• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's a big improvement to the follower UI. Suggests teams for missions to maximize completion, you can sort missions by whatever you want to prioritize (follower experience, success rate, etc.), shows you when followers with specific abilities for a mission will be back next, and a lot of other cool stuff.

I wouldn't go without it.

Does it tell you how many followers have each special abilities? I had to make a fucking spreadsheet to know that my Mage have 6 followers with Group Damage ability and that my Paladin have 4 with it. Useful when using that Retraining item for when I have a special ability too many times (like 7-8 followers with Powerful Spell).

Robin64

Plus it shows the various important missions, such as the Highmaul ones and the legendary stones ones, and tells you what abilities you are missing to cover those if they come up. Really useful.

ffs. "no no no.. your guys' damage is great! We just don't have fights to show it as great, that's all."

this is like "you're playing it wrong.. we just don't have a way in there for you to play it right"

The only thing I want back is being able to cast incinerate and shadow bolt while moving. I am flipping my shit trying to understand why hunters can cast like 95% of their skills while moving and locks get a big veiny wang in their asses. I loved my lock in Pandaland, Im not as happy now, although I feel better than I do with my fire mage. The lack of crit at 100 is going to make my fire mage suck, which sucks, because playing at 90 with 40-50% crit is fun as hell.

That Emperor Shaohao rep grind isn't so bad now that things die quickly. I can't even imagine doing all of this during MoP. Myself and a guild member started up last night and did some more today. I'm at 5k into exalted now after starting at 1k into Friendly. I think that's been right around 6-7 hours of farming. With how fast we've gotten our loop and the order of kills we probably have around four more hours to go for me. He'll be done sooner so I'll have to form an LFG group for my last 5k roughly. Or I could just solo it. Whichever.

I can't imagine enjoying those follower add-ons everyone loves in here because from the sound of it the add-on removes any thought needed into who to upgrade, who to put on missions, etc. It just becomes a mindless action of clicking where the add-on tells you to. I think the follower stuff is a big dumb in some areas and a few of the UI things that add-on does sound handy but I still prefer keeping it as Blizzard designed it so I have to think about it at least a little bit.

vocab

His defense? He got mythic imp... and the tank prepulled 3 seconds early so it's not his fault.

I would of just kicked him for being shit, and not doing his job. 3 seconds early doesnt change anything. Also, he's a rogue. Feint, cheat death, cloak of shadows. Dude sucks.

That Emperor Shaohao rep grind isn't so bad now that things die quickly. I can't even imagine doing all of this during MoP. Myself and a guild member started up last night and did some more today. I'm at 5k into exalted now after starting at 1k into Friendly. I think that's been right around 6-7 hours of farming. With how fast we've gotten our loop and the order of kills we probably have around four more hours to go for me. He'll be done sooner so I'll have to form an LFG group for my last 5k roughly. Or I could just solo it. Whichever.

I can't imagine enjoying those follower add-ons everyone loves in here because from the sound of it the add-on removes any thought needed into who to upgrade, who to put on missions, etc. It just becomes a mindless action of clicking where the add-on tells you to. I think the follower stuff is a big dumb in some areas and a few of the UI things that add-on does sound handy but I still prefer keeping it as Blizzard designed it so I have to think about it at least a little bit.

I need to go back and do that as well as finish getting giant dinosaur bones and the last of the 3 colored raptors. I still haven't got the mounts from Strat or ZG, or ZA, which ever one has the princess with all the jaguars. With a few more acheiv and profession mounts, I should be able to hit 200 pretty soon.

Random rant.

Had some rogue in a normal today fuck up the stacks on Butcher twice. NORMAL.

His defense? He got mythic imp... and the tank prepulled 3 seconds early so it's not his fault. OBVIOUSLY THE REST OF US ARE BADDIES IN NORMAL.

FUCK YOU GET OUT OF NORMAL THEN.

Sorry. I usually don't rage this hard, but it was really annoying.

Had bodypulling shenanigans last night in Normal. On tectus it made healers go OOM a minute into the fight since the floor was covered in shit but we still recovered. When it happened on Twins we ended up single tanking both bosses for the last 40% but we still did it.

Also, a rogue's job isn't hard on any difficulty of Imperator. Not sure what the point of his brag was.

