• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I don't know about you but I love that the achievement I got for 250 mounts awarded a recolour of a three expansion old meta achievement mount which has been sat unused in the game files for years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will say this. I'm not opposed to it being 'the honeymoon', but BRF is making up for a lot of the faults I had with WoD. Particularly garrisons being compulsory garbage and the insane decision to stick trade in garrisons. 'We want to bring that MMO feel back... by sticking everyone in a one person instanced zone.' Thanks.

But Blackrock is SO much fun. I thought they'd struggle to top ToT and stuff like that and even though some fights are sort of rehashes(The similarities between Golden Lotus Protectors and Flamebender are uncanny), they just feel so much more smoothly done. It's so challenging, and it's so engaging to learn. It feels like there's even more personal responsibility which I enjoy, and the massive sense of scale you get from Blackrock just kind of reminds me of when I first started raiding. Where just the raid zone itself made me go 'oh wow that's incredible' at how huge and daunting it was.

And fuck the trash at the start.

Probably 'Eh, it's not a shop mount so fuck putting any work into it.'

I can't wait for the BRF raider achievement mount to be another proto-drake reskin

Well... BRF/HM achievement mount is a red Poundfist, Mythic Blackhand drops an armored/fiery Clefthoof. No proto-drakes this time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, what are you guys talking about? Blizzard lazily recoloring old models and calling them new ones?
B6_7dfLIUAAKmEA.jpg

Never

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pre-cash shop, did Blizzard ever have any mounts that were seen in-game on certain NPCs but unavailable to be earned? Like how they added the Grinning Reaver as a cash shop item despite the fact that it's in the game.

ampere

Killed two bosses on heroic, and spent the rest of the time on blast furnace which was a mistake. Got to phase 2 but so many people dont understand the fight. MY ranking on gruul was so fucking bad.

guild sucks.

We spent like an hour on furnace and said screw it and did 4 other bosses. A couple of the other bosses are literal faceroll like Beastlord and Hans & Franz

ZenaxPure

That boar animation. What in the living fuck were they thinking?

It's just a reskinned Direhorn which seems like a really weird choice to me. The waddle animation for walking I think is hilarious in a cute way but the /mountspecial where they slam their tail into the ground doesn't exactly work when you have no tail.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Has the subscriber number increased with the xpac?

Also, anyone still play the GAF guild?

Sub numbers were up significantly with launch, but I'm sure a good chunk of that was only subbed for that month and it has since dipped back down.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Really hope they lower the XP needed for a level in WoD zones. I still only have 1 level 100, really don't feel the urge to do this again 6 more times. Ugh.

You level like a rocket. I hit 100 halfway through Talador with a ret paladin and right at the end of Talador with an ele shaman. The main difference between the two was that I leveled the paladin by going through MOP and started at 92 whereas the shaman was what I used my boost on (was 64) and so I started him at 90. Granted, I only "play" on weekends, so I do get XP through maintenance, so that may be why I didn't have to go into, say, Spires of Arak, to top out, but it's a hell of a lot faster than BC or Wrath ever were.

Yuuuup. It's almost more sane to just leave your garrison at level 1 and not fuck with buildings on alts.
The mine and the garden will be good XP once they fix the gathering XP, which is currently and strangely borked for everything but true iron. Other than that, old world fishing and cooking dailies still give the same XP as other dailies, even if the incremental profession point raise has become meaningless, so if you just want an extra 25~30k XP a day for a few minutes of work, go back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar and pick up a little extra grift. But, otherwise, I agree with you. I done did it twice. I ain't doing it again.

ZenaxPure

You level like a rocket. I hit 100 halfway through Talador with a ret paladin and right at the end of Talador with an ele shaman. The main difference between the two was that I leveled the paladin by going through MOP and started at 92 whereas the shaman was what I used my boost on (was 64) and so I started him at 90. Granted, I only "play" on weekends, so I do get XP through maintenance, so that may be why I didn't have to go into, say, Spires of Arak, to top out, but it's a hell of a lot faster than BC or Wrath ever were.

I've actually sent both of my alts to Spires and did every quest in there. For pure speed it's hard to argue with an extra 20% xp (you get from building the brewery). But more to the point, yeah, just purely questing WoD is faster than it has every been really, especially if you plan it out ahead of time.

