• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

M.D

Speaking of bigwigs, is it possible to move the cooldown bars anywhere? I feel it doesn't do any good for me when I see cooldowns in the bottom center or top center when it's about to finish.

Toggle Anchors? I think everything it moveable through there

Adaren

Week 2 pubs are still awful at BRF and most group are still doing highmaul. This is such a messy raid tier, it's like people have very little incentive to do BRF. Think I'll let my sub lapse for a few weeks then come back when people aren't so idiotic and can down gruul with 660+ gear. It's not the difficulty that bothers me, its the time spent finding a decent group. Just too much waiting around. Guilds aren't looking for melee dps plate wearers either, god knows how inflated this game is with ret paladins and dk's already.

LFR is coming out next week and will help people learn the fights.

I guarentee that you could find a raid group/guild if you tried. My guild has 0 Rets, 0 DKs, and 2 DPS Warrs in our 20+ person group, and I'm sure we aren't the only group who'd be willing to bring along a skilled Plate DPS with a good attitude.

Or you could try leading your own PUG so you don't have to spend time waiting for a group.

LFR is coming out next week and will help people learn the fights.

I guarentee that you could find a raid group/guild if you tried. My guild has 0 Rets, 0 DKs, and 2 DPS Warrs in our 20+ person group, and I'm sure we aren't the only group who'd be willing to bring along a skilled Plate DPS with a good attitude.

Or you could try leading your own PUG so you don't have to spend time waiting for a group.

I'll probably give open raid a try, it seems like the best solution. Sometimes I get a lot of work and can't make guild raid times, makes me afraid of commitment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish I had a capture program going. I don't know how to explain it, but I was leveling in Talador on my DK near the spider part. I run up to a spider and pull him then go to some more to pull them all together. Hit Gorefiend's Grasp to yank them and the one I had targetted just goes FLYING OFF into oblivion. It was the funniest glitch I've ever had happen in-game.

M.D

If WoWuction and AuctionDB are right, everything on my server is super cheap compared to other servers.

I started using TSM (or just the sniper option really) and there's a bunch of transmog items which it says are worth 5k+ and 7k+ plus on other servers, but there's a bunch of them for around 1.4k on my server

Anyone here familiar with Resto druid at a Heroic/Mythic level?

Our resto druid consistently has mana issues and from what we can tell is lagging behind in heals compared to where she should be at her gear level (or at least, ranks consistently low on WarcraftLogs.)

Here are our logs from our H Beastlord kill tonight: WarcraftLogs - Beastlord The other fights are in there, too.

If possible, could you give any feedback? Thanks

Edit: I'm not sure how the bracket rankings and such are done on WCL, so it might be a non-factor to put stock in. Her mana issues have been consistent since Highmaul, though, so any tips there are appreciated.

Our resto druid consistently has mana issues and from what we can tell is lagging behind in heals compared to where she should be at her gear level (or at least, ranks consistently low on WarcraftLogs.)

Here are our logs from our H Beastlord kill tonight: WarcraftLogs - Beastlord The other fights are in there, too.

If possible, could you give any feedback? Thanks

Edit: I'm not sure how the bracket rankings and such are done on WCL, so it might be a non-factor to put stock in. Her mana issues have been consistent since Highmaul, though, so any tips there are appreciated.
I don't play druid, but I took a look at other druids of similar ilvl. My advice is to ask her to remove regrowth from her bindings, none of the druids I looked at were using it, and that'll help with her mana issues. Another big difference was the healing done by tranquility, most other druids have tranq as their 3~4th highest healing done. Make sure she's casting tranq at the right times, tranq's healing is so low on that kill you posted that i'm pretty sure it got canceled.
The top rated healers close to her ilvl were doing about 50k hps, it's unreasonable to expect that much healing though, and 35k~40k is more reasonable.

