• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The fact that I found you in here is amazing to me. I thought you were HaloGAF only. What server do you play on?

Nope, I'm like a migrating bird.

I just moved to Emerald Dream from Stormreaver. Which one are you on?

RNG gonna RNG. I did Eye of Eternity and Onyxia's lair on 11 alts, nothing (OK, a dupe of Azure Drake, I need the blue one). I farm Dragon Soul on my main only.. and Blazing Drake dropped this week.

Im around 60 rag and dw kills, its getting old. Im elated I found out about the lfg trick, as that greatly reduces my farm time. Im also pretty happy at how cheap gear is. I bought 3 670 items fromt he AH and it only cost me 30k. I was 100 for all of 30 minutes and had a 622 ilvl with those items and my 3 warlords.

Also, I reallllllly don't like melee. DK is frustrating with lack of range. I only used that char for the crimson deathcharger and helping stockpile gold.

lazygecko

Actually Raven wasn't exactly what I was looking for... I want it to list specific buffs via a whitelist, and it looks like it doesn't do that?

Edit: Nevermind it was in the buffs panel for specific bars.

ZenaxPure

You'll be pleased to know that it changed today! Explosive Discoveries.

Hilariously enough explosive discoveries is what it was last time it wasn't infected orc. Whoo-hoo.

My resto druid is having a surprisingly similar experience to my last batch of alts I tried to get Harrison on. He hit 100 on May 22nd and has been following the quest every day, so the amulet quest hasn't shown up for over 2 weeks now lol. Blizz plz.

Hilariously enough explosive discoveries is what it was last time it wasn't infected orc. Whoo-hoo.

My resto druid is having a surprisingly similar experience to my last batch of alts I tried to get Harrison on. He hit 100 on May 22nd and has been following the quest every day, so the amulet quest hasn't shown up for over 2 weeks now lol. Blizz plz.

hey, man. Do these crazy money making missions show up at 675 or after I get harrison? I have a level 3 inn and all that jazz. I'm leveling up my followers but thinking I should just save the tokens for him. Is there a typical ilvl requirement for the phat lewts gold missions?

Tacitus_

hey, man. Do these crazy money making missions show up at 675 or after I get harrison? I have a level 3 inn and all that jazz. I'm leveling up my followers but thinking I should just save the tokens for him. Is there a typical ilvl requirement for the phat lewts gold missions?

I think only the raid missions go above 615 follower ilvl. Could be 630, but either way it's not that high.

RPGCrazied

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

That quote though!

"First and foremost, I learned that you must put game quality and player experience first in everything that you do. Gamers are not driven to buy games because they have a clever business model, they buy games that are fun and immersive that deliver on what was promised."

Don't know how much impact he has on WoW development, but another veteran leaves the company. Paul Sams, over 20 years with Blizzard leaves to be CEO at Ready at Dawn. Thoughts?

ZenaxPure

I think only the raid missions go above 615 follower ilvl. Could be 630, but either way it's not that high.

Nah, there are actually a lot of missions that go above 615 ilvl (a lot of them are rare missions though). Gold missions specifically though are 630 and lower with the exception of one that is ilvl 675.

Anyway Ronin, the thing you need to realize about the gold missions is that it's not about "crazy money making missions" as much as it is about stacking treasure hunters into all the missions that grant gold. The majority of your gold each week is going to come from those missions that give 75-100g but require multiple followers to complete. For example the most lucrative Inn mission only gives 150g, but, it has slots for 3 followers. If you stick 3 followers with treasure hunter in there the mission will give 600g instead of 150.

From the sounds of it you probably already have access to most of the missions that give gold, at this point it's just a big waiting game of recruiting treasure hunters from the Inn and leveling them up each week. All Harrison does is help level those guys faster.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The blingtron mission gives 500 gold base, so if you have 3 treasure hunters you get 1500. Got that a couple times.

lazygecko

This is my new UI so far

UxOFpsi.jpg

I have some space underneath the action bar I could fill with something useful, but I dunno what. Was thinking about adding a very filtered combat log there but I can't scale the window down vertically enough for that.

