• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

Mage is my choice of those. Love the notion of killing things before they even get to me. It's a fun class to level.

Hunter, on the other hand, is one of the most boring to me. Send in pet, Arcane Shot to dead. Repeat forever.

lazygecko

Are you buying a new license? If so, Ill gladly do the recruit a friend and buy you a month of game time (thanks WoW token). Im US/Horde.

Not really sure where to start form 0. Do you have an idea of what race/class youd like? Any idea about professions? Pvp or pve?

I have been entertaining the notion of making a US account as well. Most of my EU friends are long gone and it gets kind of lonely at times. Can you transfer characters between EU and US accounts?

RPGCrazied

Securing Draenor seems easy enough, but into the pitt is for group only? Ugh. Got 100 elites there, my gear isn't the best cause I don't raid, and I couldn't even solo one lol.

lazygecko

Any tips for raid soloing as enhancement shaman? Optimal talent setup? Dunno if Stone Bulwark Totem is more worthwhile using in old raids with the stat scaling. Or maybe even Astral Shift.

Tacitus_

Any tips for raid soloing as enhancement shaman? Optimal talent setup? Dunno if Stone Bulwark Totem is more worthwhile using in old raids with the stat scaling. Or maybe even Astral Shift.

I can facetank everything in cataclysm 25 hc on my warlock so it shouldn't require much trickery.

This is my enhance sham. Raided as enhance since TBC. I still use stone bulwark because it helps healers out. This character hasn't gone outside of LFR for WoD yet, so Im not sure how effective it is, but for old content, I blow shit up like no ones business. And for old content, the damage you take is miniscule, that talent doesn't really matter.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Cashanda/simple

lazygecko

I can facetank everything in cataclysm 25 hc on my warlock so it shouldn't require much trickery.

Those two dragons have been wrecking my shit in Bastion of Twilight cause they do some instakill thing and shaman doesn't really have any "oh shit" button like other classes have.

Tacitus_

Those two dragons have been wrecking my shit in Bastion of Twilight cause they do some instakill thing and shaman doesn't really have any "oh shit" button like other classes have.

Eh, just kill them faster. Just pop all your CDs when they land and npnp. I had enough DPS to kill them in the previous expansion on 10 normal so drop size or difficulty if they prove too much of a hassle.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm level 94, got this map of treasures, which is mostly resources, which is good. One leads me to this dead body with an item and a letter, and this directs me to another thing that finishes the little story and creates an equipment item. All the monsters around these areas are level 92, but the item it gave me was a mediocre level 90. Come on, Blizz. At least make it level-appropriate.

Also, I need to find a good mount dealer outside of Draenor, since it seems there are no mount dealers in Draenor. I don't like this swift purple wind rider.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So I'm level 94, got this map of treasures, which is mostly resources, which is good. One leads me to this dead body with an item and a letter, and this directs me to another thing that finishes the little story and creates an equipment item. All the monsters around these areas are level 92, but the item it gave me was a mediocre level 90. Come on, Blizz. At least make it level-appropriate.

Also, I need to find a good mount dealer outside of Draenor, since it seems there are no mount dealers in Draenor. I don't like this swift purple wind rider.

=|

You got a map for Shadowmoon valley as a level 94. Why would they make an item in a level 90-92 zone give a level 94 item?

Get this addon, the treasures give you XP and let you level up faster, and make it easier once you hit 100.

ZenaxPure

Shamanistic rage + Astral Shift is enough to survive a single blackout. If you get a second one you should just drop down the size or difficulty.

Dice

You got a map for Shadowmoon valley as a level 94. Why would they make an item in a level 90-92 zone give a level 94 item?
I meant make it level 92 like all of the monsters in the area. The item was weak compared to my gear when I first entered that zone.

RPGCrazied

Barely hit 40 treasures, man this is going to take forever even with handy notes. Can I just say some of them are really annoying to get? Like up a high cliff you can't reach, in a cave hidden.

Robin64

Blizz be showing off the new gear sets on Twitter. So far:

Mage
CHFroulWwAAhLFb.jpg:large

Hunter

Dice

Now I have a bodyguard (other than my elementals, two proc summons, and area summon)! This should help for the upcoming crazy missions.

I also had a fly around Pandaria (wow, gorgeous) and their decision to keep you stuck to the ground makes sense now.

