• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I think it has a fairly low drop rate iirc. I remember it being my least favorite part to get when I was crafting mine.

Yeah, it's extremely low drop rate from the Molten Destroyers only. You can reset the trash to farm em, but good luck.

And this group finder trick is totally legit. Guess I can add Ulduar back into my rotation now since I'll only have to kill Yogg and/or clear it only once fully each week instead of for each character.

Yeah, it's extremely low drop rate from the Molten Destroyers only. You can reset the trash to farm em, but good luck.

And this group finder trick is totally legit. Guess I can add Ulduar back into my rotation now since I'll only have to kill Yogg and/or clear it only once fully each week instead of for each character.

That's the one I just used. I'm a little confused on it though. I farmed up to Lich King with my hunter, switched to my monk and gave him the lockout. If I kill the LK with my hunter will I lose the lockout on my monk since my hunter is the guy who had the original lockout? My goal is to leave the lockout on my monk, who I never play.

That's the one I just used. I'm a little confused on it though. I farmed up to Lich King with my hunter, switched to my monk and gave him the lockout. If I kill the LK with my hunter will I lose the lockout on my monk since my hunter is the guy who had the original lockout? My goal is to leave the lockout on my monk, who I never play.

I dunno about switching the lockouts like that - I think you might have to actually kill a boss to be able to extend a save. For ICC this week I did my Hunter clear to Lich King, passed her lockout around, then went back and killed it. Since I don't have a character I don't plan to use that can easily clear ICC otherwise. For Ulduar though, I took my shitty Druid in through Yogg, passed his lockout around, but didn't clear on him (not sure if I could even easily kill Yogg on him anyway - some of the other bosses took ages). I know I can extend on him now, and farm with 5+ other characters.

ICC is short enough to do once fully each week the way I have it now anyway with the glider skip. Ulduar is a different story.

And sometimes you have to mess about with resetting/changing difficulties to get the right lockout to stick - occasionally it would try and put me in the defeated lockouts.

No luck this week though besides my incoming Thunderfury. Still have Onyxia and maybe Tempest Keep to work on, but I finished my main runs of Firelands, ICC, and Ulduar now. I should do Dragon Soul, but I can really only do it on one, two characters tops and it's annoying.

Even at 90 it probably won't be hard to clear up to LC on normal with almost anybody. I'm going to see what I can do so I have the lockout on a characters I don't give a shit about and then pass it around. Does invincible drop on normal or just heroic?

You guys were not kidding about these harrison jones dailies. Jesus fucking christ. Been waiting almost 2 weeks on two of them to pop up.

Invincible is 25 Heroic only. And it takes about 540-560 iLvl minimum to clear it (tried with lower level/worse geared characters and it's too hard otherwise). So your characters either have to be around 96+ or have gear from Heroic SoO or you'll likely find it too difficult.

The non-100s I'm doing it on right now are both 96, one is Heroic SoO geared and could clear it at 90 (Warlock), the other is a Rogue that has just enough gear from leveling. You also need to make sure you have a ranged ability of some sort to deal with the ice orbs or you'll get knocked into spaceeeeeeeeeeeee. Things like Thunderclap, Spinning Crane Kick, Fan of Knives, etc. work for classes that aren't typically ranged.

I'm officially over 50 Onyxia kills without her mount now. 40%+ chance. Surely one of these days I'll get a mount
salty.gif

I'm officially over 50 Onyxia kills without her mount now. 40%+ chance. Surely one of these days I'll get a mount
salty.gif

How does that work? The addon "Rarity" keeps telling me I have different percentage chances at different mounts, but surely I have a 1-2% (or whatever the drop rate is) chance every time I run it?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How does that work? The addon "Rarity" keeps telling me I have different percentage chances at different mounts, but surely I have a 1-2% (or whatever the drop rate is) chance every time I run it?

