• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

So I did this week's Tanaan Garrison Campaign on the PTR.

Had to slaughter Bleeding Hollow orcs til I had 8 bits of a map.
Then that map led to someone who was killing them all. Spoiler:
It was Ariok
Then we had to delve into a cave and ended up spying on a Super Secret conversation between Kilrogg and Gul'dan. Gul'dan is looking for a
cipher
The reward was 650 gloves, the ones that can be upgraded to 695 for 20,000 Apexis.

RPGCrazied

Apparently you can fly in Draenor if you're a Battle.net Launcher promotional ad.

QgHRXYH.png

They sure do like to pour salt into the wound. I don't see why they can't compromise with pro fliers. I really don't see the problem in letting us fly at max level and paying a fee. I do agree with new content should be no flying, but when its old, why hell not?

Won

Too bad they don't fly in Draenor in the actual Mythic Runesaber trailer. If you troll your customers, you better go all out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They sure do like to pour salt into the wound. I don't see why they can't compromise with pro fliers. I really don't see the problem in letting us fly at max level and paying a fee. I do agree with new content should be no flying, but when its old, why hell not?

If there were theoretically things to do at 100 the same thing would apply to their reasoning as leveling.

In fact the only time you can level and fly was cataclysm anyway, so they're mostly talking about max level stuff.

It definitely trivialized MoP dailies.

Tacitus_

If there were theoretically things to do at 100 the same thing would apply to their reasoning as leveling.

In fact the only time you can level and fly was cataclysm anyway, so they're mostly talking about max level stuff.

It definitely trivialized MoP dailies.

As much as I hate saying this, they could just implement the air guards from TBC if they wanted to restrict some places to no-flying.

...fucking skettis birds dazing me off my mount....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate saying this, they could just implement the air guards from TBC if they wanted to restrict some places to no-flying.

I mean, they had some of those in MoP as well. Those asshole dwarves near the whatever alliance karasang landing

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nope. They said they hated how it turned out and have basically ripped most the 'hero' elements out of the class due to class homogenizing. Plus starting at level 1 is a more convincing way to sell boosts.

What sort of class do you think will be next, if any?

I agree about the starting at level 70 bit, but the Death Knight class in general I enjoy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What sort of class do you think will be next, if any?

I agree about the starting at level 70 bit, but the Death Knight class in general I enjoy.

I guarantee a new race(s) instead of a new class if they add something because they'll need something new for new players(since new models was the excuse for WoD.) for the next expansion and it's much easier to balance around racials(lol like blizzard even tries) than to balance around classes. Way more abilities to worry about and even the Monk, which has a strong and unique healing and tanking spec, has a fairly boring DPS spec that feels a little too same-y to the rogue(although I find it better except for the lack of stealth)

If they do classes, I'd much prefer they go deeper with specializations aesthetics instead. Maybe not drastically changing how they play but changing the look and lore of a specialized hunter. Switching something like a Survival tree or whatever to a Shadow Hunter that fires ~magic~ arrows(that's really just explosive shot) and drops weird wards instead of traps. That way it's more just looks and more customization options without adding more abilities. Though I'd like some new abilities as well.

Ultratech

Oh god, those goddamn Skettis birds...those weren't fun. Especially when they decided to chase you.

Same for the Krasarang guards; at least those you could fly really low and it wasn't too bad unless you flew headfirst into a ton of guys.

I guarantee a new race(s) instead of a new class if they add something because they'll need something new for new players(since new models was the excuse for WoD.) for the next expansion and it's much easier to balance around racials(lol like blizzard even tries) than to balance around classes. Way more abilities to worry about and even the Monk, which has a strong and unique healing and tanking spec, has a fairly boring DPS spec that feels a little too same-y to the rogue(although I find it better except for the lack of stealth)

If they do classes, I'd much prefer they go deeper with specializations aesthetics instead. Maybe not drastically changing how they play but changing the look and lore of a specialized hunter. Switching something like a Survival tree or whatever to a Shadow Hunter that fires ~magic~ arrows(that's really just explosive shot) and drops weird wards instead of traps. That way it's more just looks and more customization options without adding more abilities. Though I'd like some new abilities as well.