Dice

I'm sure the Monks will have fun doing kicks in long narrow skirts. Paladins look badass. Rogues look like Sith.

Rogues the only semi decent set, rest look like dogshit.

It's a shame that they're being so lazy and making pvp gear pve recolors since pvp gear normally looks a shit ton better most tiers.

Robin64

Ugh, clipping. Rolled a gnome warrior the other day. The swords are in the ground, through my cloak, in my shoulders...

Weren't they supposed to fix all the clipping issues with the new models?

Oh well, at least they fixed the tabard through thigh issue fem orcs have had forever, so I can't complain.

lazygecko

The reality is simply that avoiding clipping is nearly impossible when you're working with armor designs. You either get pieces clipping, or you push it too far in the other direction and end up with pieces floating in the air. Elder Scrolls Online has the latter issue.

Dice

You know what would be great? A system for starting a character in certain level ranges. Like maybe I want to do the Pandaria story but not start at level 1, but not be OP level 90, and not carry the same character from 1-85 before playing Pandaria content with them.

Also, a question: You can get blueprints for building upgrades for 1000 gold, but after going from 90 to 95 here I am only at 4000 gold. Is most of this garrison stuff endgame content, or do you get upgrades from the rest of the quest lines and buying blueprints is for suckers or what?

lazygecko

You earn items from certian zone quest chains which you can trade in Warspear/Stormshield for garrison blueprints. Usually it's the main quest related to the zone-specific garrison for each zone (and varies depending on what you choose to build in them).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That hunter set is really not very good.

The reality is simply that avoiding clipping is nearly impossible when you're working with armor designs. You either get pieces clipping, or you push it too far in the other direction and end up with pieces floating in the air. Elder Scrolls Online has the latter issue.

I mean, wow has both, ever seen a male blood elf's shoulders?

Doesn't really bug me though.

lazygecko

I mean, wow has both, ever seen a male blood elf's shoulders?

Doesn't really bug me though.

All elf races seemed to have the floating shoulder problems with the old models. I would flat out not play them because of it. Seems to be mostly fixed now though. Ironically more floting shoulders seemed to have been introduced on orc females to compensate for that (Tier 11 shaman shoulders for example).

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be creating a US account at this point. If anyone wants to spend a Recruit A Friend or whatever equivalent service is being used these days then feel free to contact me. There are a couple of things I'm not sure about though. Is it best to create an entirely new battle.net account for that? Because that's probably what I'd prefer to do. Can you use the same Paypal/CC for multiple battle.net accounts?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Garrisons....piles of easy gold.
But I am at the point where I can't bring myself to bother with most of the chores anymore.

Magnus

So I nabbed a Physical Warlords CE since I've wanted one for awhile. The upgrade promo is apparently still on, so at the end of this process with Customer Service, I should have a refunded Digital Key for the standard Warlords.

I believe it's still $50 digital to upgrade straight through Blizzard. Anyone know any interested parties who'd wanted to buy it from me at a discount?

edit-

Wow, during off-peak times, Blizzard Customer Support is fucking outstanding. I already have my Standard Key reimbursed via Live Chat. Super friendly CS rep too. get at me if you know someone who'd want to nab this from me at a slight discount! It comes with the level 90 boost, and works exactly like the upgrade would straight from Blizzard.

Dice

About to hit 96 and I just realized Shadowmoon exists and it's 90-93 lmaoooo.

Robin64

I finally made my level 4 axe. Do we know what the level 6 craftables will look like?

We do.

Mighty Steelforged Essence for 675 to 690. Needs 175 Truesteel Ingots, 30 Sorcerous Air, and 30 Felblight.

Savage Steelforged Essence for 690 to 705. Needs 350 Truesteel Ingots, 60 Sorcerous Air, and 60 Felblight.

Edit: Unless you mean what the item itself looks like, in which case there's no change.

EmiPrime

We do.

Mighty Steelforged Essence for 675 to 690. Needs 175 Truesteel Ingots, 30 Sorcerous Air, and 30 Felblight.

Savage Steelforged Essence for 690 to 705. Needs 350 Truesteel Ingots, 60 Sorcerous Air, and 60 Felblight.

Edit: Unless you mean what the item itself looks like, in which case there's no change.

sadface

Top Bottom