• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Magnus

Apparently it only takes about 11 hours to get 100 so it shouldn't be so bad.

Woah woah

11 hours?

I have the day off on Thursday. Is it realistic to expect I'll cap by the evening? That's insane.

I didn't even think beta levelling was that fast, never mind live (which is usually triple or quadruple as long - cuz they nerf the xp required to level for beta testing purposes, right?)

And if it's indeed 11 hours or so, is that like, only if you're highly efficient and know exactly what path to go for optimal xp gain?

I expect it'll take me upward of 20. Maybe more. I'll probably be a lot more aimless and exploratory.

Jag

Awesome thanks.

Don't think I have changed mine from Shrine since hitting 90 2-3 months ago. Seems that wont change with WoD.

It probably will. You don't need anything in the Shrine. AH/Class trainers, etc will be in your capital city. You will be porting to the shrine then taking a portal to your city. Unless they get rid of the portals and drop in an AH like with Dalaran.

StayDead

Woah woah

11 hours?

I have the day off on Thursday. Is it realistic to expect I'll cap by the evening? That's insane.

I didn't even think beta levelling was that fast, never mind live (which is usually triple or quadruple as long - cuz they nerf the xp required to level for beta testing purposes, right?)

And if it's indeed 11 hours or so, is that like, only if you're highly efficient and know exactly what path to go for optimal xp gain?

I expect it'll take me upward of 20. Maybe more. I'll probably be a lot more aimless and exploratory.

That's what I've heard from the person I'll be levelling my main with (known him through WoW for about 6 years now), he's taken the day off too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It didn't take that long to level in beta, but that was beta. Still, the opening of the raids says to me Blizzard wants people in there quickly and devoting more of their time to the garrisons rather than leveling.

TheYanger

Nah 11 hours is a pretty long estimate. there are guides to do it in sub 6. Beta has the same levelling speed, they adjust it violently DURING betas but they rarely change it this late, certainly not after it's shut off.

I mean, in every expansion you could max out the first night, so that's nothing new.

Apt101

About ready to rock. Working my way through the invasion event on my paladin. By Thursday I'll have that wrapped and the paladin parked by the Dark Portal. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to really dig in until the weekend.

I thought mist weaver healing was pretty underwhelming, then I dinged 70 and got my statue. I have no idea why they didn't give me this skill earlier, makes monk so much more manageable.

Also can't decide between whether to boost shaman or druid. Druid healing looks like more fun, but I might just end up raid healing on my monk. Shaman enhance and elemental look like way more fun then balance and feral, but both are parsing way lower than druid's dps specs.

vocab

Also can't decide between whether to boost shaman or druid. Druid healing looks like more fun, but I might just end up raid healing on my monk. Shaman enhance and elemental look like way more fun then balance and feral, but both are parsing way lower than druid's dps specs.

ele and enhancement are balanced for 90 right now. Balanced is balanced for 100 right now, and are completely broken in 6.0.

Though if i had to guess, as history shows, shamans will continue to suck till they hit absurd levels of gear.

Id honestly just stick to whats fun. Shaman and druids both have specs that have problems. At least druids have talents that make sense. The shaman hybrid talent tree is flat out terrible, and you have almost no choice.

Giggzy

I've got no idea what I want to level... The downside of being an alt-o-holic.

90 Blood Elf Mage
90 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Goblin Death Knight
90 Tauren Druid
90 Undead Monk
90 Troll Hunter
90 Orc Shaman
90 Blood Elf Warrior
90 Undead Priest
82 Undead Rogue

Sigh... Leaning towards my mage I think.

cdyhybrid

90 Blood Elf Mage
90 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Goblin Death Knight
90 Tauren Druid
90 Undead Monk
90 Troll Hunter
90 Orc Shaman
90 Blood Elf Warrior
90 Undead Priest
82 Undead Rogue

You should level up a
Panda

Lucis

90 Blood Elf Mage
90 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Goblin Death Knight
90 Tauren Druid
90 Undead Monk
90 Troll Hunter
90 Orc Shaman
90 Blood Elf Warrior
90 Undead Priest
82 Undead Rogue

warlock
obviously

ele and enhancement are balanced for 90 right now. Balanced is balanced for 100 right now, and are completely broken in 6.0.