Agreed. I doubt they'd do another class because of the balancing they'd have to do.
Another race sounds much more likely.

As for the Shadow Hunter stuff you mentioned, it sounds like something Blizz would shove off to a Glyph (or make it a class quest like Green Fire for locks).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Hmm. When you put it that way it does sound much more likely that they'll go with a race instead.

Renekton

No, I don't think so. 40-25 man raiding didn't lose them subs. At the tim of the raiding change the overall state of the game was sound. They were getting more people into content, not less. This is something else entirely. The game is in a poor state and people are losing their shit because of it.
We do not know what causes sub loss unless we take a real poll.

It could be flying, it could be a combination of things from pvp to balance to content, it could be the game aging.

ZenaxPure

We do not know what causes sub loss unless we take a real poll.

It could be flying, it could be a combination of things from pvp to balance to content, it could be the game aging.

Well lucky for us we don't have to pick just one thing. Warlords absolutely failed at nearly every aspect of the game so there is a plethora of things big and small you can pick as the various reasons for people dropping their sub.

Realistically it's probably everything you listed plus soooo much more.

phierce

I haven't bothered playing on PTR this go around...I'm only going off what I've read. Is it true that Felblight can only be obtained through mining, herbing, skinning and fishing? No other method?

I know the barn doesn't produce it. I'm okay with that.

Just wanting some clarification.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't bothered playing on PTR this go around...I'm only going off what I've read. Is it true that Felblight can only be obtained through mining, herbing, skinning and fishing? No other method?

It seems that way. It can be bought off AH as well.

Robin64

Hah. One of the steps of the Legendary questline in 6.2 is this naval mission from your Garrison:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/mission=633/to-farahlon

"Archmage Khadgar has requested an expedition be sent out to discover Farahlon and retrieve a priceless magical artifact."

Everyone gets to go except us. :(

Edit: I wonder if I can get caught up with that line if I resub now and just LFR Foundry each week until 6.2. I have ~300 of the 900 stones needed right now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/status/602157807983468544
@OccupyGStreet We miss you dearly GC. @WatcherDev and his team are alienating @Warcraft players with their hubris. @BlizzardWatch

lmfao. At least when ghostcrawler was there some of the vitriol was aimed in the general right direction. Ever since the Polygon interview where that poopy site named him "Lead Designer" instead of "Lead Raid Designer", I swear to god I see people everywhere blaming him for just about everything they don't like about WoD, regardless on whether he worked on it or not. This is like blaming Holinka for no-flying or something.

Sometimes I think if it were up to me, I'd do the opposite of what some of these idiots say just to spite them in their stupidity.

Well lucky for us we don't have to pick just one thing. Warlords absolutely failed at nearly every aspect of the game so there is a plethora of things big and small you can pick as the various reasons for people dropping their sub.

Realistically it's probably everything you listed plus soooo much more.

Agreed.

I saw this post on Reddit and it pretty much sums up how i feel about ALL of this:

The biggest problem with this expansion as a generalization, and its evident in the No Flying vs Flying debate, is a general lack of compromise on any hot topics in WoW.

You have a ~20+ page post about the Legendary Ring on the Forums predominantly disliking its design. However, still some people like it. Some people want it to stay the same simply because "It makes all of these nerds mad", loose quote from that thread. Instead of finding a compromise to deliver to both sides at least SOME satisfaction, that ring will probably just be implemented as is.

The Flying vs No flying is the same thing. Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle were pretty substantial design successes. Personally, I like being able to kill people when I want to which is why I dont want flying. However, it's not a big deal one way or another. Why can't Apexis Daily areas, Elite Quest Area's, Garrison Campaign Area's, Tanaan Jungle be no flying and everywhere else be Flying? Or just SOME compromise to appeal to both sides. The kick to the balls are their reasoning's to all of this, they want the world to be "Dangerous". Okay, great. I want that too. It doesn't change the fact that the world is NOT dangerous. It doesn't change the fact that leaving your Garrison is generally only done to raid. Wanting the world to be dangerous, and the current Warlords of Draenor world being dangerous are not synonymous things. Blizzard failed at making WoD a dangerous world. Don't use a failed design as an excuse to retain a design idea that you personally want. It just makes Blizzard look stubborn and incompetent.

