• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Even after reading summaries I mostly have no clue what to do with the Garrison still. When I read those descriptions I feel like I'm missing some fundamental aspect that will put the whole thing in perspective and help it make sense. The main thing I wonder is what is to gain and what is to lose from having buildings the same as your profession.

Around 460k.

Had a little more, but I bought a Kovok pet, plus power leveled enchanting on my warrior, along with another expense or two.

Not unhappy going in with that though. Good base to start to hit gold cap from.

V_Arnold

I have 3-4k gold on my main, 1-2k in others.

Problem is: all expansions had huge money sink, and I never stick around till the end of expansions to just gather money. So I am always low.

mileS

Posting this Garrison graphic again. If anyone asks about Garrisons, this is probably the absolute best guide that I have seen. It takes the info from a bunch of popular guides and compiles it. You should really check it out.

http://blog.askmrrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Garrisons1.png

One new thing I learned from it is that the Trading Post gives you a 20% account wide buff to rep. Probably going to get my banker to put this up ASAP (glad I leveled him from 1-90 out of boredom).

Edit: Crap, read that it requires Exalted with 3 Draenor reps to get it AND that it is a Level 3 bldg. So I guess this is the new commendation for alts.

I'm going in to WoD with 220k gold from the past 10 years. I spent 24k on H. Garry runs for new alts but didn't really do much else except run some old instances for mounts and cash.

Thanks for this! Really helps. Im still a bit confused by the salvage yard. Do you actually get raid gear from certain missions or quests? Like it would help what they meant by "raid" gear. Lfr? Flex? As far as item level.

Same. Mists didn't feel like Warcraft to me. Pandas were such a stupid idea and the only reason they put it in, according to blizz LFG video, was because there was such an outcry to have them in the game after the April fools joke. I personally don't remember that outcry I just thought it was a funny JOKE.

Warlords feels like WoW again. Hope it's as good as the BC expansion

Sam was referring to their initial inclusion in Warcraft 3, not WoW.

Mists introduced so many improvements to the game that knocking it while overlooking Cataclysm is an atrocity.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Which engineering mount are you talking about? I can't seem to find anything on an engi mount for wod.

There's like 2 different kind of rocket mounts i think that you can learn from your trainer. But they cost 3 items sold from a vendor that are like 18k each(on top of other materials).

And there's the goblin shredder kind of mount that I forgot the name but isn't nearly as expensive.

My girlfriend is working tomorrow evening. So after I come back from work, I'm debating to either..

1) Wait for her so that we can both see Draenor for the 1st time together and play something else in the mean time(like MK8 DLC pack1)

or...

2) Start playing right away, i got nine lvl 90 characters anyway.

Zelias

Banned
I have 7.5k on my main going into WoD, think I have a couple thousand on alt on the same server too. Not much, but I'm sure there'll be opportunities to make gold.

Tacitus_

There's like 2 different kind of rocket mounts i think that you can learn from your trainer. But they cost 3 items sold from a vendor that are like 18k each(on top of other materials).

And there's the goblin shredder kind of mount that I forgot the name but isn't nearly as expensive.

The goblin / gnome rockets are MoP mounts. The confusion seems to be on what expansion they came from.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My CE order on amazon is in the shipping processing stage. Wee.

Somnia

I know I shouldn't since I work... But gonna crash around 9 tonight to wake up for launch at 2am my time. That'll give me 5 hours before I have to get ready for work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since I work morning, I'm thinking by the time I get home the big rush through the gates will be done. And I'll have a few hours before people get off their 8-5 jobs and kids get out of school.

ZenaxPure

I have 3-4k gold on my main, 1-2k in others.

Problem is: all expansions had huge money sink, and I never stick around till the end of expansions to just gather money. So I am always low.

Honestly I make most of my gold at the very start of an expansion and then just sort of ride it out until the end, people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for crafted items. I remember selling quite a few crafted LW epics at the start of cata for 20k a pop and just laughing to myself because I would never pay that much for them.