I need to go back and do that as well as finish getting giant dinosaur bones and the last of the 3 colored raptors. I still haven't got the mounts from Strat or ZG, or ZA, which ever one has the princess with all the jaguars. With a few more acheiv and profession mounts, I should be able to hit 200 pretty soon.

The dinosaur bones would go much quicker at 100 but to make it less of a drag I'd suggest just collect until an egg drops, then hold off for it to hatch and then return for more bones and an egg if it's a dupe. I did that and split it up between something like nine or ten sessions (had a lot of dupe raptors) which made the 20ish hours not seem so bad since the longest a single session went was around 3-4 hours. By the time I got all three unique raptors I was at around 9200 bones or something like that.

And you're thinking of ZG for the mounts. ZA has the timed bear mount.

zanyu

Random rant.

His defense? He got mythic imp... and the tank prepulled 3 seconds early so it's not his fault. OBVIOUSLY THE REST OF US ARE BADDIES IN NORMAL.

If he has mythic imperator and bitching about butcher normal, he seems like a troll if he was there just to be there.

At the same time, a rogue can't really fuck up stacks unless he is on the wrong side or he literally steps out messing up the number of people on each side.

Robin64

Another week, another short sucky garrison campaign quest.
"We'll keep the heart safe in the garrison"
I can't see it anywhere.

Also no reward again.

zanyu

welp paladin 4 peice just became useless in both pve and pvp now. GJ blizz.
the 6% was ok but knocking it down to 4 sec makes it useless.

It's being tested and if it stays that way, the 4 piece will be trash and won't even be worth wearing the 4 piece, mix and match pve gear.

Also blackrock foundry mythic gear is literally BiS for PVP. People have done the math on it, as well as looking at the tier 17 set bonuses, there's no way you'd want to wear pvp gear over pve. Even right now you can literally deal significantly more damage in PVE gear than PVP gear for some classes.

Maldiva a rank 1 warlock wears half or even more pve gear. And if you watch him stream, him and his teammates are leaning towards more pve gear now. Scabbard being god trinket for DKs specifically if you are going for a burst combo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/durotan/Maldiva/simple

I really wonder what blizzard will do. Cause if you're shooting for rank 1 or gladiator this season, PVE gear will make or break rating just like shadowmourne, warglaives, etc.

I know a lot of people will argue that they beat people with shadowmourne with a shitty regular weapon, but when you give legendaries/god items to the correct players they will go up in rating.

Just wondering anyone on GAF a serious PVPer? I've actually been wanting some serious partners again to get gladiator this season.

I was a season 2,3,4,6,8 gladiator on my Warrior. At the moment playing Ret paladin. Highest 2100 this season on ret so far.

ZenaxPure

That Emperor Shaohao rep grind isn't so bad now that things die quickly. I can't even imagine doing all of this during MoP.

It's actually pretty funny looking back to the Timeless Isle and how much of a test bed it was for WoD down to the really terrible grindy Rep. I'm still not exalted with Shaohao either, I do his daily quest each day and then call it quits, I'll get exalted eventually. I typically just buy a challenge scroll and clear out that area since it is around 20 elites.

I might grind it out at some point, but, I've been focusing on the WoD reps instead, got exalted with Exarch last night which leaves me with the Arrakoa which I am scared to think about because I am only like 200 into revered.

Touchdown

Banned
Random rant.

Part of the reason I stopped pugging raids a while back. :/ I only run with my guild now.

I can't see it anywhere.

Also no reward again.

I think it's in the giant chest by the fire in your garrison (horde). At least I never noticed the chest until last night. You also get a quest for 250 garrison resources earlier in that quest chain.

ampere

I can't see it anywhere.

Also no reward again.

There's a big chest near the center fire pit. Assuming the heart is there, though it totally wouldn't fit. RP breaking!!!

Karl Hawk

Banned
Speaking of garrison missions, I've been delaying my Highmaul mission just so I can upgrade my epic followers to 645 and get the highest success rate I can get.

Though, it may take a while since War Mill work orders mostly gives iron horde scraps, apexis crystals and not enough epic follower weapon/armor upgrades (They're bloody rare too). >_>

cdyhybrid

January 7

Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts

Garrison Buildings

Barn
-Deadly Iron Trap now only traps an elite creature (Direfang Alpha, Ironhide Bull, and Wetland Trampler) that the player or party has tap credit on.
-[Require a realm restart] Spawn rates for Direfang Alpha, Ironhide Bull, and Wetland Trampler has increased slightly.