And thats what it comes down to. Blizzard has just been stubbornly doing whatever they want. I mean, it's their game so they CAN do whatever they want and you can't really argue against it at that point. It doesn't change the fact that by developing and progressing the game in this fashion just makes it feel like the player's are having their faces spat in. "It's our game, we do what we want." Is what it feels like right now.

Anyone who remembers the talent overhauls in Vanilla, the PVP and PVE changes in BC, the class changes from expansion to expansion up to about Wrath will remember how progressive the game felt. Player's used to use the forums to discuss class idea's and often the Blue's would come in and give feedback to them about it. Spell Reflect was proposed in Vanilla and became a thing in BC. Death Grip was actually a player proposed idea for Paladins to give them a flavorful Gap Closer. Something Different from Charge/Sprint. There used to be this feeling of feedback being relevant. Now I see the 50+ page State of the Game post and I have no confidence in Blizzard working with player's to deliver quality content anymore. Ashran is the pinnacle of an example of player feedback being largely underutilized and instead just doing something random. I will not forget the face Holinka and Lore made when someone asked "Why would we do Ashran when we can just get the same amount of points from a single 2's game." and their response to it was "Well, you have to do Ashran to cap."

Seriously, go watch it. They look like they had never said it out loud before and it finally dawned on them how stupid of an idea that is.

TheYanger

Yeah it WAS the barn, but they rightly realized the barn was too important and gathering was useless, so they flipped that.

EDIT: That reddit post is bunk, his explanation of why flying should exist is basically 'garrisons ruin it' which might be true, but flying not existing makes 100% sense. If this xpac didn't have garrisons his entire argument shifts to nothing. Ashran sucks, but the rest of it is just fluff. Would love to see some indication that players thought up Spell Reflect or Death Grip beyond some random one off post some guy made, which I'm sure there exist for nearly every ability that has ever been added to the game.

CassSept

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/status/602157807983468544

lmfao. At least when ghostcrawler was there some of the vitriol was aimed in the general right direction. Ever since the Polygon interview where that poopy site named him "Lead Designer" instead of "Lead Raid Designer", I swear to god I see people everywhere blaming him for just about everything they don't like about WoD, regardless on whether he worked on it or not. This is like blaming Holinka for no-flying or something.

Sometimes I think if it were up to me, I'd do the opposite of what some of these idiots say just to spite them in their stupidity.

Have you forgotten how Ghostcrawler was blamed for everything wrong with WoW for years? Sigh. People need a villain, a single person to pin everything wrong with X, with Gcrawler gone the masses needed someone to latch onto and Watcher was unfortunate enough to take his place.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
At this point I'm looking forward to the next xpac reveal just to see what the fuck they are even planning. After virtually everything in WoD turned out fairly disappointing or lackluster in some way, what direction are they looking to take things? We know that they claim that they have expansion core concepts and ideas locked down as soon as the previous one launches, but it also clearly seems like they end up having to scrap and rebuild large parts of that design after the initial reveal. And although Blizz PR would never admit it, I am sure they recognize that they had some substantial failings with how many of their design choices played out in WoD, which could of course cause them to reevaluate what they have planned for the next expansion.

The setting itself has to matter, too. A big part of why WoD caused subs to swell up again was because it was a setting and world people were interested in. It appealed to oldschool fans of Warcraft 1/2, people who have "best gaem evar" nostalgia for Burning Crusade, people who just didn't like Mists because "lolkungfupanda", and of course everyone else who remained playing throughout mists. Where can they go from here to try and recapture some of that lost momentum? People clamoring for things like the Emerald Dream or south seas/ocean-based expansions always seem like a vocal minority to me, and I can't see either of those things having nearly the mass appeal that a trip to Draenor did.

