• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I somehow doubt this trick for killing raid bosses more than once a week is going to be ignored by Blizzard. Maybe expect temporary bans? I dunno... I'll avoid it, just in case. Unless i'm misunderstanding and its more like getting to the last boss of a raid without needing to do the whole place?

It's just sharing the lockout so you don't have to clear the whole place with every character. Been doable for years. It's how people did all the Garrosh carries at the end of MoP. The only new thing being discussed here is using the group finder with yourself so you don't have to bother another person (or have another account) around to do so. You're not killing the boss any more than you would be able to otherwise - still limited to once per week per character.

Another thing to consider is people doing this are "preventing" gold from entering the economy. Im hosing myself of 15-20k gold/month, if not more, by skipping all the bosses I would normally kill. It might be cheesing, but it does have its advantages. Im not sure Blizz will fix this. I hope not, at least until I get a few of the 5 Im oafter.

Robin64

So I built an inn and I'm saving up the quests from there so I can do them all at once. Am I right that they will stack? So all the Everbloom quests I get can be done in one run, say?

Xtyle

so I stopped play early Feb...and I just subbed a month now because, I want to form few pieces from DS LFR now that we can solo queue it...yes I know, stupid reasons...anyway, I am close to 100 on my warrior and the whole garrison thing was what made me stop playing...if this hasn't changed (IE, I have to play that stupid interface game and having to keep running back to garrison to complete and start missions) then I am done again

Spiderduff

All I need is Treasure Contract: Amulet of Rukhmar for my Harrison Jones quest and I havent been able to find it. Anyone have it here?

ZenaxPure

All I need is Treasure Contract: Amulet of Rukhmar for my Harrison Jones quest and I havent been able to find it. Anyone have it here?

There is only 1 harrison quest per day for whatever server region you are in. That one has not showed up in a while now, at least a week.

Since we're in a weird downtime and I'm not doing much else right now, I might work on The Insane title some more. IIRC all I have left is Ravenholdt and the Goblin Reps (which are mostly done).

so I stopped play early Feb...and I just subbed a month now because, I want to form few pieces from DS LFR now that we can solo queue it...yes I know, stupid reasons...anyway, I am close to 100 on my warrior and the whole garrison thing was what made me stop playing...if this hasn't changed (IE, I have to play that stupid interface game and having to keep running back to garrison to complete and start missions) then I am done again

That hasn't changed, but you really don't need to do garrison stuff unless you want gold. About once a week, highmaul and BRF missions come to give you 655 or 670 gear, but other than that, nothing is needed from garrison, at least until 6.2 for the boat missions.

But, there is a follower Leoraj, that once you get him to level 3 gives you a mobile command table so you can do your missions from anywhere in dreanor except ashran, so long as hes alive and your current bodyguard.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You can get an addon called masterplan that basically simplifies it and gives you all the rewards for none of the thinking.

But yeah you really don't need to bother with the garrison if you don't want.

Robin64

Interestingly, there's a map in the game files called WarcraftHeroes.

WarcraftHeroes.png

You know, the guy on the front page off mmo talking to GC about ret is right.

Exo, CS, judgement.

They all feel the fucking same.

And templars verdict has completely lost any sense of impact it had in Cata.

At least in WOTLK it actually felt like I was pushing different abilities, not the same ability on different buttons.

Cata ret wasn't bad, late Cata ret at least, spec healed like a mother and felt like it hit like god damn truck, but MoP just made the spec completely boring and oomphless.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have played ret since vanilla. I finally decided to shelve it for playing rogue & mage last month since ret is super boring. I wish my legendary questline wasn't still on my pally.

iirate

As a ret mainer, I couldn't agree more. Our abilities need to feel different, and they don't.

I have all of the healers at 100, and it's my least favorite dps spec to play on any of them. Windwalker monks and elemental shamans are amazingly fun(for entirely different reasons, too), and I think that feral remains one of the most elegant dps specs in WoW.

I can't really talk about shadow because I do all of my priest solo stuff as disc, but ret feels especially awful for exactly the reasons mentioned above.

ret plays a lot more fun than enhancement

Aw please, fuck off.

It's not even remotely close.

Though imo Enhc has gotten worse over time from WoTLK > Cata > MoP > WoD funwise.

They even ruined the original Echoes talent that was pretty fun pre 6.1, so boring now.

What exactly was wrong with 'having a lot of damage sources' and then gutting us? Fuckers.

God now I'm just mad, thanks for reminding me of just how much they've ruined enhc.