Class

Death Knight

Talents
-Conversion for Frost Death Knights should now correctly count as 15 Runic Power spent toward other abilities that trigger based on Runic Power spent.

Druid

Restoration
-Wild Growth's healing should now smoothly increase with Haste instead of having breakpoints. Total healing for the ability will vary slightly depending how much Haste the Druid had previously; with healing increasing slightly for most Druids.

Armor Sets
-PvP 2-piece set bonus for Restoration Druids should no longer incorrectly consume Nature's Swiftness when the root effect is triggered.

Hunter

Talents
-Resolved a situation that could cause Binding Shot to not stun the target correctly.

Monk

General
-Way of the Monk now increases the Monk's autoattack damage with one-handed weapons by 25% (down from 40%), and increases the attack speed of two-handed weapons by 55% (up from 40%).

Priest

Talents
-Clarity of Will's (Discipline) damage absorption shield can now stack up to a maximum of 75% of the casting Priest's health (instead of up to 50% of the target's health).

Rogue

Subtlety
-Honor Among Thieves now only triggers its effect in combat.
-Sinister Calling's triggered Bleed effects should now be able to Crit or Multistrike if the source Bleed effect could Crit or Multistrike.

Shaman

General
-Lightning Shield should no longer expire prematurely when Cyclone is cast on an Elemental Shaman.

Warrior

Fury
-Wild Strike should now be correctly crediting the full amount of Rage that had been spent towards the talent, Anger Management.
PvP

Ashran
-Players should now receive advanced notification when the Bonus Objective: Brute's Rise will become active.
-Fangraal no longer uses the Soul of the Forest ability.
-Alliance PvP vendors Bregg Coppercast and Ingrid Blackingot now have collision boxes.
-Horde PvP vendors Lieutenant Axelash and Lieutenant Brokefist have moved closer to the road leading into Ashran, and now have collision boxes.

Battlegrounds and Arenas

-Hand of Protection should now interrupt players that are in the process of capturing a point in the Battlegrounds.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of garrison missions, I've been delaying my Highmaul mission just so I can upgrade my epic followers to 645 and get the highest success rate I can get.

Though, it may take a while since War Mill work orders mostly gives iron horde scraps, apexis crystals and not enough epic follower weapon/armor upgrades (They're bloody rare too). >_>

I try to do as many missions I can, even those below 100, for a chance at Big Crates of Salvage, since they can have followers upgrades.

Conversion needed a nerf, but IMO it every passive % per time healing shit should be removed. Shit is so stupid and brain dead.

Conversion, Spirit bond, and Yersas gift. Recuperate and ember tap (tho the later needs a nerf when specced right for it but destro is shit anyways so who cares.) can stay I guess, conversion is shit for non frost dks anyways so replacing that talent would be a godsend.

Barn
-Deadly Iron Trap now only traps an elite creature (Direfang Alpha, Ironhide Bull, and Wetland Trampler) that the player or party has tap credit on.

What a dumb fucking change. This is one of these things that literally has a negative effect and no positive return. It's super small but man, when Blizz goes back to fix stuff that makes the grindy bullshit padding take marginally less time (and makes a huge difference on high pop servers) it's just like, who is this for? Who do you think is benefiting from this change?

I know it's small, but shit like this just irks the shit out of me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What a dumb fucking change. This is one of these things that literally has a negative effect and no positive return. It's super small but man, when Blizz goes back to fix stuff that makes the grindy bullshit padding take marginally less time (and makes a huge difference on high pop servers) it's just like, who is this for? Who do you think is benefiting from this change?

How is this a bad change? All it does is stop people from stealing targets from other players.

How is this a bad change? All it does is stop people from stealing targets from other players.

I suppose people could technically steal before, but that has never happened to me. On my server there's almost always at least three people farming the clefthoofs and almost half of the cages I get are from putting a trap down on an already trapped beast. Now I'm forced to just compete with people for tags which on my server is going to make it take at least 50% longer I'd wager.

I admit I hadn't considered people could "steal" beasts before which in hindsight seems obvious but like I said that's just never happened to me despite there always being others there.

I suppose people could technically steal before, but that has never happened to me. On my server there's almost always at least three people farming the clefthoofs and almost half of the cages I get are from putting a trap down on an already trapped beast. Now I'm forced to just compete with people for tags which on my server is going to make it take at least 50% longer I'd wager.