MoP is the only time I've actually went really hard on making gold. Leveled up every single profession and made gold with all of them, had nearly 200k left after buying many of the expensive mounts (motorcycle, sandstone drake, grand yak, every single mammoth, and others). Not sure if I will repeat that in WoD yet, but, we'll see I guess.

mileS

With raids and the pvp season not starting until december, annnd the realm first achievements gone, the need to rush to cap is not as high imo. Plenty of time to get ready for stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The garrison transmog building should really be free if you're going to go that route. Otherwise, it's a real meh perk.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still don't even know what I want to use my 90 boost on. I have a warrior, pally, and druid at 60 that I can boost, and want to eventually get my mage and priest there as well.

Although from what I understand, leveling tradeskills on Draenor is pretty easy so getting 600 skills from boosting a 60 may not even really matter much.

With raids and the pvp season not starting until december, annnd the realm first achievements gone, the need to rush to cap is not as high imo. Plenty of time to get ready for stuff.

I'm hoping that the lack of raids and PVP season for a few weeks will make Ashran the place to be for level 100's. Should be some fun times!

Jarnet87

Have about 18k on my main. Spent at least 12k on different stuff (Garrosh Heirlooms, some leatherworking on my rogue, gearing up my pally). I should have farmed it back but oh well, I'm sure the questing from 90-100 will make some decent gold.

V_Arnold

Honestly I make most of my gold at the very start of an expansion and then just sort of ride it out until the end, people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for crafted items. I remember selling quite a few crafted LW epics at the start of cata for 20k a pop and just laughing to myself because I would never pay that much for them.

MoP is the only time I've actually went really hard on making gold. Leveled up every single profession and made gold with all of them, had nearly 200k left after buying many of the expensive mounts (motorcycle, sandstone drake, grand yak, every single mammoth, and others). Not sure if I will repeat that in WoD yet, but, we'll see I guess.

Every time I started a new exp until MoP, there were some 5k gold requirement for new, fast/faster flying mount or license. I kept paying them, and it always took all I had :D

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yeah, while I do like playing the game in a marathon session when it launches... it's going to be a different experience for me this time around as I won't be doing that, and there won't be anything to do aside from 'getting ready' for those things in December.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, while I do like playing the game in a marathon session when it launches... it's going to be a different experience for me this time around as I won't be doing that, and there won't be anything to do aside from 'getting ready' for those things in December.
Won't the world bosses (Rukhmar etc.) be available before December? While they are not as time consuming as raids, I would assume those wanting to raid in December also want to camp the world bosses a bit to hopefully get some gear.

Arksy

Is there any way to farm these new apexis crystals in a way that's not time gated by dailies or weeklies and free to go at your own pace farming however long or quick it is? So basically like frog farming...?

Hixx

Is there any way to farm these new apexis crystals in a way that's not time gated by dailies or weeklies and free to go at your own pace farming however long or quick it is? So basically like frog farming...?

Level 100 mobs can drop them in tiny amounts. Rares also drop them.

Anoregon

They do drop off of max level mobs, apparently.

Tamanon

Banned
Basically it sounds like the Apexis things are like Lesser Charms from MoP.

They should let me use my old Apexis shards I have in the bank on my mage. Still have a few hundred!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;138525670 said:
Won't the world bosses (Rukhmar etc.) be available before December? While they are not as time consuming as raids, I would assume those wanting to raid in December also want to camp the world bosses a bit to hopefully get some gear.

Well yeah, but that's not like really 'raiding' or whatever ;p.

After I hit 100 I'll probably just be doing garrisons, heroic dungeons, maybe CMs, and a bit of BGs.

ampere

Any link to a guide for soloing Dragon Soul? Ideally as a Blood or Unholy DK.

What fight do you need help with? Go Blood spec.

Morchock -> Blackthorn are literally just super easy on 10 normal. Just clear trash before bosses if you are worried. Zon'ozz you can bounce the ball a few times then let him run into it. Hagara if you get the lightning phase and can't kill her before it you just have to wait it out for the 5 minutes.

