• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

zanyu

Just dont get that "joke" was seeing it for 1 and a half hours, anyway is there a good tip for joining a group with more sucess of getting poundfist?

No idea where it originated from, but I know the first few weeks people were farming poundfist they convinced people to stay by just saying "17 more minutes and he will spawn!" It was just a random arbitrary number that someone said and it caught on.

All you can do is literally wait and pray he spawns while you are there waiting. I was in a 8 hour poundfist group on KT because he didn't spawn for like 150 hours. I just went to bed, apparently he didn't even spawn at reset. So who knows when someone got him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not understanding the backlash behind 6.1. Blizz confirmed that 6.1 and BRF are not necessarily unified. I'm reading a post right now off of MMOChamp that shows blue noting BRF's raid schedule. New content is coming in 3 weeks. Works for me.
When it comes down to it, WoD released in a state that's pretty sparse on content. Highmaul is not really a piece of content that an expansion can sit on after release, even if it's just for a few months. It's deflating to come off the leveling experience and quickly run out of things to do.

My guild only raids two nights a week and we are already at the point where we can clear out heroic Highmaul well before our first raid night of the week is even over. It's a raid instance that I personally like but it's clearly not a full-fledged raid instance. I'm not racing through the game or anything, but the content just evaporates up in the span of less than two hours on a weekly basis.

For all of Blizzard's acknowledgement of the production issues surrounding content that Siege highlighted they don't seem to have done much to really improve what's coming through the pipeline. The momentum of the expansion kind of just screeched to a halt, and 6.1 doesn't seem to be doing much to alleviate how dead the game feels outside of raids.

Maybe he meant sniping heals.

I just had this lovely conversation with a druid about me (a holy priest) sniping his heals. [The RL had just called him out for needing to 'up' his heals, even though we were one-shotting stuff.]

OefeUl2.jpg

But yeah, holy and disc is good. Disc & disc steal from each other due to weakened soul, but that's about it.

By the way, can someone please explain what sniping heals is? I still have no clue.
Sniping is when someone uses fast heals to steal healing from slower heals. As in, someone has 30k hp missing so healers put a hot on that person(to slow heal them) and then another healer casts a flash heal. In this case the flash heal "snipes" the healing, and makes the slow hot heals overheal.

Yeah I felt pretty useless as a resto shaman in one of my high maul raids. Druid and Disc priest were so overgeared that my HPS was pretty much non existent. Between power word shields and rejuvs I didn't have to do much more than drop healing stream totem and riptide. I usually go for efficiency instead of throughput though, so I never really have been about HPS, more about reading into overhealing.

Source

I guess your Veteran account needed to be somewhat active in order for you to be eligible for the gift. My first account was created on 11/24/2004, I believe it has been active every year in some form or another, with this new year being the exception. Yet I've received no email (yes, I checked the correct email, the one that corresponds with the account) about the gift.

frown.gif

cdyhybrid

I created my account on Day 1 of Vanilla.

Was in the alpha stress test, the beta, etc.

But I quit for good amounts of time multiple times because real life was more important.

On a different note, should I offspec Holy or Prot?

Leaning towards Holy because I mostly PUG, and it's a lot easier to get into a PUG as a healer than a tank or DPS.

Rokam

I guess your Veteran account needed to be somewhat active in order for you to be eligible for the gift. My first account was created on 11/24/2004, I believe it has been active every year in some form or another, with this new year being the exception. Yet I've received no email (yes, I checked the correct email, the one that corresponds with the account) about the gift.

frown.gif

Pretty sure Blizzard hasn't sent emails yet, UPS did if you are signed up with their notification service. Blizzard actually took down their post from earlier. But yeah chances are you had to have a pretty active account or that'd be a lot of shit to send out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
But the new raid comes in 3 weeks.

Would people have been happier if they were released together? I really don't understand.

That's exactly what would make me happier. I'm done with highmaul and I was going at a snails pace. Now I'm just waiting around farming it because there's the least amount of endgame in this expansion ever.

zanyu

That's exactly what would make me happier. I'm done with highmaul and I was going at a snails pace. Now I'm just waiting around farming it because there's the least amount of endgame in this expansion ever.

