• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Draxal

Also, one of the most frustrating things in WoW.

Warrior Tier 10(the red version from Heroic ICC) has a full set. Are there boots and belts that match it? NOPE. Are there normal ones that do? Yep. But include a version to match the heroic version? Nahhh.

Rogue Tier 8(the 10 man version from normal Ulduar) has a full set. Are there boots and belts that match it? NOPE. Are there recolors of that exact same set that have a properly colored belt and boots? Yep!

Firelands heroics is the worst for that soft of stuff, I know of paladin and mages at least not having proper belt/boots due to rep and crafted.

ZenaxPure

Firelands heroics is the worst for that soft of stuff, I know of paladin and mages at least not having proper belt/boots due to rep and crafted.

That's not too bad honestly, you can actually obtain those. The rogue set he mentions literally does not have a matching belt or boots. Like if you look up the transmog set on wowhead the character model they use to show off the transmog is barefoot. For whatever reason the non-tier Ulduar leather agility pieces from 10 man use a different recolor. Frankly I think it's the best looking version of the set (black and orange) but if you wanted to use the purple (tier) set you have to look elsewhere for boots and a belt.

Draxal

That's not too bad honestly, you can actually obtain those. The rogue set he mentions literally does not have a matching belt or boots. Like if you look up the transmog set on wowhead the character model they use to show off the transmog is barefoot. For whatever reason the non-tier Ulduar leather agility pieces from 10 man use a different recolor. Frankly I think it's the best looking version of the set (black and orange) but if you wanted to use the purple (tier) set you have to look elsewhere for boots and a belt.

You can't because there's no heroic source as the normal modes were locked to rep/crafted items.

Firelands tier is really really really strong; alot of the sets looks great.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Why only Alliance gets Rulkan follower?

She seems more relevant to our Horde side.

Horde has jack-all to do with Ner'Zhul right now. I do think it would be nice if Shadowmoon Exiles was opened up to Horde questing, including the hunt for Ner'Zhul, though, as it starts off as a neutral faction to everyone. I realize, though, that they'd have to build up their hub a bit and make sure that they kept things phased/segregated so that Horde don't wander about and set off the guards at Embaari. Horde are provided a flight path to the Exiles.

M.D

KoZV850.jpg

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Roguerinoo/simple

lol

Decided to leap in and try my first Highmaul Normal pug last night. I decided to select one with a description that seemed friendly to newbies since I've run LFR weekly since it was available, but never walked into normal. It was definitely friendly to newbies, but we didn't make much progress (which I expected). Only ended up downing Kargath and had some attempts on Tectus before it fell apart.

I did have some fun, and it definitely reminded me of my old raiding days. I think I might try to find a group with a little higher expectations though next time. Watching the same people burn to death next to pillars or jump into tiger pits repeatedly was a little frustrating for a one boss night.

My only fear is that since I have no normal experience and am only ilvl 645 I might not be accepted into a majority of groups. I've read a lot of the stories on here concerning that already. Never know until you try I guess.

ZenaxPure

You can't because there's no heroic source as the normal modes were locked to rep/crafted items.

Oh yeah, for whatever reason my mind went immediately to the upgrade vendor but that was only for trash drops. And yeah I'd agree, T12 is one of my favorite tiers overall, I think I like every single set actually it just sucks that the heroic versions for a lot of them have weird as fuck colors like pink for the mage set and purple for the rogue. From the moment that stuff was datamined it bothered me that the rogue set looked better on normal than heroic as I actually like the rogue set a lot.

Either way though I wish they would add stuff like that in. I also wish they would give us a way to get models that were locked behind quests only. I did almost every single quest in the game on my rogue for loremaster before transmog was a thing and now there are a bunch of models (especially from outland quests) that I just can't get anymore because I vendored all of that stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveling through Uldum again on my Boomkin. Doing Lost City and man... Give me an Egyptian themed expansion, Blizz. Fuck the Maelstrom. Fuck the South Seas. Fuck the Emerald Dream.

