• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TheYanger

About damn time:
jYija9ortAuXE.png

Amusingly enough, we had a wipe on 0.5% which made me and the raid group go like ''God dammit!!!''. Then we killed that motherfucker. :D

Didn't get any loot, but whatever. What matters is that I won't get bogged down by heroic pugs asking for ''Ahead of The Curve'' for now :)

I'm now officially 7/7 normal and 7/7 heroic on Highmaul. I could do Mythic if I want to do it, but eh, I'm on Saurfang and I don't think I'll have enough commitment to finish Mythic.

On another note, are there servers that are tailored towards raiding?

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
The first dozen or so are preposterously ahead of the lower ones, and at least the first ~20 have at least a few guilds to choose from.

Alex

About damn time:
jYija9ortAuXE.png

Amusingly enough, we had a wipe on 0.5% which made me and the raid group go like ''God dammit!!!''. Then we killed that motherfucker. :D

Didn't get any loot, but whatever. What matters is that I won't get bogged down by heroic pugs asking for ''Ahead of The Curve'' for now :)

I'm now officially 7/7 normal and 7/7 heroic on Highmaul. I could do Mythic if I want to do it, but eh, I'm on Saurfang and I don't think I'll have enough commitment to finish Mythic.

On another note, are there servers that are tailored towards raiding?

I finished that last night too, could have went much faster if it weren't for the fact that I'm in a semi casual guild and we have to completely carry several people over the finish line. My dream is to one day find a guild with fairly casual ethics and playtimes but with people who take a little bit of pride in their play. I don't need people who are perfect (because I'm trying to dodge the attitudes that come with it) but man... we have a TEN THOUSAND average DPS gap between our higher players and lower players.

Karl Hawk

Banned
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
The first dozen or so are preposterously ahead of the lower ones, and at least the first ~20 have at least a few guilds to choose from.

Hmm, I've heard some bad stuff about Kazzak server from my fellow guildies. Is it really that bad? And considering some of servers in the top list are PvP, am I expecting PvP ganking where ever I go?

And looking at the rankings for EU English servers, I think maybe Kazzak, Ragnaros or Burning Legion are good options to consider.

cdyhybrid

Hmm, I've heard some bad stuff about Kazzak server from my fellow guildies. Is it really that bad? And considering some of servers in the top list are PvP, am I expecting PvP ganking where ever I go?

And looking at the rankings for EU English servers, I think maybe Kazzak, Ragnaros or Burning Legion are good options to consider.

I'm on Stormreaver, so it might be different elsewhere, but the top servers are usually so one-sided that you'll rarely see world PVP because one faction is significantly outnumbered.

TheYanger

There are good pve servers too. That said, look at the faction ratios as well. Ganking is defniitely more of a thing while levelling than at max level on MOST pvp servers.
Example, I'm on Mal'ganis. It's 1:0.01 horde:ally ratio. I have literally seen ONE level 100 alliance player since the expansion came out.

While levelling you're cross-realmed so there's just flat out more people no matter what, but A) dungeons solve that. B) Most of the time it's really easy to avoid.

That said, I mean I don't like pvp servers a lot myself and I can understand wanting to play on a pve one, there ARE an option or two per faction that make sense. But pvp is hardly a major detriment on top servers usually.

JSoup

Banned
Is there one of the quest check macros handy that can show which garrison quests I've completed? I'm having that issue on my Alliance toon some people are having where the weekly story quests aren't opening up, so I probably dropped off of one without thinking about it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is there one of the quest check macros handy that can show which garrison quests I've completed? I'm having that issue on my Alliance toon some people are having where the weekly story quests aren't opening up, so I probably dropped off of one without thinking about it.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9491/the-garrison-campaign

The entire thing hasn't been released yet, and some people seem to be 1 quest ahead of me, but there you go.

Mordeccai

Dammit. I just went into Dragon Soul for my weekly gold farm and accidentally killed the first boss while it was on 10 man mode. I knew that guy dropped way too fast even for old content.

Dont think it's even worth the 45 minutes it takes to clear the rest honestly. Oh well at least the lock resets in a few days.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Thanks.
Looks like I got side tracked and didn't finish one chain near it's end.

