• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Yeah I just pugged H Bracken and had the shoulderpads for my druid finally drop. I was the highest HPS healer in that group including their guilds heals.

It appeared I was the only one to roll on the shoulder pads so I got pretty excited. Raid lead did a count down and.... gave the loot to a guild member. I questioned him and asked why my roll didn't count.

He stated that guildies get loot preference over pugs, and they used his losing roll of 88 on the other item to carry over to the shoulders as well, but thanks for the help. Shit was infuriating. Only joining groups with personal loot now.

Damn, that sucks. They didn't even warn you when you were coming in? Damn ._. I feel for you, man.

---
On a side note, I got sylvanas music box, and I love it. I play it every opportunity I get. I like that it changes everyone elses music too :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah I just pugged H Bracken and had the shoulderpads for my druid finally drop. I was the highest HPS healer in that group including their guilds heals.

It appeared I was the only one to roll on the shoulder pads so I got pretty excited. Raid lead did a count down and.... gave the loot to a guild member. I questioned him and asked why my roll didn't count.

He stated that guildies get loot preference over pugs, and they used his losing roll of 88 on the other item to carry over to the shoulders as well, but thanks for the help. Shit was infuriating. Only joining groups with personal loot now.

Always always make sure they type out, in chat, what the loot rules are BEFORE you join a raid.

If they break what they say, you can put in a ticket and 9 times out of 10 blizzard will take care of it.

zanyu

There's a point where doing the same raid over and over and over again isn't a goal. Mythic isn't something that people can point at and say "you still have stuff to do" some people are alright with just clearing Heroic. Besides the fact that if you don't count Highmaul, the endgame is absolutely abysmal, and 6.1 doesn't seem to be remedying that at all.

It's kind of stupid at this point that we get 1 raid with 3 difficulties, instead of 3 raids with 1 difficulty, and people think it's content.

I think that's fair to say. At the same time, raiding and pvp is really the only endgame ever offered. And ever since Wotlk raiding has had different difficulties. Once you were able to do one difficulty you moved on to the next as for your next step of endgame.

Arena/RBGs is constantly ongoing unless you're at a comfortable rating and just sitting on gladiator. I'm not even sure if that's really possible since all battlegroups are combined now.

If you feel like you are "finished" with the game just clearing heroic highmaul, the only thing to really do PVE wise is maybe try out challenge modes and go for gold.

As far as the intro to an expansion I do agree there seems to be a lack of raids. Every expansion had multiple choices, BC we had mag's lair, gruul, and kara. Wotlk we had naxx, sarth and malygos.

One-shots 6/7 Heroic tonight, 5 Imp attempts with our last one at 23%.

Feh.

He's not even very difficult, but you get 8-9 minutes into the fight and then one little screw-up wipes you. It's even worse because we don't have a full raid team yet so we have to bring in a few PuG people, and we inevitably have to deal with the churn of people either not having the required output (or blowing mines), or people ditching for whatever reason. It ends up adding 5 minutes or so to each attmempt since we have to find the right person, get them into Mumble, summon, buff, etc.

Oh well. Three hours tomorrow night to bring him down.

Atlantis

One-shots 6/7 Heroic tonight, 5 Imp attempts with our last one at 23%.

Feh.

He's not even very difficult, but you get 8-9 minutes into the fight and then one little screw-up wipes you. It's even worse because we don't have a full raid team yet so we have to bring in a few PuG people, and we inevitably have to deal with the churn of people either not having the required output (or blowing mines), or people ditching for whatever reason. It ends up adding 5 minutes or so to each attmempt since we have to find the right person, get them into Mumble, summon, buff, etc.

Oh well. Three hours tomorrow night to bring him down.

I gotta say, it's comforting to know other people are in the same situation as myself. :p

I gotta say, it's comforting to know other people are in the same situation as myself. :p
Yeah, it's super frustrating. Recruitment is slow as molasses since I guess most people are either in a guild already, are content to use the Group Finder to PuG bosses throughout the week, or can't do our raid times.

Still, tonight was our first night on Heroic Imp, so I'm confident we can get him. After that I guess we're just going to farm Heroic until we get a team big enough for Mythic, which, judging by how slowly it's going now, might take us until late February. =/

Another problem is that not having a full raid team ready to go can be off-putting to potential recruits, so we end up in a catch-22 situation.

We've also had issues getting enough people for Mythic but we're only 1-2 short. Also after getting our first heroic Imperator kill last week, we one shot it this week. Once people see how phase 4 is supposed to go it becomes a lot easier for them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My stage 3 crafted weapon is 660, instead of being 655 as the tooltip of the upgrade item said.

zcxMRr6.png

Not that I'm complaining, but it found this odd. Is there a small chance of getting a higher ilvl?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They probably just realized that 655 is way too low for the investment you have to make for them.

iirate

My stage 3 crafted weapon is 660, instead of being 655 as the tooltip of the upgrade item said.

zcxMRr6.png

Not that I'm complaining, but it found this odd. Is there a small chance of getting a higher ilvl?

They bumped the ilevel of the crafted gear pretty early on. The tooltips still haven't been updated.

