• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

mileS

If you're looking to transfer a bit of gold between servers you could try mini pets? Seeing as how you have to learn them before you box them up to sell. Just box it on the server you want gold on and sell it.

Just thought of this the other day. Mind you the mini pet market can run pretty slow sometimes.

People on EU are losing their Archaeology progress, apparently blizz says they're SoL, you should check yours if you're on EU to be sure.

Move all of the money to one character and transfer it, that's usually what I do when I move realms.

More money than I'm willing spend for some gold.

I'd the the whole buy pets sell them thing, but I'm far too lazy.

I'm switching to Death Knight as my main for WoD. It has no professions yet

Yeah doing the exact same, but now that combat perks from professions are gone I don't think I'll bother with them on my DK unless engineering gets some awesome BoP stuff.

Acidote

Reading you guys knowing I won't be able to play it until next month is killing me. I have to enjoy my three weeks in Japan to the fullest to make it worth it!

rallaren

I just soloed Hyjal on warrior, feels like enough WoW for a week. My sub runs out in a few days. I'll see what I can come up with. Been running group finder with my rogue a couple of lvls in Outland but it's not that fun.

StayDead

you scum (does anyone actually play one and only one side this late into the game)

Me? :p I have a load of ex horde characters but I haven't got any on any really busy servers and nobody to play horde with so don't bother.

Sorted my bags on my druid and for the first time ever only have about 4 things in there (thank you god for the second void storage tab) and those are purely for fishing anyway (the raft, the treasure, the rod and my hearthstone). Mages bags are sorted along with paladins too. COME AT ME WOD.

Hixx

I just soloed Hyjal on warrior, feels like enough WoW for a week. My sub runs out in a few days. I'll see what I can come up with. Been running group finder with my rogue a couple of lvls in Outland but it's not that fun.

Outland dungeons are mindnumbing. I took my 'lock through them and got into a cool group where we chained them for about 4 levels and I ended up having to leave so I could go back to questing... and I hate Outland questing. I'll be gutted if WoD levelling dungeons are that boring.

-

10 hours! :eek:

rallaren

Outland dungeons are mindnumbing. I took my 'lock through them and got into a cool group where we chained them for about 4 levels and I ended up having to leave so I could go back to questing... and I hate Outland questing. I'll be gutted if WoD levelling dungeons are that boring.
The drops aren't that good compared to the q rewards either.

Tacitus_

-

10 hours! :eek:

You have to keep in mind that their design is 8years old at this point. Thenew dungeons are more like MoP or Cata.

Hixx

You have to keep in mind that their design is 8years old at this point. Thenew dungeons are more like MoP or Cata.

It's not so much the design, it's that nothing matters in them anymore. You go in, you AoE, you keep running, you AoE more, you win, you start again. I really wish there was some compelling group content when levelling. Not hard, because that just wouldn't work with LFG and people learning the classes, but have it at least be more than being utterly thoughtless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the things that makes me just pay to faction/race instead of rerolling is void storage. I'm getting transmog for my fresh rogue now, and it's reminding me of all the pain. Stuff like BT isn't so bad but then you have to do Hyjal for like... a belt. Or if you want the better colored rogue tier from Naxx, you have to do 10 man where the bosses only drop ONE token, and it's only a select few bosses.

Holy hell is it tedious. Gothik makes me want to kiss my second monitor.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whenever people rage against WoW lore and metzen in general, I can't help but think they should just go play Destiny for a little while to experience what real inept, shitty storytelling looks like.

WoW aint shakespeare, but it's fine. It's kind of over the top and silly and things happen just so that we have cool new things to kill, but the actual narrative is at least told competently, and much of the "LORELOL THIS MAKES NO SENSE" is largely hyperbolic or just comes from (legitimate, non-malicious) ignorance.

I don't even seen WoD as a stretch. I mean sure, the actual intent is just "lets give players a reason to check out draenor and all the old badass orcs", but the implementation of that into the existing story flows just fine from existing lore including Siege and Timeless Isle (Kairoz/hourglass business) with the novel/short story stuff filling in the gaps nicely.

I think the story is too fragmented into books, comics and the game, and the ingame storytelling isnt exactly the best so i would not blame anyone for being lost with the story or thinking that it doesnt make sense.