New races and classes certainly help to bring people back. It's fun to have something new to mess with. From my point of view, a new class would be the best/most logical choice for the next expansion, because the model revamp of WoD made it a "race" expansion, so we are due for a "class" expansion. Depending on the setting of the next xpac and how the end of WoD leads into it, we could finally be seeing Demon Hunter, which would definitely be a big draw for people. The only problem there is that everyone seems to be expecting the next class to be mail for the sake of armor parity, and WoW-universe Demon Hunters have always been pretty much entirely unarmored. I guess They could always have a lore development with a new breed/class of Demon Hunter, though. Who knows.

It's going to be a long road of speculation till Blizzcon, that's for sure.

Yeah it WAS the barn, but they rightly realized the barn was too important and gathering was useless, so they flipped that.

EDIT: That reddit post is bunk, his explanation of why flying should exist is basically 'garrisons ruin it' which might be true, but flying not existing makes 100% sense. If this xpac didn't have garrisons his entire argument shifts to nothing. Ashran sucks, but the rest of it is just fluff. Would love to see some indication that players thought up Spell Reflect or Death Grip beyond some random one off post some guy made, which I'm sure there exist for nearly every ability that has ever been added to the game.

I think you missed the point on that one, Yanger. The lack of compromise with the player base is the PROBLEM. I'm sure the feedback they get is really all over the place, but they have the analytical data to look through and the idea that no flight is designed to get people out into the world and to make it feel more dangerous is bullshit. And they know it because they have the data showing people sitting in their garrisons and not going out into the world. Restricting flight is the epitome of lazy design. The guy is like "Oh, well, no flying makes the world feel more dangerous!" You know what makes the world feel less dangerous? Raid gear. Are we going to take that away too out in the open world just to hit some sort of design standard Blizz wants to hit? You know, the one where we go through a shit ton of mobs to get to the objective because that's just how we should do it? That's just lazy design. If they were concerned with people just flying to an objective to open a cage or something like that, then put the key to the cage on the mobs. That way people have to engage in the world in a way that Blizzard wants but doesn't compromise the ability to fly. Problem solved. Keeping flying would mean blizzard would have to continue to evolve how they address the world and the objectives in that world, and rather than trying to do that they seem to be throwing up their collective hands and saying "We're going to take away flying because it makes things easier on us!". This is from the same company that used to say "We won't ship it until it's done." yet we got an expansion that has fallen short of pretty much every expectation that's been placed on it.

The jaded part of me feels like this is being done as a cost cutting effort for future expansions. Without flying Blizzard can basically replace huge chunks of land in future expansions with 2-D sprites without structure and different sky boxes. Just like how they did in Vanilla. Blizzard, despite having the wealth of a small country coming in every month has not been able to speed up their expansion cycle.They have continued to say for years they want to speed up production of expansions, and not having to fully render the entire world so you don't see the seams of it could potentially save them lots of time. The only way you'd see those seams is flying over them. If they take flying away, this isn't a problem.

Again, that's the jaded part of me, I could be completely off, but it seems really odd to me that flying is now this "problem" that needs to be solved when it hasn't been an issue for 4 expansions. Either some cost cutting measures are coming into play and that's the reason for no flying or they simply don't feel like their player base's feedback is important because they want to design the game in a very specific and rigid way. Regardless of which it is, both ways don't mean anything good for the game, in my opinion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There is absolutely no way they will go back to making the game without flying in mind. They made Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, and WoD with flying in mind. To revert back to that would most likely be LESS efficient since they've been training their staff on how to make the world as a complete 3D environment since 2005.

Besides the fact that it leaves room for exploiting and errors, having to watch flight paths and breaking all sorts of consistency, they're also not the type to close options available to them. If they suddenly want to put flying back in, they will be able to.

There is absolutely no way they will go back to making the game without flying in mind. They made Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, and WoD with flying in mind. To revert back to that would most likely be LESS efficient since they've been training their staff on how to make the world as a complete 3D environment since 2005.

Besides the fact that it leaves room for exploiting and errors, having to watch flight paths and breaking all sorts of consistency, they're also not the type to close options available to them. If they suddenly want to put flying back in, they will be able to.

They did it in vanilla. That's why every flight path worked the way it did.