Used to have the action bar and unit frame closer to the bottom but that just made me pay less attention to my health in combat. Gotta hit that balance between functionality and my aesthetic preference of not cluttering up the center of the screen too much...

ZenaxPure

The blingtron mission gives 500 gold base, so if you have 3 treasure hunters you get 1500. Got that a couple times.

That one is worth 2k actually! But yeah, it's the best gold mission unless you are doing mythic raids. Thing is it's pretty rare obviously and there is RNG involved in getting it to show up. Past 3 weeks I didn't get a single one on any of my characters and this week I had 3 out of no where. Shit's weird.

This is my new UI so far

I have some space underneath the action bar I could fill with something useful, but I dunno what. Was thinking about adding a very filtered combat log there but I can't scale the window down vertically enough for that.

Used to have the action bar and unit frame closer to the bottom but that just made me pay less attention to my health in combat. Gotta hit that balance between functionality and my aesthetic preference of not cluttering up the center of the screen too much...

How does that work? I use way more buttons than that on my shaman. Hell, I use more buttons than that on all my classes except fire mage. Im still using the default WoW bars/UI with titan panel underneath it all.

lazygecko

How does that work? I use way more buttons than that on my shaman. Hell, I use more buttons than that on all my classes except fire mage. Im still using the default WoW bars/UI with titan panel underneath it all.

The vast majority of the action bars are hidden and only display on mouseover. The only ones I really need to see are my main active abilities so I can monitor their cooldowns easily.

Nah, there are actually a lot of missions that go above 615 ilvl (a lot of them are rare missions though). Gold missions specifically though are 630 and lower with the exception of one that is ilvl 675.

Anyway Ronin, the thing you need to realize about the gold missions is that it's not about "crazy money making missions" as much as it is about stacking treasure hunters into all the missions that grant gold. The majority of your gold each week is going to come from those missions that give 75-100g but require multiple followers to complete. For example the most lucrative Inn mission only gives 150g, but, it has slots for 3 followers. If you stick 3 followers with treasure hunter in there the mission will give 600g instead of 150.

From the sounds of it you probably already have access to most of the missions that give gold, at this point it's just a big waiting game of recruiting treasure hunters from the Inn and leveling them up each week. All Harrison does is help level those guys faster.

Okay cool. I have enough treasure hunters getting up to that phase that I can stack them as well on one character. Just hit 100 with another and working on that too. How many level 100 garrisons are you running?

Anyone who is farming firelands or ICC, when you do that raid lockout extension are you doing them on mondays or tuesdays? I went to extend my raid lockout and it didn't give me the option to today. It gave me the option to remove the extension rather than extend it again. Should I just wait until tuesday?

Granadier

Anyone running on a Mac?

I have WoW installed on a secondary, internal drive. But installing addons has been ineffective for me, and I'm curious if anyone of you have insight on solving that. (Google hasn't helped yet)

davepoobond

Anyone running on a Mac?

I have WoW installed on a secondary, internal drive. But installing addons has been ineffective for me, and I'm curious if anyone of you have insight on solving that. (Google hasn't helped yet)

i played the game on a mac up until last year. what do you mean by "ineffective" exactly?

they dont load into the game? Are you putting it in the right folder?

is the game making another folder on your OS drive?

Granadier

i played the game on a mac up until last year. what do you mean by "ineffective" exactly?

they dont load into the game? Are you putting it in the right folder?

is the game making another folder on your OS drive?

Sorry, I meant they weren't loading into the game. I believe I'm putting them in the correct folder, but the menu isn't showing up when I load up the game through the Bnet launcher or the WoW Launcher. So far I've tried with DBM and Bagnon.

Here's a screenshot of my directory, and I'm putting them within "AddOns". I install all my Blizzard games on a separate internal HDD from my operating system. I'm curious if that might be causing the issues.

davepoobond

The launchers won't display add ons. You have to go to the character select screen and then in the bottom left hand corner there are "add-on" options there.