As far as I know they said something about having to complete the bonus objective thats similar to the daily mission while you're in the area for the next campaign mission to unlock as well.

Seems a little silly to me since it's "optional" but it may be a bug.

Mordeccai

Anyone know if the new haste changes are live? Wondering if I should switch my multistrike enchants and gems on my Frost DK over to haste. Icy talons tooltip still says 5% increased haste from all sources and not 20% like the notes said.

Anyone know if the new haste changes are live? Wondering if I should switch my multistrike enchants and gems on my Frost DK over to haste. Icy talons tooltip still says 5% increased haste from all sources and not 20% like the notes said.

Yeah. It says it gives you the same amount but you actually get more.

Mordeccai

Oh wow, I re-rolled the stats on my crafted items and switched up my gems and enchants. Gained 11% more haste lol. What an absurd gain!

Any tips for transitioning from the second intermission on H Imp to P4?

We can get through the intermission itself without much trouble, but it seems like after that, we're out of tricks and everything falls apart.

We're more than half-PuG which is a problem in itself, but here are our logs.

I think our biggest problem is that we have people blowing mines early in the fight, or screwing up some other mechanic that results in dead DPS, or healers having to use CDs when they'd otherwise save them.

Mordeccai

11%? Seriously? That's bonkers.

Ayup, my jaw kept dropping lower and lower as I was switching out pieces. Granted, my previous gear wasn't very optimal. I was ilvl 650 with only about 24% haste, and my neck, belt, and pants were all on mastery/multi completely foregoing the haste (mostly cuz it was the first roll on each piece and I didnt want to spend the resources to roll them out). I switched them all to haste/multi and damn it shot up.

Then I replaced neck, cloak, and ring enchants with the highest haste ones and it shot up even more, threw in two +50 haste gems and got another percent and change.

Andddd on the high of seeing the number fly up I splurged on some savage bloods to make two upgrade tokens for the necklace(I had a LOT of JC mats saved up...), resulting in a grand total of 12.4% more haste and 3 ilvls :lol. All for 30 minutes of work.

Gonna take the DK into Highmaul tomorrow and see how the dps has been tweaked. Fingers crossed for hitting 25k sustained deeps but I'm not optimistic, as before I was only sitting on 22k. Really need to get rid of my 630 trinkets.

zanyu

We can get through the intermission itself without much trouble, but it seems like after that, we're out of tricks and everything falls apart.

I think our biggest problem is that we have people blowing mines early in the fight, or screwing up some other mechanic that results in dead DPS, or healers having to use CDs when they'd otherwise save them.

For a heroic imperator fight the DPS seems to be on the slow side. Also a ret paladin shouldn't be topping the meters especially cause of how many adds there are on phase 4.

Healing wise it looks fine since all 3 healers are 30k hps.

I looked at death from what, the ret paladin died to mark of chaos, either the transition of taunting off didn't go smooth, or the ret paladin was slow to react and stood next to tank.

I think what's happening from this log is that there is just too much damage being taken and not enough damage being done. So the DPS isn't being kept up with the pace of mana. You can technically "cheese" this fight by stacking healers and "good" DPS because they can heal through the reaver and warmages damage while dps handle them and it's supposed to allow larger margin of errors supposedly. I think a full 30 raid it consisted 13 healers, 3 tanks, 14 dps. I haven't done it but that's what people have said to make this an "easy" fight.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any tips for transitioning from the second intermission on H Imp to P4

Raid wide the damage your group is doing is just way too low. It's probably not so much the transition itself that's the problem, it's that you're doing it as the fight should be over.

For a heroic imperator fight the DPS seems to be on the slow side. Also a ret paladin shouldn't be topping the meters especially cause of how many adds there are on phase 4.

Healing wise it looks fine since all 3 healers are 30k hps.

I looked at death from what, the ret paladin died to mark of chaos, either the transition of taunting off didn't go smooth, or the ret paladin was slow to react and stood next to tank.

I think what's happening from this log is that there is just too much damage being taken and not enough damage being done. So the DPS isn't being kept up with the pace of mana. You can technically "cheese" this fight by stacking healers and "good" DPS because they can heal through the reaver and warmages damage while dps handle them and it's supposed to allow larger margin of errors supposedly. I think a full 30 raid it consisted 13 healers, 3 tanks, 14 dps. I haven't done it but that's what people have said to make this an "easy" fight.