It's always that 1-2% chance drop per attempt, and that will never improve, but you will have an overall % likelihood to have got the drop based on attempts. So like, the chances that someone will have received a 1% drop item after 100 kills of that boss is somewhere around 70%. After 1000 kills your chances of having looted the item are over 99%, but that doesn't mean your 1001 kill has a 99% chance of dropping the item.

lazygecko

Are there some special prerequisites to be met to make Ragnaros spawn in Heroic Firelands? Because he wouldn't spawn when I tried today. Tried re-entering the instance, relogging, etc without anything happening. Then I switched from Heroic to Normal and he showed up.

Annoyingly enough the raid instance had changed back to normal mode somehow when I entered it (after I double checked that Heroic difficulty was ticked) and I only noticed after killing 2 bosses in normal mode, so it might have something to do with that. The way this game behaves sometimes just pisses me off.

Invincible is 25 Heroic only. And it takes about 540-560 iLvl minimum to clear it (tried with lower level/worse geared characters and it's too hard otherwise). So your characters either have to be around 96+ or have gear from Heroic SoO or you'll likely find it too difficult.

The non-100s I'm doing it on right now are both 96, one is Heroic SoO geared and could clear it at 90 (Warlock), the other is a Rogue that has just enough gear from leveling. You also need to make sure you have a ranged ability of some sort to deal with the ice orbs or you'll get knocked into spaceeeeeeeeeeeee. Things like Thunderclap, Spinning Crane Kick, Fan of Knives, etc. work for classes that aren't typically ranged.

It'll be interesting trying to do this with a mage and a rogue. I normally just stand with my back to the thrown and get bounced up the stairs. lol

Does the LFG lock out trick work in firelands and Dragon Soul as well? Is Rag's mount heroic only or normal as well?

StMeph

Are there some special prerequisites to be met to make Ragnaros spawn in Heroic Firelands? Because he wouldn't spawn when I tried today. Tried re-entering the instance, relogging, etc without anything happening. Then I switched from Heroic to Normal and he showed up.

Annoyingly enough the raid instance had changed back to normal mode somehow when I entered it (after I double checked that Heroic difficulty was ticked) and I only noticed after killing 2 bosses in normal mode, so it might have something to do with that. The way this game behaves sometimes just pisses me off.

Have to kill all prior bosses in Heroic mode to get H Rag, from what I remember.

lazygecko

What is this leather working tent thing and how have i not heard of it or have it

If you put a leatherworking follower assistant in your garrison tannery you can make tents through leather and place them anywhere you like. There's an insane amount of variants available. They also don't share any universal cooldown between being placed, so you can have several different kinds in your bags and then just spam them all over the place.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
If you put a leatherworking follower assistant in your garrison tannery you can make tents through leather and place them anywhere you like. There's an insane amount of variants available. They also don't share any universal cooldown between being placed, so you can have several different kinds in your bags and then just spam them all over the place.

that would explain it since i dont know if i have a LW assistant at the moment. ill have to look into it. thanks

Adaren

Pretty much. People have this weird idea that ground mounts replaced flying mounts in WoD. That's not really what happened at all, flight paths have replaced flying mounts, and flight paths suck shit. The few times I leave my garrison to go and do something in Draenor itself (which nowadays is mostly just triggering my weekly botani invasion) I spend more time on a flight path than I do on my ground mount.

The logic just doesn't make any sense. If they actually wanted people on the ground they'd remove all forms of flying, not just the one you had manual control over.

1. Remove flying mounts.
2. Give players a reason to actually move around the world, forcing them to do so on the ground and introducing all sorts of dangers and discoveries that wouldn't have happened if they could fly anywhere at will.

WoD just missed number 2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think one of their main reason for not wanting flying mounts, which they mentioned a couple of times, is that they don't like people just skipping over a camp of bad guys for the main objective located in the main building/cave/whatever. They want people to actually fight their way through the base.

I think one of their main reason for not wanting flying mounts, which they mentioned a couple of times, is that they don't like people just skipping over a camp of bad guys for the main objective located in the main building/cave/whatever. They want people to actually fight their way through the base.

Well that's where the criticism of them being lazy comes from. If they wanted to make it so you had to fight through mobs, you could still have flying and just put a key or some sort of item that activates the thing in the cave/building/whatever. Removing flying because they want you to have to churn through mobs really isn't a good enough reason when there are alternatives that do not eliminate flying but still create the developer's end goal.