Check out the new lighting in 6.1! Really nice.

Engineer's Workshop: Anti-Aliasing and Lighting

So the new AA options aren't in yet, correct? I still see 3 >_> I thought they were implemented a while ago.

---

On a side note, I received an email from blizzard saying to update my CC info because it was outdated and I was being billed on the 16th. Checking my info by going to the site myself(I never click Blizz links just in case), my CC info is still correct(Expiring 2017) and my sub is being renewed the 21st. Everything about the email looks legit, and it's sent by noreply@blizzard.com

So I'm confused ._. anyone ever gotten that before?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the new AA options aren't in yet, correct? I still see 3 >_> I thought they were implemented a while ago.

---

On a side note, I received an email from blizzard saying to update my CC info because it was outdated and I was being billed on the 16th. Checking my info by going to the site myself(I never click Blizz links just in case), my CC info is still correct(Expiring 2017) and my sub is being renewed the 21st. Everything about the email looks legit, and it's sent by noreply@blizzard.com

Don't they e-mail from battle.net?

Adaren

Email spoofing is a thing. If you have the time, I'd contact Blizzard directly. If it's real, they'll help sort out your subscription. If it's a phishing attempt, I'm sure they'd be happy to have it reported.

Liseda

no, they email from .com.

"Blizzard Entertainment <noreply@blizzard.com> " on my last email.

You should check if the headers are correct, you can check by pressing "show original" in gmail if you're using that.

legit email would contain stuff like this

Return-Path: <noreply@blizzard.com>
Received: from ext-smtp12.eu.battle.net (ext-smtp12.eu.battle.net. [80.239.186.48])
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of noreply@blizzard.com designates 80.239.186.48 as permitted sender) client-ip=80.239.186.48;
Received: from ew2-web-13-blade06.wowadmin.net (ew2-web-13-blade06.wowadmin.net [10.51.72.56])
by ext-smtp12.eu.battle.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 33D7F1C0116

Email spoofing is a thing. If you have the time, I'd contact Blizzard directly. If it's real, they'll help sort out your subscription. If it's a phishing attempt, I'm sure they'd be happy to have it reported.

no, they email from .com.

"Blizzard Entertainment <noreply@blizzard.com> " on my last email.

You should check if the headers are correct, you can check by pressing "show original" in gmail if you're using that.

legit email would contain stuff like this

Yeah, it was from dot com.The only thing is that it's at odds to the information on my account, which makes no sense and makes me think it's a phising attempt. It says it'll bill me on the 16th, even though my sub renews on the 21st, and my card info shouldn't be expiring yet.

DarkJC

Hovering over the sender doesn't prove anything, that's just echoing the "from" address which is easily faked. You need to find the way to view the full raw email headers.

To be honest I wouldn't trust it.

Hovering over the sender doesn't prove anything, that's just echoing the "from" address which is easily faked. You need to find the way to view the full raw email headers.

To be honest I wouldn't trust it.

Really? Huh. Yahoo is pretty shitty though, so that's why I just went to my b.net bookmark.

DarkJC

Really? Huh. Yahoo is pretty shitty though, so that's why I just went to my b.net bookmark.

Yeah. In fact just today I received an email with the "from" address being a legit amazon.com email. But it was for an order I didn't place. With a .doc file attached telling me I need to review the attached order immediately.

In that case that's super obviously fishy, but the from address was legit looking.

Yeah. In fact just today I received an email with the "from" address being a legit amazon.com email. But it was for an order I didn't place. With a .doc file attached telling me I need to review the attached order immediately.

In that case that's super obviously fishy, but the from address was legit looking.

After looking a bit further into my account, I think it's a legit email. The 5 day discrepancy comes from the free 5 days they gave for the game launch, and the last time my account was charged was on 11/16, the same month my previous CC expired(And I got my new one a bit in the later half of November.)