Raid wide the damage your group is doing is just way too low. It's probably not so much the transition itself that's the problem, it's that you're doing it as the fight should be over.
Thanks. Any ballpark estimates of where DPS should be at? I do agree that it's troublesome that our Heroic DPS seems just barely higher than the DPS on our Normal kills.

Dps in your group is pretty damn low. Here's the log of our kill this week. Everyone should be pulling at least 20k. If you have anyone dead at the end of the 2nd transition it extends the fight so much longer.

dimb

Thanks. Any ballpark estimates of where DPS should be at? I do agree that it's troublesome that our Heroic DPS seems just barely higher than the DPS on our Normal kills.
Not sure what the desired average is. 20k should be on the low end I would say, but you'll probably need some people well above that to help carry things along. If you want another point of reference here's my groups logs from our last kill.

Not sure what the desired average is. 20k should be on the low end I would say, but you'll probably need some people well above that to help carry things along. If you want another point of reference here's my groups logs from our last kill.

Dps in your group is pretty damn low. Here's the log of our kill this week. Everyone should be pulling at least 20k. If you have anyone dead at the end of the 2nd transition it extends the fight so much longer.
Thanks for those. One last thing: for the Volatile Anomalies, are your groups AoEing them down quickly, or trying to stagger them out? I'm assuming the damage from them dying all at once would be too high, but I can also see some well-coordinated healing cooldowns making that manageable.

Thanks for those. One last thing: for the Volatile Anomalies, are your groups AoEing them down quickly, or trying to stagger them out? I'm assuming the damage from them dying all at once would be too high, but I can also see some well-coordinated healing cooldowns making that manageable.

We have one dps helping kill them using single target until the first Mage is dead (we don't kill the second Mage in the second transition though). When we kill the rest at once, we have everyone stack, our Disc Priest pops Barrier and our Holy Pally uses Devotion Aura.

dimb

We just assign one person to DPS them down single target while other people do other things. There might be clean ways to just AOE them down all at once but it didn't seem worth the effort.

strafer

Someone got really angry in LFR today and told me they hoped I get raped.

Holy hell lol.

lmXAnV1.jpg

LFR, after a boss where no one wiped, no one even died O_O.

[I q as healer/dps and usually just dps if I noticed we don't need so many heals. Pulling 20k dps > 30k hps if everyone's health bar is full... right?]

Like damn, wat? Didn't even speak the whole time, much less him. Some people need chill pills ^___^;

I hope you reported him.

cause rape jokes should be a bannable offense...

Lol, I reported his language. I'm not even sure he was joking, I think he was really angry because right before the last boss was pulled, I noticed him in raid telling me to change my spec.. as we pull :x

But damn, he was so mad. I did feel sorta bad for not healing, but that reaction in LFR was pretty lolworthy.

He's probably angry because he was doing 11k hps as a holy priest on Brackenspore loooool.
Yeah, some people get really upset in LFR. Let's see... I can run Holy and twiddle my thumbs to make you feel better, or I can do 27k DPS and help you kill this dude to get you loot faster... hmmmmmm

It can definitely become problematic if your entire set of queued healers tries to run as DPS, but if I see the other four healers are healing, I switch to Ret without a second thought.

Atlantis

We have one dps helping kill them using single target until the first Mage is dead (we don't kill the second Mage in the second transition though).

This is what our raid group is doing, does everyone else do it this way?

Going off of this page, our raid seems to be doing everything right. Our HPS averages lower than 30k, but we also have four healers instead of three. I also realized that our Holy Priest with the mana issues doesn't have Spirit on most slots, so that's an easy explanation. One of our guildies gifted her a weapon enchant so she'll have that over last raid.

Lack of enchants is an issue I never even expected, I think our guild leader is the same way. Can't assume anything I suppose.

The mention of Devotion Aura makes me want a Holy Paladin even more, I feel like our raid is incomplete without one. Our guild leader told me he is in talks with one, so here's hoping. Our raid is tonight, hopefully we clean up Phase 4 and finally kill this dude.

The funniest thing about Gladiator Colosseum is for reason it doesn't count as pvp combat so your pvp gear is shit here. 15/25 people facing off against each other in an arena is some how a pve event

I'm a glutton for punishment :(

I will acquire that bag of loot though!

