the Onyxia wipe animation. Yeah, he maybe a douche, but I find amusement when I see people raging in the game.

I like watching old videos of WoW raiding (especially vanilla and TBC), but some of the comments somewhat turn me off

TomServo

Is it possible to play this game without:
- Raiding with guild only?
*or*
- Being a prick?
*or*
- Being incompetent?

I've done progression raiding, have server firsts in heroic Ulduar and ToGC. I know I'm solid. I still read strats and watch videos before I enter a PuG raid.

It seems like everyone else in PuGs is either a total shitsipper who rages over everything, or thinks that playing the game to "relax" justifies being completely ignorant of mechanics and almost militantly opposed to improving.

I've dumped groups for both reasons. I don't need to let negativity in my life, but I also don't enjoy wiping all over the place because people don't want to learn. I'd say I can tolerate maybe one out of every 10 PuG raids.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
blue tweet said:
Into the fel flame I go...

Warlocks look pretty good at the moment. There are probably some tweaks that can and might be made to bring some things up a bit. The issue is probably more that there aren't any fights where warlocks really shine, and they're just consistently good. It's a stark contrast to Mists where warlocks shined in everything... everywhere... all the time. Neither situation is ideal, and it's something we're keeping an eye on.
ffs. "no no no.. your guys' damage is great! We just don't have fights to show it as great, that's all."

this is like "you're playing it wrong.. we just don't have a way in there for you to play it right"

ampere

That "analysis" is so bad it's actually as bad as Simcraft dps stack ranks. They gave ranks to classes per boss (not even split by spec) in a relatively arbitrary manner. There was no attempt to differentiate AoE/single target or anything really. And one of their conclusions were that Monks, Hunters and Priests need buffs, umm a joke perhaps Posts like that one are actually worse than people doing no attempt at analysis at all, because it only serves to confuse.

Anyone have the Crimson Water Strider? I started working on the 700 enormous fish needed to get the level 3 shack (which is fairly ridiculous) and then decided to check it out. It's taking people around 7,500-10,000 casts to catch the 100 lunkers required to get the 100 coins for that mount! Ridiculous! Immediately decided I'll work on a different grind first.

I think they will nerf this later in the expac. They did that in MoP with the last Nat Pagle grind. So I'm also waiting.

M.D

I am at 646 right now. My gear is all from LFR, world bosses, garrison missions or getting conquest in Ashran. I have not done any raiding outside of LFR and have not bought anything. I should be a bit higher tomorrow once I get my conquest daggers. If you have not earned any conquest yet the catch up mechanic should allow you to get 3-4 660 items right now.

Getting conquest PVP gear is 660, and aren't terrible pieces of gear. If you get revered with Wrynn's vanguard you have a selection of 3 pieces per slot. Get the piece best itemized for you if you don't care about 2/4 piece set bonuses.

If you are really into PVP getting 2k-2.4k nets you 2700+ points. Which can easily get you 2 pieces of gear for cheap areas.

Normal cap is 1500 + 200 ashran, so 1700 which is one 1250 piece, a ring or something.

You can always buy cheap AH 640 items around 5k, also world bosses give you 650 gear.

My tips for gearing. I haven't done anything higher than LFR so far and I am at ilvl 635.

* 2 pieces of 640 from LFR
* 2 pieces of 640 from Blacksmithing in my Garrison
* Got my weapon from Silver proving grounds, and got lucky and it auto-upgraded to 640 purple
* Several pieces of Heroic 630 gear
* 680 ring from Legendary quest line
* Still using one or 2 615ish pieces from questing, need to upgrade those next
* One piece from Apexis crystals (do your dailies!)

Soon I'll have my Garrison followers upgraded enough to start raiding, so that will help.

Thanks for the info. I have not Qd for LFR yet. I have a lock at 632 and am working on getting my mage and shaman to 100.

Enjoy, gold is pretty damn easy to come by now. I can solo 25man firelands and dragon soul in a little over an hour and get 2500g. Im going to be quite rich by the time I get the 3 mounts from there. I was at 70k, bought some gloves for 23k on xmas eve, and Im already back to 68k. The only thing I do is questing and garrison stuff. I have yet put a single profession thing on the AH.

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I Got a 650 item from a world boss and will kill one today as well, hopefully it will drop another item. as for gold, I'm gonna try to follow the auction house or trade channel for a while to see if I can get a good deal

Also did PVP once and got a 626 item (681 in PVP IIRC)
I may get more into PVP, seems pretty fun and feral is supposedly good at PVP

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, I've gotten back into the game after a lengthy hiatus (haven't played since Cata). What addons should I be grabbing? Are they largely the same as back then? Gonna be mostly playing mage and resto druid.

th3dude

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I Got a 650 item from a world boss and will kill one today as well, hopefully it will drop another item. as for gold, I'm gonna try to follow the auction house or trade channel for a while to see if I can get a good deal

Also did PVP once and got a 626 item (681 in PVP IIRC)
I may get more into PVP, seems pretty fun and feral is supposedly good at PVP

Glad to hear it!

I'm excited about my Garrison missions this week.

