• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ampere

I don't know how you guys make money. I have various transmog greens that I post on the AH every week with TSM, somewhere around 100 pieces that sometimes sell, sometimes don't.

I have a hunter with maxxed out mining and Engineering. I can't seem to break the 10k bump, hes sitting at 5k gold right now.

Any suggestions?

The transmog greens market can be tough if you aren't on a high pop server. Even if you are I've heard it can take a lot of time to sell a particular piece.

I mostly make gold by not spending gold. Guild repairs are nice and I typically get all my gems/potions/flasks from my alts' professions so that I don't have to pay gold for them. Soloing old raids and vendoring boss loot makes good money, selling enchants, sometimes selling raid carries. And just gradually playing the game will make a lot of gold from looting mobs and doing quests if you don't have to spend gold on raid materials

I usually have a few hundred k gold, depending on if I have bought anything pricey lately. Been buying up the TCG pets recently

If I pre-order WoD, do I have to use the boost before it releases?

No. It might have an expiration, but you definitely have a little bit of time at least

Sothpaw

I remember reading that our equipped gear will change with our spec now? I did a quick google and the results were kinda vague. I always leveled my shaman as ele because it shared gear with resto. But it would be nice to level as enhance for a change and still be able to heal instances.

Shahadan

I wonder how bad it'll be for the first two hours. MoP launch was ok for me, the introduction quest truly shined with all the players in their planes gunning shit down. Felt like an army for once.
There were a few bugs/lags during it though so it took longer and was kinda frustrating at times, but once we stepped foot on pandaria everything was ok. Kinda smooth for a xpac launch.

I'm not too fond of the opening quest lines this time but I'm curious to see if all goes well or not.

erawsd

I remember reading that our equipped gear will change with our spec now? I did a quick google and the results were kinda vague. I always leveled my shaman as ele because it shared gear with resto. But it would be nice to level as enhance for a change and still be able to heal instances.

Armor will change. Weapons and Accessories will not.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

All armor that drops in WoD will be effective for anyone that uses that armor type, regardless of spec. All mail will have both agi and int, but you will only gain the benefit of the one your current spec uses.

mileS

I wonder how bad it'll be for the first two hours. MoP launch was ok for me, the introduction quest truly shined with all the players in their planes gunning shit down. Felt like an army for once.
There were a few bugs/lags during it though so it took longer and was kinda frustrating at times, but once we stepped foot on pandaria everything was ok. Kinda smooth for a xpac launch.

I'm not too fond of the opening quest lines this time but I'm curious to see if all goes well or not.

You should have bolded the part where you said me lol :p. Mop launch quest was one of the biggest failures ever for opening quests.
Vod3QYc.jpg

Shahadan

You should have bolded the part where you said me lol :p. Mop launch quest was one of the biggest failures ever for opening quests.

Well it was still hilarious. I got stuck at that part for an hour or so too, but I laughed far too much to consider it a bad memory :p
But I guess it was worse for some people.

I'm sure it will be the same for WoD, the final quest in Tanaan in particular. I can't see that going well :lol:

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Well it was still hilarious. I got stuck at that part for an hour or so too, but I laughed far too much to consider it a bad memory :p

I'm sure it will be the same for WoD, the final quest in Tanaan in particular. I can't see that going well :lol:
I assume you mean the quest where you have to defeat that gronn that is protecting the Worldbreaker. Yeah, that was a pain in the beta, hopefully they have worked out the kill credit issues.

Sothpaw

Ah cool thanks for the answers on the armor stats. Man my ghost wolf looks amazing now. Really excited to get back into some WoW.

Trickster

Vod3QYc.jpg

What the fuuuuuck lol

I didn't really have any issues during MoP launch either. Certainly nothing like that

Isn't the introduction area in WoD basically a solo scenario? At least that's what I heard

ampere

http://i.imgur.com/Vod3QYc.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Fortunately I missed the chaos since I leveled a Monk, but damn that must have been a really high pop server.