I admit I hadn't considered people could "steal" beasts before which in hindsight seems obvious but like I said that's just never happened to me despite there always being others there.

Did you miss the part where they're increasing the amount of mobs and their spawn rate too?

There was no 'stealing' both parties got the caged animal.

Someone with taunt can move a beast off your trap and onto theirs. It was a common griefing tactic and I'm glad it's gone.

And increasing spawn rates isn't going to do much when they're as competitively camped as they are right now. It's only going to get worse as demand for bloods goes up. They literally need to spawn in more areas. They need to find more room for Alphas in particular. I think there's ~15 spawns in all of Nagrand.

Someone with taunt can move a beast off your trap and onto theirs. It was a common griefing tactic and I'm glad it's gone.

And increasing spawn rates isn't going to do much when they're as competitively camped as they are right now. It's only going to get worse as demand for bloods goes up. They literally need to spawn in more areas. They need to find more room for Alphas in particular. I think there's ~15 spawns in all of Nagrand.

how can you tell these are elite beast?

Wow the loot gods love me this week. Won a 2h on my DK last night from normal Ko'ragh. Ran heroic tonight on my Mage. Rolled the staff from Tectus and then a warforged trinket from Twin Ogron right after. Decided to use a bonus roll on Ko'ragh to see if my luck would continue but rolled gold. Spent about 45 minutes on Imperator before calling it. Should have him dead tomorrow. Only other thing I won was a heroic warforged ring that replaces my normal heroic one but I was hyped rolling that staff.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I think at this point the game is moving towards playing like a way to just artificially keep players subscribed, instead of doing it in a way where we're actually playing.

So instead of getting frustrated, players in general just become bored. Garrison missions, profession cooldowns, all these things aren't hard or even remotely difficult, just time consuming.

So now instead of being able to go out and easily farm up some traps, it's gonna take forever, and bots are still running rampant in Zul'Drak/Stonecore.

vocab

97 percent cache let's go.

Also my guild is in trouble I feel. Two core healers are about to quit. One for real life and the other just doesn't enjoy his class and the game anymore. We have other healers but you can feel the weakness in the healing without the true core. We have world class healers and Dps in our guild but lack real hard leadership. Shit is about to crumble. Brakenspore is crushing us, and I'm feeling really apathetic towards the game too. Ugh.

Lanrutcon

There was no 'stealing' both parties got the caged animal.

Um, no. People have been griefing traps since launch, dude. It's a major topic on the WoW forums and people have been begging for a counter measure.

Don't blame Blizzard here, blame the dicks who steal mobs because sharing isn't in line with their moral code.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Um, no. People have been griefing traps since launch, dude. It's a major topic on the WoW forums and people have been begging for a counter measure.

Don't blame Blizzard here, blame the dicks who steal mobs because sharing isn't in line with their moral code.

If they drag the mob away from you and your trap and trigger theirs instead, you could, well used to be able to, put one down again and get it anyway even as it's trapped and the barn NPCs are around it talking.

You couldn't trap the same animal twice I guess. Oh the humanity, no exploiting bugs.

You couldn't trap the same animal twice I guess. Oh the humanity, no exploiting bugs.
Of course you can, even with a group.
Stand inside each other and place your traps -> Pull the mob and bring it down to <50% -> After your traps trigger just put down a second one exactly over your first one. Everybody will get a second trapped animal before the mob disappears.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Of course you can, even with a group.
Stand inside each other and place your traps -> Pull the mob and bring it down to <50% -> After your traps trigger just put down a second one exactly over your first one. Everybody will get a second trapped animal before the mob disappears.

That's fine, but that's if everyones working together. In my example the dude pulled the mob away into his trap, so you didn't have enough time.

But you STILL got at least one. I don't know why this is hard to understand for some people.

After wiping on Normal Imperator for 2 nights my guild finally managed to get a group together that actually had people who understood the fight. We managed to one-shot Imp and went on to kill HC Butcher, HC Tectus and HC Twins all in one night. (along with killing Kargath and Brackenspore, ofcourse)

Good times, sadly it looks like tonight there'll be a couple of failers in the raid again so I probably won't show up.