And if making content with flying in mind is the goal, then why take it away in the first place? It's to cut corners in some way, whether that's via quest design or world design. They have a way they want people to play and there's no compromise on that part, and I think that's the core of the problem that exists now. Flying or no flying is just a part of it.

ZenaxPure

The setting itself has to matter, too. A big part of why WoD caused subs to swell up again was because it was a setting and world people were interested in.

I honestly don't buy this at all. You are looking past other important things and putting too much focus on the setting. For starters the game was marketed way harder than previous expansions, stuff like the axe in the taxi and the dumbass websites they made are not things they did for MoP or Cata. Last time they really had a big marketing push for WoW was the celeb commercials in Wrath. Then we have our good friend the level 90 boost. That could have easily been a huge draw for people who had not played the game in a long time (or ever as I know a few of those personally). The ability to just jump right into the current expansion when you pay the money for it was a smart choice on blizz's part. Also lastly if we are just talking sub numbers Warlords only managed to get back to where Mists started. For all we know a large part of those subs could have simply been people who played through mists but got bored during the 14 months there was nothing new to do and came back when a new expansion came out.

Point is there are just any number of reasons that could have lead to what happened to the subs at the end of MoP (that lead to the rise). Saying the setting is a big reason is something you can't really prove when there are so many other variables in the mix. Personally I don't buy it at all.

TheYanger

I think you missed the point on that one, Yanger. The lack of compromise with the player base is the PROBLEM. I'm sure the feedback they get is really all over the place, but they have the analytical data to look through and the idea that no flight is designed to get people out into the world and to make it feel more dangerous is bullshit. And they know it because they have the data showing people sitting in their garrisons and not going out into the world. Restricting flight is the epitome of lazy design. The guy is like "Oh, well, no flying makes the world feel more dangerous!" You know what makes the world feel less dangerous? Raid gear. Are we going to take that away too out in the open world just to hit some sort of design standard Blizz wants to hit? You know, the one where we go through a shit ton of mobs to get to the objective because that's just how we should do it? That's just lazy design. If they were concerned with people just flying to an objective to open a cage or something like that, then put the key to the cage on the mobs. That way people have to engage in the world in a way that Blizzard wants but doesn't compromise the ability to fly. Problem solved. Keeping flying would mean blizzard would have to continue to evolve how they address the world and the objectives in that world, and rather than trying to do that they seem to be throwing up their collective hands and saying "We're going to take away flying because it makes things easier on us!". This is from the same company that used to say "We won't ship it until it's done." yet we got an expansion that has fallen short of pretty much every expectation that's been placed on it.

The jaded part of me feels like this is being done as a cost cutting effort for future expansions. Without flying Blizzard can basically replace huge chunks of land in future expansions with 2-D sprites without structure and different sky boxes. Just like how they did in Vanilla. Blizzard, despite having the wealth of a small country coming in every month has not been able to speed up their expansion cycle.They have continued to say for years they want to speed up production of expansions, and not having to fully render the entire world so you don't see the seams of it could potentially save them lots of time. The only way you'd see those seams is flying over them. If they take flying away, this isn't a problem.

Again, that's the jaded part of me, I could be completely off, but it seems really odd to me that flying is now this "problem" that needs to be solved when it hasn't been an issue for 4 expansions. Either some cost cutting measures are coming into play and that's the reason for no flying or they simply don't feel like their player base's feedback is important because they want to design the game in a very specific and rigid way. Regardless of which it is, both ways don't mean anything good for the game, in my opinion.
No, I'm saying the compromise is the same. The reddit post has no real content of validity imo. The only difference? Whether you think flying needs to be in or not. Our whatever other issue is a hot button with an individual. The game was never designed by committee.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Personally I don't buy it at all.

People stop playing WoW and come back to WoW for all sorts of reasons. People who played Mists for the bulk of it and unsubbed during the content drought were probably going to come back for WoD regardless, because at that point you just want more, new Warcraft. All evidence is anecdotal since we don't have anything concrete other than sub numbers themselves, but I know at least from my experience there were people who barely played Mists at all and were excited to come back for Draenor because it looked cooler/better/"more warcraft-y"/etc, despite the fact that Mists was by and large one of the better expansions when it comes to overall strength and availability of content. It's fine that you don't think setting is as much of a factor as I might, but it absolutely is a factor. It's the first thing you see about a new expansion when Blizzard releases a teaser video to try and get people excited for a reason.

