• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Killed H Blast Furnace with my guild yesterday, boy oh boy, does that fight get healing intensive near the end. I died as I just casted tranquility and the whole raid pretty much almost died, thankfully the other healers were able to pull us through.

Here's the kill video from my perspective.

M.D

Clean heroic highmaul with my guild and we one shot imp which was pretty sweet! first time for me killing him so got the curve as well which surprised me at first, but then I realized bfr is not a new tier

We tried normal Operator Thogar after highmaul and got him to 45% on our best try, we'll probably get him sometime this week

I won't be able to attend brf tomorrow which sucks :(
I'm actually really sad that I'm switching to balance again just because of raiding, feral is so fun to play and I have a hard time adjusting to raiding as ranged again

Shahadan

One rune in your work orders is ridiculous. It was ok for the stones considering the amount, but if you're going to give 18 runes for a boss you should at least up the amount you can get in missions and work orders.

Worst thing is, it's probably an oversight and will be fixed way too late.

iirate

One rune in your work orders is ridiculous. It was ok for the stones considering the amount, but if you're going to give 18 runes for a boss you should at least up the amount you can get in missions and work orders.

Worst thing is, it's probably an oversight and will be fixed way too late.

I could just be lucky so far, but it feels like the rune drop rate is much higher than stones were to help compensate.

I could just be lucky so far, but it feels like the rune drop rate is much higher than stones were to help compensate.

since you need seven times the number of runes than stones I would hope that the drop rate is noticeably higher. The problem is that now everyone is bored as shit of grinding out work orders every 3 days.

JSoup

Banned

Drop rate is higher.
I'm sitting at 100 runes, 20 or so came from garrison missions, the rest from work orders.

vocab

Clean heroic highmaul with my guild and we one shot imp which was pretty sweet! first time for me killing him so got the curve as well which surprised me at first, but then I realized bfr is not a new tier

We tried normal Operator Thogar after highmaul and got him to 45% on our best try, we'll probably get him sometime this week

I won't be able to attend brf tomorrow which sucks :(
I'm actually really sad that I'm switching to balance again just because of raiding, feral is so fun to play and I have a hard time adjusting to raiding as ranged again

Every fight was made for balance so just watch your self top the charts for hitting one button.

DarkJC

Really sucks for the non-NA guilds that the release times of mythic are still different. I was wondering why Paragon hadn't downed anything yet and then realized they still have to wait.

notworksafe

Goo guild?

It's small but has good people. We're all older people though, so it's usually only busy on the weekends.

Also, not too many on my guild now so I'm gonna brag here lol

OE3rKMq.jpg

cdyhybrid

I swear on everything that is holy, Oregorger just follows me around the damn room.

So dumb. Even with Ice Block and two Blinks I can't get away.

Edit: Two successful bonus rolls...both resulting in the one item out of 4 in the loot table that's a downgrade. Oh well, more Temporal Crystals I guess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's small but has good people. We're all older people though, so it's usually only busy on the weekends.

OE3rKMq.jpg

Grats dude! maybe one day Blizz will let us transmog stuff to look like our legendaries once more.

Pollux

It's small but has good people. We're all older people though, so it's usually only busy on the weekends

Ha, that's not a bad thing. Working now so I won't be playing too much on week nights.

Now the real question for everyone. I'm re-rolling completely...horde or alliance???? And then, which race???? Why??

Got around to killing Iron Maidens yesterday, only missing an Oregorger kill now but that can wait because that fight is terrible.

Don't think I'm too big a fan of the Iron Maidens fight though, the sub-20% phase feels like it goes on for way too long even if you manage to get them all to 22-23% before triggering it.

As for my favourite fight, I think it's a toss-up between Kromog and Blackhand. Operator/Hanz&Franz are interesting too.

Got the Drake of the South Wind earlier today from Throne of the Four Winds. Took me 31 kills. That also marks the last Drake of the ___ Winds that I needed.

That leaves me with four weekly raids I run: Ulduar, ICC, Malygos, and Dragon Soul. I need one from Malygos (Blue) and all three from Dragon Soul.

