• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Does the ring even show up on BMAH? And it was removed from the rotation after 6.0?

GG now I'll never get Dreadnaught on DK.
Pretty sure I saw the ring. BMAH is coming back, just not sure T3 will be rotated out or not. What makes me sad is T0 pants still missing (heirlooms don't count as they don't have the set bonus listed).

ampere

I'm losing dailies too. My quest log lost a full day of Skywall faction dailies. I'm wondering if it happens when I go to get the next day dailies for the same faction? Maybe you can only hold 1 day of dailies per faction.

Some daily hubs will reset your quests if you didn't turn them in. I think Thunder Isle/Shado-Pan/Klaxxi are all safe.

Tacitus_

GODDAMMIT BLIZZARD

NJIGmYp.png

5 normals and 2 mythic axes now.

cdyhybrid

I'm planning on sleeping early Wednesday afternoon, and waking up at midnight and busting out the levels as soon as Warlords goes live. I'll make a shitload of coffee and just go all the way up to/through work (I work from home).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am hopeful that when I log on thursday night it won't be too crazy, since the midnight launchers and folks who stayed home that day will already be well passed tanaan/frostfire. My memory is fuzzy but I don't remember having any issues in Jade Forest on the day Mists launched after getting home from work.

I am pumped. Early mists was a largely solo endeavor for me as most of my WoW buddies skipped mists at launch and only got into it later. This time everyone is ready to rock out the gate, this weekend should be full of heroic dungeons and ashran silliness. Can't wait!

Fjordson

I am hopeful that when I log on thursday night it won't be too crazy, since the midnight launchers and folks who stayed home that day will already be well passed tanaan/frostfire. My memory is fuzzy but I don't remember having any issues in Jade Forest on the day Mists launched after getting home from work.

I am pumped. Early mists was a largely solo endeavor for me as most of my WoW buddies skipped mists at launch and only got into it later. This time everyone is ready to rock out the gate, this weekend should be full of heroic dungeons and ashran silliness. Can't wait!
I don't remember too many problems with Mists. My server is high pop so there was lag and some hiccups, but I remember playing for hours on launch night just fine.

There will be a few bottlenecks... there's a reason why leveling guides are all saying to turn in your 22 dailies after you get your Garrison hearthstone, you need to zone into Tanaan immediately and beat the rush.

Hmm. Will have to think about that.

In other news, my Stormspire/Consortium payment finally went through today, so I have access to their paid forums/guides. Nothing of particular value I've looked at so far, but that doesn't mean there won't be something early in WoD that's good. The full-fledged guide they have is outdated (5.4), and didn't really contain anything I didn't already know. Might have some stuff of note once it gets updated for WoD. I think the private forums will be more useful though once WoD starts to get into full swing, especially during the first few critical days/weeks.

Also, I now have 40 minutes of pure crafting to go though. *sigh*

vocab

Guild leadership dilemma time!

Early in Cataclysm, there was a bit of a schism in the guild. A bunch of people broke away and formed another guild. This hurt us significantly at the time - forced us back into 10s when we were doing okay in 25s. It caused some bad blood, and there's a few people who've opined that they never want any of those people back.

Fast forward to now, and yep, one wants back in.

Reasons to take them back:

+ It's been three or four years. I find it hard to resent someone for more than a few days at most.
+ They are a very good player.
+ They gave us first refusal on taking them back, when there's better guilds who'd grab them straight away.
+ We've taken back other people who've left; this just happened to be the biggest, most notable split.

Reasons not to:

- Fear of it happening again (The person in question appeared to be a ringleader at the time, but denies it now; it's possible we got the wrong impression in the confusion)
- My lack of resentment is partially due to the fact that in such situations, I tend to blame myself rather than the disruptive parties. That might be affecting my opinion on the matter.
- Some people *do* carry grudges. And what I'm not clear on if it's a grudge to the extent of leaving the guild over it.