Unless it's farming mythic highmaul, I think the amount of time between the raids is pretty much at a sweet spot.

Honestly I wish Blizzard would do what they did with ICC and every week give an increasing buff to make mythic more accessible. Which then would make a point to do mythic highmaul in conjunction of heroic blackrock foundry.

I'm at a point where I am just bored because I'm 7/7 heroic and can't really move forward in mythic. Normal BRF will be pointless cause it's 665 gear, so have to move straight onto heroic BRF for actual upgrades.

vocab

Unless it's farming mythic highmaul, I think the amount of time between the raids is pretty much at a sweet spot.

Honestly I wish Blizzard would do what they did with ICC and every week give an increasing buff to make mythic more accessible. Which then would make a point to do mythic highmaul in conjunction of heroic blackrock foundry.

I'm at a point where I am just bored because I'm 7/7 heroic and can't really move forward in mythic. Normal BRF will be pointless cause it's 665 gear, so have to move straight onto heroic BRF for actual upgrades.
Normal would be pointless if it didn't have tier.

Firelands all done. Just got the Ragnaros mount after deciding I'd start farming that place on 25m heroic. Kind of silly that last week I did 25m Heroic solo for the first time and while I got close to dying a few times I made it through without a death while this time the stuns were worse than last time on Shannox and the spider boss and I ended dying due to stun locks. I looked in the dungeon journal, understood the mechanics a little better, and then got both kills. Baerlon or whatever the dude is before Majordomo also got me really low.

Anyhow, good gold earned for running the place and selling all the loot but not sure if I'll bother doing it more now that I have the meta and the Ragnaros mount. It's a real shame I couldn't trade it for Invincible or Mimiron's Head since those two raids are my least favorite weekly raids.

And that's mount 245.

Ugh what I was hoping to be progression on Mythic Twin Ogron and maybe Brackenspore ended up being 3 hours on Mythic Kar'gath before we finally downed him. So much drama and people dying to stupid shit (mainly the cat). Won the off hand with a bonus roll and a warforged ring from him. Already have everything I can use from him in mythic. Going back in Monday but I'm not looking forward to it.

M.D

I wish I had ANY idea what to do in places like Ashran or random battlegrounds

It seems people mostly stand somewhere and fight, then some people yell about doing objectives that I have no idea what to do about.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You're farming mythic? Take me with you~

There's a point where doing the same raid over and over and over again isn't a goal. Mythic isn't something that people can point at and say "you still have stuff to do" some people are alright with just clearing Heroic. Besides the fact that if you don't count Highmaul, the endgame is absolutely abysmal, and 6.1 doesn't seem to be remedying that at all.

It's kind of stupid at this point that we get 1 raid with 3 difficulties, instead of 3 raids with 1 difficulty, and people think it's content.

dimb

There's a point where doing the same raid over and over and over again isn't a goal. Mythic isn't something that people can point at and say "you still have stuff to do" some people are alright with just clearing Heroic. Besides the fact that if you don't count Highmaul, the endgame is absolutely abysmal, and 6.1 doesn't seem to be remedying that at all.

It's kind of stupid at this point that we get 1 raid with 3 difficulties, instead of 3 raids with 1 difficulty, and people think it's content.
Basically. Difficulty levels are not steps that all need to be taken in order for players to reach new content. Given the player count requirements on Mythic there shouldn't really be an expectation for players to graduate from Heroic to Mythic.

Lanrutcon

Highmaul is fun and all, but it's pretty basic and not exactly ground breaking. I definitely wouldn't even put it in my top 5 raid raids of all time. It needs pets, mounts, a greater variety of item visuals and a whole lot less RNG in boss fights. Add in some rare spawns or interesting fun cheevos. I mean, there's a dude in there that steals everyone's clothes (not actually de-equipping items, just visually). I thought to myself 'Whoa! there HAS to be an achievement for popping a boss with a raid full of naked people!'...and there isn't.