My method was basically to build up some XP potions from the garrison, leave SMV/Frostfire asap (because the quest xp is terrible in those zones) do most of Gorgrond while stopping by most of the "monster hunter" elites and grabbing their free quest turn in, do a bit of Talador, then do all of Spires with the extra 20% xp, and finish it off with a few quests in Nagrand (as you don't need many to hit 100 at that point). It's stupid fast to level and will only be dumber with heirlooms, I predict cutting out Talador and Nagrand almost completely.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
whoa.... so amr log parsing looks like it really puts the heat on warcraftlogs... damn.. a buddy uploads to amr and I upload to warcraftlogs and the dashboarding of amr is really incredible.

I do think warcraftlogs still beats amr in a number of places... actual descriptions of the fights and multiple metrics on mechanics (like both the initial soak of acid torrent and then the splash of it)

I think right now there's a spot for both... but AMR's dashboard format is REALLY nice as a high level overview.

edit - though I did actually make a discovery using the replay feature of warcraftlogs... apparently if a tank is standing TOO close to Oregorger, when he fires Acid Torrent it won't actually hit the tank. One of our hunters stacked in range died to the first Acid Torrent hit, but the replay shows the tank between oregorger and the group. but the tank is shown RIGHT ON oregorger.. whereas the rest of the first soaks the tank was a bit more in between.

cdyhybrid

And yet the stable mounts still have terrible animations, these days it's pretty clear where their priorities lie when it comes to mounts.

I mean, it's clear where their priorities lie with everything.

Time gating everything for more sub money.

Forcing people to faction change to Alliance if they want to succeed in PVP.

Forcing people to transfer to a populated server if they want to do PVP OR PVE at a decent level.

I doubt they'd ever top this as the RaF mount for me.
I love this one so much that I passed up a rare pet for it. I know I have other hippogryphs but the colouring and everything on this one made me so happy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wish my guild went to Heroic BRF first. For whatever reason we decided to start out with Normal mode. We wasted a good amount of time on Blast Furnace when it was bugged.

Well BRF seems pretty fun, I must say. Only did two bosses last night, but just the atmosphere is a nice change of pace from highmaul.

Since having more limited play time these days, I have pretty much stopped caring about stuff like mounts at all, and have to say I'm much happier for it. I'm shocked that the store stuff sells so well, but I can't really blame them for cashing in on it given that it does.

CoLaN

BRF is kinda fun, but it will get old really fast for me. If i think that it will basically be the end game content for the next 3 to 4 months.... I feel like unsubscribing.

BRF is kinda fun, but it will get old really fast for me. If i think that it will basically be the end game content for the next 3 to 4 months.... I feel like unsubscribing.

You probably should unsub if you're already bored of content a day old. It means WoW isn't fun for you.

Actually you can it's something like /console maxcameradistance 6.You can then scroll out further long as there aren't walls behind you.

Oregorger is the camera boss. Seriously, fuck that guy.

iirate

Is there anyone here that could look at my guild's normal Beastlord logs from last night and tell us why it took 10 pulls to kill him?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/64119aa1-d217-4fa5-a848-5643d473feaa/report/25#v=0,d=0

It feels like it was a dps problem, but if there's anything that could have been hampering us mechanically, I'd love to know about it. We're a struggling casual raid guild - the two tanks and three healers are all our own, but we had to PUG all of the dps.

The tanks didn't seem to be having too many issues - they accidentally pulled the beasts in the wrong order a couple of times, that's all.

The healing was honestly very easy. The paladin in our logs raided with us at the start of Highmaul, had to stop due to IRL stuff, and just came back as holy(he was our second tank at the start of the expansion). This was his first night as holy, and he still had a str shield and some str jewelry, but he pulled his weight regardless. The biggest challenge as the healing group was sustaining our mana for 12 minutes, but even that wasn't bad for us at all.

That said, it doesn't feel like a fight that is supposed to brush up against enrage(ala Butcher). All of the healers were even helping out as much as possible on dps on the kill, but beating that enrage was the struggle all night. Was there anything we could have been doing more to help the dps, maybe with positioning?