Also if you load into the game there should be an add-ons menu option.

You seem to be putting it in the right place though. Make sure that the addons are top level folders and not inside of another folder like you unzip it and there is the main folder inside that folder.

Have add ons ever worked for you or are you new to the game or did you recently move the install files, etc?

Granadier

The launchers won't display add ons. You have to go to the character select screen and then in the bottom left hand corner there are "add-on" options there.

Also if you load into the game there should be an add-ons menu option.

You seem to be putting it in the right place though. Make sure that the addons are top level folders and not inside of another folder like you unzip it and there is the main folder inside that folder.

Have add ons ever worked for you or are you new to the game or did you recently move the install files, etc?

Yep, I was checking on the character select screen. The little space for the "Add Ons" button was consistently missing.

I'm not new to addons, but I am new to them on OSX. Previously I was using purely Windows and had the advantage of the Curse client for handling all of that.

davepoobond

It might be looking for a World of Warcraft folder on your OS drive.

I would be surprised if blizzard overlooked that, but its potentially possible. Try making or finding one in your Applications folder and make the same file structure for the Addons folder.

All of the default blizzard UI stuff is in your existing one though so idk what the hell is going on

Granadier

I'll probably end up reinstalling like you said and just move WoW over to my SSD so it lives in the main Applications folder.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday I finally defeated Imperator Mar'gok in Heroic Highmaul and got the Ahead of the Curve achievement. Next up will be Blackhand.

I have a jewelcrafter with a level 2 jewel boutique or whatever it's called. Is it worth the 1000 gold to go level 3? The only benefit I see are they can process more work orders. Is that it?

Robin64

I have a jewelcrafter with a level 2 jewel boutique or whatever it's called. Is it worth the 1000 gold to go level 3? The only benefit I see are they can process more work orders. Is that it?

It also unlocks missions which give items that instantly complete work orders.

lazygecko

Does anyone know their way around Stuf Unit Frames? For some inexplicable reason the health bars for target frames are much darker in color than the player one, closer to black than anything. I suspected it might have something to do with range, but the range module isn't even active.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

At this point there is so little abilities and buttons I just have my main Dark Soul cooldown and soulshatter cooldown displaying on my UI.

All the other buttons are so commited to memory it's like playing a console game.

ampere

Looks like the patch might be in 3 weeks. PTR character copy is disabled. We'll still have to wait for the 2 week notice to know for sure though.

Hnnnnng we need to get Mythic Blackhand down. Got him to 37% last week, finally figuring out P2.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
WHAT AN ODD DATE TO PICK HOW DID THEY THINK OF THIS ONE

Games always release this time of year. Wildstar released in June last year.

Do people seriously think if there were no other MMOs out there WoW would just release patches NOT in Feb/June/Sept/Nov?

People seriously don't get like, basic marketing and quarters and shit.

CassSept

What's releasing at the end of June?

It's sensible though, releasing content patch to boost subscription base at the end of the quarter.

Robin64

5.2 was March and 5.3 was May.

*shrug*

Though at least in this case, we know they haven't been sitting on the patch waiting for the date, we can see the PTR progress for ourselves.

What's releasing at the end of June?

June 23rd is the release of Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion, Heavensward.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
But people act like the only reason patches are released is to spite competition.

I'm sure it's part of it, but if they really wanted to poach people from other MMOs they would mimick (steal) features of those MMOs, and release it BEFORE the competition.

Shahadan

But people act like the only reason patches are released is to spite competition.

I'm sure it's part of it, but if they really wanted to poach people from other MMOs they would mimick (steal) features of those MMOs, and release it BEFORE the competition.

Let's be honest, they're not capable of doing that, and prefer to see if it works somewhere before actually doing it years later.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Another thing is too is if they are theoretically setting their pace to other companies release schedules, I don't even really see the point in pointing that out.

ToR, Wildstar, FFXIV, they were all huge 'failures' compared to WoW.

If I worked on WoW I would stop giving a shit about other MMO's after Age of Conan and WH40k.

Top Bottom