I'm now at 247 mounts and unless something else grabs me there's a decent chance that once I hit 250 I'll cancel until at least 6.2 since so far there doesn't appear to be much in 6.1 that will draw me back. I skimmed the most current patch notes and nothing in there is super exciting to me.

ampere

As for my favourite fight, I think it's a toss-up between Kromog and Blackhand. Operator/Hanz&Franz are interesting too.

I like Kromog a lot as a Brewmaster. I feel super invincible even though there is heavy tank damage. Wait that's every fight as a Brewmaster lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Grats! I actually just started working on that again on my DK. I WOULD be on the final long slog that is the shadowfrost shard stage, but fucking blizzard loves to change my 25man ICC instance to 10 man for no fucking reason and by the time I noticed, sindragosa was already dead and I didn't have quest credit for the frost infusion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really, really like Hanz & Franz because it can be challenging. But the most important thing about it, as dps both melee and ranged, is that it never feels cheap. So much shit in WoW raids feels like cheap rng bullshit that fucks you over on a fight. Everything about Hanz & Franz is complete chaos and hectic but you never feel out of control. If you fuck up, it's because you fucked up.

Got the Drake of the South Wind earlier today from Throne of the Four Winds. Took me 31 kills. That also marks the last Drake of the ___ Winds that I needed.

That leaves me with four weekly raids I run: Ulduar, ICC, Malygos, and Dragon Soul. I need one from Malygos (Blue) and all three from Dragon Soul.

I'm now at 247 mounts and unless something else grabs me there's a decent chance that once I hit 250 I'll cancel until at least 6.2 since so far there doesn't appear to be much in 6.1 that will draw me back. I skimmed the most current patch notes and nothing in there is super exciting to me.

It's pretty much my weekly mount runs which are keeping me subbed at this point. I'm just down to ICC, TotFW and 2/3 remaining from DS now, having finally got the last of the Firelands mounts and Mimiron's Head in the last few weeks. I've been losing interest fast since hitting 250+ though.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I like Kromog a lot as a Brewmaster. I feel super invincible even though there is heavy tank damage. Wait that's every fight as a Brewmaster lol

Speaking of Brewmaster, how is it overall as a tanking spec? There are dozen tanking specs I wanna try, but I'd like to know how does it play so far in terms of tanking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Run all the weekly raids for mounts as well because I'm farming them for gold anyhow. So far I've gotten.

Ashes
Experiment 12-B. Think this might be my rarest mount.
Blue Drake. Twice.
Onyxian Drake

And that's with 8 100s. So RNG luck has been pretty shitty for me

Not counting dungeon mounts like Rivendare, Raven Lord, Panther, etc. Or guaranteed ones like achievements/black/twilight drakes.
Been doing it for a while(was doing Ulduar and ICC weekly in MoP for a long time and still nothing). Less about the numbers and more about 'eh might as well.' Like I still haven't bought all the racial mounts. If I gear up my Blood DK, I may start doing Galleon on him.

ZenaxPure

It's pretty much my weekly mount runs which are keeping me subbed at this point. I'm just down to ICC, TotFW and 2/3 remaining from DS now, having finally got the last of the Firelands mounts and Mimiron's Head in the last few weeks. I've been losing interest fast since hitting 250+ though.

Gotta get ahead for that eventual 300 achievement! I hope the 300 mount is more interesting than the 250 one. I like the firehawk model but honestly there is already 2 of them (and I like the purple one the most anyway).

I am still chipping away at 250 myself, at 221, what is really holding me back is crafted mounts. I have none of the JC mounts and still missing a few of the engi mounts too. I could buy a bunch right now but I'd rather build up more gold in case a cool mount I actually want shows up on the AH.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Azure Drake get. I'm not posting it because it's not that cool but that means one less place to farm.

Spectral Tiger, Azure Drake, and Experiment 12-B in one week. Not a bad haul.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Azure Drake get. I'm not posting it because it's not that cool but that means one less place to farm.

Spectral Tiger, Azure Drake, and Experiment 12-B in one week. Not a bad haul.

