• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Draxal

What else can you buy with honour? I'm capped now and don't need the gear any more. 4k seems awfully low

And is there any tactics to kill disc priests in 2 v 2? They seem to be able to heal through anything and if you try and nuke them down whoever is with them starts wailing on you

You can buy old gear for transmog.

652 item level and I'm still getting turned down for most of the garrison invasions I try to join. I'm not even sure it's possible to NOT get gold unless everyone is asleep.

Whoever came up with gearscore needs to burn, and whoever at Blizzard decided to incorporate it into the game needs to be the kindling.

It's lfr, if there's no wipes nobody cares or should care.

The reason there are no wipes is because other healers are doing what they signed up to do, as are the tanks. Yes, even in LFR.

Adaren

Whoever came up with gearscore needs to burn, and whoever at Blizzard decided to incorporate it into the game needs to be the kindling.

Gearscore was a metric invented by the community. It would be around whether Blizzard formally incorporated it or not.

But formally incorporating it ultimately allowed them to create a way for people to progress their gear through casual PUGs, which also made harder content more accessible to players who are willing to put in the effort.

TheYanger

Gear is a legitimate measure of the potential someone has, just because you can be low and be good doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to make whatever arbitrary cutoff I want for MY thing I'm running.

Is that absurd for a garrison invasion? absolutely, but them's the breaks - they're the ones providing the invasion.

652 item level and I'm still getting turned down for most of the garrison invasions I try to join. I'm not even sure it's possible to NOT get gold unless everyone is asleep.

The reason there are no wipes is because other healers are doing what they signed up to do, as are the tanks. Yes, even in LFR.

That's insane man. I got gold with like 620

Best to just list your own group when it comes to instead of dealing with that bs

zanyu

Thanks for those. One last thing: for the Volatile Anomalies, are your groups AoEing them down quickly, or trying to stagger them out? I'm assuming the damage from them dying all at once would be too high, but I can also see some well-coordinated healing cooldowns making that manageable.

Well there are a few ways how to deal with anomalies.

1) Dps one at a time so healing isn't crazy intensive.
2) Gather them all up in one area, AOE them all down and use big heal cds.

Honestly I like the whole gathering them and AOE all at once, cause priest barrier and a tranq is pretty easy to deal with. DPS them down slowly is kind of bleh since you have 2 war mages to kill and imperator is going to come down and he needs to be tanked.

I hope you reported him.

cause rape jokes should be a bannable offense...

Eh I can understand the report, but I don't think rape jokes should be a bannable offense. There's a mature language filter and ignore function. If you can't handle inappropriate language should just get off the internet.

Cause whatever internet game you play, you're going to come across these things and it would be completely idiotic for any company to just ban people for bad language. The only company I really know that does that is Riot Games and you have to be reported non-stop more than 40-50%+ of your games you're supposed to be reported.

So only under extreme conditions are people suspended at best.

Nothing personal but it's still a dick move, queueing as a healer and running in DPS, it doesn't matter how good your DPS is. You're not a special case and if everyone thought the way you do then LFR would be an even bigger mess than it already is.

I agree with the sentiment. At the same time, the game should literally only allow you to enter as the specified spec and not change once in LFR. I feel like it's a flaw in the system. And if the group finds it big enough of a hindrance to the group, the vote kick option is there.

LFR isn't perfect but it's supposed to be easy enough that almost very little coordination and to factor in skill/abuse of the system such as this.

I honestly do the same thing. I queue up as a healer but I'll just dps and most don't even really care. If they did they'd vote kick me. Which in the end does me a favor cause I only queue up to give friends faster queues. I have no reason to be in there myself.

zanyu

The only place you'll wipe in LFR is on Imp if a healer has queued wrong.

Counting on gear/skill of the healers you can literally 2-3 heal it. I think I queued up with a few friends on their alts and we literally just mongoloid damage into imperator. Everyone stepped onto a bomb, we had like 4 of the adds up. Mages died like halfway into the next phase, and then reaver was up the whole time.

Even if you do wipe someone said there's a stack buff you get every time you wipe increasing damage, health, and healing. Which I think is a fantastic idea. It should be like this in every part LFR.

I don't think LFR should even be serious at all. You get to see the fight and grasp an understanding of the fight at a small level. That and getting gear for people who don't want to pug/raid on harder difficulties. I really enjoy what LFR is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Counting on gear/skill of the healers you can literally 2-3 heal it. I think I queued up with a few friends on their alts and we literally just mongoloid damage into imperator. Everyone stepped onto a bomb, we had like 4 of the adds up. Mages died like halfway into the next phase, and then reaver was up the whole time.