I should have a 100% 645 shoulder item waiting for me at home today from a mission. Upgrade from 630.

I also got my first Highmaul mission. Right now best I can do is 56%. The mission doesn't expire for another week or so, so I have some time to try to improve that before I launch it.

Yay missions!

So, I've gotten back into the game after a lengthy hiatus (haven't played since Cata). What addons should I be grabbing? Are they largely the same as back then? Gonna be mostly playing mage and resto druid.

Can't speak for anything class specific, but I also recently came back and find the following amazing:

• Skada - DPS tracker, super easy to use
  • TidyPlates - Great nameplates for enemies
  • DeadlyBossMods - Almost necessary if you are going to do Heroics and/or raids, very useful and lightweight
  • MasterPlan - Garrison mission management. Don't bother with Garrison missions without this.
  • Garrison Mission Manager - See above.
  • Bartender 4 - Best way to organize your action bars
  • AutoRepair - automatically repair any time you are at a repair vendor
  • Bagnon - Shows one large bag instead of multiple windows (my preference, I hate multiple bags)

Mupod

Free loot night got delayed by our main tank's computer problems, we ended up finding a pug and doing 6/7 heroic. Got Imperator down to 10% after only 3 attempts but it was too late to continue by then. Should be able to get him tonight but we're apparently going to try Mythic Kargath instead.

The way raids are set up now makes it really easy to learn encounters. Hell heroic imperator barely feels much different than normal did on our first kill, since our gear has improved so much. Last phase is crazy amounts of damage though.

Got Mythic boots from my cache. BiS, but they're only upgrading heroic ones. Though I suppose I can't complain since they come from the Butcher...

Though I'd rather have his gloves since I'm still rocking blue ones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the max ilvl that followers can go? Is there any point of going higher than 645? Do followers with the Bodyguard trait become stronger the higher their ilvl is if you have them while questing/farming?

Mupod

What's the max ilvl that followers can go? Is there any point of going higher than 645? Do followers with the Bodyguard trait become stronger the higher their ilvl is if you have them while questing/farming?

I don't think ilvl or rarity affects bodyguards or patrols.

There's currently no reason to go above 645, I think they can only go to 655 or something like that. But I'm sure they'll change things when Foundry is out.

ampere

The fact that Blizzard haven't bought Masterplan and incorporated it officially is kind of silly.

Best addon of 2014.

It is a great addon, but they could just copy all the features for free. Blizzard doesn't have to pay addon devs anything.

They can go up to 655, and 655 followers get a slight % bonus to missions success on 645 missions if you were not already at 100%. I'd imagine that Blackrock Foundry follower missions, if they exist, will be 655 missions.

DarkJC

What does Masterplan do?

It's a big improvement to the follower UI. Suggests teams for missions to maximize completion, you can sort missions by whatever you want to prioritize (follower experience, success rate, etc.), shows you when followers with specific abilities for a mission will be back next, and a lot of other cool stuff.

I wouldn't go without it.

ffs. "no no no.. your guys' damage is great! We just don't have fights to show it as great, that's all."

this is like "you're playing it wrong.. we just don't have a way in there for you to play it right"

Eh he's not wrong.

Affliction is good, in both PVE and PVP.

Sure demo and destro are dog shit, but who cares? If you rolled the dot class and don't want to the play the dot spec what are you doing with your life?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only Warlock spec I like is Demo :(

I like them all, but I'm fucking useless at affliction. I don't even know why, I'm generally more than good enough at the game for heroic/mythic raiding, but I always pump out dogshit damage when i try affliction.

Adaren

Can't speak for anything class specific, but I also recently came back and find the following amazing:

• Skada - DPS tracker, super easy to use
  • TidyPlates - Great nameplates for enemies
  • DeadlyBossMods - Almost necessary if you are going to do Heroics and/or raids, very useful and lightweight
  • MasterPlan - Garrison mission management. Don't bother with Garrison missions without this.
  • Garrison Mission Manager - See above.
  • Bartender 4 - Best way to organize your action bars
  • AutoRepair - automatically repair any time you are at a repair vendor
  • Bagnon - Shows one large bag instead of multiple windows (my preference, I hate multiple bags)

You'll also need Unit Frames and possibly separate Raid Frames for your Resto Druid.

I use Pitbull for the former; it's great and highly customizable, but setting it up is a bit involved. If you're the type of person who loves to tinker with your UI, it's great.

For Raid Frames I use VuhDo, a healer-centric raid frame addon. It's a great addon and originally came into popularity because of how well it worked for Resto Druids.
(That said, I'm rarely healing nowadays so I haven't kept up with all of VuhDo's competitors, but it still works well for me!)

Finally, I'd recommend a customizable addon for tracking, well, everything else. Cooldowns, buffs, resources, timers, etc. I use TellMeWhen for this, but lots of people use WeakAuras instead. WeakAuras tends to have a lot of "pre-built" support; if you google "Restro Druid WeakAuras" I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of things. TMW is more about building things yourself, but the UI for it is fantastic and the addon is extremely powerful. I recently had a friend swap from WA to TMW and told me he likes TMW better, so take that as you will!

Top Bottom