Also, your disc priest is massively under performing, they should be up there with the paly in terms of healing done. I play disc so I can actually give him some detailed advice.
1) If he's going to tank heal, it's extremely important to keep borrowed time up. There's a bit of a rotation to it; PW:S-->Clarity of WillX2-->PW:S. It might be different for his haste value, but basically he'll want to figure out how many clarity of will casts you can get off before borrowed time falls off and you have to cast another shield to reactivate it. He only had 54% borrowed time up time, which is abysmal.
2) He should avoid using CoW unless absolutely necessary, word of mending is a 5% or more free healing boost on every fight.
3) Twist of fate has no effect on absorb healing, he should be speccing into power infusion. Use power infusion on CD, even at the start of a fight, although this isn't a hard rule.
4) He's not using archangel enough, more uptime on it is always better. Ideally, you want to have AA at 5 stacks every 30 seconds. This seldom happens though, however, it is still good to use AA on cd. After every AA it is also good to cast one prayer of healing. Tell him to avoid 'saving' AA for a specific moment, it's better used as an overall boost to healing.
5) Solace uptime was at about 11% which is low enough to make it not worth speccing into the talent, tell him to use mindbender(which will regen much more mana than he is currently regening and is also much easier to use), or to look up a weakaura that makes casting solace on CD easier. At a minimum, you want to aim for 50% solace uptime, with 70~80% being the ideal amount.
6) Stat priority for disc right now is Int>spirit>mastery>multi=haste>crit>>vers.

Renekton

I assume it has a lot to do with me being on a medium pop server, with LW especially I can typically find at least one armor piece that has few to no pieces being sold at the time and craft one and get an easy 4-6k out of it. It's not really much in the grand scheme of things but when you have every profession it adds up over the course of a week.
Dang that's still nice.

Those crafted 640s are only 2-3k on my realm.

I don't play druid, but I took a look at other druids of similar ilvl. My advice is to ask her to remove regrowth from her bindings, none of the druids I looked at were using it, and that'll help with her mana issues. Another big difference was the healing done by tranquility, most other druids have tranq as their 3~4th highest healing done. Make sure she's casting tranq at the right times, tranq's healing is so low on that kill you posted that i'm pretty sure it got canceled.
The top rated healers close to her ilvl were doing about 50k hps, it's unreasonable to expect that much healing though, and 35k~40k is more reasonable.
I think we still use regrowth to quickly maintain the Mastery buff, or at least until we get the 4-piece.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Asked before, but I don't think I got an answer. Is there an addon that doesn't change the bags ui but displays how much of an item each character has?

edit: NM, altoholics has it

If WoWuction and AuctionDB are right, everything on my server is super cheap compared to other servers.

I started using TSM (or just the sniper option really) and there's a bunch of transmog items which it says are worth 5k+ and 7k+ plus on other servers, but there's a bunch of them for around 1.4k on my server

Take it all with a grain of salt. The Xmog market has been in upheaval since the introduction of the salvage yard. Everything is worth less than it was before.

Oh wow, execute damage nerf out of the blue. That probably means Relentless will pull ahead of Sudden Death, RIP fun priority :(. I don't understand the class balance sometimes, I don't even think arms or fury were way ahead of the other classes (maybe AoE for arms, but Balance Druids and Enhance Shamans are just as ridic), mages are in a great spot but aren't touched. Why would they nerf this now and not during tuning, they just marked it for release...

Tacitus_

Demonbolt nerf too. Watch them forgetting to take out the PVP nerf that it already had if this goes live.

Also, there went the last competitive spec for warlocks. Oh well, at least I can be mediocre in a spec I enjoy.

Tarazet

So what exactly are engineers doing with their gearsprings? I have around 200 on my engi alt but looking at the AH on my server, crafted guns are only going for around 700g and goggles aren't much higher than that (1000g or so). Honestly not sure what I should be doing with my parts when the 100 mat crafted items are that cheap, seems like a waste of mats.

Don't forget that engineering makes bow/gun enhancements. Especially at each patch day, figure out what stat priority they're going to be pushing and make a bunch of attachments.