[quote="Shahadan, post: 138179371"]I'm sure it will be the same for WoD, the final quest in Tanaan in particular. I can't see that going well :lol:[/QUOTE]

There will be a few bottlenecks... there's a reason why leveling guides are all saying to turn in your 22 dailies after you get your Garrison hearthstone, you need to zone into Tanaan immediately and beat the rush.

[quote="Trickster, post: 138180292"]Isn't the introduction area in WoD basically a solo scenario? At least that's what I heard[/QUOTE]

No. Not at all

Shahadan

Rösti;138179731 said:
I assume you mean the quest where you have to defeat that gronn that is protecting the Worldbreaker. Yeah, that was a pain in the beta, hopefully they have worked out the kill credit issues.

I was more thinking about the next quest with the hundreds of orcs. I know, phasing and stuff, but still, considering the number of players I don't know how it will turn out.

But now that you mention it yes I was surprised the gronn and one orc guy before (iirc) were designed as a personal kill.
Also the feeling of the whole questline will be kinda screwed up by having hundreds of players running instead of fighting but I guess they don't care about that.

Isn't the introduction area in WoD basically a solo scenario? At least that's what I heard

Not really, there is a lot of phasing going on but you definitely see the other players doing their quests and stuff between those moments.

StayDead

Been farming Zul'farrak for days for this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=14954/bloodforged-shield

Still no drop. I have pretty much every other random green drop from this instance now. Why ;_;

Also people who put ridiculous prices on transmog items should be ashamed. I'm undercutting all of them to mess it up for them as I like transmog and want people to be able to do it easier. I wouldn't undercut on matts though.

ampere

Also people who put ridiculous prices on transmog items should be ashamed. I'm undercutting all of them to mess it up for them as I like transmog and want people to be able to do it easier. I wouldn't undercut on matts though.

???

It's a good gold making opportunity. Why should they be ashamed? Totally optional vanity items can cost a lot and that's fine

Hixx

What the fuuuuuck lol

I didn't really have any issues during MoP launch either. Certainly nothing like that

It's not solo. It was never too busy on the beta realms and all the quests you need to interact with are doable by everyone at the same time (burning huts or clicking things etc, no fighting over those) but there's a couple of quests in particular I think will be a bottleneck unless they were changed late on.

Minion101

Banned
Problem is someone will likely buy the item themselves and put it up for the price it sells for.

StayDead

Problem is someone will likely buy the item themselves and put it up for the price it sells for.

On my server people put it way above the point that it would sell, so they're just wasting their money if they buy it off me.

I watch the auctions and they put it up for an obscene price on very long and it never sells. I messaged one of them to see if I could get an item they had up for 1k for around 200G and they've agreed saying that they've been listing that same item for about 3 months, nobody ever pays their prices lol :p

mclem

I think the last reason not to is important - I'm sure your guild has recovered since the split, why threaten it again with what could potentially be some hostile reactions. I feel like if your guild is doing well and morale is up and everyone's excited for WoD and to raid and level, why bring the mood down by bringing someone back?

On the other hand, getting to Mythic and then not having the numbers to *do* Mythic...

That's the other aspect I'm playing with: We need to expand for long-term progress, and I'm not sure we're in a position to turn down opportunities to do so: This isn't the busiest of servers, and we're finding recruitment tough.

StMeph

Got the white hawkstrider and blue drake over the weekend... still no deathcharger.

3 days left to farm Baron and Cinderfall.

majorasmaskmoon.jpg

mclem

Ugh, the dailies on the temple of the white tiger has been broken for at least 2 days now, i tried submitting a ticket but with the wait doesn't really help with a daily. What happened, I remember tickets took hours at most on WotLK days.

How are they broken? If they're just not appearing, is it not simply that they're not the dailies for today?

CassSept

Is launch event still online? I think I'll resub tomorrow and start eating into Warlords content next week, right now real life and Binding of Isaac are devouring too much of my time :/

erawsd

So Druid will have Multi-spec gear now? how is this going to work?

