• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

lazygecko

I like the shaman set. Certainly my favorite looking one throughout both WoD and MoP

t18Preview08.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah the shaman set is pretty good, especially the elite PVP. Rogue is very good, DK is alright (I actually think the norm is better than heroic/elite)

the rest are pretty shit though.

We do.

Mighty Steelforged Essence for 675 to 690. Needs 175 Truesteel Ingots, 30 Sorcerous Air, and 30 Felblight.

Savage Steelforged Essence for 690 to 705. Needs 350 Truesteel Ingots, 60 Sorcerous Air, and 60 Felblight.

Edit: Unless you mean what the item itself looks like, in which case there's no change.

JBFC, that is a TON of air. I really hope 6.2 brings additional ways of obtaining sorcerous XXX besides stinking WOs and a daily cooldown. I guess I should stop selling 685 items and sit on my mats. Thankfully, my BS has 800 Ingots, but I used all my cloth. Looks like prices are about to skyrocket.

lazygecko

I'm creating a new battle.net account right now for my US WoW account... but it keeps redirecting me to EU battle.net no matter what I do. Does this have any signifiance over what region I want for my new WoW account?

I'm creating a new battle.net account right now for my US WoW account... but it keeps redirecting me to EU battle.net no matter what I do. Does this have any signifiance over what region I want for my new WoW account?

I have a us starter account on my EU Battle net so I'd assume not.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Talador wildlife does not fuck around. I see a mineral spot, but it has 3 of those toads next to it and I'm like "N-n-naahhh... I'm good..." then later an Elder Ridge Prowler two levels under me killed my tanky bodyguard, earth elemental and me while I had all totems, healing rain, and shamanistic rage on, attacking it with the guardian orb summon, earthquake, flame shock, elemental blast, and lava blasts from ascendance.

Do you know how many massive boss beasts, powerful humanoid bosses, and large groups of enemies I have obliterated with that combo? Then some random cat below my level just pwns me in 30 seconds. So balanced.

lazygecko

Making a US account was much more complicated than I was led on to believe... Ended up having an extended live support chat with Blizzard, and after finding out that battle.net would just plain not let me create a US-specific battle.net account no matter how clear I was about typing in US URLs and everything, they ended up having to create an account for me on their end (Battle.net accounts do have invisible region-specific IDs, and EU ones are not eligible for stuff like RAF with people who have US accounts). And after that, it seems that my bank is blocking payments to Blizzard US so now I have to sort that out as well...

phierce

Garrison missions for gold / amount of gold earned from multiple toons is getting nerfed.

Ion Hazzikostas just confirmed during live Q&A.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
These guys are too charismatic, I get so pissed over months and months of world of garrisoncraft and then they just come out and tell me exactly what I want to hear.

I fall for it every time, they say they learn but they never learn.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's nice to at least see them use language like "regret" and "fix" when it comes to certain things that haven't worked out well.

The Demo answer is pretty crazy, tho. "The spec is bad and we are going to overhaul it but aren't doing that until after 6.2, so just don't use it for Hellfire."

That's gonna get a lot of play on the official warlock forums, I'm sure.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's nice to at least see them use language like "regret" and "fix" when it comes to certain things that haven't worked out well.

The Demo answer is pretty crazy, tho. "The spec is bad and we are going to overhaul it but aren't doing that until after 6.2, so just don't use it for Hellfire."

That's gonna get a lot of play on the official warlock forums, I'm sure.

Personally I'm fine with that. Demo is really clunky as a Warlock spec, let alone any DPS spec. Compared to other ranged DPS its absolutely retarded dumb with hand of guldan and demon form.

It can be simplified a bit by making demonic fury go away and have metamorphosis be a stance and just stance dancing or something, but he basically said they really don't like Demo, and it's gonna be redesigned, so they don't want to encourage people to switch to it.

As someone who was encouraged to switch to it, I can appreciate it. The people who like demo are gonna bitch, but they won't really care when afflic is top 5 DPS.

Anoregon

I've actually really liked Demo thematically, and have always liked playing it but found it less fun than the past couple xpacs at least in WoD. I like the big badass demons and whatnot. Hopefully the rework they are planning (probably for 7.0) will be fun.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I've actually really liked Demo thematically, and have always liked playing it but found it less fun than the past couple xpacs at least in WoD. I like the big badass demons and whatnot. Hopefully the rework they are planning (probably for 7.0) will be fun.

Totally agree, I just got my CM modes done just in time to never use my wrathguard with the giant 2Hers anymore, so it sucks a little bit.

But demo was a lot more fun than it is now, even doing a ton of cheese AOE damage is cool to top charts but its still not fun.

Afflic isn't as fun as it was in MoP either with soul swap costing a shard now, but it's still the same single target anyway, so gives me a good reason to swap to destro sometimes.

lazygecko

The MMO-Champ recap says nerfing garrison gold is something they *might* consider in the future.

I think deep down we all know this is something that isn't going to last.

Sensible interpretation: In the next iteration of garrisons there's going to be changes to the reward structure and something to discourage alt gold farming through it.

Not: GARRISONS WILL STOP GIVING GOLD TOMORROW. PARTY'S OVER.

ZenaxPure

I'm glad they owned up to apexis dailies and launch reps both being absolutely awful and their rewards being awful. Not holding out a ton of hope for Tanaan as a new proper story hub since it was probably in development before any sort of big decisions could be made but hopefully it means future patches/expansions won't be so terrible on that front.

Also

Yes, 6.1 was light on content and would have better been a 6.0.x patch.

God damn, not beating around the bush there at all. With them admitting that I wish there would have been some sort of follow up question that explained why WoD launched as a barren wasteland and then didn't have a content patch come out for ~8 months.

lazygecko

God damn, not beating around the bush there at all. With them admitting that I wish there would have been some sort of follow up question that explained why WoD launched as a barren wasteland and then didn't have a content patch come out for ~8 months.

