• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
SPriest below 100 is easy. Maintain dots, cast mind blast on cool down, cast devouring plague on 3 orbs, cast mind flay right after devouring plague if you took insanity as a talent. Cast shadow word death below 20% on cool down.

That might look like a lot but it will translate in a normal fight to dot dot mind blast, flay, flay, mind blast, flay flay, mind blast devouring plague flay flay mind blast etc. both dots have pretty high uptime so refresh might be once on trash/non-elite.

This might not be 100% accurate but close enough. All of my spriest stuff at this second is muscle memory. So I might be a little off. And then at 100 if you spec into COP things change quite a bit. Though aren't really hard. Just different.

At 100 though I only do shadow for soloing and run holy for progression. Mop I ran shadow for progression and topped recount. From the looks of things COP shadow is also pretty high up there right now.

XceptioN

Neo Member
At the very least, the "core abilities" tab of your spellbook tells you what you should be casting with a very general priority list. It should be enough to get you started. Talents overall don't have a huge impact on your overall gameplay, especially while leveling so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That being said, this might be helpful to you:
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/priest-leveling-guide

As for garrisons, it's honestly best just to organically go through the experience as you level from 90-100, rather than spending too much time reading about it or watching videos. The game does a pretty good job of explaining it to you at a slow pace as features unlock.

Thanks for this response, I think the icy-veins tut is pretty helpful and maybe if I stick around after a month or two i will get WoD and figure out the new garrison system.

For shadow, I find the spec easier than it was in cataclysm, so there's that (in terms of understanding, things are a little rough in terms of high level play at the moment)

Orbs are your resource, mind blast and shadow word death generate orbs, devouring plague spends the orbs

Leveling is pretty easy this time around, you can get away with just mind blasting/spiking/DP the mobs, power word shield yourself etc

For high level play drye has a good guide over at howtopriest shadow priest raid discussion forum

Since your not max level yet and are just curious about what to do until your max level, I would hold off from the guide until level 100 unless your curious as to how the whole grand scheme works

For leveling mind spike is now affected by your damage increase mastery, so spamming it on mobs drops them fairly quick single target, just mind blast on cd, death if the mob is under 20% and DP at 3 orbs

Good to know that spriest might have a less complicated rotation since I last played. Once I hit 90 with my priest and maybe another alt, I will give WoD a try. Thanks for such a helpful response! If I end up wanting to get into raiding I will definitely take a look at that guide.

RPGCrazied

Really hope they lower the XP needed for a level in WoD zones. I still only have 1 level 100, really don't feel the urge to do this again 6 more times. Ugh.

Sweet Jesus, thank god for Silver Proving Grounds being required for heroics...
After reading that story... yeah. I have a 90 I'll touch at some point and I've decided that if I don't run normal with my guild, I'm not running them at all. I have NO time for that amount of BS.

One nice thing that came out of garrisons was the Arrakoa Outcasts rep tokens from missions. Between all my alts I got exalted and the Talon King/Queen title without grinding a thing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
One nice thing that came out of garrisons was the Arrakoa Outcasts rep tokens from missions. Between all my alts I got exalted and the Talon King/Queen title without grinding a thing.

That's what i'm doing right now... farming Nagrand mobs for the Steamwheedle rep tokens and waiting on missions for Arrakoa rep tokens. Too bad I only got 2 characters with garrisons so far, so it's taking quite a long time. Is it like every 2 weeks or something?

Hahaha.. oh man, that Ruk fight. SOOOO broken right now. Surprised we even downed him. Mass disconnects, graphics settings on low and not everything was loading, things blinking in and out, input lag... I'll remember that for a while.

Hahaha.. oh man, that Ruk fight. SOOOO broken right now. Surprised we even downed him. Mass disconnects, graphics settings on low and not everything was loading, things blinking in and out, input lag... I'll remember that for a while.

I suspect BRF is going to be no better. We'll see when I log in later tonight.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I'll wait until at least tomorrow to give Rukhmar a whirl.

In the meantime I'll ne setting up TellMeWhen and learning the rotations again for Fire and Arcane. Wish 6.1 were out so I could switch my DK to NecroticBlight.

M.D

Welp, looks like I'm not going to get that curve achievement

My guild did it a last week but I made place for some other dps because I was pretty low on damage after a ton of tries

I'm still doing pretty crappy damage at this fight (can get low as 16k but its usually 17k+, but I can't sustain 20K+ over the fight)

I guess its a combination of a lot of down time where you can't attack as melee and getting unlucky with fixate and stuff

At least got HC scales of doom after joining some group and using my last bonus roll
662 now

I'm definitely switching to my hunter or warlock at some point, just wish it wasn't so hard with the garrison and stuff.. ugh :(

are the followers in the garrison shared? blue prints? anything?

cdyhybrid

Welp, looks like I'm not going to get that curve achievement

My guild did it a last week but I made place for some other dps because I was pretty low on damage after a ton of tries

I'm still doing pretty crappy damage at this fight (can get low as 16k but its usually 17k+, but I can't sustain 20K+ over the fight)

I guess its a combination of a lot of down time where you can't attack as melee and getting unlucky with fixate and stuff

At least got HC scales of doom after joining some group and using my last bonus roll
662 now

I'm definitely switching to my hunter or warlock at some point, just wish it wasn't so hard with the garrison and stuff.. ugh :(

are the followers in the garrison shared? blue prints? anything?