This was a bit of a rude awakening for us. We expected to go in and clear 4 or so bosses our first night, and ended up getting walled completely. It feels strange that the gear is worse than heroic highmaul's, when that content is so much easier.

CoLaN

You probably should unsub if you're already bored of content a day old. It means WoW isn't fun for you.

Im not bored after one day, but i will be after weeks and weeks of the same raid istance (yes, i know that's how they release the content). Other MMOs pump out content really fast, i just wish WoW would do the same.

Im not bored after one day, but i will be after weeks and weeks of the same raid istance (yes, i know that's how they release the content). Other MMOs pump out content really fast, i just wish WoW would do the same.

But if, day two, you're already thinking about how you don't want to do this for four or five months, I can save you a lot of time and money by saying you should only really be paying for this game if it's fun for you.

borghe

if you are bummed that a newly released raid is going to be the only new content in a game for 3-4 months...

you may want to find a different genre of gaming. I seriously don't know ANY company that can come out with content at a pace faster than that.....

SoO was one thing... even one raid at launch had its own valid critiques.. but new end game content ever 3-4 months is probably every MMORPG-style game's holy grail.. and given the scope of such projects, I don't know that faster is at all feasible.

Gruul feels unbalanced at 10-man on Heroic, Inferno Slice does a ridiculous amount of damage if you only have 5-6 people soaking the damage.

ampere

Did 6/10 last night in the first run, tonight should go faster I think. Great zone, I love the bosses (gruul is a bit meh but to be expected).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-jvn0ZdxfNyQ7V5NnksWDqale-WfcF5i

Hmm ya'll did the same 6 as us last night. Did you try Blast Furnace yet? We did a few pulls, but we were struggling. Must have been doing it wrong.

I'm optimistic we get a clear this week, but Blackhand is probably nuts.

Gruul feels unbalanced at 10-man on Heroic, Inferno Slice does a ridiculous amount of damage if you only have 5-6 people soaking the damage.

Use cooldowns. We did 27 people though so idk about 10

Hmm ya'll did the same 6 as us last night. Did you try Blast Furnace yet? We did a few pulls, but we were struggling. Must have been doing it wrong.

I'm optimistic we get a clear this week, but Blackhand is probably nuts.

Use cooldowns. We did 27 people though so idk about 10

You take like 200k damage per person, if even one person misses it due to the cave-in petrify someone is probably dead.

borghe

You take like 200k damage per person, if even one person misses it due to the cave-in petrify someone is probably dead.

pretty sure under ideal execution that you aren't able to miss it from petrify.. at least I haven't seen a swipe following a petrify fast enough that everyone couldn't run in.

not much different from butcher in that regard.. butcher if one side gets just one extra stack they will likely die.

Mordeccai

I managed to get the str 1 hander from Gruul because my new found guild is awesome, so decided to venture out to find another 1h to complement it to make a dual wield frost DK set.

My first run on heroic butcher drops the cleaver. I lose the roll. In a fit of rage I hit the bonus roll button against my better judgement because deep down I wanted to save them for t17 tokens, but my emotions were strong.

I roll a heroic warforged and socketed cleaver. I almost fell out of my chair LOL.

Now to learn the dual wield rotation. It's weird spamming howling blast instead of obliterate but I can tell that my multi-target fight dps should be much higher.

TheYanger

Dual Wield is a lot faster paced, 2h is so slow right now with the low haste values. It's a lot of fun, people like to call both frost specs mindless, but 2h rewards you for quick reactions to procs and intelligent expenditure, and DW rewards you for really really quick decision making. It's my favorite spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though the rotation itself isn't as good as it was in MoP, I am enjoying the more AOE focused arms for certain fights. Kinda fun to put bleeds on stuff and sweeping strikes is ridiculous.

I just wish I had something to replace whirlwind with.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even though the rotation itself isn't as good as it was in MoP, I am enjoying the more AOE focused arms for certain fights. Kinda fun to put bleeds on stuff and sweeping strikes is ridiculous.

I just wish I had something to replace whirlwind with.

Well apparently slam is getting a good buff, so there's that. Even then the rotation isn't as fun without Overpower. I have a bit more fun with fury myself.

TheYanger

What other kind of dps cooldown is there?
DKs have Pillar and ERW, those cover basically both major types of CD. (more resources and more damage).

Top Bottom