• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I had been killed so hard in shattra by an horde rogue, my graveyard respawn moved to the arakkoa zone....

Aaaaaaand got the AH quest, I dont see me getting it finished as a DPS.

Kacar

Man mythic twins is just awesome. Really fun. So much movement. Sucks though that I have to pug it, my guild has 10 really good players but that obviously isn't enough.

Got it down to 19%. Oh well, maybe next week.

Man mythic twins is just awesome. Really fun. So much movement. Sucks though that I have to pug it, my guild has 10 really good players but that obviously isn't enough.

Got it down to 19%. Oh well, maybe next week.

Our guild spent all night wiping on him tonight. My guild tries to overthink things too much. We tried tanking him where we normally do, then we moved him for about 3 pulls but that didn't work. Then we moved him again for about 8 pulls, and that didn't work either. So finally we moved him back to the old spot where we were doing the best on. Our best attempt was around 40%. It's mainly people dying on the first Empowered Whirlwind. After that we slowly lose people over the fight (usually healers first) before we end up wiping.

Acidote

I had been gone all weekend so I didn't get a chance to open up my statue until last night. Took a pic of it next to my Doomhammer.

Just thought I'd share.

The handle is way too clean to be realistic. You have not been using it enough. Start smashing things.

Carcetti

I'm considering leveling one healer to 100 for a bit of alt-healing but I could use some opinions on how they are to play. I have an 80 priest, a 90 monk, an 85 druid and an 80 shaman lying around somewhere so there's definitely choices to be made. I'm just wondering how they 'feel' to play. I've last healed seriously in Karazhan and I don't think I ever was super good at 'whack a mole a huge pile of boxes' type of thing, but I want to try. Since the monk is highest, I'm wondering what it's like to heal with? I heard someone say it's a bit hard.

TLDR version: I'd like a healing alt but I'm wondering especially if a monk's a painful healer in 5 mans which is probably what I'd be doing.

vocab

Mistweaver has the highest skill cap. However, now that absorbs and smart heals are complete shit, you no longer feel worthless, and get to shine in almost every fight in highmaul.

Cm monk healing is a bit hard. Since you have ramp up, you need to change your healing priority completely. Sometimes its a bit better to enveloping mist people than to uplift. Non cm healing is trivial.

Carcetti

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for. How addon-based is modern healing anyway? Do I need completely rehauled raidframes and all that? I try to go as addon light as I can but somehow I already got too much of them already.

iirate

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for. How addon-based is modern healing anyway? Do I need completely rehauled raidframes and all that? I try to go as addon light as I can but somehow I already got too much of them already.

I'm an addon junkie that hasn't had an addon-light setup since vanilla, but I've been playing my MW a ton recently, and one of the things I noticed is how I feel like she'd be easier to play than my other healers(mained resto shaman vanilla-mop, pvp xp as a resto druid, currently raiding as holy/disc) in an addon-light setting. I haven't actually tried this, so I could be way off, but that's the impression I get playing her.

ampere

I don't even understand why some parts are such rare drops. Make them super common.

Oh well.

Also Ciaossu you don't happen to play on Ally- Sargeras, US?

Nope, I play Horde - Black Dragonflight. Actually don't use my GAF name in WoW anymore other than a level 85 alt on a random server.

Mistweaver has the highest skill cap. However, now that absorbs and smart heals are complete shit, you no longer feel worthless, and get to shine in almost every fight in highmaul.

Cm monk healing is a bit hard. Since you have ramp up, you need to change your healing priority completely. Sometimes its a bit better to enveloping mist people than to uplift. Non cm healing is trivial.

Yes in 5 player content Uplift is almost useless. And it's pretty hard to fistweave now without letting someone die in CMs since it takes a GCD to swap stances.

Ok there has to be a way around this problem I'm having in Ashran because it is dumb

I queue for Ashran for 1+ hour, join and then look for a nemesis group on the group finder. Join the raid and everyone else is on a different realm. I have to queue again to get on with them

Surely there's a different way?

It happens every time I try and join a raid on group finder

Draxal

Ok there has to be a way around this problem I'm having in Ashran because it is dumb

I queue for Ashran for 1+ hour, join and then look for a nemesis group on the group finder. Join the raid and everyone else is on a different realm. I have to queue again to get on with them

Use general chat to find groups for nemesis in Ashran.

idlewild_

I don't think you need to be in a different raid, just in the same group. Usually just ask people in the raid on the same nemesis quest to drop into group 8 with me and it seems to work fairly well.

edit: no idea about the different realm bit, didn't even know that was a limiting factor.