I think the right thing to do is let bygones be bygones and give them a fair chance, but on the other hand, doing the right thing could feasibly hurt us more.
Don't. Look for other people.

Ultratech

Pretty sure I saw the ring. BMAH is coming back, just not sure T3 will be rotated out or not. What makes me sad is T0 pants still missing (heirlooms don't count as they don't have the set bonus listed).

Had to look this up to be sure, but the Rings haven't appeared in the BMAH.

There's not much point anyways.

Almost anyone going after T3 gear is doing it for Transmog.

Plus, the T3 stuff was still showing up in the Beta, so you're safe there.

On that subject though, here's a short list of NEW stuff to appear on it come WoD:

-More Mounts (mostly Pandaria rare boss drops, old ZG mounts, old TCG mounts)
-More Pets (mostly Pandaria rare boss drops and more TCG stuff)
-High-level gear (Raid gear up to Mythic, PvP Gear, etc.)
-Grimoire of the Four Winds - Teaches an alt flying in Pandaria...if you feel like spending 10k+ on it for some reason.
-More shirts and tabards - Not as if you had enough of these!
-Kor'kron Shaman's Treasure - Should RNG totally shit on you in SoO.

StayDead

I wish flying/speed was BoA because having to buy flying in Pandaria for herbalism this close to me never coming back here on this character is annoying.

EDIT: infact, nvm I won't bother :p

Fjordson

Anyone know if Blizz is changing the Pandaria world bosses at all? Like Sha and Galleon? Hoping they leave them be, I need those mounts!

cdyhybrid

Just gonna sit in Tol Barad today. Already finished my other daily stuff and I'm 76 Commendations away from finishing it forever (or until I go back for the pets anyway) not counting the dailies I can do today. I can just get actual work done between battles :p

Jag

Some daily hubs will reset your quests if you didn't turn them in. I think Thunder Isle/Shado-Pan/Klaxxi are all safe.

Thanks. I didn't know that. Have Thunder Isle/Shado-Pan and Klaxxi done. I guess I'll see if Skywall resets tomorrow.

Anyone know if the portals in the Shrine are staying? My guess is no, based on other expansions, but I don't remember Blizz saying anything. From the little time I spent in Beta, there will be no reason to be at the shrine. SW will be your starting base until you get a garrison.

Blitzhex

People with WoD beta insight, what healer would be best to play in WoD heroic 10 man raids, resto druid or disc(pref)/holy priest? I can't decide between the two. I would like to play the class that can pump the most HPS and would have no trouble in heroic 5 mans as well.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I've come to a sad conclusion:

This will be the first WoW expansion that I don't buy.

I quit playing over a year ago not because I found the game boring but because I wanted to start playing other games and getting some variety, and I just wasn't spending enough time with WoW to make it worth the $12.99 / mo that I was paying. I recently got a free week from Blizzard by email so I've been toying around Azeroth again for the past week, and there are many improvements. The game is still damn fun, and I love it, and I'd love to play it for a few hours per week again casually, BUT a few hours a week is not worth $156 per year to me, plus $40 for a new expansion. It's just not.

If the game went F2P or even had the monthly rate reduced substantially then hell yeah I'd be playing again in a second. I'd love to just casually do pet battles and quest everywhere trying to get Loremaster, I've never minded missing out on content simply because I don't have the time to do everything in game. The investment just isn't worth it to me anymore. And that saddens me, as I've bought and played every expansion so far. Some I've played sparingly (Cata), others I've played hundreds of hours in. Ten years ago I was a better than average raider pushing into the likes of MC, BWL, and all the Burning Crusade raids. As the game evolved I switched to a more casual style of play, and gradually slowed down so much as to justify cancelling my subscription.

It's not that I don't want Warlords of Draenor, it's just that I can't justify the expense of playing it nor the time required to make that expense worth it.