ZenaxPure

Replaced my bunkers with mage towers in preparation for 6.2.

Did that a long time ago on my main and was the best choice I ever made. Mage tower is just the only garrison building that I think is actually fun to use. The rune is cool (though right now its only uses are for trapping and invasions) and I love the arcane constructs (they are also amazing for invasions as well). The work orders was mostly a side bonus for me since I have nothing to spend apexis crystals on. I've actually been sitting at the current cap for about a month now. But it's actually good because I realized I can let the work orders stack up and do some other stuff that will let me go into 6.2 with nearly 100k crystals which is nice.

iirate

Aw please, fuck off.

It's not even remotely close.

Though imo Enhc has gotten worse over time from WoTLK > Cata > MoP > WoD funwise.

They even ruined the original Echoes talent that was pretty fun pre 6.1, so boring now.

What exactly was wrong with 'having a lot of damage sources' and then gutting us? Fuckers.

God now I'm just mad, thanks for reminding me of just how much they've ruined enhc.

I have to take your word for echo with regards to enh, but the new echo is a huge improvement for ele and resto. Shaman is definitely one of those classes that really needs a talent revamp though, and that includes not being afraid to give each spec different talents.

I have to take your word for echo with regards to enh, but the new echo is a huge improvement for ele and resto. Shaman is definitely one of those classes that really needs a talent revamp though, and that includes not being afraid to give each spec different talents.

The fact that enhance still doesn't have some windfury/spirit wolf themed/modifying talents is straight up disgusting.

The new echos is probably better for enhance on paper too, but the only one was infinitely more fun.

lazygecko

The 6.0 shaman changes have definitely been the worst out of any of the classes I play. They talked so much about ability pruning but shamans seemed to get left out, and they turned Unleash Elements into this stupid self-buff you have to work into your rotation instead of being an attack. Shaman is also my main, and I've grown so used to Blizzard mishandling the class that I've just grown lethargic over it. The quality of the class and its specs fluctuates heavily between expansions.

I think enhancement peaked during Cataclysm. Not necessarily due to how it performed, but rather the overall gameplay just felt good. I liked the concept of a combo system using Lava Lash with Searing Totem.

Robin64

Just demolished my bunker for a mage tower, too.

Though it's worth noting that the level 1 perk from the barracks does work on Baleful gear in Tanaan Jungle, can proc it up to epic 675 ilvl.

iirate

The fact that enhance still doesn't have some windfury/spirit wolf themed/modifying talents is straight up disgusting.

The new echos is probably better for enhance on paper too, but the only one was infinitely more fun.

I feel like shaman cooldowns should really be trimmed/streamlined. Make a cooldown talent tier that has ascendance, then maybe a passive option, and then fire ele for elemental, feral spirits for enh, and earth ele for resto. Then, rework them all to be actually exciting again.

UE change was the worst, I don't care if it does 1 damage, just make it do something, not being able to tag mobs, interrupt caps, or just plain put people in combat.

It's just a boring piece of a shit now, and no 30% sprint perk doesn't make it even close to what it was.

Not to mention losing the awesome Unleash Weapon throwing axe animation thing for windfury weapon.

And the unleash fury change? From auto attack static shock procs to lmfao 5% multistrike buff?

Fucking shoot me now.

I feel like shaman cooldowns should really be trimmed/streamlined. Make a cooldown talent tier that has ascendance, then maybe a passive option, and then fire ele for elemental, feral spirits for enh, and earth ele for resto. Then, rework them all to be actually exciting again.

I'd trade never using Fire ele/ascendance ever again if they actually made spirit wolves interesting, they should be THE enhance CD, like enhances avenging wrath like it was backing WoTLK. Not fucking ascendance.

Also liked it better back in WOTLK/Cata when enhance couldn't use Fire ele simply because it wasn't good enough compared to magma/searing.

iirate

UE change was the worst, I don't care if it does 1 damage, just make it do something, not being able to tag mobs, interrupt caps, or just plain put people in combat.

It's just a boring piece of a shit now, and no 30% sprint perk doesn't make it even close to what it was.

Not to mention losing the awesome Unleash Weapon throwing axe animation thing for windfury weapon.

And the unleash fury change? From auto attack static shock procs to lmfao 5% multistrike buff?

Fucking shoot me now.

I don't hate UE like so many do, but it's certainly inelegant. With Unleashed Fury, I receive three(!) different buffs just for casting the damn spell. It doesn't make any sense.