Though if i had to guess, as history shows, shamans will continue to suck till they hit absurd levels of gear.

Yeah I'm use to shaman being mediocre, but I just love their armor sets and spell effects. I was looking at simcraft for lvl 100 at all the gear levels. I usually don't take it at face value because its a patchwerk type setup but being toward the bottom is never a good sign.

vocab

Yeah I'm use to shaman being mediocre, but I just love their armor sets and spell effects. I was looking at simcraft for lvl 100 at all the gear levels. I usually don't take it at face value because its a patchwerk type setup but being toward the bottom is never a good sign.

Lavaburst does less damage than lightning bolt. There's no way it will stay like that. If it does, then flatout bottom is shamans destiny. I'll still be out dpsing a good portion of my raid with ele. I'll swap to windwalker if shit gets really bad, but it would have to be really obvious so I wouldn't play it anymore.

Got my normal Hellscream's Cleaver so I'm half good to go. Just need a normal dagger and I'll be completely happy. If I can't get it, then at least I've got weapons for Combat and Enhance, even if I can't level my Rogue as Assassination.

In terms of current content/gear what counts as absurd? I have been wanting to level a Shaman for a while. I love their spell effects and the fact you can move around whilst casting is nice.

vocab

I love their spell effects and the fact you can move around whilst casting is nice.

Only with spirit walkers grace.

When I mean high levels I gear I mean when you get enough mastery/haste/multistrike. The thing is, by the time you get there, other classes are just better.

In 5.4, you felt really good when you got like above 60% mastery. The meta gem felt real fast and smooth. Once lightning bolt was pretty much gcd capped, and you were a machine gun on the move it felt amazing. 6.0 came and threw all that shit out the window. back to those sweet stationary 1.6 sec lightning bolt/lava burst casts. OH man does it feel amazing!

I couldn't imagine playing enhance. The fact that you have to be stationary for lightning bolt is a flatout joke.

Magnus

Nah 11 hours is a pretty long estimate. there are guides to do it in sub 6. Beta has the same levelling speed, they adjust it violently DURING betas but they rarely change it this late, certainly not after it's shut off.

I mean, in every expansion you could max out the first night, so that's nothing new.

Wow. Seriously? An hour a level with speed guides?

Also, I haven't known people to cap on night 1 or 2 in prior expansions, except the speed guide levellers whose vids you see on mmochampion.

Am I just like the slowest leveller ever. I take an hour or more on Live right now in the 50s....

Apt101

Doh I forgot to level my gnome mage to 90! Oh well, something to toy with down the road. Maybe I'll respec him too (currently fire).

Guess what I finished!?!?!

dZkc1cT.jpg

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Done with that place pretty much forever now.

So Ret Pally is super fun but I want to try reaaallllyy hard to stick to just one class, and I'm leaning heavily towards Rogue just for the fact that you really just need 1 gear set. In terms of getting into a casual raiding guild what's usually a good bet on filling a slot of need? I would hate to get 100 on my rogue just to find out there are too many. I'm sitting on a 85 of basically everything so it's super easy to change my mind now but I dunno if I'll stomach multiple 90-100 runs.

Opinions? Advice?

So Ret Pally is super fun but I want to try reaaallllyy hard to stick to just one class, and I'm leaning heavily towards Rogue just for the fact that you really just need 1 gear set. In terms of getting into a casual raiding guild what's usually a good bet on filling a slot of need? I would hate to get 100 on my rogue just to find out there are too many. I'm sitting on a 85 of basically everything so it's super easy to change my mind now but I dunno if I'll stomach multiple 90-100 runs.

Opinions? Advice?

If you didn't know, in WoD, most gear will swap stats when you switch specs. So if you were say Ret, and had STR on your armor, it would switch to INT if you went Holy.

I think the only exceptions are weapons.

lexi

Banned
If you didn't know, in WoD, most gear will swap stats when you switch specs. So if you were say Ret, and had STR on your armor, it would switch to INT if you went Holy.

