• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rizzi

I got trapped in a loading screen for like 40 minutes when MoP released, so my expectations may be slightly tainted. :p

Kuntz

For scribes : new players are buying glyphs. Many glyphs.
Faster than I can sell them.
Don't wait idly in front of a portal, make money!

Fjordson

So, who wants to bet that everything explodes the second the expansion is accessible?
Definitely could happen, but it would be an odd regression from the last few launches.

are any stores selling physical copies today? or am i pretty much forced to do a digital purchase if i want to get in as it starts?
You could possibly find some store willing to break street date or find a local store doing a midnight release, but yeah, the easiest way to be playing at midnight is digital.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cata and MoP launches were smooth though. The zones are overpopulated but the servers themselves work fine.

Ally and Horde having their own starter zones (after tanaan) should help a bit. Also there is no cross-realm for Draenor zones, so that will also somewhat keep populations from exploding.

Hyyype, Cordana, Threall, Khadgar and Maraad just showed up at Blasted Lands!

And their solid, which means no annoying people blocking the NPCs with Mammoths.

Ohh, alot of other NPCS are here as well.

CassSept

Hyyype, Cordana, Threall, Khadgar and Maraad just showed up at Blasted Lands!

And their solid, which means no annoying people blocking the NPCs with Mammoths.

Ohh, alot of other NPCS are here as well.

Huh? Is there some sort of event going on for the opening of the Dark Portal?

Fjordson

Anyone watching the dev talk on twitch right now? http://www.twitch.tv/wow

Enjoying it. Ion Hazzikostas is just the best.
Just tuned in. Hazzikostas is a smart ass dude man. Always enjoy hearing him talk.

edit: omg, someone just asked about the postmaster returning literally everything to you from a boss. Small thing, but really glad they fixed that lol. No more vial of swirling mists!

Fjordson

Heh, you can't mount up in an area around where Khadgar etc. are standing. Thank you for doing that Blizz.
DocFistPump.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So the absolute first quest Thrall gave me (near Dark Portal, as the pre-hype-quest just before Warlords of Draenor) gives me a blue ring that's an upgrade from my previous heroic raiding ring (early MoP).

This is TBC all over again, my god.

Trickster

Anyone watching the dev talk on twitch right now? http://www.twitch.tv/wow

Enjoying it. Ion Hazzikostas is just the best.

Had never seen him before blizzcon last year, and instantly became a fan of him. Dude is super eloquent and so on point with any questions and issues people bring up about WoW. I really think him being lead game designer is a big reason for why WoD seems to be doing so many things right ( in my mind at least )

vocab

So the absolute first quest Thrall gave me (near Dark Portal, as the pre-hype-quest just before Warlords of Draenor) gives me a blue ring that's an upgrade from my previous heroic raiding ring (early MoP).

This is TBC all over again, my god.

t14 ilvl is so low. Youll be replacing everything

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If stat squish didn't happen, would we be critting for a million in Draenor?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Pre-stat squish many abilities could already crit for over one million in mists.

ampere

World bosses won't appear until the raids open. Booo.

Source? I thought it was being staggered, but we'd get one initially.

How many new world boss mounts are there? Hoping for a new 3-4 boss tour like Pandaria.

I just know of the spirehawk one.

That's the only one out of the first 3 world bosses afaik.

People were already doing that in SoO pre-6.0 lol.

Slayerx

It might not explode immediately but 30-60 minutes after launch when everyone gets access to garrisons. You are basically creating millions of instances at the same time, kinda. Will be fun to watch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
*clicks on Thrall in Blasted Lands*

"WELCOME TO ORGRIMMAR! Have you come to serve the horde?!"

Anoregon

I kind of wish the tier set nomenclature would change, now that we are gonna be on our way to 20. Instead of going from 1 to infinity, it would be better if it was noted by xpac. Like instead of Tier 5, it would be "BC Tier 2", tier 7 would be "WOTLK Tier 1" etc.