Spine is a little trickier. You will want to kill the four tentacles and then stand in one of their spawn spots and roll the boss. You'll probably want Big Wigs or DBM alerts since DW will keep trying to roll if you are solo. It's a 10 second timer now. Then you just keep strafing back and forth and wait for 9 bloods to be out, kill them, kill a new tentacle, work the amalg down to ~40% or lower and pick up all the bloods with it. Then take it to the far plate and finish him, dps the tendon when exposed, repeat x3.

The rolling is annoying. On madness just kill stuff, do the far left platform last so you don't have to single target burning tentacles. And make sure on the final platform to kill the terrors quickly because their debuff still hurts.

Grats, today I got Tusks of Mannoroth from Garrosh, only the second time seeing in drop.

Wow grats. Aren't you a Paladin? Our Paladin bonus rolled those in a sale run last week. Only pair our guild has gotten them, no Warrior got em. Poor Warriors

I personally think you REALLY have to suspend belief and just go with it.

The universe they created with Warcraft is so cool, but often individual plotlines are very cheesy. Like Caverns of Time is an incredible place to fly around, but go inside Dragon Soul? Ughhhhhh. Ughhhhh.

There is, normal mobs drop like 2 crystals each... don't do it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
After a very long hiatus in between WotLK and tail-end of Thunder of Thunder (which is when I finally bought Mists of Pandaria), coupled in between several months of unsubbing once my main hit 90 and coming back with a vengeance over the past couple of months... I feel like I've accomplished what I wanted to pre-WoD.

Sure I didn't get the legendary cloak, nor bother with Siege of Orgrimmar, but I've done what I can on a limited personal guild that is setup for two (myself and my partner) as well as battling a full-time job with part-time Uni and having WoW compete against PC & Nintendo flavour games of the week. I've maxed Alchemy, Herbalism, Mining, Blacksmithing, Inscription, and Tailoring, as well as maxing Cooking, Fishing, Archaeology, and First Aid (fuck you pre-6.0 "let's solo ram through Cata heroics" Embersilk droprate).

Since I play on RP realms it is an unwritten law to appear as best as you can while running through cities - after all no one wants to look like a scrub at a dinner party....

So I present my silly transmogs:

02jVLmb.png

This guy is the main. Travel forms are too good, especially for Herbalism, and Bears never die. This is the transmog I am running with now.. I used to run as:

9zokFAQ.png

But the cloth robe made that hard since I can only transmog Leather.

Ultimately I want him to look like:

N75vKHb.png

And yet the only thing I've left to grab from that damn transmog is the headpiece that drops from both Nefarion in BWL and Onyxia. Week in, week out, nothing. I've killed Nefarion about 30 times. Ridiculous. That robe is cloth, again, but I can tell you that the amount of times I ran Sunken Temple pre-Cata for it made it all worthwhile. Literally must've been close to 100 times. Screw that droprate... which brings me to...

the Paladin:

oyTlfMW.png

Weapon is arse. Contemplating farming Ulduar for the legendary to suit, but running Malygos in the meantime for Hailstorm. I've done it for a month, so 4 runs, and I've already received the Azure Drake last week and the Blue Drake this week. No wonder that Druid helm won't drop.

WQOh4Fk.png

Slight pride and joy. Orc Warlocks are the best and this tier always looks amazing on them. The sword took a couple week's worth of runs, but again, worth it versus the mind numb. Contemplating on switching the shoulders to the PVP version for the darker black & crimson, but the pale shoulders look nice on the bat mount. I was going to run Hyjal Summit over and over for the sword to suit the outfit, but that raid annoys me too much and I prefer the Suneater at the end of the day.

LwKnwBH.png

Shop helm! Shock horror! But it suits the transmog to a degree. I'd prefer the proper Frost Belt but it costs an arm and a leg and I'm not that desperate since I hardly play this little guy. He's nothing more than a goodwill portal service when I'm doing something else on another monitor.

rDz20Z8.png

Shaman for life. First WoW character and still a beast. Original dungeon set with a few bits and pieces plus the lack thereof. This "robe" sells for 1,000g on the AH due to its neutral colouring scheme - I've got the purple one on my Druid from a long time ago just in case (I ever wanted to race-change to Troll before Trolls were even thought of becoming Druids.) Good times.