I've got a 2k gold Blingtron's Secret Vault incoming in a few hours
mozz_shopkeep.gif

My poor Monk is still Garrison Resource starved as hell though.

By the way, how long do the Harrison Jones dailies take to complete? They seemed involved.

ZenaxPure

By the way, how long do the Harrison Jones dailies take to complete? They seemed involved.

It's fairly random. A couple of the quest chains are really short but then you have something like the Frostfire quest where you have to run all over the entire stupid zone which is boring. The quests don't have any random elements though, so once you do them for the first time each time after that you can just breeze through them.

Tacitus_

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/601525761363816448

I'd just like to point out this...gaffe here. I don't really want to crucify him for what could be something misspoken but..

He says fixing the modern game. What's wrong with the modern game blizzard? I thought WoD was the biggest bestest expansion yet, and 6.2 is the best one so far? Why does the game need to be fixed if we all spent 50 dollars on it?

IMO seeing how popular uh "theoretical" vanilla servers seem to be, I would say there is at least some demand.
Sure, there's definitely interest, even internally. We just don't think there's enough to offset the costs. (CM_Lore)
Personally, I'd 100% expect it to be something almost everyone just pokes at for a week or two and then drops. (CM_Lore)
Not really an effective use of time for devs who could be working on any number of features for the live game. (CM_Lore)
Speaking for myself, I'd love to go back and poke at classic. I just don't think I'd play it for long. (CM_Lore)
Or, the devs could just 'go back to the core roots', as it were. Yep, especially the class designs, every class used to be fun, but in WoD.
If that's the case, I think we'd rather focus on fixing the modern game. (CM_Lore)

He's just saying that if they think vanilla was better and modern is broken, that's one more reason they're not going to drop resources on vanilla servers.

Guys I'm new to this whole garrison thingie. So I wonder what good are all these work orders? I mean I get free ore and some herbs (My main is Druid with skinning and mining as it was ok money maker back in the days).

I also have enchanting hut or whatever it is called so I can dissenchant my stuff. In any case what can I do with all those herbs and ore? And what do work orders give me?

Please excuse me for my ignorance!

Arkhanor

With the right building for your profession, you can level them up fast and craft purple items - at least with blacksmith this is true. Other materials that you don't need, you might sell them on the AH.

They tried this with Vanilla zones. It sucked. See: Vanilla Silithus. They managed to creatively generate interest in staying grounded for important objectives from Wrath to Mists, and the treasure hunt in WoD was fun for what few rewards you could reap. But now a lot of small, other things that generated interest in the world have lost all their appeal: Pet battles, outdoor resource gathering, Archaeology, etc. Nobody wants to have to fight their way to every objective. I thought they had something going there with Nagrand's elites and walled off subzones but ultimately they underestimated their own userbase and the entire zone is a brainless kill zone in service of an unrewarding reputation grind.

Robin64

Man, was flying around Silithus mining Thorium nodes and was hit with a huge wave of nostalgia. Just remember the AQ gates opening and looking at the places that were once packed with people, now all empty. ;_;

Outside of the AQ gates event Silithus was a huge, empty zone full of dangerous mobs and bullshit. Silithyst runs oh boy. Maybe ten quests in the whole fucking zone joy of joys. What fun, encrypted twilight text and silithid husk rep grinding. Oh you mean I can grind Hydraxian Waterlords very very very fucking slowly in the northwest, too? Meanwhile everything is level 61-62 and elite. By far the worst vanilla zone.

Silithus wqs my least liked vanilla zone too. ↑

I was thinking of resubbing to try wod enhance/fury but the mere thought of garrisons is depressing.

So I started thinking 'you know what I'll just avoid the garrison' but the thought of hanging out in warspear is even more depressing.

Silithus wqs my least liked vanilla zone too. ↑

I was thinking of resubbing to try wod enhance/fury but the mere thought of garrisons is depressing.

So in started thinking 'you know what I'll just avoid the garrison' but the thought of hanging out in warspear is even more depressing.

