• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I have no real knowledge as to all the stuff in the expansion but the storyline seems like utter nonsense, like Metzen strongarmed people into letting him do an entire expansion where the story basically makes no sense just because he has a huge boner for Orcs.

Shahadan

So I have no real knowledge as to all the stuff in the expansion but the storyline seems like utter nonsense, like Metzen strongarmed people into letting him do an entire expansion where the story basically makes no sense just because he has a huge boner for Orcs.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mutual decision with other people to appeal to nostalgia and make people return, rather than having a boner for orcs. That's probably why the premise is bonkers, because it was more a business decision than anything.

In the end it's not really that far fetched but the troubles they had explaining it made it worse than it is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mutual decision with other people to appeal to nostalgia and make people return, rather than having a boner for orcs. That's probably why the premise is bonkers, because it was more a business decision than anything.

In the end it's not really that far fetched but the troubles they had explaining it made it worse than it is.

Like I said, I haven't followed much of the story since I quit in Siege. But the storyline premise makes very little sense from my outside perspective. Like why are we going to time travel Draenor outside of a boner for Orcs and/or Warcraft 2? Why not resolve the actual lingering plot threads before setting up time travel shenanigans?

Shahadan

Like I said, I haven't followed much of the story since I quit in Siege. But the storyline premise makes very little sense from my outside perspective. Like why are we going to time travel Draenor outside of a boner for Orcs and/or Warcraft 2? Why not resolve the actual lingering plot threads before setting up time travel shenanigans?

Well it is a continuation of the 5.4 plotline, since Garrosh, Kairoz, and Wrathion are responsible for WoD.
I find it quite interesting they made the players have a hand in it as well by powering week after week the artifact allowing the time shift.

Sadly you have to read the novel and the short stories on the website to really undertsand the damn thing, as usual.
In the end I think it's interesting and handled it well, just definitely not ingame and in PR at all.

And considering the trademark for the next expansion, it seems to be kinda wasted potential but whatever, we'll see.
Aslo, the time travel shenanigans are not new in WoW, and were far worse and made less sense in the end of Cataclysm either.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

So that people who subscribe after seeing the warcraft movie see/hear familiar names/faces.

If the next expansion is indeed Eye of Azshara/Southseas, it'll be a cool premise. While all of us were dicking around in alternate timeline, Azshara was able to come and fuck shit up back on Azeroth. Makes perfect sense. Might finally get a conclusion to the Neptulon story arc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just want my Arrakoa Shadow Priest and my Ogre Warlock in whatever expansion pack. S'all I want. Only class/combo left that I have any interest in.

No Naga. Never Naga.

If the next expansion is indeed Eye of Azshara/Southseas, it'll be a cool premise. While all of us were dicking around in alternate timeline, Azshara was able to come and fuck shit up back on Azeroth. Makes perfect sense. Might finally get a conclusion to the Neptulon story arc.
I want a quest that brings the murlocs closure in the Blasted Lands.

No matter how many naga I kill... it's never enough. :(

Kuntz

I hope you people have gold ready because garrisons seem to be the next gold sink (as no flying yet), especially if you plan to swap buildings often and get a full working garrison for every alt.

(And when you'll have bought everything, the gold cost will be nerfed because everyone complained).

I'm excited to see how the drastic changes to professions will influence the market for people playing the trade game like me.

Also, yes, we need more murlocs, it's been a while and we still eat troll raid/dungeon every xpac...

5il3nc3r

I was thinking since time traveling is already well established in WoW due to the caverns of time and the plot in WOD, why doesn't the plot acknowledge that we are travelling in time when we are doing BC and Lick king content while we are leveling? For example when we hit 60 one of the bronze dragon-flight appears and say "hey there is a problem in the time stream, please travel back in time and stop Illidan". It'll be less jarring than they way it works now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's up with places like Icy Veins not showing Crimson Tempest in AOE rotations? It's just like their valuing crit over mastery in Shadow. It seems half finished despite people extensively testing mechanics in beta. Could be a bad sign for returning players.

Tacitus_

I was thinking since time traveling is already well established in WoW due to the caverns of time and the plot in WOD, why doesn't the plot acknowledge that we are travelling in time when we are doing BC and Lick king content while we are leveling? For example when we hit 60 one of the bronze dragon-flight appears and say "hey there is a problem in the time stream, please travel back in time and stop Illidan". It'll be less jarring than they way it works now.

Well officially the timeline is linear, but Cataclysm made it wonky since chronologically its 1-60 part happens after the 70-80 part.
Just roll with it.

What I haven't grasped yet why this time travel is different from the caverns of time where we had to keep the timeline same but now Garrosh goes and creates an alternate timeline instead of modifying the original.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The timeline is thrown out the window even for Cataclysm. As a goblin, you now get orders to see vol'jin instead of Garrosh which makes no sense. And even the Twilight Highlands quest has Vol'jin sending you out to test the goblin siege engines. But Pandaren still report to Garrosh.

So it's like wait but I thought the timeline was linear in the expansions but if Vol'jin is warchief then
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Vol'jin is the one who tells you to check on the fleet into Twilight Highlands. The fleet that only Garrosh has any interest in because of wanting to reestablish himself with the Dragonmaw. So there would be zero reason for Vol'jin to want that fleet since Garrosh is the one doing that. Yet the Goblins are terified now of Vol'jin not thinking their siege engines are up to snuff when Vol'jin wouldn't give a fuck about that.