And that makes me a bit melancholy. :(

I quit playing over a year ago not because I found the game boring but because I wanted to start playing other games and getting some variety, and I just wasn't spending enough time with WoW to make it worth the $12.99 / mo that I was paying. I recently got a free week from Blizzard by email so I've been toying around Azeroth again for the past week, and there are many improvements. The game is still damn fun, and I love it, and I'd love to play it for a few hours per week again casually, BUT a few hours a week is not worth $156 per year to me, plus $40 for a new expansion. It's just not.

If the game went F2P or even had the monthly rate reduced substantially then hell yeah I'd be playing again in a second. I'd love to just casually do pet battles and quest everywhere trying to get Loremaster, I've never minded missing out on content simply because I don't have the time to do everything in game. The investment just isn't worth it to me anymore. And that saddens me, as I've bought and played every expansion so far. Some I've played sparingly (Cata), others I've played hundreds of hours in. Ten years ago I was a better than average raider pushing into the likes of MC, BWL, and all the Burning Crusade raids. As the game evolved I switched to a more casual style of play, and gradually slowed down so much as to justify cancelling my subscription.

It's not that I don't want Warlords of Draenor, it's just that I can't justify the expense of playing it nor the time required to make that expense worth it.

And that makes me a bit melancholy. :(

:console:

10 years of doing anything is a long timeof doing it for anyone.

It's been 3 years I've played and I still feel it.

StMeph

There's not much in terms of getting a deal on the expansion pack itself, but it's fairly easy to get sub time cheaply. Paid $50 for 6 months, so $8.33 per month.

Shahadan

I still don't understand why people feel forced to sign up for a whole year.

Just do 1 or 3 months for the expansion and see from there.

StMeph

I still don't understand why people feel forced to sign up for a whole year.

Just do 1 or 3 months for the expansion and see from there.

And yeah, this too. Just quit whenever you want to stop or run out of stuff to do. Re-sub when there's enough content patches to make it compelling again. Wait for another expansion if necessary and just do WoD + next expansion together. There's no reason to maintain a sub or turn WoW into a chore BECAUSE REASONS.

Shahadan

And yeah, this too. Just quit whenever you want to stop or run out of stuff to do. Re-sub when there's enough content patches to make it compelling again. Wait for another expansion if necessary and just do WoD + next expansion together. There's no reason to maintain a sub or turn WoW into a chore BECAUSE REASONS.

Yeah I do it that way. I rarely play more than 2-3 months at a time and just come back whenever I feel like it or a interesting patch drops.
MoP was an exception since patches came fast, but I've probably never been playing a whole year, much less paying for it.

Play what you want, quit when you want, and come back when you want. What's the obligation.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
There's not much in terms of getting a deal on the expansion pack itself, but it's fairly easy to get sub time cheaply. Paid $50 for 6 months, so $8.33 per month.

How exactly? That sounds like a great deal. I'm in the US by the way...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Do you only get the new character models if you get WoD? The new art looks much more cohesive with the continuing evolution of the signature Blizzard look across all their franchises.

ampere

nah nah nah man, we literally skip levels now, or at least did for 70-80. The new dungeon exp revision makes it so we got like 600k exp at the end, making us hit like 77 and then instantly ding 78 right away. It's crazy.

Ballin'

I might have to dual-box RAF again sometime. Always amusing to take two prot paladins and just massacre dungeons

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Interesting. I may jump in on the normal version, as it's pretty cheap, I need it first anyway, and I'd have no idea how to play and worried about screwing up a lvl90 build in my terrible ignorance of gameplay flow.

ampere

Interesting. I may jump in on the normal version, as it's pretty cheap, I need it first anyway, and I'd have no idea how to play and worried about screwing up a lvl90 build in my terrible ignorance of gameplay flow.

You can't really screw up a level 90, but I agree if you are just starting go for the standard battle chest and have fun!