ZenaxPure

It's fine that you don't think setting is as much of a factor as I might, but it absolutely is a factor.

I'm not disagreeing with that, I just think it is only a small factor.

I mostly don't think it's a "big" factor because if it was I'd expect the Warorcs of Orcnor expansion to draw in a bigger crowd than Mists did yet the subs for both were basically the same at launch. Doesn't seem like the interest in Orcs is that big in that case based on numbers alone.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This annoyed me when I first saw the PTR drop a few weeks ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...g-Feedback-Blue-Posts-Vanilla-Servers-DLC-490

The demons all have updated models, but they're not applied to Warlock pets. I had a bad feeling about that for some reason when I saw that.

A lot of people are saying its a good thing, warlocks dont need more shit after the green fire quest. But that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It's not like...warlocks are the only ones that get to look at them, it's not like Hunters dont get new pets every expansion. Boomkins need the update just as much as the demon models though, and should totally have an update with the player models.

The only reason I can see them holding back on it is because there is a few models missing, but honestly it wouldnt' bother me if I was allowed to get even half of them. Unless they're actually holding them back so people don't all jump on Warlock or try to say warlocks are getting too much favoritism.

This also is making me believe that the next expansion is going to be Burning Legion focused in some way, very heavily. Why go through the trouble of re-modeling all these demons if it was just for Trash in HFC, and not even applied to Warlock pets?

Well this finally happened today:

fXmTOLY.jpg

Now comes the annoying/expensive part.

No luck on first Firelands run for mounts. We'll see how the rest of my characters do though. Maybe it'll be a good week!

This annoyed me when I first saw the PTR drop a few weeks ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...g-Feedback-Blue-Posts-Vanilla-Servers-DLC-490

The demons all have updated models, but they're not applied to Warlock pets. I had a bad feeling about that for some reason when I saw that.

A lot of people are saying its a good thing, warlocks dont need more shit after the green fire quest. But that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. It's not like...warlocks are the only ones that get to look at them, it's not like Hunters dont get new pets every expansion. Boomkins need the update just as much as the demon models though, and should totally have an update with the player models.

The only reason I can see them holding back on it is because there is a few models missing, but honestly it wouldnt' bother me if I was allowed to get even half of them. Unless they're actually holding them back so people don't all jump on Warlock or try to say warlocks are getting too much favoritism.

This also is making me believe that the next expansion is going to be Burning Legion focused in some way, very heavily. Why go through the trouble of re-modeling all these demons if it was just for Trash in HFC, and not even applied to Warlock pets?

Have you seen the patch notes for Demonology locks for 6.2??? We are getting shit on like no other. Updating our pet models would at least soften the blow a bit. It really feels like blizz is taking the collective balls of every Demo lock, kicking them, smashing them in a vice, ripping them off, then forcing them down our throats.

Oh well, Im leveling an EZ mode hunter right now and have a fire mage and enhance shaman if the nerfs are too bad.

ampere

This is probably it. I would be shocked if those never get implemented as the player pet models

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Have you seen the patch notes for Demonology locks for 6.2??? We are getting shit on like no other. Updating our pet models would at least soften the blow a bit. It really feels like blizz is taking the collective balls of every Demo lock, kicking them, smashing them in a vice, ripping them off, then forcing them down our throats.

Oh well, Im leveling an EZ mode hunter right now and have a fire mage and enhance shaman if the nerfs are too bad.

Actually there's still hope: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/374240-elemental-still-no-real-response/

We have not yet done a final numerical class/spec balance pass. Many of initial changes in the first PTR patch notes were aimed at correcting stat weighting imbalances. Feedback isn't being ignored; it's just being supplemented with lots of useful data from PTR testing that we're continuing to gather, and then numbers tweaks will follow.

But uh...I actually hate demonology. I can't do DPS for shit with it. I don't have the 2 set or even 4 set though, so I don't have the extra hands of guldan or whatever. I can do more damage as afflic then Demo at the moment. =p

Not only am I stupid enough to be a warlock, I'm the stupid warlock spec. lol.

