• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I'm glad the Outland dungeons are insanely easy, because so many players are so terrible during them. Especially tanks for some reason.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Man, I'm glad the Outland dungeons are insanely easy, because so many players are so terrible during them. Especially tanks for some reason.

I'm still upset when I lost my exp boost pot's buff for my DK due to some players being incompetent in Blood Furnace (it was a few weeks ago).

I leveled up my boomkin to 100, it really takes some getting used to the eclipse bar moving on its own. Not really a fan of the change.

Well, on the plus side, boomchicken is the official flavor of the month.

I can't really say that I liked balance before 6.0, and I don't think its improved that much (except for doing more damage now). The bar moving on it's own doesn't seem that bad, but I do really wish moonfire and sunfire were still seperate.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you go through the trouble to farm that, you should really also go through the trouble to ask a friend to run you through dungeons.

Savitar

Hey folks I believe my mouse is in the process of dying so I want to get a replacement. Was wondering, what is a damn good mouse to have for WoW that is also very useable for overall computer use and maybe to be used in other games?

Anyone got any good suggestions?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last day for everyone to not get Love Rockets.
Hey folks I believe my mouse is in the process of dying so I want to get a replacement. Was wondering, what is a damn good mouse to have for WoW that is also very useable for overall computer use and maybe to be used in other games?

Naga's always a safe choice. I can't imagine playing without one at this point but if you don't use a lot of bindings, Deathadder is really durable.

Tarazet

Oh, it's those things, from the Timeless Isle.

I thought it was something you bought from the store.

I remember they had something like that on the store, dont know why they removed it.

I got one from salvage, so it's not removed completely. But you're not likely to actually get it.

ampere

Lunar Festival has begun. If you care about toys, this years adds Everlasting Horde Firework and Everlasting Alliance Firework. One costs 25 coins, but learning one automatically gives the other.

Personally I'm happy to be able to get those fireworks, but it's a bit shitty. They were a 1% drop rate from that super boring Theramore scenario at lv85 and so people farmed for them hard.

That seems to happen a lot with items though

Sorta off-topic, but how can I stream WoW from one PC to another? I'd like one rig to power the game and another (less powerful) computer to just act like a client - identical to the way you can stream Steam games. What's the best way?

Savitar

Last day for everyone to not get Love Rockets.

Naga's always a safe choice. I can't imagine playing without one at this point but if you don't use a lot of bindings, Deathadder is really durable.

Not a fan of Razer, everything I ever had from them has broken.

Be it headsets or mouse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've tried to mess with the group finder tool, and I do think it's useful for certain things like 5 man stuff, world bosses, etc. But I also think it has the exact same fault as OQ, it just makes me meet with constant failures. Maybe it's just my luck, but I think the way events are planned, the reputation/comment system and more on OpenRaid make my chances at succeeding much higher.

Trying to PUG my Ele shaman a way to a gear level that I can apply for a higher up guild because I don't want to be one of those 'Kara guild' equivalents and ending up having to leave.

ampere

Sorta off-topic, but how can I stream WoW from one PC to another? I'd like one rig to power the game and another (less powerful) computer to just act like a client - identical to the way you can stream Steam games. What's the best way?

Team viewer or some remote desktop software probably. There isn't any official way to do it afaik

TheYanger

I've tried to mess with the group finder tool, and I do think it's useful for certain things like 5 man stuff, world bosses, etc. But I also think it has the exact same fault as OQ, it just makes me meet with constant failures. Maybe it's just my luck, but I think the way events are planned, the reputation/comment system and more on OpenRaid make my chances at succeeding much higher.

Trying to PUG my Ele shaman a way to a gear level that I can apply for a higher up guild because I don't want to be one of those 'Kara guild' equivalents and ending up having to leave.

Openraid is always going to be 'better' purely because there is a reputation system in place. The in game browser is way better than OQ because it's adopted by everyone, but the average quality with openraid is surely better as you noted.

I have a Logitech Performance MX and absolutely love it. You can use set point to remap the 4 thumb buttons. I could literally play D3 without touching my keyboard. I tried the razr with the thumb buttons, but it was too clunky for me and the mouse was too small over all. The P MX fits my large hands very nicely and its super comfortable. You can get it from amazon for $60.

Also, FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU you stat squish. Blizz messed up the tuning with the bomb damage for Return to Sender acheiv in Niuzao Temple. I don't think ill be able to get it until the fix it, and its the last one I need for the Glory Meta. Im also surprised that I was able to do Glory to Ulduar 25 man in 1 sitting last night. I have no idea if I have the desire to mount farm for Mirims head though. Ulduar is fkn huge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU you stat squish. Blizz messed up the tuning with the bomb damage for Return to Sender acheiv in Niuzao Temple. I don't think ill be able to get it until the fix it, and its the last one I need for the Glory Meta. Im also surprised that I was able to do Glory to Ulduar 25 man in 1 sitting last night. I have no idea if I have the desire to mount farm for Mirims head though. Ulduar is fkn huge.

