• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

phierce

And look at that. Another "Thunderlord Sage" mission. Eat a dick, blizzard.
Thanks for ruining my day at work! The anticipation of getting home to check the Harrison quest is the only thing that gets me through the day. I'm fucked now.

But seriously...I've only needed 1 more quest for 2-3 weeks now.

Robin64

Thanks for ruining my day at work! The anticipation of getting home to check the Harrison quest is the only thing that gets me through the day. I'm fucked now.

But seriously...I've only needed 1 more quest for 2-3 weeks now.

http://wowhead.com/

Right hand side, lovely little tool.

LuSb2py.png

Did my Onyxia runs, no luck.

Only did my Lock's Firelands run though for legendary stuff today. Pooped myself out after that. No motivation to run FL 5 more times, or screw around with all the logging in and out for ICC and Ulduar lockouts.

It's the travel time that really does it.

Will pace myself more this week I guess.

And I really should be doing LFR for the ring questline, but I just don't feel like it.

Robin64

6.2 Patch Notes Update said:
Vendor loot recovered when opening salvage recovered from Follower missions is now a stackable item rather than a range of various items taking up lots of inventory space. The average gold value should remain roughly the same.

Game changer, no joke.

Robin64

And I really should be doing LFR for the ring questline, but I just don't feel like it.

Ugh, Wednesday. Four wings of LFR for a small amount of stones again, given my luck. I'm at 394/900 and it's just so boring. It could have easily been half that amount required and it would still be fine.

Fjordson

I figured y'all have seen this, but just in case:

World of Warcraft Pet

source

I'm excited for both! I love pets AND mounts, though nothing will beat my cute little goat that poops hearts and stars and happiness <33333
Oh nice.

This feels weird to say, but I'm actually more excited about the Heroes of the Storm mount than the WoW pet lol. Just can't seem to get invested in Warlords right now, whereas Heroes has been taking up a lot of time ever since I started playing a few weeks ago. Really fun game.

Robin64

Still not dark enough. Have you seen the night in Final Fantasy XIV? Needs to be more like that in WoW.

As someone who only really gets to play at night, nah. Not while WoW is realtime. XIV was nice because it cycled fairly quickly, but I wouldn't want to have played the entire game in the dark.

Tarazet

I have always wanted to try tanking. The WoW crowd is not very nice so this is why I also have never tried it.

I started tanking as soon as I started playing WoW. There is a learning curve, but just stick with it, because it's well worth it to be able to play at the pace you want to, and single-handedly make the experience go smoothly (or shitty) for everyone.

Icy-Veins has a great general tanking guide.

Ugh, Wednesday. Four wings of LFR for a small amount of stones again, given my luck. I'm at 394/900 and it's just so boring. It could have easily been half that amount required and it would still be fine.

I haven't even jumped into the quest line for that reason. I can't grind shit like that hardcore anymore. It just doesn't feel worth it. Feels like a chore.

Robin64

What's shitty is that grinding a high amount of stuff for the questline isn't difficult, it's just time consuming.

Remember the Dungeon Set questline from vanilla? That was hard, it gave epics to casual players (when epics were a big deal), and it wasn't grindy like this at all.

What's shitty is that grinding a high amount of stuff for the questline isn't difficult, it's just time consuming.

Remember the Dungeon Set questline from vanilla? That was hard, it gave epics to casual players (when epics were a big deal), and it wasn't grindy like this at all.

I hear you. I don't feel like it's worth the time or hassle to get it done, especially since LFR doesn't drop tier gear anymore.

Robin64

What also annoys me a little is that they're keeping rather substantial parts of the story hidden behind the legendary questline. This cutscene seems rather important to everything that's going on, and you either have to get through the grind or just hop on YouTube as I did. But without it, there's absolutely no context going in to 6.2 and its Fel-ridden Tanaan Jungle.

ampere

I got my 4th Experiment 12-B last night. Actually had 2 drop yesterday alone.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. WTB Blazing Drake. Saw 10+ Blazing Drakes drop in Cata and never won the roll, and I've run Dragon Soul hundreds of times since then and never seen it again.

Robin64

It's reset night and the current LFR queue is at 39 mins average. Sigh.

Also, EU folks, the Frostfire Harrison Jones quest is up. I know some of y'all were waiting on that one.