Jag

Posting this Garrison graphic again. If anyone asks about Garrisons, this is probably the absolute best guide that I have seen. It takes the info from a bunch of popular guides and compiles it. You should really check it out.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Garrisons1.png

One new thing I learned from it is that the Trading Post gives you a 20% account wide buff to rep. Probably going to get my banker to put this up ASAP (glad I leveled him from 1-90 out of boredom).

Edit: Crap, read that it requires Exalted with 3 Draenor reps to get it AND that it is a Level 3 bldg. So I guess this is the new commendation for alts.

I'm going in to WoD with 220k gold from the past 10 years. I spent 24k on H. Garry runs for new alts but didn't really do much else except run some old instances for mounts and cash.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's a 'followers bonus' and how do you get it?

Cuz I wanna build an enchanting hut and transmog my weapon glows ASAP.

You can select a follower to work at a garrison building, and some followers have specific bonuses to applicable professions/buildings.

Interfectum

Whenever people rage against WoW lore and metzen in general, I can't help but think they should just go play Destiny for a little while to experience what real inept, shitty storytelling looks like.

WoW aint shakespeare, but it's fine. It's kind of over the top and silly and things happen just so that we have cool new things to kill, but the actual narrative is at least told competently, and much of the "LORELOL THIS MAKES NO SENSE" is largely hyperbolic or just comes from (legitimate, non-malicious) ignorance.

I don't even seen WoD as a stretch. I mean sure, the actual intent is just "lets give players a reason to check out draenor and all the old badass orcs", but the implementation of that into the existing story flows just fine from existing lore including Siege and Timeless Isle (Kairoz/hourglass business) with the novel/short story stuff filling in the gaps nicely.

I agree. I think WoW's lore is silly but it's still fun and memorable. Shit like Destiny is intolerable.

Magnus

That Garrison image really helps put it all together. I'm sure there are more details to many of the buildings that'll complicate things further, but this is a great way to start.

I think I'll take all the recommendations and use the levelling build and switch to a gold build later.

Interfectum

So how is everyone doing the small plots? Are you going to match your profession or go with a profession your character doesn't have?

Zelias

Banned
So how is everyone doing the small plots? Are you going to match your profession or go with a profession your character doesn't have?
Gonna match my professions - Tailoring/Enchanting.

Need to level them though, they're still at Cata level from the last time I played this character (Worgen Priest) seriously :/

Karl Hawk

Banned
the wait is too fucking much

Yep. I would like to experience the launch when it opens, but considering it's 3 AM for me, that's pretty much impossible lol.

And regarding the lore, considering how much I don't care for fantasy settings, I still find WoW to be pretty cool lore-wise.

I'm not advanced in terms of knowledge about Warcraft universe, of course. Since I'm one of the few people who finds WoD's premise (Then again, I find alternate time-line stuff to be pretty cool) interesting.

Though I understand how confusing it is for some people considering you need to read the books or skim through the wiki to understand it's premise.

StMeph

Pff, they were just those magnataurs from Northred. Barely intelligent. Sylvanas should lead the Horde, get it back to its roots.

Sylvanas shouldn't even be a faction leader. Undead shouldn't even be Horde. Ogres and goblins were already in, and should have been in as soon as possible.

I have about 1.8k going into the expansion. Would have been 2.9k had I not sent 1000 gold for my alt to buy flying skill lol.

1.5k :lol

How? Even without trading on the AH, just soloing old stuff nets way more gold than that. ANY amount of farming would net more gold than that.

It's not so much the design, it's that nothing matters in them anymore. You go in, you AoE, you keep running, you AoE more, you win, you start again. I really wish there was some compelling group content when levelling. Not hard, because that just wouldn't work with LFG and people learning the classes, but have it at least be more than being utterly thoughtless.

Not sure what would be compelling-and-thoughtful-but-not-hard. Either the mechanics are trivial, or they aren't. Either they're difficult, or they're not. And any of the interesting RP/lore things you really only want to see once, but that becomes a repetitive bore after running the same thing multiple times, and just serves to slow the run down further.

Magnus

The Salvage Yard isn't a must for everyone? I think that'll definitely be a mainstay Small building in my Garrison.

My main is an enchanter. Nonetheless, I'll probably go with the Ench building to max out what the profession is capable of.

All these daily crafting quests the Small buildings have available for a 75-300g reward: do you need to have the matching profession to access and do those? It's unclear. A guide on MMO-Champion mentioned that you could pick herbs in herb garden and mine in the mining cavern even if you didn't have those professions....