Boogdud

So on the "Looking for Group" documentary. This has kind of bugged me since seeing the documentary. Anyone else notice that there are at least 3-4 people that were 'on the street' interviewed in the documentary (which were filmed in August), and then later showed up asking questions on the Q&A developer panels during Blizzcon? Some asking the same questions/points that they raised in the documentary. I always had the impression that the questions were just directly pulled from the audience at blizzcon and weren't really 'canned', but after seeing that I have my doubts.

Hixx

Source? I thought it was being staggered, but we'd get one initially.

That's the only one out of the first 3 world bosses afaik.

People were already doing that in SoO pre-6.0 lol.

The Q&A on twitch

Can't remember specifics but said initial ones in december, and the last one with foundry raid

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still find it silly that we start at level 1 still. Like, I know why, but the higher the level cap gets the more this will intimidate people. No matter how fast they level, being told you have to gain 100 levels from level 1 makes people just not want to play because it sounds like a bigger time commitment than it is.

Anoregon

I still find it silly that we start at level 1 still. Like, I know why, but the higher the level cap gets the more this will intimidate people. No matter how fast they level, being told you have to gain 100 levels from level 1 makes people just not want to play because it sounds like a bigger time commitment than it is.

Gotta sell dem boosts

What time do the US servers go live with the xpac

Will there be a "go here" quest to start in Org or do I need to stand somewhere to get going (dark portal?)

Anoregon

What time do the US servers go live with the xpac

Will there be a "go here" quest to start in Org or do I need to stand somewhere to get going (dark portal?)

12 pacific/3eastern. The quest will pop up no matter where you are, so you can park yourself at the dark portal with no worries.

ampere

The Q&A on twitch

Can't remember specifics but said initial ones in december, and the last one with foundry raid

OK thanks. Well that makes it easy to decide where to use bonus rolls.

Just boost to 90 it's only $60

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

1) it's been said numerous times that WoW is no longer sold/marketed to new players. New player growth in WoW is virtually non-existent.
2) IF a new player is coming into WoW... most likely it will be sold to them as $60 for WoW+WoD. This will include a 90 boost putting them at even ground with existing players.
3) because of 1 and 2, the only benefit to eliminating level 1-89 is to appease the altaholics. But even then, most altaholics already have a shit load of characters/classes 80-90+. So REALLY the only ones appeased by eliminating 1-89 are the altaholics who don't want to pay for services (faction/server change)

I'm not saying it's a bad idea.. on the contrary.. there's just very few who would actually really benefit from it, and at the same time it cuts off a revenue stream for blizzard.

Interfectum

As an altaholic I actually like the leveling processes so taking away 1-89 wouldn't make me happy and I'd probably burn through the game a lot quicker with all max level characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't want to start at 90. Just like start at 55 like the DKs since abilities for classes aren't handed out willy nilly like they used to be but still gives you plenty of time to learn the class and its mechanics.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wouldn't want to start at 90. Just like start at 55 like the DKs since abilities for classes aren't handed out willy nilly like they used to be but still gives you plenty of time to learn the class and its mechanics.

a nice in-between might be to provide a quick optional boost to 55. So those who want to level from 1 can.. those who want to at least avoid SOME leveling can, and those who just want to insta-60 can still buy the boost. I don't think 55-90 is trivial enough to make the 90 boost useless (or even take away ANY value).. at the same time the cheapskates (sorry :p) will be somewhat appeased by taking away 55 levels of leveling.

Shahadan

They did a shitty job with the boosted 90 starting experience lol. Was it so hard to create a solo scenario tailored for each role? I wouldn't want to be a new player trying to make sense of anything.

Bronze level Proving Grounds would have done it nicely.

strafer

They did a shitty job with the boosted 90 starting experience lol. Was it so hard to create a solo scenario tailored for each role? I wouldn't want to be a new player trying to make sense of anything.

that's why I hate the whole boost thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

They're doing that in WoD. They just put the system live in MoP without it because they wanted dem preorders.

Top Bottom