Still though, I'm never gonna be careful around emails from blizzard >_>;

ZenaxPure

Oh also just saw on MMOC that the PTR is labelled as release, so that's cool. Still doesn't really look like a meaty patch but I am still looking forward to hunting down Jukebox music and taking stupid amounts of selfies just to make people salty.

Why not... our main lead Durotan is desperate for any dissident clans and he seemed pretty knowledgeable about orcs in Draenor. Ner'zhul is a pretty big deal too.

Think of it in a timeline-like fashion, as Durotan is off doing stuff in Frostfire at the exact same time on the other side of the continent the Alliance is meeting her and helping her. By the time the Horde could theoretically even get to her she would have already thrown her lot in with the Alliance.

Hell if you really want to look at it as closely as you can, there is not a single Horde camp or flight point in Shadowmoon Valley which means storywise the Horde has never set foot into the zone as a faction. Rulkan could probably be dead for all Durotan knows.

Daniel R

I am pretty sure Horde has a flight path very near Rulkan. I was ganked by a higher lvl horde that landed on that flightpath when I was near it.

M.D

Anyone here using Bigwigs? I used DBM up till now, but I like some of the features Bigwigs offers

The only thing I'm missing is the voice and pulling which is important
Do they work together? Is there any way to disable all of the other DBM features except for voice and pulling timer?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, there's no way I would have been doing those weekly world boss runs on my alts if I didn't have at least two chances for their fucked drop rate.

ampere

This has always been the case. You could not bonus roll the sha of anger mount in Pandaria, for instance.

You can bonus roll the world boss mounts.
You couldn't bonus roll Elegon's mount(which they didn't tell anyone until the end of the expansion)

Yea Data is right, you can boss roll MoP world boss mounts, but not raid boss mounts.

You can bonus roll raid drop pets.

Wowhead actually has the flags shown if something is bonus rollable or not, so you can check there for specific things. Elegon mount, flagged not bonus rollable. Sha of Anger mount, flagged bonus rollable.

Anyone here using Bigwigs? I used DBM up till now, but I like some of the features Bigwigs offers

The only thing I'm missing is the voice and pulling which is important
Do they work together? Is there any way to disable all of the other DBM features except for voice and pulling timer?

Bigwigs works with the DBM pull timer

I can /pull 10 and it sends the timer to DBM people and gives me a countdown voice. I use Bigwigs only

Bigwigs is great. I've used it exclusively since Wrath and sometimes I'm the only person in the group who does. It updated Thogar way quicker than DBM did, too.

ZenaxPure

They do. The flight path in the village is neutral.

Yeah, hence why I said horde and not neutral, there are 3 neutral FPs in the zone iirc. I am talking specifically about horde (red colored) flight paths, there isn't a single one in SMV which means horde has quite literally no presence in the zone.

Week 2 pubs are still awful at BRF and most group are still doing highmaul. This is such a messy raid tier, it's like people have very little incentive to do BRF. Think I'll let my sub lapse for a few weeks then come back when people aren't so idiotic and can down gruul with 660+ gear. It's not the difficulty that bothers me, its the time spent finding a decent group. Just too much waiting around. Guilds aren't looking for melee dps plate wearers either, god knows how inflated this game is with ret paladins and dk's already.

ZenaxPure

So what exactly are engineers doing with their gearsprings? I have around 200 on my engi alt but looking at the AH on my server, crafted guns are only going for around 700g and goggles aren't much higher than that (1000g or so). Honestly not sure what I should be doing with my parts when the 100 mat crafted items are that cheap, seems like a waste of mats.

So what exactly are engineers doing with their gearsprings? I have around 200 on my engi alt but looking at the AH on my server, crafted guns are only going for around 700g and goggles aren't much higher than that (1000g or so). Honestly not sure what I should be doing with my parts when the 100 mat crafted items are that cheap, seems like a waste of mats.