Man... I don't have a whole lot of faith in my guild downing Imp for a while. I've watched the fight but I'm scared of joining a random group and getting bitched at if I make a mistake since it's my first time doing him on normal (I've done the other six bosses). If there's anyone that could use some extra DPS in there next time, I'd be happy to exchange my battletag. (656 BM hunter, by the way)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Blizzard should really take out the cross realm crap on Isle of Giants. I spend more time looking for dinosaurs than actually fighting them.

M.D

Take it all with a grain of salt. The Xmog market has been in upheaval since the introduction of the salvage yard. Everything is worth less than it was before.

Yup
I was also looking at the wrong section as far as prices go, guess I need to look at global sales average since all the rest are prices that are posted on the ah, so if people post an item for x amount but no one buys it, it doesn't mean much

does anyone know how does the market value feature work as far as the sniper option goes? if I say look for item 20% of the market value, does it mean look for items that are sold for 20% of their market value?

Man... I don't have a whole lot of faith in my guild downing Imp for a while. I've watched the fight but I'm scared of joining a random group and getting bitched at if I make a mistake since it's my first time doing him on normal (I've done the other six bosses). If there's anyone that could use some extra DPS in there next time, I'd be happy to exchange my battletag. (656 BM hunter, by the way)

Have you tried it on LFR? I think there are slight differences in that fight vs normal/hc, but don't think its anything major? could be wrong tho

I don't think its a difficult fight on these difficulties playing as dps, but there are mechanics that change each phase that you need to be aware of so you won't get caught by surprise and fuck up because it has implications on all the other players in the raid

Just don't be dumb and step in a mine. Fight as ranged in a nutshell.
Heh. I'm usually good at not stepping in shit I'm not supposed to and getting out of the way but I'm also not perfect. When you don't play with people on a constant basis so they know how you play on average combined with being a hunter (and there are a lot of bad hunters out there), there's some choice words that can be said over a minor thing. I just wanna avoid that negativity considering no matter how many videos you watch, it's another thing actually getting the motions down.
Have you tried it on LFR? I think there are slight differences in that fight vs normal/hc, but don't think its anything major?
You need to be more alert and way tighter than LFR because it counts. There's no half-assed running around like a chicken with your head cut off. In other words, more teamwork.

Also, your disc priest is massively under performing, they should be up there with the paly in terms of healing done. I play disc so I can actually give him some detailed advice.
1) If he's going to tank heal, it's extremely important to keep borrowed time up. There's a bit of a rotation to it; PW:S-->Clarity of WillX2-->PW:S. It might be different for his haste value, but basically he'll want to figure out how many clarity of will casts you can get off before borrowed time falls off and you have to cast another shield to reactivate it. He only had 54% borrowed time up time, which is abysmal.
2) He should avoid using CoW unless absolutely necessary, word of mending is a 5% or more free healing boost on every fight.
3) Twist of fate has no effect on absorb healing, he should be speccing into power infusion. Use power infusion on CD, even at the start of a fight, although this isn't a hard rule.
4) He's not using archangel enough, more uptime on it is always better. Ideally, you want to have AA at 5 stacks every 30 seconds. This seldom happens though, however, it is still good to use AA on cd. After every AA it is also good to cast one prayer of healing. Tell him to avoid 'saving' AA for a specific moment, it's better used as an overall boost to healing.
5) Solace uptime was at about 11% which is low enough to make it not worth speccing into the talent, tell him to use mindbender(which will regen much more mana than he is currently regening and is also much easier to use), or to look up a weakaura that makes casting solace on CD easier. At a minimum, you want to aim for 50% solace uptime, with 70~80% being the ideal amount.
6) Stat priority for disc right now is Int>spirit>mastery>multi=haste>crit>>vers.

Thanks for that. Yeah, the disc priest was a friend of the guild we brought in for the easier fights last night. I can pass it along.

Atlantis

If possible, could you give any feedback? Thanks.