On a pleasant sidenote, those HC kills gave me the required 15 HC kills for Mythic caches, which I think should be popping up again some time this week. Is there a list available of all the drops that you can get from the caches btw? So far I've seen helms, bracers, gloves, boots, rings and trinkets, are there drops for other slots as well?

ampere

bots are still running rampant in Zul'Drak/Stonecore.

The Stonecore thing is nuts, I haven't been around Zul'Drak recently.

Stonecore has over a dozen Druids outside it either entering or leaving at any given time. I can't believe there hasn't been a ban wave yet, just watching how they move and their behavior it's clearly automated.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a bunch of botting level 90 boosted Druids in Guardian spec that clear Stonecore over and over, then fly to a vendor when their bags get full. Then they fly back and do it all over again.

Is there a list available of all the drops that you can get from the caches btw? So far I've seen helms, bracers, gloves, boots, rings and trinkets, are there drops for other slots as well?

AFAIK everything from Highmaul except weapons can drop. Not 100% sure, but I have never seen or heard of a weapon dropping from a cache, and given how many people have gotten them at this point it seems likely that weapons aren't eligible.

The Stonecore thing is nuts, I haven't been around Zul'Drak recently.

Stonecore has over a dozen Druids outside it either entering or leaving at any given time. I can't believe there hasn't been a ban wave yet, just watching how they move and their behavior it's clearly automated.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a bunch of botting level 90 boosted Druids in Guardian spec that clear Stonecore over and over, then fly to a vendor when their bags get full. Then they fly back and do it all over again.

AFAIK everything from Highmaul except weapons can drop. Not 100% sure, but I have never seen or heard of a weapon dropping from a cache, and given how many people have gotten them at this point it seems likely that weapons aren't eligible.

Considering that I'm still running around with a 645 bow that's a bit disappointing, but understandable.

zaxon

That's fine, but that's if everyones working together. In my example the dude pulled the mob away into his trap, so you didn't have enough time.

But you STILL got at least one. I don't know why this is hard to understand for some people.

Not really. With how wonky the traps are, every click past the first one is not guaranteed (since you can't reposition the animal after that.) Even with lots of practice at multi-trapping, my 2nd traps still fail maybe a quarter of the time.

For that reason I always wait for the other person's trap to go off first before I drop mine, but wow these days is filled with people who don't share those scruples.

1up

Finally got 2 golds yesterday. After about a week of wipes and bad groups, we got Iron Docks down. Was really synergizing with the group so we went and did Auchidon right after and got it in about an hour and a half.

4/8 Gold so far and looking to do more. Got the tough ones ahead of me now. Everbloom, UBRS, Slagmines, and Grimrail.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Managed to get plate chest (Twin Ogron) and plate legplate (Tectus) along with plate bracers (Ko'ragh) (two of them from master loot roll and one from bonus loot). And managed to one-shot my way to 6/7 on normal.

Would've one-shot Imperator, but unfortunately, the pug fell apart since a hunter afk'd during the fight in second try and some people fucked up in handling branded and arcane add in phase 4 (And we were close to killing him too).

Regardless, I got my ilvl to 654, so I'm pretty satisfied at the least. Think it's good enough for me to be able to do normal Blackrock Foundry once it releases.

squadr0n

So I resubbed for a bit while im waiting for the new FFXIV expansion and I was wondering what server alot of Gaf people are on. Ive got a few characters on Earthern Ring but dont know anyone still on that server anymore and I was really thinking about making a new guy anyway. What server are you all on?

Karl Hawk

Banned
So I resubbed for a bit while im waiting for the new FFXIV expansion and I was wondering what server alot of Gaf people are on. Ive got a few characters on Earthern Ring but dont know anyone still on that server anymore and I was really thinking about making a new guy anyway. What server are you all on?

I'm on Saurfang (which is merged with Terokkar and Darkspear). For some reason, I like playing on low population server as I don't feel like playing on a very high or full population server (Especially if it's a PvP server).

Though there are times where I feel I wanna transfer to a server that's primarily for raiding (Maybe Twisting Nether, Kazzak or Tarren Mill? I dunno), but I prefer not leaving my current guild behind.

squadr0n

I plan on playing this as my main for awhile anyway. I had alot of fun when I was playing but everyone I knew basically had to stop or moved on to something else. Thanks for the tips though, Im thinking about starting a Horde character and I dont mind PVE/PVP. Just wondering what server to pick. Any other recommendations would help, thanks again

Top Bottom