Like this except with AGI
and INT.
402640.jpg

Only the primary stat changes. So when you are tank/kitty spec the agility is active, int disabled. When you are Resto/Moonkin the INT becomes active, AGI is disabled. Set bonuses will also change for your current spec.

mclem

Is launch event still online? I think I'll resub tomorrow and start eating into Warlords content next week, right now real life and Binding of Isaac are devouring too much of my time :/

I did it on Thursday. I imagine it's there up until the actual launch, but you might want to get it out of the way before the reset to make sure.

Godan

So at what point do I start to work on my item level?

Currently level 60 just now and done a few dungeons. Should I just wait till I hit level 90 before I start to try and change this?

StMeph

On the other hand, getting to Mythic and then not having the numbers to *do* Mythic...

There are arguments for both sides, since you've apparently let people back in before for other reasons, and I don't really believe in total democracy with regard to running a guild or organization, as there are ALWAYS disagreements and things get bogged down unnecessarily. I'm not suggesting total autocracy, but this is a decision you and your officers have to figure out and then inform the guild. If it's a matter of numbers, why not open up recruitment?

From past posts, it seems like your guild is a casual raiding guild, so I assume that community is more important than progression, if it comes down to a choice between the two.

EDIT:
So at what point do I start to work on my item level?

Currently level 60 just now and done a few dungeons. Should I just wait till I hit level 90 before I start to try and change this?

Unless you're twinking for a specific PvP bracket, there's no point in chasing ilevels before the level cap because all of that gear is eclipsed too quickly to matter. So even 90's not going to matter in a few days, you can worry about ilevels at 100.

ampere

Damn, I saw someone with Warlock Tier 3.

You could buy it off the BMAH pre-6.0.

I bought the Druid T3 gloves on my Monk for 10k and then realized I was looking at 60k or so more, minimum, to buy the rest of the set and gave up.

So Druid will have Multi-spec gear now? how is this going to work?

If a piece of gear is for head, shoulders, chest, wrists, hands, waist, legs or feet then the primary stat will change to suit your spec. This goes for all classes. Tier bonuses will adjust for your spec too.

So if you got some gloves as a Feral Cat and they have 200 agility, 100 mastery and 100 haste, and you swap specs to Resto, then they will have 200 intellect, 100 mastery and 100 haste.

Cloaks, necks, rings, trinkets, weapons and off hands will not change. You need spec specific gear. And spirit is healer only, and bonus armor is tank only.

Ostinatto

Like this except with AGI
and INT.
402640.jpg

Only the primary stat changes. So when you are tank/kitty spec the agility is active, int disabled. When you are Resto/Moonkin the INT becomes active, AGI is disabled. Set bonuses will also change for your current spec.

This is for PVP too?
this changes applies for prideful gear too at level 90?

ampere

Is launch event still online? I think I'll resub tomorrow and start eating into Warlords content next week

It's still available until midnight pst at launch. It takes ~30 minutes and is kind of boring, but there's a pet and limited time title. You can buy the pet on the AH.

right now real life and Binding of Isaac are devouring too much of my time :/

It's so good... probably the only game I'll be playing other than WoW this year.

This is for PVP too?

Yes

this changes applies for prideful gear too at level 90?

This only affects Warlords gear. Not your level 90 MoP gear.

Ostinatto

It's still available until midnight pst at launch. It takes ~30 minutes and is kind of boring, but there's a pet and limited time title. You can buy the pet on the AH.

It's so good... probably the only game I'll be playing other than WoW this year.

Yes

This only affects Warlords gear. Not your level 90 MoP gear.

You are a saint ;)

erawsd

Oh man I remember that. Tiers 2 through 5 were all amazing.

Yeah, I dont know what happened to tier design. They seem too focused on slapping on gaudy effects. The Shaman t17 is just two giant tornados in the shoulders, its one of the dumbest sets Ive ever seen.

Godan

Unless you're twinking for a specific PvP bracket, there's no point in chasing ilevels before the level cap because all of that gear is eclipsed too quickly to matter. So even 90's not going to matter in a few days, you can worry about ilevels at 100.