Ok so the way around it is join the raid first, go to Ashran and queue. Now we're all on the same realm, but I have to play the waiting game

Really shouldn't have picked the panda quest :lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The ending on the garrison campaign really drives home just how incomplete this expansion feels. First you go through something that feels like it was supposed to be a one minute scenario, but there are boss mobs you need to kill and they aren't tag shared, so people are all just sitting around hoping to get the first hit in. Then Grommash comes out to taunt you about how he'll be waiting for you...in some zone that has no ETA. When you go to turn in the quest and the follower you're supposed to be awarded isn't added to your roster. It's so astoundingly insulting, and it doesn't look like 6.1 has anything to offer as a bridge to new content. Makes me want to unsub but at this point I should see BRF.

XenodudeX

Fucking christ Windwalker monks are so fucking terrible right now. What the fuck did they do to this class? I'm really struggling to log on to my character.

ampere

The ending on the garrison campaign really drives home just how incomplete this expansion feels. First you go through something that feels like it was supposed to be a one minute scenario, but there are boss mobs you need to kill and they aren't tag shared, so people are all just sitting around hoping to get the first hit in. Then Grommash comes out to taunt you about how he'll be waiting for you...in some zone that has no ETA. When you go to turn in the quest and the follower you're supposed to be awarded isn't added to your roster. It's so astoundingly insulting, and it doesn't look like 6.1 has anything to offer as a bridge to new content. Makes me want to unsub but at this point I should see BRF.

The raid content is good, but I agree a lot of the game so far feels like a beta. Incomplete and needs work.

Fucking christ Windwalker monks are so fucking terrible right now. What the fuck did they do to this class? I'm really struggling to log on to my character.

WW Monks are still very strong in PvE. What are you struggling with?

Chromax

Ok so the way around it is join the raid first, go to Ashran and queue. Now we're all on the same realm, but I have to play the waiting game

Really shouldn't have picked the panda quest :lol

I think those Highmaul camping groups are way more effective if you're doing Nemesis.

Robin64

I think it's fair to say that 6.1 is the "stuff that should have been in 6.0" patch and not a lot else. Not amazing news about how the Garrison stuff ends, though. :\

XenodudeX

The raid content is good, but I agree a lot of the game so far feels like a beta. Incomplete and needs work.

WW Monks are still very strong in PvE. What are you struggling with?

Just everything really. I don't feel useful in both pve and pvp. I don't want to heal because, well, I hate healing, and brewmaster seems too complicated. Honestly I'm not that great of a player anyway, but with WW you have to play at 100% to be competitive with everyone else, sometimes with little or no pay off.

Should get my upgraded ring today. Probably could have had it this past week but I missed a boss and couldn't be arsed to get myself into LFR for it. Was 3 stones short.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Anyone here play a shadow priest and can pull >30k dps average during boss fights in raids?

Or even >25k, if there's no lust.

I've played a holy priest my entire life and just switched to shadow a couple days ago. Am doing clarity of power dot weaving [via icyveins instructions], but my dps is still stuck maxing at 27k, even with bloodlust, for single target low movement fights. With more movement it's at a dismal 22k.

My ilvl is 667, but I have healing gear and enchants[spirit] on my weapons (waiting for a heroic weapon to drop so I can have a dps weapon). I have an extra 500 spirit from gear, so I will be replacing my items with spirit slowly.

Anyone have any suggestions/tricks/obvious things I missed out? Please help this newb.

I went elsewhere for my information as IcyVeins was(is) super slow in updating certain classes.

One of the best sources I've found was on the wow forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15491059173?page=1

Karl Hawk

Banned
Just when I thought I wouldn't succeed my Highmaul mission at 76%, I succeeded at it.

Got mythic Entrail Squishers (which comes from butcher, obviously). I was hoping for Brackenspore's trinket, but hey, the boots gives better stats than the heroic boots I got from spore himself. :p

ampere

Anyone here play a shadow priest and can pull >30k dps average during boss fights in raids?

Or even >25k, if there's no lust.

I've played a holy priest my entire life and just switched to shadow a couple days ago. Am doing clarity of power dot weaving [via icyveins instructions], but my dps is still stuck maxing at 27k, even with bloodlust, for single target low movement fights. With more movement it's at a dismal 22k.