ZenaxPure

Just demolished my barracks for a mage tower, too.

Though it's worth noting that the level 1 perk from the barracks does work on Baleful gear in Tanaan Jungle, can proc it up to epic 675 ilvl.

I assume you mean bunker (or war mill if you are horde). Anyhow, according to some tweet from a few days ago the bunker/war mill level 1 ability doesn't work on baleful gear. Pretty dumb obviously, but, whatever.

Robin64

I assume you mean bunker (or war mill if you are horde). Anyhow, according to some tweet from a few days ago the bunker/war mill level 1 ability doesn't work on baleful gear. Pretty dumb obviously, but, whatever.

Bunker, yeah, sorry.

That's weird it doesnt work on the Baleful gear when the Baleful itself has that "upgrade on loot" mechanic. Oh well, really no reason to keep it around now.

ZenaxPure

Bunker, yeah, sorry.

That's weird it doesnt work on the Baleful gear when the Baleful itself has that "upgrade on loot" mechanic. Oh well, really no reason to keep it around now.

It only works on items specifically from quests according to the text of the ability, which is the reason blizz said it won't work on baleful tokens. Should just work on anything since rare spawn items could be upgraded as well... But what can you do.

But yeah, all the more reason to get rid of it.

Robin64

Wow, what the fuck.

So the first quest for Spirit Lodge/Mage Tower has you collecting 25 stones to open a portal. I figured I'd hang around and collect more than 25, got up to 70, so I could start some work orders.

Completing the quest removed all my damn stones, not just the 25 it needed. Not cool, man.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wow, what the fuck.

So the first quest for Spirit Lodge/Mage Tower has you collecting 25 stones to open a portal. I figured I'd hang around and collect more than 25, got up to 70, so I could start some work orders.

Completing the quest removed all my damn stones, not just the 25 it needed. Not cool, man.

hm, strange.

i think the waystones arent considered a normal item until after that quest, so like other quest items all of them get dumped for the quest.

i wonder if it'll be worth opening a ticket for that.

ZenaxPure

So what's the reason for the Mage Tower/Lodge in 6.2 then exactly? Apexis Crystal work orders or something being more valuable than the free loot seal?

The work orders will be nice if you're aiming to get baleful tokens and their upgrade token (or the mount) as it gives an extra ~1200 crystals per day. Also on that same token if you are going to be spending a lot of time in Tanaan doing stuff the rune from the tower will be really handy (100% crit for the duration and it has a fairly high uptime). Obviously not really needed if you plan on doing high end raiding to gear up but that's not the case with a lot of people.

Free loot seal is an overrated perk anyway. Mage tower alone pretty much consistently pumps out enough crystals per week to buy all 3 rolls with nothing but apexis and you get the added benefit of instant mission complete items which I enjoy using on cache missions and other long annoying missions. Not to mention you can do a tiny amount of pvp and permanently unlock pvp follower missions that give honor. I know I mentioned it in the past but if I did not use my honor on bonus rolls I would cap on my main. Apexis only makes it worse.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mage tower for me will be extra Apex. I want the 150k mount and gear upgrades. I rarely do raids so the bunker was useless. Plus I buy all my seals with honor.

Just demolished my bunker for a mage tower, too.

Did you do this for the portal to Tannan, or is there some other reasonto have this building for 6.2?

ampere

The Mage Tower thing also procs a 100% crit chance rune on the ground which is neat, but it kind of sucks for melee classes.

Robin64

Still have to farm some bullshit. 8 of the Sulfuron Ingots and 50 Arcanite Bars and 10 Blood of the Mountain. Ugh. A few other bits, but those are easier.

Now get the one from Firelands to match if you don't already have it! Transmoggable and it looks better.

Dinged 100 on my Rogue this afternoon here. 4th 100. Not much rhyme or reason the order I'm leveling my alts in now, not like I have to have a specific class for raiding purposes at the moment. He was one of my two 96s this morning. Lock is probably up next since he is the other one. After that I'm not sure who I want to work on, maybe take a break on leveling for awhile.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I do wonder how people can spend quite that amount of time farming something. I'm bored within 30 minutes.

an achievement helps

not wanting to go back ever again helps

there's a lot worse in the game that ive done. just bang it out. 6 hours is nothing if you've farmed any of the difficult reps.

I have The Insane title before they made it easy, btw. So that meant Highmaul 5 million times and pouring money into pristine black diamonds, farming lockboxes, among other things.

killing easy mobs to get 500 stones? put some music on and i'm good.

Top Bottom