2 raid mounts in the same week is like a fucking miracle if you ask me!

Bisnic

2 different characters, to be fair. I got Ashes and Blue Proto on the same day once which was pretty funny.

Still a miracle.... i used to do the same 3-4 raids on 5-6 different characters while i was waiting for WoD, and i was lucky to get one mount per month. I think I only got 2-3(Azure Drake, Onyxian Drake and Ashes in December) mounts in 4-5 months.

ampere

Speaking of Brewmaster, how is it overall as a tanking spec? There are dozen tanking specs I wanna try, but I'd like to know how does it play so far in terms of tanking.

It's the most well designed tank IMO. A little on the weak side for sustained magic damage, but otherwise very strong.

Also you are a martial artist and do lots of kicks/punches and drunken gestures. If that appeals to you, try it out!

M.D

Every fight was made for balance so just watch your self top the charts for hitting one button.

I was able to attend the raid after all! left after 4 bosses but got a tier head piece which turned out warforged and the int trinket from beastlord with a socket

Now I'm fully geared for balance! One of my trinkets is 645 tho so I could look to upgrade that from hc twins or imp

Edit: That just happened

ZenaxPure

There is one guy selling like 5 onyx panthers on my server for 40k a pop. I am so tempted to just buy one despite clearly realizing how scummy it is. I should just not look at the AH for a few days.

I've never set foot into Mythic Highmaul.

Two weeks ago, I got my raid mission, and it was for a 655 normal.

Today, I got my raid mission and it was for a 685 mythic cache.

I've put in over 15 heroic kills, but I thought that just got you 670 herioc caches. Am I wrong? Is this a bug?

In any case, apparently I have a massive upgrade for SOMETHING waiting for me when I get home.

cdyhybrid

I've never set foot into Mythic Highmaul.

Two weeks ago, I got my raid mission, and it was for a 655 normal.

Today, I got my raid mission and it was for a 685 mythic cache.

I've put in over 15 heroic kills, but I thought that just got you 670 herioc caches. Am I wrong? Is this a bug?

In any case, apparently I have a massive upgrade for SOMETHING waiting for me when I get home.

No boss kills = Normal caches

15 Normal kills = Heroic caches

15 Heroic kills = Mythic caches

15 Mythic kills = Mythic caches and 1K gold each or something

ampere

We don't know for Blackrock if it's 15 kills to get a higher ilevel cache, but it's probably something like that.

The Blackrock follower missions aren't out until 6.1 though, so you aren't in too much of a hurry.

ZenaxPure

She seems more relevant to our Horde side.

Not really, it's not like the Orcs native to Draenor have any ties to the Horde or anything.

Her and her exiles are opposed to everything Ner'zhul is doing and there isn't a Horde presence in SMV so she takes the first sign of help she can get which happens to be the Alliance.

JSoup

Banned
2 different characters, to be fair. I got Ashes and Blue Proto on the same day once which was pretty funny.

I kind of assume the blue and azure drakes were the easiest to get due to some assumption on Blizz's part that people wouldn't be running it left and right.

Ran for first time, blue drake dropped.
Ran on two other toons, blue drake dropped again for each.
Rand on one more toon, blue drake and azure drake drop together.
This was all in one day.

Bisnic

Why only Alliance gets Rulkan follower?

She seems more relevant to our Horde side.

"our" Horde side.

For some reason, that made me smirk.

In other news, i got the mount from Ragnaros (Firelands) yesterday. Pretty nice fire bird! And thank god, now i'll only need to kill that fire hawk boss now in Firelands rather than every single bosses.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, one of the most frustrating things in WoW.

Warrior Tier 10(the red version from Heroic ICC) has a full set. Are there boots and belts that match it? NOPE. Are there normal ones that do? Yep. But include a version to match the heroic version? Nahhh.

Rogue Tier 8(the 10 man version from normal Ulduar) has a full set. Are there boots and belts that match it? NOPE. Are there recolors of that exact same set that have a properly colored belt and boots? Yep!

Top Bottom