I was going to say that 8 months was a bit of an exaggeration, but then I realized that it's actually true.

ZenaxPure

I was going to say that 8 months was a bit of an exaggeration, but then I realized that it's actually true.

Yeah, if we don't count 6.1 as a proper content patch it means we went around 8 months without a single patch for Warlords. Absolutely crazy after what happened at the end of MoP.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But how am I supposed to farm gold to keep my subscription going with WOW tokens? I guess I'll just stop playing it, like I did before.

ZenaxPure

How much and when? It's the only reason I'm still playing.

Unknown at this point, sounds like they don't have their solution down yet. I wouldn't start throwing up a fit just yet though, from the sound of their answer they don't want to nerf the garrison gold outright, what they want to do is put an end to people like me who are running literally 10+ garrisons. Seems like they specifically mentioned trying to have some sort of diminishing returns at an account-wide level.

Even if they do that running just 1 garrison will give more enough gold to buy multiple game time tokens per month (on U.S side) so it will still be pretty strong.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I figured they would nerf the gold eventually. It is a bit out of control if you have tons of alts.

My professions will still make more then enough gold.

ZenaxPure

I figured they would nerf the gold eventually. It is a bit out of control if you have tons of alts.

Oh yeah for sure, for me the question has always been "when?" because it is truly insane when you have a bunch of alts running missions - no way it was going to last forever. I've made at least 2 million gold so far, probably more as I stopped counting at some point, I can't be mad.

I choose to look at it as a way for blizz to thank me for sticking with Warlords despite its quality. Maybe that was their plan all along! Queue x-files theme.

StMeph

Oh yeah for sure, for me the question has always been "when?" because it is truly insane when you have a bunch of alts running missions - no way it was going to last forever. I've made at least 2 million gold so far, probably more as I stopped counting at some point, I can't be mad.

I choose to look at it as a way for blizz to thank me for sticking with Warlords despite its quality. Maybe that was their plan all along! Queue x-files theme.

It's completely perplexing to me how little inflation there has been in WoD compared to MoP given the amount of gold Garrisons create. It's all new gold going into the system, so it SHOULD have a huge impact on inflation... and yet we're this far into the life of WoD and it's barely budged. MAYBE a 50-100% increase over MoP when income has multiplied several fold.

I really don't understand why it hasn't blown up.

ZenaxPure

It's completely perplexing to me how little inflation there has been in WoD compared to MoP given the amount of gold Garrisons create. It's all new gold going into the system, so it SHOULD have a huge impact on inflation... and yet we're this far into the life of WoD and it's barely budged. MAYBE a 50-100% increase over MoP when income has multiplied several fold.

I really don't understand why it hasn't blown up.

You need a lot of alts to rake in the big bucks which I don't think most people have. Also tons of people unsubbed before 6.1 was even out so there's that as well.

Couleurs

Yeah, having mostly treasure hunter followers (plus salvage yards) on my army of alts gives me an absurd amount of gold each week for almost no effort (around 75-100k per week). It's not a surprise that it would be nerfed at some point since stacking THs is so crazy good.

On the bright side, the shitstorm should be entertaining when all of the tinfoils start yelling about how "Blizzard nerfed gold rewards because they want everyone to buy gold from them".

StMeph

You need a lot of alts to rake in the big bucks which I don't think most people have. Also tons of people unsubbed before 6.1 was even out so there's that as well.

You don't need a lot of alts to make tons of gold though. A single Garrison is enough to more than pay for a WoW Token at NA prices. 2-3 Garrisons mints a substantial amount of new gold for basically zero time/work. If one were to actually add in farming, etc, that's even more.

I just don't understand why prices haven't really budged since MoP. That has been a huge windfall for me, since I've been able to make (and spend) tons of gold in WoD.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blizz logic: Demo is too powerful and it is time for the spec to be the worst spec for warlocks. Disc priests are too powerful, oh well, maybe later.

You're being really, REALLY disingenuous here, like trolling level.

If that's how you interpreted what they said, you just plain weren't paying attention. They very clearly and concisely said that they want to re-design Demo and don't like how it plays. It's clunky, proc based, DoT juggling and stance dancing. They don't want the most dps spec being the one that is not fun to play.

Affliction and Destruction are fun to play, they just don't do as much DPS as demo does now so people feel forced to play Demo to do DPS, that is being fixed in 6.2.

JSoup

Banned
I assumed the lack of inflation was due to the lack of spending. People have more gold and the gold starved are trained to save it all until the stuff they want is as cheap as possible. So we have a large percentage of people who suddenly have money and no desire to spend any of it.

You're being really, REALLY disingenuous here, like trolling level.

If that's how you interpreted what they said, you just plain weren't paying attention. They very clearly and concisely said that they want to re-design Demo and don't like how it plays. It's clunky, proc based, DoT juggling and stance dancing. They don't want the most dps spec being the one that is not fun to play.

Affliction and Destruction are fun to play, they just don't do as much DPS as demo does now so people feel forced to play Demo to do DPS, that is being fixed in 6.2.

'Fun' to play is rather subjective no?

Destruction is the same ole same ole and Affliction isn't much better now that snapshotting is gone.

They also stated that absorbs aren't 'fun' for healers overall...yet they aren't gutting Disc 3/4 of the way through an expansion. Guess we will see how bad the Demo nerf is.

I'll watch the full Q/A tomorrow, basing this off of MMO-Champs paraphrasing (which could be misinterpretation).

So I just read the re-cap at MMO-Champ...

I don't PVP, but did they seriously not talk about Ashran or PVP in general AT ALL? Seems to be one of the biggest clusterfucks this Xpac.

Top Bottom