What also annoys me a little is that they're keeping rather substantial parts of the story hidden behind the legendary questline. This cutscene seems rather important to everything that's going on, and you either have to get through the grind or just hop on YouTube as I did. But without it, there's absolutely no context going in to 6.2 and its Fel-ridden Tanaan Jungle.

Shit. I need to watch all of those because I'm not doing the legendary ring quest.

lazygecko

Someone said earlier that it's not worth farming any WOTLK raid for gold from a time investment perspective... but I think Trial of the Crusader might be worth it provided you have the Argent Crusader's Tabard which teleports you there. I got that one from the 3.2 dailies years ago since I figured it's always worth having something that can quickly get you to a specific location. TotC25HC only takes a couple of minutes to do and yields around 450g per run I think. Every boss drops a Trophy of the Crusade which is worth 50g. You could also auction the Crusader Orbs and additionally the leather/furs if you're a skinner for a bit more.

ZenaxPure

I don't really mind story stuff in the legendary quest line as that should be an avenue to give some narrative to the raids aside from just dungeon journal entries and bosses yelling at you in the middle of a fight, but, this is mostly a problem because in the almost 7 months the xpac has been out this is literally the only interesting story beat to happen at max level and it just came in the middle of no where and threw what little the garrison campaign had built up straight into a garbage can. It's just poorly handled from top to bottom.

Someone said earlier that it's not worth farming any WOTLK raid for gold from a time investment perspective... but I think Trial of the Crusader might be worth it provided you have the Argent Crusader's Tabard which teleports you there.

Yeah ToC is totally worth it if you have a tabard. Probably still worth it if you don't have a tabard and really want gold.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Someone said earlier that it's not worth farming any WOTLK raid for gold from a time investment perspective... but I think Trial of the Crusader might be worth it provided you have the Argent Crusader's Tabard which teleports you there. I got that one from the 3.2 dailies years ago since I figured it's always worth having something that can quickly get you to a specific location. TotC25HC only takes a couple of minutes to do and yields around 450g per run I think. Every boss drops a Trophy of the Crusade which is worth 50g. You could also auction the Crusader Orbs and additionally the leather/furs if you're a skinner for a bit more.

You make 450 gold from one treasure hunter mission.

If you really want to 'farm' for gold instead of controlling markets on the AH, the best time to gold ratio is leveling up alts and getting their garrisons to level 3, with treasure hunters.

I made 20k on tuesday. I made 15k today, it's ridiculous.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Yes I run it when I am bored. I don't really care to go into the time vs profit debate, I mostly just like looting stuff and farming for mounts or whatever

lazygecko

If you really want to 'farm' for gold instead of controlling markets on the AH, the best time to gold ratio is leveling up alts and getting their garrisons to level 3, with treasure hunters.

You speak as though they are mutually exclusive.

ZenaxPure

Yes I run it when I am bored. I don't really care to go into the time vs profit debate, I mostly just like looting stuff and farming for mounts or whatever

Pretty much the same for me. Sometimes I just want to play one of my DPS characters I haven't touched in months and running some random old raid is a way I can do that and make a little gold at the same time. Like my shaman is fully LFR geared and has been for a few months now but I really wanted to throw lava at dudes faces lately so I just ran through some cata/wrath raids last week to scratch that itch and it felt great.

How many 100s do you have churning out that much gold? I have 4 and don't even get close to that. A good day for me 3-5k if RNJesus is smiling at me. With just garrisons and crafting, I make about 70k a week. I just picked up LW, so that will be addition income once its leveled.

Are you getting a level 3 inn as well?

Robin64

Only two bosses dropped 27 stones for me this week, the rest were 9.

That pisses me off. That you have to grind these damn stones, but you can get anywhere between 90 and 270. So random.

Darn Token price for EU is ridiculous ;(

What time is it best to buy it? I see it kinda fluctuates a couple hundred gold. Is it better to wait for weekend or?

Have they nerfed the number of treasure missions that pop up daily?

Its RNG being cruel, fickle bitch. I have 4 100s. On two, I get tons of gold missions, usually 400-600 before bonuses. On the other two, Im lucky If I get 150-200. And its consistently the same 2 that get good missions. Its really weird. I should double check and make sure I have a level 3 inn. Im 99% sure, but I could be a knob.

Top Bottom