These are the kinds of specific questions and details all of these guides don't cover that confuse things.

How? Even without trading on the AH, just soloing old stuff nets way more gold than that. ANY amount of farming would net more gold than that.

Haven't played in a while, All I did lately was level Alchemy and Herbalism. Leveling Alchemy cost me money. Also had to buy MoP flying which cost me money. So yeah, 1.5k.

Interfectum

I'm curious if WoW subs will go even higher than they already announced. In-game there seems to be a lot of excitement and people resubbing. A lot more excitement than pre-MoP launch anyway.

Anoregon

Yeah, Salvage yard is absolutely a permanent small plot in my garrison.

I'm curious if WoW subs will go even higher than they already announced. In-game there seems to be a lot of excitement and people resubbing. A lot more excitement than pre-MoP launch anyway.

Probably. Pretty much all of my good wow buddies have bought WoD and are pumped for launch; this was not the case with Mists.

Guesong

Probably. Pretty much all of my good wow buddies have bought WoD and are pumped for launch; this was not the case with Mists.

I hear them!

I have the feeling this is gonna be the best expansion since WoTLK. I hopped on with WoTLK so I can't judge BC, but despite the kind of ridiculous premise to lead us to Draenor, I think WoD is gonna be great lorewise and I could not be more delighted to go back to classic Warcraft style instead of the oriental-themed MoP.

TheContact

I hear them!

I have the feeling this is gonna be the best expansion since WoTLK. I hopped on with WoTLK so I can't judge BC, but despite the kind of ridiculous premise to lead us to Draenor, I think WoD is gonna be great lorewise and I could not be more delighted to go back to classic Warcraft style instead of the oriental-themed MoP.

Same. Mists didn't feel like Warcraft to me. Pandas were such a stupid idea and the only reason they put it in, according to blizz LFG video, was because there was such an outcry to have them in the game after the April fools joke. I personally don't remember that outcry I just thought it was a funny JOKE.

Warlords feels like WoW again. Hope it's as good as the BC expansion

How much gold do you guys have going into the expansion? i'm at 85k right now, guess i can just spend a lot on the garrison stuff straight away

I had 150k but I'm down to 100k after buying garrosh heirlooms for me and my friend. I'm not good at playing the AH I just do dailies

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Planning to do profession matching for now.
I only have one crafting profession, and that is tailoring. I will use one small plot for that, other for blacksmithing (I've got mining as gathering profession).

lazygecko

Conveniently, I'm down with a fever. Also conveniently, it's bad enough that I can barely even summon the energy to play during WoD launch.

mileS

Same. Mists didn't feel like Warcraft to me. Pandas were such a stupid idea and the only reason they put it in, according to blizz LFG video, was because there was such an outcry to have them in the game after the April fools joke. I personally don't remember that outcry I just thought it was a funny joke
Pandas have been in warcraft lore since warcraft 3 was in development. I can understand your reaction if you thought they were just something dumb that they felt they had to put in after a joke, but thats not the case at all.

I can understand some of the hate for mop in general, and the overall setting, but like it or not it has been part of the lore longer than WoW has been around. Makes sense to get to explore where they are from.

Shahadan

Same. Mists didn't feel like Warcraft to me. Pandas were such a stupid idea and the only reason they put it in, according to blizz LFG video, was because there was such an outcry to have them in the game after the April fools joke. I personally don't remember that outcry I just thought it was a funny JOKE.

Warlords feels like WoW again. Hope it's as good as the BC expansion

Pandaren have been heavily requested since vanilla.
Also MoP was more warcraft than anything since it's the only xpac focusing on the Alliance/Horde war and finally doing something with it in years.

Warlords is yet another side activity with another world conquering army. Would it not be the old horde, it'd lose much of its appeal.

ZenaxPure

Oddly enough it's pretty much the opposite for me, not seeing very much interest in most of my friends for WoD. I actually wasn't planning on playing either but I didn't pay for the xpac or the sub so whatever. Free is a good price to get back into the game.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Lol, just now, I have 2.5k gold now thanks to hoarding loot from Blackwing Lair and Frog farming. :p

Not exactly where I should be right now in terms of money (in-game money, mind you.), but at least I got some stuff to spend.

Top Bottom