I hope Foundry is more fleshed out.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

It seems people mostly stand somewhere and fight, then some people yell about doing objectives that I have no idea what to do about.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pvp/battlegrounds

And for Ashran:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2823/comprehensive-ashran-guide

Generally you want to stick with the group and do your best to help the group out by playing your class role. You'll start to understand the point of each map as you get more familiar with them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Highmaul is fun and all, but it's pretty basic and not exactly ground breaking. I definitely wouldn't even put it in my top 5 raid raids of all time. It needs pets, mounts, a greater variety of item visuals and a whole lot less RNG in boss fights. Add in some rare spawns or interesting fun cheevos. I mean, there's a dude in there that steals everyone's clothes (not actually de-equipping items, just visually). I thought to myself 'Whoa! there HAS to be an achievement for popping a boss with a raid full of naked people!'...and there isn't.

I hope Foundry is more fleshed out.

Calling Kargath and Butcher "Bosses" is being pretty generous as well I think. Twin Ogron is also pretty simple, although it's not a straight tank & spank.

Calling Kargath and Butcher "Bosses" is being pretty generous as well I think. Twin Ogron is also pretty simple, although it's not a straight tank & spank.

The issue I mostly have with Highmaul is outside of Imperator and to a lesser extent Tectus, there's really no phases to any of the bosses. Every other boss is the exact same from the start to end other than Brackenspore and Butcher having soft enrages. Liked Imperator more than any other boss in there because the fight progresses as it goes on where all the others are basically the same from start to finish.

dimb

On Mythic Kargath I pretty much just zone out for most of the fight and do hardly any damage. Then when I go up into the stands I just blow everything and top the meter off that one Bladestorm. It will probably stop being funny after another go or two.

TheYanger

Eh, I think the highmaul bosses are fine. Kargath actually has a lot of cool mechanics, it's just VERY easy so you don't have to care about any of them. The whole roar of the crowd thing is kind of wasted on that fight on mythic. That guy is on an extremely short list of bosses I have literally never wiped to.

Butcher is tank and spank with some other mechanics, I don't see a problem there, I legitimately think every tier needs a fight like that that purely stresses your output. It's fun, it gives you a good yardstick, and it tends to be the kind of boss that is VERY hard early on and then becomes easy (See: everyone that killed butcher a month ago and it was by far the hardest boss there besides Margok, vs now he's very very easily the 5th boss people go for, soon to be even less most likely).

Koragh has phases of sorts, Tectus has phases, Margok has phases, even Butcher has two sort of phases (You do have to treat post-enrage slightly differently). Twins has a smooth rotation of abilities, but they do line up differently every 'set' around the bend, which mighta s well be phases (You should be handling almost every single set of abilities differently than the previous time because of it, even if they're 'the same' abilities).

If anything, I'm thankful that the fights are relatively short. Margok is overlong and I've only killed it twice at this point, the only other boss over 5 minutes is Brackenspore and he'll be down there soon, thank god.

Like, people here in this very thread are complaining that people want you to overgear something before pugging it (Because pugging it might as well be -20 ilevels to the raid as far as being able to actually kill a boss, for what it's worth, I agree with being picky when you're setting a run up), but you guys are talking about the MSV of this expansion, MSV had like the hardest first boss of any expansion yet and tons of shit guilds and pugs couldn't do Stone Guard initially, this is lightyears better. Stone Guard was more interesting than Kargath sure, but it was also a REALLY REALLY steep difficulty spike for the first boss.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I feel like I'm in a black hole of dumb that I'll never escape.

My raid killed H-Imp last week, but couldn't kill it this week. People are still hitting traps or getting killed by mark of chaos or fucking up the mechanics repeatedly.

I've never hit a trap and I've never been in range of a tank with mark of chaos, but there are a few people in the guild that fail those mechanics a few times a night, and they're not being sat out or anything.

I would like to start looking for a better guild, but I'm also not doing amazing DPS or anything anymore. I don't think Warlocks are in high demand.

Game is starting to suck a lot.

Get those Savage Blood ready, crafted gear can go to stage 4 in 6.1.

680 for armor and 670 for weapons.

I stocked up on some additional Bloods, though honestly one barn already delivers a pretty steady supply of the stuff. Still, I'm wearing crafted shoulders and the engineering helm so I might as well buy them while they're still cheap. (750g a piece now)

TheYanger

I feel like I'm in a black hole of dumb that I'll never escape.

My raid killed H-Imp last week, but couldn't kill it this week. People are still hitting traps or getting killed by mark of chaos or fucking up the mechanics repeatedly.