My ilvl is 667, but I have healing gear and enchants[spirit] on my weapons (waiting for a heroic weapon to drop so I can have a dps weapon). I have an extra 500 spirit from gear, so I will be replacing my items with spirit slowly.

Anyone have any suggestions/tricks/obvious things I missed out? Please help this newb.

Off the top of my head that number sounds fine.

From some Warcraftlogs data it sounds pretty close to what it should be:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statis...ket=3&aggregate=amount&boss=1706&difficulty=4
75th percentile is ~28k on Heroic Butcher and your gear is in the middle of that ilevel range. Dps enchants and replacing spirit gear will push you up a bit. Any advice beyond that you're going to have to provide logs. Icy Veins sometimes has bad/outdated info, so you can also check mmochampion priest forums or how2priest.

Temidien

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game (have spent the past week or so trying different classes) and am ready to take the leap with a 90 boost. Before I commit to a realm (yes, I know you can transfer, but I'd rather save myself the $25 if I can), is there any form of an active GAF guild out there? Searching hasn't turned much up.

If not, does anyone belong to a new player friendly guild that is currently recruiting? Won't be mythic raid ready for a while to come, but I'm a fast learner and would like to be part of a community that doesn't mind offering advice as I explore the game.

Ultratech

Welp, finally unsubbed last night.

It's actually been pretty nice taking a break from the game, seeing as I haven't really played since before Christmas.

I'll probably come back at some point when I get that itch again, but I'm good for now.

I had no idea Icy Veins was bad.

EJ doesn't seem to update anymore.

The last time I checked EJ was a few months ago...but yeah, they only tended to update certain classes/specs, so if yours wasn't listed, GG.

MMO-C has some decent stuff, but as noted, you often have to sift through stupid stuff.

I think it's fair to say that 6.1 is the "stuff that should have been in 6.0" patch and not a lot else. Not amazing news about how the Garrison stuff ends, though. :\

Looking through the 6.1 stuff so far, yeah, I'd have to agree.

Babalu.

Maybe you're seeing different groups then I am, but i Join nemesis groups and we farm horde outside of the Highmaul entrance rather then in ashran. Theres no pvp in ashran. Just a giant zerg outside highmaul killing pve groups trying to zone into highmaul.

zanyu

Nope, I play Horde - Black Dragonflight. Actually don't use my GAF name in WoW anymore other than a level 85 alt on a random server.

Ah okay. I just saw your name and saw someone on sargeras with a very similar name, so figured I'd ask.

I had no idea Icy Veins was bad.

EJ doesn't seem to update anymore.

Where can I go for top notch Windwalker Monk information?

Well Icy veins isn't terrible. People give it a lot of shit, cause well simcrafts can have a lot of flaws versus reality.

But as far as I know, as far as stat priority it seems they are accurate on their stat priorities. I have friends who are 6/7 mythic while they fucking hate icy veins, generally their information isn't "bad" for beginner information.

On the plus side, it looks like the Dread Pirate Ring will finally be upgradeable in 6.1.

Downside, the heirloom tab appears to now include the Garrosh looms. Not sure if I like since I'd be missing the offhand book. They might add a way to get them again eventually if they're going in the tab like that. Wonder if the new way it works means I can get duplicate Garrosh daggers after owning only one.

In other news, got gloves off the Butcher today finally, replacing blue heroic ones. Also coined a 1Her off him, so I'm halfway to a set for DW frost.

Chromax

I feel like I'm missing something. Is feral OP atm? Using a equally geared Ret, even blowing AW and using all my primary attacks, it doesn't bring him below 90% in cat form.

I really don't wanna pay real money for game time, and since they blocked buying prepaid codes in LA no one wants to sell a moth for gold, I'm only connecting to send some garrison missions and raiding.

Entered Ashran for the first time for the daily pvp, I dont really get it how to get the shards, entered a random raid group to kill monsters and allies but I have no idea why.

Atlantis

Got bonus roll loot on Ko'ragh!

...buuut I forgot to switch my Loot Specialization from Feral from LFR, so I ended up with a nice ring for my off-off-spec. :p

Renekton

I feel like I'm missing something. Is feral OP atm? Using a equally geared Ret, even blowing AW and using all my primary attacks, it doesn't bring him below 90% in cat form.
Ferals can cast insta-heals and hots while in were-meow form, so your damage is getting healed back pretty quickly until his smallish mana pool runs out.

Top Bottom