Nothing personal but it's still a dick move, queueing as a healer and running in DPS, it doesn't matter how good your DPS is. You're not a special case and if everyone thought the way you do then LFR would be an even bigger mess than it already is.

God damn at that guy's response though, that's fucked. Report his ass of you haven't already, the game needs fewer of that particular flavour of moron.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What ilvl do you guys think normal groups will require for BRF? I am sitting at 651 right now on two characters.

Just started doing normal HM yesterday for the first time. It's the first time I have raided since Black Temple. PUGs have been pretty painful. I'd like to get started with BRF when it opens rather then being a few weeks behind.

Mordeccai

What ilvl do you guys think normal groups will require for BRF? I am sitting at 651 right now on two characters.

Just started doing normal HM yesterday for the first time. It's the first time I have raided since Black Temple. PUGs have been pretty painful. I'd like to get started with BRF when it opens rather then being a few weeks behind.

You'll need 635 to que up for it, so I'm guessing the strict pugs will ask for 650 to get in to Normal. I could see 645 being the 'baseline' for getting in though.

Tarazet

Oh, god, finally got all those fishing achievements done.
Build my new fishing shack faster, peons.

It's worth it. I spent a couple hours fishing in the garrison waters yesterday. I got 5 of the little minnows and one of them dropped the Sea Turtle mount that I've been missing for 5 years. Plus, I have more Awesomefish than I'll ever be able to throw.

Assuming a trend parallel to Highmaul PUGs, the earliest groups will ask for 650, and within a month the requirement will evolve to 670 or higher for normal, 680 for heroic.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
My stage 3 crafted weapon is 660, instead of being 655 as the tooltip of the upgrade item said.

zcxMRr6.png

Not that I'm complaining, but it found this odd. Is there a small chance of getting a higher ilvl?

I believe the stage 3 tooltips are all wrong.. but tooltips can only be updated with a new client.

armor/items say 665 but are 670. weapons say 655 but are 660. stage 4 will be 680 and 670 respectively.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Assuming a trend parallel to Highmaul PUGs, the earliest groups will ask for 650, and within a month the requirement will evolve to 670 or higher for normal, 680 for heroic.

To make the trend even further, within a few weeks or a month, heroic PuGs for BRF will ask you to have ''Ahead of the Curve'' for BRF or you won't get invited. :p

Draxal

Nothing personal but it's still a dick move, queueing as a healer and running in DPS, it doesn't matter how good your DPS is. You're not a special case and if everyone thought the way you do then LFR would be an even bigger mess than it already is.

God damn at that guy's response though, that's fucked. Report his ass of you haven't already, the game needs fewer of that particular flavour of moron.

It's lfr, if there's no wipes nobody cares or should care.

ampere

Someone got really angry in LFR today and told me they hoped I get raped.

Holy hell lol.

http://i.imgur.com/lmXAnV1.jpg[IMG]

LFR, after a boss where no one wiped, no one even died O_O.

[I q as healer/dps and usually just dps if I noticed we don't need so many heals. Pulling 20k dps > 30k hps if everyone's health bar is full... right?]

Like damn, wat? Didn't even speak the whole time, much less him. Some people need chill pills ^___^;[/QUOTE]

That's shitty, best you can do is report him. I can understand saying "not fair you queue as heal and dps" but the rape comment is way out of line.

[quote="TheYanger, post: 147989120"]Why wouldn't it be? there have to be tens of thousands of them sent out. I'd say between 10-50k (big range cause who knows, but that seems reasonable).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get why people are upset by that. If someone wants to sell it it's theirs to sell

What else can you buy with honour? I'm capped now and don't need the gear any more. 4k seems awfully low

And is there any tactics to kill disc priests in 2 v 2? They seem to be able to heal through anything and if you try and nuke them down whoever is with them starts wailing on you

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What else can you buy with honour? I'm capped now and don't need the gear any more. 4k seems awfully low

And is there any tactics to kill disc priests in 2 v 2? They seem to be able to heal through anything and if you try and nuke them down whoever is with them starts wailing on you

You can buy two extra rolls with honor each week. I think that's about it, other than gear.

Top Bottom