Even if you do wipe someone said there's a stack buff you get every time you wipe increasing damage, health, and healing. Which I think is a fantastic idea. It should be like this in every part LFR.

I don't think LFR should even be serious at all. You get to see the fight and grasp an understanding of the fight at a small level. That and getting gear for people who don't want to pug/raid on harder difficulties. I really enjoy what LFR is.

It is like this in every parts of LFR. Been like this since the last expansion at least, if not since Dragon Soul.

Draxal

It is like this in every parts of LFR. Been like this since the last expansion at least, if not since Dragon Soul.

I remember getting 8 stacks on Dark Shamans, and then 8 parts in Naz the very next boss.

Eh I can understand the report, but I don't think rape jokes should be a bannable offense. There's a mature language filter and ignore function. If you can't handle inappropriate language should just get off the internet.

Cause whatever internet game you play, you're going to come across these things and it would be completely idiotic for any company to just ban people for bad language. The only company I really know that does that is Riot Games and you have to be reported non-stop more than 40-50%+ of your games you're supposed to be reported.

So only under extreme conditions are people suspended at best.

Blizz has to get that shit out of the game. It's on them for not doing a better job of doing so, and it makes Morhaime's Blizzcon's opening speech fall hollow if he doesn't try to get it out of wow.

Adaren

Unbelievable.

"Mature Language Filter" is a misnomer. There's nothing mature about telling someone you hope they get raped.

WoW isn't some sort of anarchistic free-speech free-for-all. It's Blizzard's game and they'll run it how they see fit in order to make sure people have the best social experience possible. I don't know the full story behind the whisper backslashbunny received, but I doubt any circumstances could justify that whisper.

It's Blizzard's call as to what his punishment would be, but I don't think they would be unjustified in giving him a permanent ban.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Unbelievable.

"Mature Language Filter" is a misnomer. There's nothing mature about telling someone you hope they get raped.

WoW isn't some sort of anarchistic free-speech free-for-all. It's Blizzard's game and they'll run it how they see fit in order to make sure people have the best social experience possible. I don't know the full story behind the whisper backslashbunny received, but I doubt any circumstances could justify that whisper.

It's Blizzard's call as to what his punishment would be, but I don't think they would be unjustified in giving him a permanent ban.

You're right but, it'll be a temp ban at most. Back in Vanilla a guy I knew got banned a couple of days for saying he'd tear a guy's head off and shit down his neck if he pulled any more pats during an MC.

Renekton

2-3 healing it is definitely not fun, I've been getting into this situation in LFR almost consistently now because 1-2 healers were DPSing and 1-2 got killed by tectus fart.

Maybe that's because your definition of mature is acting responsibly (behavior).

For language filter, I think "mature" means really crass stuff that suppoedly only adults can stomach.

zanyu

Is it? I think I wiped once on Koragh and I never got a buff of the sort. (o_O)?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Well then so literally sooner or later you will eventually down the boss no matter what. I think in LFR this is great cause it's never really a "waste" of time continuously wiping and just trying to get gear.

2-3 healing it is definitely not fun, I've been getting into this situation in LFR almost consistently now because 1-2 healers were DPSing and 1-2 got killed by tectus fart.

I think people are purposely dying unless they are completely new to the expansion. I know people who try to purposely die to just go afk/ watch something on another monitor.

I guess. I mean honestly there are so many people on the internet and playing WoW, to let vulgar language get to you seems silly. I mean a lot of top guilds I've been in, have rape,sexist,racist, violent, etc. types of jokes being told daily.

That's like getting mad every time a kid playing COD saying "I fucked your mom" or calling you "gay." Surely saying "I'm going to rape you." really isn't that bad. Unless you just take personal offense to rape itself. I don't know, having thick skin for consistent internet use is pretty much required if you don't want to just be offended for 90% of the time.

cdyhybrid

Yes, it's going to happen, but that doesn't make it okay.

If gamers ever want to be taken seriously as a group that stuff needs to go away.

Robin64

I don't think it needs to be nerfed at all. I just thought at this point it was standard for Blizzard to nerf raid content after it's been available for a while.

Only the final raids of the expansion, right? Where there's no gear from a next patch to naturally nerf it.

ampere

I don't think it needs to be nerfed at all. I just thought at this point it was standard for Blizzard to nerf raid content after it's been available for a while.