I've never hit a trap and I've never been in range of a tank with mark of chaos, but there are a few people in the guild that fail those mechanics a few times a night, and they're not being sat out or anything.

I would like to start looking for a better guild, but I'm also not doing amazing DPS or anything anymore. I don't think Warlocks are in high demand.

Game is starting to suck a lot.

If both of those statements about traps and marks are true, you can absolutely find a better guild, trust.

I really like that you can use the group finder for anything. It's great

Looked for a group to help me on my invasion quest and got gold quite easily. Was only really aiming for silver

ampere

Like, people here in this very thread are complaining that people want you to overgear something before pugging it (Because pugging it might as well be -20 ilevels to the raid as far as being able to actually kill a boss, for what it's worth, I agree with being picky when you're setting a run up), but you guys are talking about the MSV of this expansion, MSV had like the hardest first boss of any expansion yet and tons of shit guilds and pugs couldn't do Stone Guard initially, this is lightyears better. Stone Guard was more interesting than Kargath sure, but it was also a REALLY REALLY steep difficulty spike for the first boss.

Just to add there is also an easier organized difficulty available this time around. I agree MoP Normal Stone Guard was too hard for an expansion entry boss.

I was feeling so down about our progression lately, we struggled so much on Mythic Brackenspore, but finally got him down last night. Was using Yanger's clean Tectus kill video as a plan for that fight, and we actually got down to just 2 motes left on our last attempt of the night, so that was pretty decent progress. Seems like Tectus becomes not too bad when your gear level is higher. We'll probably go to Butcher next since he's likely easier than Ko'ragh at our ilevel.

TheYanger

Yeah Butcher 5th has become standard. Koragh is quite easy too as long as you've got a plan for it though. Gear truly does trivialize things.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Christ, is Ashran really as bad as everyone says?
Yes.

If the team's sticking together, find your team and do your role. If everyone's fighting individually and not paying attention to objectives, go do those, since you're not going to be stopped until a few things are capped. Even if you're a DPS, you probably have some CC/healing/buffs you can throw out while you're running by your "teammates". Maybe that will give them the idea that they're on a team. I've pied-pipered a whole group before by simply running around giving everyone blessing of kings, etc. to the point where they actually noticed me and realized that I wasn't a bot or something.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
What? Noo, i just replaced my Barn by a Inn. :( Guess I will go back to the Barn.

man I would NEVER delete my barns... an almost guaranteed minimum of 2K per day per barn for bloods. I've even gotten 3 and (I think) 4 bloods on some days.

am going to delete my barracks for a war mill though. Problem being is I have to prune my followers down.. shouldn't be a big deal with master plan... just have to do the math.

Master Plan tells you all of your unused followers for the notable (rare) quests.. just need to figure that out, make sure I have my workers, and then slowly try to figure out how to get 100% on those last two BRF missions (92% and 85% respectively).

Atlantis

So..no kill :(

Various lag issues for raiders last night. Very frustrating to hear or see "lagging" in vent or chat then see a mine go off immediately after. Wipes to stupid things like Tank DBM timers not working is just the worst. Raid seems to think healing is the issue, but there's not much you can do when mines detonate and you have Mages tanking Force Nova, ect. We had an attempt where I entered Phase 4 at half mana and I thought that was our kill, but the DPS ignored adds.

On the bright side, we are entering Phase 4 regularly, just have to get over that last hurdle. I gave a few suggestions to the Discipline Priest and the difference was immediate and significant, made things a lot easier.

I'm hoping we kill him our next raid day, but it's definitely a huge morale shot to be wiping so much on a boss that can be pugged. It'd probably be an easy kill if we trimmed the raid and just went at it with 10, but that'd ruffle some feathers for sure.

idlewild_

I'm hoping we kill him our next raid day, but it's definitely a huge morale shot to be wiping so much on a boss that can be pugged. It'd probably be an easy kill if we trimmed the raid and just went at it with 10, but that'd ruffle some feathers for sure.

The scaling factors on imp are such that you might have an easier time by just pugging in an extra 5 healers and brute forcing the fight instead of dropping down to 10 competent people. That's what pugs were doing recently, going in with like 12 healers and killing the boss in 15 minutes.

Top Bottom