-First off, this Druid has a lot of Haste. She might want to consider changing her enchants out to Mastery instead. The conventional wisdom is that after a certain level of unbuffed Haste (around 1000 or so), Mastery will give you better returns. This should also help out her mana. If her mana issues are really bad, she should consider finding a replacement for her Shards of Nothing.

-She's using Soul of the Forest, but she only cast Swiftmend five times the entire fight, which is a huge loss of healing. She needs to take advantage of the powered up Rejuvenation and Wild Growth, or just switch to Tree of Life. Tree of Life is usually the "default" talent in this tier.

-Swiftmend is also a good way to keep your Mastery rolling. Her uptime isn't awful, but it should be as close to 100% as possible. Swiftmend has a lower cooldown than Harmony's duration, so it should almost never be falling off.

-Zero casts of Healing Touch with Glyphs of Healing Touch and Rejuvenation is obviously a complete waste. She should consider switching these Glyphs for more useful ones like Wild Growth, Rebirth, and Stampeding Roar. (Wild Growth + Regrowth + Stampeding Roar is my glyph setup for 99% of fights.)

-Like the other poster said, her healing from Tranquility is very low. She should definitely look to cast it two times on most fights. Make sure you're comparing raid size when you compare her HPS though. Tranquility is a HUGE chunk of Druid healing, and the HPS of the spell and the Druid raises dramatically with more raid members.

-On the subject of Regrowth, she should definitely NOT be taking it off her bars. Lifebloom ticks have a chance to give free Regrowths. It's also the go-to single target heal when glyphed. She'll probably have more casts of this than the average Resto Druid because of your small raid size.

-Once her mana is in a good spot, she should switch out Dream of Cenarius on most fights for Nature's Vigil. This is a fairly strong bump to healing on a very short cooldown, especially when combined with Tree of Life.

-(I'm going to stop adding to this, I swear!) She's only got two casts of Ironbark on an almost ten minute fight. The spell only has a one minute cooldown, she should use it liberally unless there's a specific mechanic to save it for.

Repo Man

Wanted to try healing so levelled up my priest which I consider my "2nd main" and been running normals now for 2 nights and fuck me what a mess... so many terrible tanks that make such utter rookie mistakes repeatedly regardless if I ask them not to or not. Shit like pulling groups while im still resurrecting a player or drinking, getting hit from behind a lot of the time which leads to them taking a ton of extra damage. not moving out of poison clouds, fire, lava, whatever... you get the idea.

Its getting to the point now where this game is almost turning into its own worst enemy, everyone wants better gear fast so you get assholes queuing up for dungeons in dps kits and no idea how to tank just so they can get into dungeons instantly. or at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

anyway... had to vent... far from being the best player myself and I've only just hit 100 but my patience is wearing thin as fuck and my game time is limited.

cdyhybrid

Wanted to try healing so levelled up my priest which I consider my "2nd main" and been running normals now for 2 nights and fuck me what a mess... so many terrible tanks that make such utter rookie mistakes repeatedly regardless if I ask them not to or not. Shit like pulling groups while im still resurrecting a player or drinking, getting hit from behind a lot of the time which leads to them taking a ton of extra damage. not moving out of poison clouds, fire, lava, whatever... you get the idea.

Its getting to the point now where this game is almost turning into its own worst enemy, everyone wants better gear fast so you get assholes queuing up for dungeons in dps kits and no idea how to tank just so they can get into dungeons instantly. or at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

anyway... had to vent... far from being the best player myself and I've only just hit 100 but my patience is wearing thin as fuck and my game time is limited.

Don't do normals. Do only Heroics.

Repo Man

Don't do normals. Do only Heroics.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what my stepson told me. He informed me of a theory that's floating about that the people doing normals are so shit at the game that they can't get into heroics which is far from ideal for people like me who have at least some clue as to how to play and just want to gear up.