If 6.2 comes out next month it will probably represent my last 3 subbed months of WoW for a year or more.

JSoup

Banned
Being that I pretty much just login to set up garrison stuffs then log out, I'm thinking of buying another month of FF14 till 6.2 lands. No since paying for nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd consider signing up for WoW again if they did a progression server, but then I remember what Vanilla was really like...

Robin64

How did you not get DC-ed into a server queue D:

RP server, not very big, just big enough :)

What does getting to 200 Silithyst in Silithus do anyway? Obviously nobody does it anymore. When I was there, it was at 6/200 for Alliance and 2/200 for Horde.

Edit: looooooool. According to Wowhead, it only gives a zone wide buff of 25% extra Cenarion Circle rep. For anyone under level 63.

5th fucking time in 8 fucking days we get "The thunderlord sage" from Harrison Jones. God damn, blizzard can eat a fucking dick on this RNG BULLSHIT.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'd consider signing up for WoW again if they did a progression server, but then I remember what Vanilla was really like...

Thought like that too, loaded up a classic server and it was fucking amazing. Just leveling all slow and dumb and dying all the time was more fun than leveling 11 characters to 100.

It's also taking longer to get to level 30 than it did to get to level 1100.

StMeph

Thought like that too, loaded up a classic server and it was fucking amazing. Just leveling all slow and dumb and dying all the time was more fun than leveling 11 characters to 100.

It's also taking longer to get to level 30 than it did to get to level 1100.

If Blizzard did create new vanilla/classic servers (like EQ), I wonder how many people would do it just to chase Scarab Lord/Black Qiraji mount.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If Blizzard did create new vanilla/classic servers (like EQ), I wonder how many people would do it just to chase Scarab Lord/Black Qiraji mount.

It changed my opinion on when people say "They want the new talent system back"

Slowly leveling and getting corruption to go from a 5 second cast to instant cast via talents is something that's cool, and it's fun while leveling.

But, the talent system at max level is still stupid. You end up taking 90% of the same talents to become the spec you want and just change the small few talents, which ends up being identical to the system we have today.

The solution to this problem is pretty obvious: Give leveling perks 1-100 instead of 90-100. Every few levels your spells change in some way and get better, obviously not every single spell but you can get a haste buff or a crit buff every few levels to make the ones that are static feel different anyway.

But this would require them paying attention to the game pre-90 and now that the boost is a thing, I feel rather paranoid to say this but I think they'd rather discourage people leveling up and try to make buying a boost as appealing as possible.

Entropia

No One Remembers

That would be a bit of a conundrum. A LOT of people would want that and it would ruin a bit of the 'mystique' around that title and mount.

Proposition:
Have these 'classic' servers, 3-5 of them, in their own pool. They wouldn't have any ties to your 'current' servers. So any achievements earned (i.e. Scarab Lord) would not be available on your characters that you would play in current content. Let's face it: There was a FUCK TON of drama with the Scarab Lord stuff.

JesseZao

I know! Blizzard makes WoW2 and in WoW2 you can control your OG wow characters like pet battles in WoW. They can remake the game from the ground up and keep people from feeling they lost all progress from their wow days.

EmiPrime

That would be a bit of a conundrum. A LOT of people would want that and it would ruin a bit of the 'mystique' around that title and mount.

Proposition:
Have these 'classic' servers, 3-5 of them, in their own pool. They wouldn't have any ties to your 'current' servers. So any achievements earned (i.e. Scarab Lord) would not be available on your characters that you would play in current content. Let's face it: There was a FUCK TON of drama with the Scarab Lord stuff.

A lot of people might want it not realising how long grinding bugs takes at 60 never mind all the group content and the war effort. All but a few would give up at the first hurdle.

No achievements either so that wouldn't be a problem.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

I think they need to ask themselves why people don't want to actually fight their way through the base and otherwise just get to the objective. Maybe they should fix what's going into that rather than force people to do what they clearly don't want to do. If people consider your "desired UX" to be a slog, then maybe your desired UX and the customer's desired UX isn't in alignment.

Top Bottom