Next tier they will likely do a 10 - 20% nerf, but that's when 6.2 hits. Not BRF and 6.1.

In MoP they generally did it this way, the new raid tier meant Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge FoS went away, and then there was a zonewide 10-20% health and damage nerf for the raid. It also gets nerfed by gear as people are saying.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
LTTP on the PTR changes. Holy shit at the 180° turn around on alchemy.. Went from me wanting to fucking ditch it after stocking up on flasks for the xpac.. the being super psyched that I'm a max level alchemist.

constant income from savage bloods and possibly transmutes.
crafted trinket that synergizes with inscription trinkets
most importantly, something to do with all of these damn catalysts I've been stockpiling for months now.

ZenaxPure

Next tier they will likely do a 10 - 20% nerf, but that's when 6.2 hits. Not BRF and 6.1.

In MoP they generally did it this way, the new raid tier meant Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge FoS went away, and then there was a zonewide 10-20% health and damage nerf for the raid. It also gets nerfed by gear as people are saying.

Cata sort of worked this way as well, BoT/BWD got a nerf when FL came out. FL also got a nerf but it was near the end of the tier instead of when the next one came out. Basically I'd say it's kind of the norm at this point to nerf the tier when the next one is on the horizon. But I agree that I think it will be when the 6.2 raid launches not BRF, since BRF isn't really the next tier in the traditional sense.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm feeling like it might be time for me to bow out of mythic raiding on my ele shaman. Admittedly my guild isn't progressing quite as well as I had hoped, but the real factor that's making me feel like stopping is my own performance. I seem to be doing progressively worse as we get deeper into mythic, and have been unable to rectify my frequently sub-par DPS despite being knowledgeable about the class and tools like simcraft. I was frequently the lowest damage last night as we worked on mythic Brackenspore attempts, and this is following our first mythic twin ogron kill last week, which was a fight I quickly started to fucking hate.

Basically, twin ogron left an awful taste in my mouth and I pretty much needed our next boss goal to be something that made me feel better about my own role/performance in the guild in order for mythic raiding to continue to be something I can see myself interested in, and that just isn't happening.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The only benefit is that at 700 you get more of your daily cooldown item per day. For example I only have tailoring at 630 right now, and I get 6 cloth from the cooldown. My friend at 700 gets 10 cloth per cooldown. Anything below 600 is 4 cloth per cooldown.

Exciting, I know.

Don't spend it all in one place.

It appeared I was the only one to roll on the shoulder pads so I got pretty excited. Raid lead did a count down and.... gave the loot to a guild member. I questioned him and asked why my roll didn't count.

He stated that guildies get loot preference over pugs, and they used his losing roll of 88 on the other item to carry over to the shoulders as well, but thanks for the help. Shit was infuriating. Only joining groups with personal loot now.
That sounds like some rule that kids make up when they're playing cards or dice at recess to take lunch money from one of the weak kids.

I had been gone all weekend so I didn't get a chance to open up my statue until last night. Took a pic of it next to my Doomhammer.
EBhI4dv.jpg
Just thought I'd share.

Rapstah

I really like Bloodmaul Slag Mines.

Edit: Disregard this post. I didn't mean Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but if I don't even know the name of the thing I really like then I can't like it as much as I thought I did.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really like Bloodmaul Slag Mines.

Edit: Disregard this post. I didn't mean Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but if I don't even know the name of the thing I really like then I can't like it as much as I thought I did.

I love lamp.

Robin64

Dear Blizz, please tell me this quest to build the jukebox is not as bad as the one to build the auction robot. Please.

screenshot2015-01-19a6qje4.png

Lanrutcon

Dear Blizz, please tell me this quest to build the jukebox is not as bad as the one to build the auction robot. Please.

screenshot2015-01-19a6qje4.png

I am still pissed at Blizzard for the AH assembly quest.

Fucking multi-zone RNG pvp quest to save the player like, 30 fucking seconds.

Anoregon

The AH bot quest is not only laughably terrible, but also such little payoff for the effort. The portal to warspear is literally 10 seconds away.

ampere

Yup, I sell the parts whenever I get a valuable one.

The AH part of the smartphone app is actually an easier way to make auctions anyway.

JSoup

Banned
I don't even understand why some parts are such rare drops. Make them super common.

Oh well.

I don't know that any of the pieces are actually rare. I've got a number of the normal world PvE items. It's just that you're only going to get drops for the Ashran PvP items if you actually Ashran PvP, which is a much smaller percentage of people compared to standard world PvE. So, more of one on any AH than the other.

Top Bottom