I don't mind wiping, I really don't but wiping over stupid shit and individual mistakes repeatedly gets old fast.

ampere

Blizzard should really take out the cross realm crap on Isle of Giants. I spend more time looking for dinosaurs than actually fighting them.

Fixed : /

Mythic Blast Furnace seems to be a brick wall. That's oddly satisfying

It's probably like Spine of Deathwing plates, having to burn the Elementalists in a short time.

Honestly, it's probably pretty overtuned. Expecting nerfs either before or after top guilds kill it, but relatively soon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funnily enough, that's exactly what my stepson told me. He informed me of a theory that's floating about that the people doing normals are so shit at the game that they can't get into heroics which is far from ideal for people like me who have at least some clue as to how to play and just want to gear up.

I don't mind wiping, I really don't but wiping over stupid shit and individual mistakes repeatedly gets old fast.

It's no theory.

Atlantis

Speaking of leveling, finally got over that 1-10 level hump on an alt and now all my quest givers have been murdered in Azshara. >.< Totally killed my flow.

Renekton

-Swiftmend is also a good way to keep your Mastery rolling. Her uptime isn't awful, but it should be as close to 100% as possible. Swiftmend has a lower cooldown than Harmony's duration, so it should almost never be falling off.
Maybe it's best practice now but it does feel wasted if SM is spent for Mastery upkeep rather than emergency burst, assuming TOL instead of SOTF. It's instant yes but there's still GCD and OoC procs for regrowth to consider.

ampere

Maybe I'm ignorant about it... but what's the problem with cross-realm?

It generally makes resource or mob competition insanely high, compared to moderate which it was on my servers pre-CRZ.

Example, I can't kill any rares on Timeless Isle anymore, they get 1 shot instantly when they spawn, but during MoP I would have some time to get to them. Reason to care about that? Well I wanted to finish the Bigger Bag achievement

The cross realming tech is cool, but the way CRZ is tuned is unfortunate and not something I'm happy with.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It generally makes resource or mob competition insanely high, compared to moderate which it was on my servers pre-CRZ.

Example, I can't kill any rares on Timeless Isle anymore, they get 1 shot instantly when they spawn, but during MoP I would have some time to get to them. Reason to care about that? Well I wanted to finish the Bigger Bag achievement

The cross realming tech is cool, but the way CRZ is tuned is unfortunate and not something I'm happy with.

The thing about CRZ is its like you're constantly on a super-high pop realm all the time all hours of the day, whether you want to or not.

And being on a high-pop realm like Sargeras, there are pros and cons, like it always having a nice auction house economy and a wide variety of guilds to choose from.

But with CRZ, all you get is the cons. It really is a band-aid solution thats getting all shitty and the bandaid is old and more annoying than the scab underneath at this point.

What, you guys don't enjoy getting ganked by "Unknown" all the time? That dude is everywhere!

I'd prefer they just scrap CRZ altogether at this point. Seeing other people is nice, but not when they phase weird, and have names and such pop in and out, which seems to be a pretty constant problem for me.

If you need a group for something, use the group finder tool. Having that better integrated with, say, the quest UI would solve the no people problem a lot better than CRZ, I feel like.

Atlantis

Maybe it's best practice now but it does feel wasted if SM is spent for Mastery upkeep rather than emergency burst, assuming TOL instead of SOTF. It's instant yes but there's still GCD and OoC procs for regrowth to consider.

Oh sure, it's definitely the lazy man's way of keeping up the Mastery. OoC procs aren't reliable though, and I'd certainly rather "waste" a SM than ever let Harmony fall off.

ampere

The thing about CRZ is its like you're constantly on a super-high pop realm all the time all hours of the day, whether you want to or not.

And being on a high-pop realm like Sargeras, there are pros and cons, like it always having a nice auction house economy and a wide variety of guilds to choose from.

But with CRZ, all you get is the cons. It really is a band-aid solution thats getting all shitty and the bandaid is old and more annoying than the scab underneath at this point.

Sums it up.