This is true of every material right now except enchanting and JC materials. Maybe tailors for the bags. Not worth it to make anything or even put in the work orders.

ZenaxPure

This is true of every material right now except enchanting and JC materials. Maybe tailors for the bags. Not worth it to make anything or even put in the work orders.

Not on my server really, I am still selling armor pieces for around 4-6k depending on the stats. Literally just sold some mail boots for 6k earlier in the week.

I mean don't ask me how, I see people in trade chat offering to craft items for 3k yet stuff on the AH goes for way higher.

ampere

Yeah Engineering got shit on, really. The helms shouldn't require Engineering as they basically go for the price of a Temporal Crystal on my server.

You might be able to sell Swapblasters or pets, I haven't tried doing that

Upgrade items for most profs sell for quite a bit on my server, but of course that means investing in bloods. I think a lot of people are doing engineering right now, so probably just too much supply of everything. So easy to level the profession at the moment. I know I switched my main from JC, just for the convenience/fun factor. In hindsight, maybe I should have cranked out a few more gems first!

I really don't understand some of the thinking with professions this expac. Gathering seems so half assed now. Not willing to give up my miner alt for farming/smelting old ores yet, but other than that the gathering professions are completely useless. Really don't understand why they kept them in the game.

ZenaxPure

Yeah Engineering got shit on, really. The helms shouldn't require Engineering as they basically go for the price of a Temporal Crystal on my server.

You might be able to sell Swapblasters or pets, I haven't tried doing that

Yeah that's pretty much why I asked in confusion. The engineering stuff is so cheap compared to crafted pieces of LW/tailor/smith on my server that it seems crazy. Even blacksmith weapons go for more than the engi guns, not that I craft them though since armor pieces are still pretty good.

I assume it has a lot to do with me being on a medium pop server, with LW especially I can typically find at least one armor piece that has few to no pieces being sold at the time and craft one and get an easy 4-6k out of it. It's not really much in the grand scheme of things but when you have every profession it adds up over the course of a week.

Yea Data is right, you can boss roll MoP world boss mounts, but not raid boss mounts.

You can bonus roll raid drop pets.

Wowhead actually has the flags shown if something is bonus rollable or not, so you can check there for specific things. Elegon mount, flagged not bonus rollable. Sha of Anger mount, flagged bonus rollable.
Yeah, the fact that it was a world boss was the reason I was rolling on it before but I should have checked WoWhead for the bonus roll info. For some reason I always glossed over that before.
Week 2 pubs are still awful at BRF and most group are still doing highmaul. This is such a messy raid tier, it's like people have very little incentive to do BRF. Think I'll let my sub lapse for a few weeks then come back when people aren't so idiotic and can down gruul with 660+ gear. It's not the difficulty that bothers me, its the time spent finding a decent group. Just too much waiting around. Guilds aren't looking for melee dps plate wearers either, god knows how inflated this game is with ret paladins and dk's already.
I think people want to do BFR but yeah, they either don't have the gear or their mindset isn't tuned for it right now. Tried going in last night and it was a disaster so we went back into Highmaul for gear (whole night ended up being a bust; didn't realize Bracken was still an issue for some).

M.D

[/URL].

Bigwigs works with the DBM pull timer

I can /pull 10 and it sends the timer to DBM people and gives me a countdown voice. I use Bigwigs only

Yup, just killed gruul on hc with a pug group and I had a pull warning
Thanks

Bigwigs is great. I've used it exclusively since Wrath and sometimes I'm the only person in the group who does. It updated Thogar way quicker than DBM did, too.

I haven't done anything aside from moving the bars around and I like it so far

Do you guys know any addon for boomkins that shows your balance bar and spells cd's and stuff? sorta like the weakauras for ferals

Karl Hawk

Banned
Speaking of bigwigs, is it possible to move the cooldown bars anywhere? I feel it doesn't do any good for me when I see cooldowns in the bottom center or top center when it's about to finish.

Top Bottom