Tacitus_

But Vol'jin is the one who tells you to check on the fleet into Twilight Highlands. The fleet that only Garrosh has any interest in because of wanting to reestablish himself with the Dragonmaw. So there would be zero reason for Vol'jin to want that fleet since Garrosh is the one doing that. Yet the Goblins are terified now of Vol'jin not thinking their siege engines are up to snuff when Vol'jin wouldn't give a fuck about that.

Well it should be Garrosh there but Blizz won't use time to set it up that way. It's best to not think about how lore from two expansions back works with the lore from the current expansion with the changes in leadership. It's the same with finding a whiny Garrosh in Outland.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Basically what I'm saying is reinstate Garrosh because I'm already so done taking orders form this 8 foot tall juggalo mother fucker

Tacitus_

NO. GARROSH MURDERED BABIES.

He kidnapped them and then used them as a threat to get their parents to fight for him... and then after they did, he killed all of them and stranded the babies on the beaches with Naga.

Garrosh is a monster unworthy of the Horde.

Okay, I'm not RP-ing, just talking lore.

Pff, they were just those magnataurs from Northred. Barely intelligent. Sylvanas should lead the Horde, get it back to its roots.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Better Forsaken than Sylvanas

Putress
Godfrey

But then we'd lost out on that lucrative cosplay market
The Goblin quest chain is the ultimate proof that Thrall is mentally slow. Thank God he went away for a while

StayDead

From last night:

No more EoE ever again and 13 hours to WoD, let's gogogogoo! *shakes violently*

Better Forsaken than Sylvanas

Putress
Godfrey

But then we'd lost out on that lucrative cosplay market
The Goblin quest chain is the ultimate proof that Thrall is mentally slow. Thank God he went away for a while

Sylvannas best horde leader and best forsaken <3

Atlantis

Well officially the timeline is linear, but Cataclysm made it wonky since chronologically its 1-60 part happens after the 70-80 part.
Just roll with it.

The Draenei intro movie being post-Cataclysm while the quests still pick up immediately after the crash of the Exodar was so jarring.

Kuntz

1- Trade Prince Gallywix new warchief
2- Buy Alliance / Domination / Peace / Wrathion / Burning Legion / Titans...
3- ???
4- Profit

Acidote

Warlords of Draenor activated... and I won't get to play it until December 8th because I'll be out for three weeks. Damn.

cdyhybrid

Going to wake up early, start work early so I can get off early, sleep for a few hours, wake up at 11:30PM or so, and be ready to go once Warlords goes live.

JSoup

Banned

The real kicker to that quest chain is they don't even really fully explain how he got caught in the first place, aside from SI:7 getting really damn lucky when Thrall went "opps, I fell into a cage".

Karl Hawk

Banned
How much gold do you guys have going into the expansion? i'm at 85k right now, guess i can just spend a lot on the garrison stuff straight away

I have about 1.8k going into the expansion. Would have been 2.9k had I not sent 1000 gold for my alt to buy flying skill lol.

I am not even sure how much gold I should get in WoD. I'll be satisfied if I get at least to 20k.

Speaking of garrisons, I think I'll shoot for something like this http://www.wowhead.com/garrison-calc#G1YFIQMBKAE3gBSNFiQBcKGBwBmFOz8D-JQ4cFEq

Focus is on boosting my crafting professions and followers.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether I should have a lumber mill while leveling up my other buildings and then replace it with a barn.

Lol, I haven't decided what kind of Garrisons I should do.

I wanna aim to farming gold and raiding, but IIRC, that's level 3 stuff so it's gonna take a while. ._.

Kuntz

Lumber mill is great to rack up those garrison resources while leveling in gorgrond/talador/nagrand, because you'll need a lot of those to upgrade to level 3.

The barn can wait until you're level 100.

Number45

I must be missing something because I tried the other day and I thought it was mind crushingly dull ;(
I have 32k hoarded from migrating toons from various other realms, having not played at all since Cata (not sure I even played Mists at all, I dabbled with the beta).

No idea what I'll spend it on. Nothing, knowing me I'd much rather have the gold (which is precisely the opposite of what I'm like with money in real life).

How much gold do you guys have going into the expansion? i'm at 85k right now, guess i can just spend a lot on the garrison stuff straight away

I've never been one to make gold, but there hadnt been much in MoP to spebd it on. So I have like 50k in my monk/shamans server and like 20k on my other server which has all my other characters (including those I will be maiming for WoD.)

Really wish there was a way to transfer gold because I won't be playing my monk/shaman for a while.

Lumine

I keep checking my mail in the hope I got confirmation they've sent my WoD retail copy, but nothing so far. Starting to get a little worried they won't send it until tomorrow, which means I won't be able to play before Friday. At the earliest. :(

I'm switching to Death Knight as my main for WoD. It has no professions yet though and with all the Garrison stuff I know even less what to pick. I'm thinking of going with Mining first and maybe accompany it with Blacksmithing. Then when I hit 100 I'll switch out Mining for Engineering while I'll start leveling my old main who already has Mining (and JC) to keep sustaining both professions on my DK.
Would something like that work? Or is this a terrible idea with the upcoming garrisons?

Ugh I gotta find something else to play for the next few days, the wait is going to be excruciating. :p

Top Bottom