I think now that they did connected realms they should undo CRZ, but they don't seem to have any plans for that.

M.D

I like messing around with the auction house now, gives me something to do when my guild is not raiding

Bought some expensive pet for 1.5k, sold it to someone from trade chat for 2k, then I realized I had Ashleaf Spriteling which I think is pretty rare

He had a Toria's Perseverance he didn't need, we traded and I sold it for 14.9k
Also bought some eyepatch transmog on the cheap and sold it for 1k, and bought Schematic: Flash Bomb which is worth around 2.5-3k on my server (even more on other servers) for 40 gold

I really need to learn all the tsm group functions to make better use of this addon, its pretty amazing even when I use its basic features

Oscar

GF convinced me to try Final Fantasy XIV. Despite the amazing graphics compared to WoW, there's just a certain charm to the Warcraft universe that pulls me in. The world in XIV just feels like a husk of something, it lacks flavor.

Safe to say I will not be playing XIV beyond this month's sub that I already paid for.

I understand Blizz likes to keep the graphics requirements low to be more accessible, but man I hope they do ramp up the graphics quality at least a little bit whenever they decide to develop a new MMO.

TheYanger

Eh, 14 shows exactly what it's a terrible idea though. limited area sizes because of memory concerns (especially on consoles), huge culling issues with the numbers of people that can be on screen (going as far as highly populated fates having the very mob you were trying toa ttack fading in and out of view because there was too much shit close to you).

ampere

Mythic blast furnace is worse than spine, the shit I'm hearing from people who are on it..

And I was dreading thogar progress

Nerfs inc I'm sure

Spine was stupidly tuned, although some top tier guilds did manage to kill it before the big tendon HP nerfs

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So, level 85 druid here who hasn't played even casually since the beginning of Cata (and used to raid a lot in BC and WotLK). I wanted to check out the changes to the game so downloaded the client and found that I had logged last (2.5yrs ago?) in Freeport which seems vacant of any players. Anyways, totally not sure where I should go or what I should do. Just want to level and see the new zones, changes to the old ones, etc. Any tips on where to go and how to get there?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Nerfs inc I'm sure

Spine was stupidly tuned, although some top tier guilds did manage to kill it before the big tendon HP nerfs

Speaking of Mythic Blast Furnace, Method managed to get the kill

I'll be damned, I somewhat expected Paragon to take the lead just like last time (Mythic HM).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a fan of Balance now compared to BC. Why'd they make my treants a talent? That was the most satisfying part. Feeling like a god leveling in BC as a Boomkin(compared to leveling other classes in BC) due to roots and if things got rough, popped your Treants and murdered everything.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not a fan of Balance now compared to BC. Why'd they make my treants a talent? That was the most satisfying part. Feeling like a god leveling in BC as a Boomkin(compared to leveling other classes in BC) due to roots and if things got rough, popped your Treants and murdered everything.

I leveled up my boomkin to 100, it really takes some getting used to the eclipse bar moving on its own. Not really a fan of the change.

Renekton

#Puglyfe: getting invited to Maiden/BF/Blackhand is quite the challenge. The ilvl reqs are higher than instance loot as RL hopes to entice overgeared people wanting 4pc. It doesn't help that rdruids are dime a dozen.

iSX50EC.jpg

Anyone? Even if someone could point me at a base/zone to start at that would be great.
edit2: sorry I derped

At 85 you get quest from your main town to board a ship to visit a strange new island to fight the horde/alliance (that would be Pandaria).

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So, level 85 druid here who hasn't played even casually since the beginning of Cata (and used to raid a lot in BC and WotLK). I wanted to check out the changes to the game so downloaded the client and found that I had logged last (2.5yrs ago?) in Freeport which seems vacant of any players. Anyways, totally not sure where I should go or what I should do. Just want to level and see the new zones, changes to the old ones, etc. Any tips on where to go and how to get there?

Anyone? Even if someone could point me at a base/zone to start at that would be great.

Top Bottom