The achievements to unlock level 3 blueprints are shared. That's about it.

That's what i'm doing right now... farming Nagrand mobs for the Steamwheedle rep tokens and waiting on missions for Arrakoa rep tokens. Too bad I only got 2 characters with garrisons so far, so it's taking quite a long time. Is it like every 2 weeks or something?

Yeah the rep tokens are probably once a week at best. Maybe longer. Not sure since I'm not logging in all that often now to check.

cdyhybrid

Fire seems pretty straight forward. Just have to get the rhythm down as far as casting Pyro when a Fireball is in the air and all that.

Adaren

I guess its a combination of a lot of down time where you can't attack as melee and getting unlucky with fixate and stuff.

My melee tell me that they can position themselves to hit the mage without splashing fixate, so that's something to try.

Also you have many months to get AotC!

cdyhybrid

Any Fire Mages here?

For my filler rotation (when Combustion is down), I cast Fireball until I get Heating Up, then use Inferno Blast to give me a Pyro proc. I then cast Fireball until I get another Heating Up proc, and cast Pyro while the next Fireball is in the air. If I get another Pyro proc off that Fireball, do I cast Pyro again immediately? Or do I keep the proc until I get Heating Up again?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Is there any better guides for Ret Paladin's rotation? I've been looking for guides about it (Hell, I used icyveins guide against my own better judgement), but alas.

Any Fire Mages here?

For my filler rotation (when Combustion is down), I cast Fireball until I get Heating Up, then use Inferno Blast to give me a Pyro proc. I then cast Fireball until I get another Heating Up proc, and cast Pyro while the next Fireball is in the air. If I get another Pyro proc off that Fireball, do I cast Pyro again immediately? Or do I keep the proc until I get Heating Up again?

Keep the proc until you get heating up again and then cast it together with a fireball on the air, but you might want to watch for how high is enhanced pyrotechnics and inferno blast cd because it might be better to free up the proc. When you get enough crit just throw them because if not you might end up losing procs, inferno blast cd is so low and you will probably have a heating up ready. This is how I understand it but I have been raiding as frost so I don't know how it holds up on a real fight.

Rokam

Is there any better guides for Ret Paladin's rotation? I've been looking for guides about it (Hell, I used icyveins guide against my own better judgement), but alas.

MMO-Champion class forum. There's the main ret pally thread, and a help me thread.

We got stuck doing normal tonight instead of heroic butttttt this made me laugh

3cwymrT.png

vocab

Killed two bosses on heroic, and spent the rest of the time on blast furnace which was a mistake. Got to phase 2 but so many people dont understand the fight. MY ranking on gruul was so fucking bad.

guild sucks.

Kraftwerk

We decided to normal first to get some tier. Did 8 bosses very easily. Plan to push hard tomorrow and full clear normal. Then jumping into heroic.

Just got done with raid night with the guild and killed 4 heroic bosses. We went Gruul, Oregorger, Beastlord Darmac, and Hans'gar/Franzok.

Most difficult boss so far was probably Oregorger and dodging his rolls, haha.

We plan to go Flamebender and Kromog. And then I think you have to do Blast Furnace, Iron Maidens, and Blackhand in order?

Pugged a few Normal BRF bosses with some friends. BRF fights seem pretty fun, or are usually at least more visually interesting than Highmaul bosses. At the beginning of the xpac I was pretty excited about Highmaul and thought that BRF was more of the same Horde aesthetic that we'd seen in Siege, but now I'm almost entirely the opposite: Highmaul is visually boring while I'm loving the steel and lava of BRF.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Just got done with raid night with the guild and killed 4 heroic bosses. We went Gruul, Oregorger, Beastlord Darmac, and Hans'gar/Franzok.

Most difficult boss so far was probably Oregorger and dodging his rolls, haha.

We plan to go Flamebender and Kromog. And then I think you have to do Blast Furnace, Iron Maidens, and Blackhand in order?

You can do any bosses in any order you want. But in order to do Blackhand, you need to kill the final bosses from the 3 wings (Blast Furnace in Slagworks, Kromog in Black Forge, Iron Maidens in Iron Assembly)

M.D

Killed gruul normal on the second try with a pug group (tho some of them were guild mates and we were on ts)

Very easy fight as far as mechanics go, aside from the fact I died because I'm pretty sure he was starting petrify and then as I moved away from other players he did an inferno strike and killed me

oregorger is also very simple, there's not much to it in the first phase as a dps or healer, its mostly on the tanks and the second phase you just need to follow him because he won't roll back the way he came

wish you could roll the camera further back... would help me in so many fights

also, we had like 5 or 6 BoE items dropping from trash mobs just between the first two bosses which is super weird lol

Robin64

And yet the stable mounts still have terrible animations, these days it's pretty clear where their priorities lie when it comes to mounts.

I regret spending time on getting the stable mounts. Every single one looks stupid as hell, I'd be ashamed to be seen riding one.

Top Bottom