I've also got an alternative transmog for him when I want to pull out the ol' Stone Guard title and it's basically a pale red armor suit that (hopefully) compliments the Orgrimmar guard NPCs... I cbf going through the bank to figure out that one since it's going to be a mess.

Christ I feel like I've just opened up my closet and nothing but Barbie dolls have fallen out. /shame

Boogdud

Yeah I know about those and have them, I thought he was talking about a new engineering mount for WoD. I don't think there are any (yet).

For me it's hard to knock MoP just because of a lot of the framework improvements and focus on rewarding casual gameplay were outstanding. For that I will commend it. But I absolutely loathe the atmosphere and setting, I'm glad to move past it.

I can't say I agree with the 'it focused on the alliance/horde war more than other expansions' line of thinking. The pandas/sha were merely a device to get the horde/alliance to fight together against something. Just like every other expansion, ever. I'm thinking alliance players probably think MoP focused more on the alliance/horde war because they got to raid orgrimmar, but at the same time, so did the horde so it wasn't exactly bringing the old war to the forefront any more than any other expac, imo.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The next expansion will already be out by then.

No chance in hell of that. Movie is March 2016. Blizzard goes on a two year cycle. If they were planning an expansion for next year they would have announced it by now. Best case scenario they're a little faster and that still pegs the expansion out summer 2016.

Also the movie was originally slated for Fall/Winter of next year before Star Wars showed up. I honestly believe the movie played a part in the decision for the theme of the expansion.

Guesong

Pandaren have been heavily requested since vanilla.
Also MoP was more warcraft than anything since it's the only xpac focusing on the Alliance/Horde war and finally doing something with it in years.

Warlords is yet another side activity with another world conquering army. Would it not be the old horde, it'd lose much of its appeal.

Heavily requested, but certainly not by all.

Warcraft, to me, and especially since Warcraft 3, is much more than Orcs vs Humans. It's about the stories of the characters inhabiting the world, the progression, what have they become and so on. Mists of Pandaria may have been great gameplay-wise, but I never got into it.

I play with some friends, and one of them couldn't give a crap about the lore. But I do. And to me, butchering Garrosh's character and introducing the Sha & Mogu out of nowhere was a big dampener on my enjoyment. You still have plenty of lore to explore! Why are we doing this?!

If I don't see why I am playing Scyxia the Death Knight, then why am I playing? I'm not an RPer at all, but I do love some thematic consistence my characters can follow. MoP totally took me out of it.

So as I said, yes, the reason why we are back on Draenor is kind of far-fetched, but it makes sense in the Warcraft universe and the Timeless Isle and all. And now, we have a great setting for alot of interactions between new and old (I am so expecting Thrall to die at Grommash's hand), the possibilites of bringing back foes and friends long defeated, with a classic western fantasy Warcraft style.

Jag

Thanks for this! Really helps. Im still a bit confused by the salvage yard. Do you actually get raid gear from certain missions or quests? Like it would help what they meant by "raid" gear. Lfr? Flex? As far as item level.

Not sure of the level, but I don't think it is going to be very high. Maybe LFR or Flex. I also get the impression the drop rates will be low, so good for non-raiding alts that you want to get some gear.

I'm sure the questing from 90-100 will make some decent gold.

One of the requirements for the Storehouse Level 3 is the achievement to loot 10,000 gold in Draenor. 10,000 gold is also what it costs to change an Outpost. I highly suspect we will be able to earn that amount just playing the game normally.

TheContact

My girlfriend is working tomorrow evening. So after I come back from work, I'm debating to either..

1) Wait for her so that we can both see Draenor for the 1st time together and play something else in the mean time(like MK8 DLC pack1)

or...

2) Start playing right away, i got nine lvl 90 characters anyway.
Play something else. See it together for first time; will be way more enjoyable for the both of you. You're gonna get bored doing same content twice in the same day or so

Top Bottom