Mupod

Last week I outrolled like 12 people on the caster trinket from heroic Imperator. I just got the mythic one (plus speed) out of my follower mission. I mean, I'm not killing mythic imperator anytime soon so that's awesome, but kind of sucks that the old one is just getting DE'd.

DarkJC

Yeah, similarly I've bonus rolled the Imperator staff twice. Wish I could trade the 2nd one to a guildmate rather than just DEing it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So I was doing the Yrel's garrison campaign missions and the framerates went incredibly low when I walked around the Temple of Karabor for the final quest, then I saw this, and I understood why :

So many npcs to load at once.

So does anyone have a pro-tip on how to obtain the Flag of Ownership without spending $100 on eBay?

I really want the item, but it seems that it's not trade-able in game for gold.

I've been trying my hand at the Gladiator's Coliseum to get the Warlord's Flag of Victory but that isn't going well at all.

Babalu.

So does anyone have a pro-tip on how to obtain the Flag of Ownership without spending $100 on eBay?

I've been trying my hand at the Gladiator's Coliseum to get the Warlord's Flag of Victory but that isn't going well at all.

I wanted that so bad as well but didnt want to pay real money for it. I went and won the colliseum so I got the warlords flag of victory and its amazing. Its a little big and wierd looking but it does the job.

But I also got another flag that you throw on dead pvp enemies which i use more which is nice. I dont remember where I got it but its a toy and it has a little alliance logo on it. I use that way more. Go look it up and it should suit your purpose.

I dont remember where i Got it it but its in the toybox. alliance flag or something. Its perfect for those who cant win colliseum or dont want to pay for flag of ownership.

M.D

what are the chances blizzard gives me a free race change if i beg really hard and promise to renew my subscription before it expires

i'm leveling my 90 hunter and i regret my panda choice... and the fact i called him WindPanda X_X

strafer

what are the chances blizzard gives me a free race change if i beg really hard and promise to renew my subscription before it expires

i'm leveling my 90 hunter and i regret my panda choice... and the fact i called him WindPanda X_X

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ask and find out! You never know!

Savitar

Hahahahahahaha.

Ha......hehehehehehehehehehehehheehheheheh

BWhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Snort

Wheeze.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAAH

Gladiator coliseum is just about the stupidest thing I've seen so far in WoD. No semblance of balance at all. So yay DK's and Disco priests. On top of that it's boring as shit

Not sure it's even worth the 500 conquest for the quest

Mordeccai

Damn, that sucks. They didn't even warn you when you were coming in? Damn ._. I feel for you, man.

Yeah no warning or anything but I will admit, it's my fault for being willing to roll with ML. Should have expected something like that when 12/15 raid members were of the same guild.

Always always make sure they type out, in chat, what the loot rules are BEFORE you join a raid.

If they break what they say, you can put in a ticket and 9 times out of 10 blizzard will take care of it.

Yeah I will be doing this from now on, on the off chance the groups I join aren't personal loot. But I was also under the impression that Blizz was done messing around with group loot drama? I could have sworn I read somewhere that they will not interfere with loot distribution anymore.

zanyu

You can definitely get one for gold from players or BMAH. But trust me they are easily 100k+

People want to match the gold value of what it costs RL money. So if it's $100 on ebay expect to drop 200k minimum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15523382261?page=1

That thread itself has some trustworthy sellers who buy and resell. Don't expect to get a deal, these guys are here to make gold, so haggling down the price will only save you a few thousand.

You can definitely get one for gold from players or BMAH. But trust me they are easily 100k+

People want to match the gold value of what it costs RL money. So if it's $100 on ebay expect to drop 200k minimum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15523382261?page=1

That thread itself has some trustworthy sellers who buy and resell. Don't expect to get a deal, these guys are here to make gold, so haggling down the price will only save you a few thousand.

I have posted on that thread more than a few times haha. Is there any easy way to check BMAH? That is super obnoxious to do as it's so out of the way of the garrisons.

ZenaxPure

Nerfing scavenger eh, too bad I am already at the resource cap blizzard mwahahaha.

Really though I've just sitting there a while because I don't have a trading post right now. Been using them on my seals and bunker but thats it.

M.D

Do the dungeons in WoD provide good exp or have any quests? i've never done them while leveling my druid, but I would like to use them to level my huntet faster if possibe
I wonder is there quest chain in frostfire ridge that you can do instead of shadowoon valley?

Also, anyone has a link explaining the new stuff as far as profeasins go? I never bothered checking but I alwayd see crafted gear or ilvl boosters to crafted gear

My hunter is boosted with 600 enchanting and engineering so it would be great if I could at least make some money with these

Karl Hawk

Banned
About damn time:
jYija9ortAuXE.png

Amusingly enough, we had a wipe on 0.5% which made me and the raid group go like ''God dammit!!!''. Then we killed that motherfucker. :D

Didn't get any loot, but whatever. What matters is that I won't get bogged down by heroic pugs asking for ''Ahead of The Curve'' for now :)

I'm now officially 7/7 normal and 7/7 heroic on Highmaul. I could do Mythic if I want to do it, but eh, I'm on Saurfang and I don't think I'll have enough commitment to finish Mythic.

On another note, are there servers that are tailored towards raiding?

Top Bottom