Anoregon

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

I loved Demo in pretty much every xpac it existed in (so, BC onward) but liked it the least in WoD. I ended up kind of glad they nerfed Demonbolt because I found the playstyle kind of shitty, as it totally monopolized the functionality of metamorphosis. The fact that the Hellfire 4p is so rad makes me want to play it (assuming I resub for 6.2, which I'm sure I will since I have a token) but the nerf business makes me sad.

Purdy

I still can't get over how shit Invincible looks five years later, its that retarded horse but a reskin/colour. After finally getting mine back in the day I didn't even use it, god it sucks.

Mimiron's head on the other hand, now that is special. Although I guess that whole raid was the peak.

Actually there's still hope: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/374240-elemental-still-no-real-response/

But uh...I actually hate demonology. I can't do DPS for shit with it. I don't have the 2 set or even 4 set though, so I don't have the extra hands of guldan or whatever. I can do more damage as afflic then Demo at the moment. =p

Not only am I stupid enough to be a warlock, I'm the stupid warlock spec. lol.

Demo is a bitch to play, which is why I like it. I was in a brfN pug with a new lock. Somehow, he managed to already have 4pc (I cant even get 2...). We had a similar ilvl, but I was out dpsing him on single target and aoe. Im at 675 and do upper 20s on single target and 32 or so for aoe/cleave.

I switch over to destroy and my dps tanks into the low 20s. I have no idea why. I raided as destroy in MoP, so I know how to play the spec.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Demo is a bitch to play, which is why I like it. I was in a brfN pug with a new lock. Somehow, he managed to already have 4pc (I cant even get 2...). We had a similar ilvl, but I was out dpsing him on single target and aoe. Im at 675 and do upper 20s on single target and 32 or so for aoe/cleave.

I switch over to destroy and my dps tanks into the low 20s. I have no idea why. I raided as destroy in MoP, so I know how to play the spec.

That is...that is just not true. It's the exact opposite if anything.

Demo is the easiest spec to play, it's ridiculous.

Raiding in general isn't about how well you can do rotations or play your class anymore, it's the mechanics and like...timing your abilities.

I still can't get over how shit Invincible looks five years later, its that retarded horse but a reskin/colour. After finally getting mine back in the day I didn't even use it, god it sucks.

Mimiron's head on the other hand, now that is special. Although I guess that whole raid was the peak.

Hah, I'm the exact opposite. Mimiron's Head is some ridiculously goofy retarded shit, especially from the front, and fuck Yogg-0 forever (title's nice though!). Meanwhile Invincible is amazing/special and getting it from HLK was pretty much the peak of raiding in WoW for me.

Purdy

Hah, I'm the exact opposite. Mimiron's Head is some ridiculously goofy retarded shit, especially from the front, and fuck Yogg-0 forever (title's nice though!). Meanwhile Invincible is amazing/special and getting it from HLK was pretty much the peak of raiding in WoW for me.

Doing LK HC was also the peak for me, I came late to Ulduar after a break so when I finally did Yogg+0 and Mimiron HM it didn't seem all that although I suspect those two would've been on par. (Think we lost server first by a week or so, was a pretty massive kick in the balls when you've had daft wipes to defile and up pops 'blah blah server first lich king' :( )

The horse doesn't even look big enough to hold Arthas in that armour for christ sake.

Robin64

Made the 4/4 2H axe, then saw it was cheaper in 6.2. Maybe should've waited. Oh well, not like I'm ever going to need Savage Blood again.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Doing LK HC was also the peak for me, I came late to Ulduar after a break so when I finally did Yogg+0 and Mimiron HM it didn't seem all that although I suspect those two would've been on par. (Think we lost server first by a week or so, was a pretty massive kick in the balls when you've had daft wipes to defile and up pops 'blah blah server first lich king' :( )

The horse doesn't even look big enough to hold Arthas in that armour for christ sake.

Yeah it's like a gryphon skeleton with the model of a horse, it's fucked. But I think it's cool just cause it was THE mount when I was playin.

Top Bottom