Rollin, rollin whatever one is that way too.

Rollin, rollin whatever one is that way too.

I did that one over the weekend. If you read the acheiv, you need to hit him 20 times, not give him 20 stacks. I let the debuff wear off at 6-7 stacks, then repeated. It was a bitch to solo at 98 cause I ran out of mana healing myself in enhance spec. Anyone that can actually heal can solo this without issue as he will have dick all of HP left.

Son1x

I did that one over the weekend. If you read the acheiv, you need to hit him 20 times, not give him 20 stacks. I let the debuff wear off at 6-7 stacks, then repeated. It was a bitch to solo at 98 cause I ran out of mana healing myself in enhance spec. Anyone that can actually heal can solo this without issue as he will have dick all of HP left.

Glyph of Flame Shock is incredible for old content.

Cmagus

Just started playing this a week ago as a shadow priest and so far it's pretty enjoyable. I hit 52 and I've been making my way through the story stuff and dungeons but I do have one question that has been confusing me a bit but is there a way to tell where the next story mission takes place?

I've looked around online but I can't seem to find anything that really answers that question. I just finished up the western plague lands and reported to the one general but then it was just like ok thanks and now I'm not really sure where to go there is no quests around to move forward. I checked the map and traveled to a few areas in my level range but nothing is there.

I think my next destination would be the burning steppe but I'm not sure. Does my overall level matter like will more stuff pop up at certain levels?

ZenaxPure

I think my next destination would be the burning steppe but I'm not sure. Does my overall level matter like will more stuff pop up at certain levels?

When you are done with a quest hub you will get a quest that takes you to another hub, if you don't it means you likely missed one of the quests in that area somewhere. But yes your level does determine if a quest will appear or not but typically it isn't a big deal nowadays.

If all else fails you can go to either Stormwind/Orgrimmar (depending on your faction) and there will be a huge board in the town a little bit after you enter the main gates that will give you a quest to go to the next level appropriate zone.

VinFTW

Even though I'm retired from racing US heroic (now mythic progression), it's still so entertaining following the world first race/mana flask.

Some juicy drama from Method happening right now.

#goparagon

Anybody else follow the WF race?

vocab

Even though I'm retired from racing US heroic (now mythic progression), it's still so entertaining following the world first race/mana flask.

#goparagon

I look at wowprogress and maybe read the last page of the mmochampion thread once a day. That's about it. It would be more exciting if we could watch the attempts, but instead all we gets is some screen caps with text from some irc channel like its fucking 2001. Boring.

I look at wowprogress and maybe read the last page of the mmochampion thread once a day. That's about it. It would be more exciting if we could watch the attempts, but instead all we gets is some screen caps with text from some irc channel like its fucking 2001. Boring.
Wait, you mean they're not Twitching that stuff? Five year olds are streaming Minecraft but they're not doing world firsts?

Atlantis

Guys, Warcraftlogs isn't reporting any healing from Beacon of Light from one of my guild's Holy Paladins.

Guys, guys.
80r9oHt.png

Cmagus

When you are done with a quest hub you will get a quest that takes you to another hub, if you don't it means you likely missed one of the quests in that area somewhere. But yes your level does determine if a quest will appear or not but typically it isn't a big deal nowadays.

If all else fails you can go to either Stormwind/Orgrimmar (depending on your faction) and there will be a huge board in the town a little bit after you enter the main gates that will give you a quest to go to the next level appropriate zone.

Thanks for the help. Turns out I was in the burning steppe and missed a small camp that had some starting quests.

ampere

#goparagon

Yeah, it's fun to follow but honestly it'd be weird if Paragon didn't win. They always win except for when they were banned for a week in Dragon Soul (they were dumb for doing the LFR exploit).

Kromog down phew. Getting to the really tough stuff though :(

Wow, grats. Ya'll are progressing very quickly

What drama? I don't see much info other than 7/10... 8/10... 9/10

Method's raid leader got kicked or quit according to the armory
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Kuznam/simple

ampere

They kicked one of their main tanks at the end of the Highmaul race too. World Firsts are serious business I guess :p

To be fair he was awful for a player at that level. Did not compare to Paragon's Prot Paladin at all.

Is Kungen still in business?

Yes http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/tarren-mill/Nihilum

And the tank that got kicked from Method is now Kungen's OT

edit:

Kungen is just... well people seem to watch him for entertainment, not because he's very competent.

See how he handled his lv60 hardcore Diablo barb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbSrhcEOoU

I think stream viewers were more traumatized than he was

Top Bottom