Don't be worried about doing stuff right or wrong for awhile. Obviously if you want to raid or pvp at the level cap that's stuff you can research, but the game is very fun to just get lost in as a beginner.

You can change your 'build' anytime for next nothing so you shouldn't worry about that.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

You are not prepared.

Raxious

Lol, friend of mine returns to WoW after a few months. Immediately goes into Firelands and gets Flametalon of Alysrazor.

Why does that never happen to me?

Anyway, I decided to jump back in today as well. I was wondering if we can still get that lvl 90 after WoD launches. I currently don't have the money to buy it :(

StMeph

I have no clue which character to main, i got a shaman, warrior, monk and a paladin!! What the heck do i pick, feeling strong feelings towards the paladin and shaman though

I'm honestly kind of surprised so many people aren't sure what to level first. Do that man people switch mains between each expansion? I've always just had a main, and everyone else is an alt, and even alts have priorities.

Anyway, I decided to jump back in today as well. I was wondering if we can still get that lvl 90 after WoD launches. I currently don't have the money to buy it :(

If you're referring to the boost, the boost will be available when you want to use it. It's also available as a paid character service, so I imagine it's like a free (or $10) version of that that comes with each box of WoD.

Sothpaw

Yea I switched from priest at launch to a shaman in 2007 and have only played my shaman since then. Just too busy with career/life to play another class. I can imagine now is a great time to switch classes though. For me it's a no go because I don't want to regrind trade skills, buy all the flying mount training, etc.

Builds heh. You can't screw anything up in WoW, just enjoy. Read the sticky to learn how to play your class on the class forum and you're golden.

vocab

For me it's a no go because I don't want to regrind trade skills, buy all the flying mount training, etc.

Trade skills have zero combat perks, and flying is chump change. Playing multiple classes is pretty easy as long as you learn it. Playing them in raid though is another challenge.

I'm honestly kind of surprised so many people aren't sure what to level first. Do that man people switch mains between each expansion? I've always just had a main, and everyone else is an alt, and even alts have priorities.

If ele is flat bottom (come highmaul), and not really worth a shit in a raid, I'm switching asap. I don't have a main, because I can't main one class. Also, I would never main a shaman for everything. They are fucking terrible mechanically in pvp, and just not fun when it comes to solo content. I will most likely play shaman, monk, dk, and druid. I have a 90 lock, and I doubt ill ever play it. If I level a warrior or priest to 100 I might throw them in the rotation at one point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish they would go ahead and make flight paths account wide once you hit max level. I remember there being a 'bug' once that made it that way, and I was real bummed out when Blizzard decided to fix it.

Sothpaw

Trade skills have zero combat perks, and flying is chump change.

Oh yea? What am I looking at for all the flying feats nowadays? 6k or so? That used to be a chunk of change but maybe things have changed. For the tradeskills I just like having max herb/alch but admittedly that's less important than flying.

Would the new character get the mounts I have on my shaman?

Another thing is flightpaths, portals, stuff like that has me thinking it would not be the best idea. But I am fairly happy with my shaman anyway.

vocab

Oh yea? What am I looking at for all the flying feats nowadays? 6k or so? That used to be a chunk of change but maybe things have changed. For the tradeskills I just like having max herb/alch but admittedly that's less important than flying.

Would the new character get the mounts I have on my shaman?

Well you don't need mop flying anymore so you can just toss that.

Tradeskills can be leveled in wod from level 1. No need to ah grind.

Yes, your new characters can use the mounts unless they are profession/pvp based.

Sothpaw

Well you don't need mop flying anymore so you can just toss that.

Yes, your new characters can use the mounts unless they are profession/pvp based.

Thanks that's good info to give to my buddy who will also be returning after a few years off. I'll probably stick with my shaman bc I am so comfortable with the class.

vocab

All of them? Maybe I will finally pick up some useful professions and become self-sufficient

Yes, and you can make high level recipes from level 1 except like the toppest of the top tier ones.

Top Bottom