Thanks. Not really into PvP stuff. Well I guess i will have to get WoD then once I get to 90 then lol.

mclem

There are arguments for both sides, since you've apparently let people back in before for other reasons, and I don't really believe in total democracy with regard to running a guild or organization, as there are ALWAYS disagreements and things get bogged down unnecessarily. I'm not suggesting total autocracy, but this is a decision you and your officers have to figure out and then inform the guild. If it's a matter of numbers, why not open up recruitment?

We aren't particularly good at recruitment :). It's easy to blame the server, but I think there's also a bit of difficulty when it comes to advertising ourselves because we're, er, 'enthusiastically mediocre' :).

Recruitment is always open, basically, we just struggle to generate interest. Which is why I'm reluctant to just turn this opportunity down out of hand; it's not the sort of prospect that comes up very often.

From past posts, it seems like your guild is a casual raiding guild, so I assume that community is more important than progression, if it comes down to a choice between the two.

The amount of times I've had discussions based around that choice!

It's not exactly casual, but it does skew a bit older and so a bit more understanding of people's real life influences - which in turn does hold us back a bit, but it works for us. I wouldn't call us anything like hardcore, though, so... maybe?

I think consistency of events is the most important thing, which is easier to do with Flex available, but on the other hand when we run out of the various Flexible options, things'll get problematic. What I fear is people jumping ship to other guilds because we can't put together a Mythic group; reaching the end of what we can offer them, and being unable to go further.

Boogdud

Well, if beta was any indication... Hell at one time literally everyone that was leveling was stuck on that last quest, for multiple days until it was fixed.

CassSept

Haha yeah, I probably would have been hyped as all hell for WoD right now if Rebirth didn't come out last week, it just destroyed my want to play any other game in the nearest future.... I can't seem to care about WoW, Smash U, finishing Earthbound, nothing, it's weird.

Jag

There will be a few bottlenecks... there's a reason why leveling guides are all saying to turn in your 22 dailies after you get your Garrison hearthstone, you need to zone into Tanaan immediately and beat the rush.

I'm losing dailies too. My quest log lost a full day of Skywall faction dailies. I'm wondering if it happens when I go to get the next day dailies for the same faction? Maybe you can only hold 1 day of dailies per faction.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don't know how you guys make money. I have various transmog greens that I post on the AH every week with TSM, somewhere around 100 pieces that sometimes sell, sometimes don't.

I have a hunter with maxxed out mining and Engineering. I can't seem to break the 10k bump, hes sitting at 5k gold right now.

Any suggestions?

I have a lot of alts. Cata 25 Heroic raids give around 130g per boss. I use the new group finder and run DS and FL each week on a few characters. Takes 20-30 minutes to do a run and you make over 1k gold, plus some cool transmogs/mounts.
Also older instances can drop lots of cloth and stuff to sell. I can run an instance like Grim Batol in 10 minutes and net around 700g profit. I have made 30k this past month not playing much just doing older content.
Damn, I saw someone with Warlock Tier 3.

My lock had full T3, but my account was hacked during TBC. The gold farmer sold all my tier stuff and the GM didn't restore any of it :(

My lock had full T3, but my account was hacked during TBC. The gold farmer sold all my tier stuff and the GM didn't restore any of it :(

Ouch. I got robe, gloves, hat, belt, and shoulders from BMAH. Regret not getting shoes. Other three (legs, wrists, and ring) don't show. Got nearly full T0 through T16 now.

StMeph

Ouch. I got robe, gloves, hat, belt, and shoulders from BMAH. Regret not getting shoes. Other three (legs, wrists, and ring) don't show. Got nearly full T0 through T16 now.

Does the ring even show up on BMAH? And it was removed from the rotation after 6.0?

GG now I'll never get Dreadnaught on DK.

mclem

I thought there was going to be a new BMAH in WoD?

I've got quite a lot of my set, although I don't actually recall which bits I'm missing. It's not much, though - it could probably pass for the full set from a cursory examination.

Top Bottom