I think the only exceptions are weapons.

Does questing gear do this? Only raid gear? I ask in the interest of leveling a healer and just switching specs to heal instances without worrying about gear.

Ultratech

*checks when WoD goes live tomorrow night*

2am, eh?

Yeah...I think I'll be sleeping.

Luckily, I took off Friday, so come Thursday night, I got the whole weekend to get going.

I still only plan to do my Hunter and DK for the time being, and maybe do just do a few levels with other alts to get their Garrisons going at least.

Even the gear that drops from level 90 UBRS has the multi role stats thing.

I couldn't imagine playing enhance. The fact that you have to be stationary for lightning bolt is a flatout joke.

Yup it's a major pita, I still catch myself accidentally canceling my sub MW_5 lbs while moving. That not being able to pull with UE, removal of all synergy, and the horrible level 100 talents and removal of chain heal are the reason I've dropped my enhc for wod after maining it for 2 expansions.

In the bright side EoE is insanely fun and enhance AoE is more insane than ever.

I'm still hesitant about Garrisons not having played beta. They're either going to be insanely fun, or a huge PITA. Possibly both.

I think it'll be manageable once you have everything rolling and can mostly just queue work orders on alts, but getting there is going to be annoying.

Fularu

Banned
I'm still hesitant about Garrisons not having played beta. They're either going to be insanely fun, or a huge PITA. Possibly both.

I think it'll be manageable once you have everything rolling and can mostly just queue work orders on alts, but getting there is going to be annoying.

It is

Got my Warrior to 90 now that they finally fixed a quest in Kun-Lai. Hit my pre-MoP goal of having one of every class at 90 before the next expansion (although I cheated a little boosting a Hunter).

Slayerx

So I finish work about an hour before the game launches here, I am on one of the most populated realms in the world :/

Do they relax server caps during launch?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

90 Blood Elf Mage
90 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Goblin Death Knight
90 Tauren Druid
90 Undead Monk
90 Troll Hunter
90 Orc Shaman
90 Blood Elf Warrior
90 Undead Priest
82 Undead Rogue

same. I told myself I waqsnt going to heal this xpac and was going to dps because im tired of the responsability (even if I dont raid anymore) so I was set on Mage, but then I did the green fire quest on my lock so I wanted to play the Lock, and then I boosted my pali to 90 to check Pali healing and kinda loved it (this was all many many weeks ago) so /shrug

of course at the moment, 1 day before the release (its wednesday here), I still dont feel like playing wow and probably still wont use my 2-month sub card for the expansion release and wait a bit until A) i actually feel like playing and B) im done with the stuff I actually WANT to play atm, like Dragon Age in 6 days.

but yeah, even when I do decide to finally jump on the expansion (I did buy the digital collectors edition afterall, and a 2 month card like I said), I still have no fucking idea what to play.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What the fuck was the point of that stupid 90-boost questline? So fucking half-cocked. You're basically shit with no abilities and then Thrall's like, "alright do this quest and you get everything, fuck it, this questline sucks."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Almost 24h to go ya'll :D

I got my brewmaster to ilvl 510 and went to the new UBBRS. Big mistake. I died so many times compared to my paly. I gave up after wiping 3 or 4 times on the 2nd boss. Way to squishy for a tank. Maybe I wasn't doing the cd's right.

What the fuck was the point of that stupid 90-boost questline? So fucking half-cocked. You're basically shit with no abilities and then Thrall's like, "alright do this quest and you get everything, fuck it, this questline sucks."

It was a half assed (quarter assed? less?) response to complaints about boosted 90s entering SOO with virtually no combat experience on that character.

vocab

I got my brewmaster to ilvl 510 and went to the new UBBRS. Big mistake. I died so many times compared to my paly. I gave up after wiping 3 or 4 times on the 2nd boss. Way to squishy for a tank. Maybe I wasn't doing the cd's right.

brm playstyle is unfortunately in a pretty odd spot. It's the same, but light stagger is dangerous.now. It's kind of a bummer. It lacks some control it had before. It would probably get better with gear, but shit, it's not great if you aren't on top of your game.

Top Bottom