• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

glaurung

So I managed to play quite a bit last night (Argent Dawn EU, definitely one of the busiest RP servers in EU).

1. ~3,700 person queue in front of me. Yikes.
  2. Waited for about 3 hours.
  3. Got in.
  4. Select my character, try to load the game.
  5. The loading bar fills up almost to the end, then stops, then there is an awkward pause and then I get kicked back to the character select screen with the error message "character not found".
  6. This continues to happen at least 20 times!
  7. Finally get in.
And once in, everything was smooth for a while. Played through a lot of quests, picked up my first and second follower via quests. Quested all there was up until some invasion quest line that got kind of messy - quest givers phasing weirdly, could not figure out whether they were supposed to be there for the event or just as regular, peace time quest NPCs.

And then made the horrid mistake of trying to fly back to my garrison. Huge mistake.
  1. Fly into the garrison. Land.
  2. Character does not dismount.
  3. No NPCs are there.
  4. Suddenly, get pulled back in the air, some yards from the garrison wall. Frozen midair.
  5. Cannot logout, cannot HS, cannot do anything.
  6. Chat is filled with angry guys who are all in the same situation.
  7. Wait for 10m.
  8. Alt+F4.
I expect this madness will continue throughout the weekend. Might as well play AC Rogue or Unity or something.

Wunder

All done with Frostfire! Pretty good zone all things considered, really like the bonus objective stuff - public quest without all the hassle of an old style public quest. Have to go work on a group project now though :( Hopefully maintenance will slow people down a bit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone know where to turn in the profession raisers like Basic Medic Kit or Precision-Tuned Scope?

I have a level 2 Garrison and don't see any NPCs to turn these guys in for skillups.

StayDead

Fly into the garrison. Land.
Character does not dismount.
No NPCs are there.
Suddenly, get pulled back in the air, some yards from the garrison wall. Frozen midair.
Cannot logout, cannot HS, cannot do anything.
Chat is filled with angry guys who are all in the same situation.
Wait for 10m.
Alt+F4.

Next time wait until you're frozen in the air ALONE. Then log out and in. Boom you're in your garrison.

Peachpies

Anyone know where to turn in the profession raisers like Basic Medic Kit or Precision-Tuned Scope?

I have a level 2 Garrison and don't see any NPCs to turn these guys in for skillups.
you get the skill up when you make the item, they are a catchup mechanic so they only go to 600 skill. at some point there should be a quest in your garrison where you can turn them in for garrison resources but i dont know when you get that.

biaxident

First time I went hardcore and all out past a 10 hour mark, full no life mode engaged for the past day, officially just hit 100... Such a grind, time to go pass out lol

Apparently, garrisons are broken once more on EU.

They sure are. Was able to play fine this morning before the maintenance, but now you don't instance again so garrisons are useless atm. Huge lag and phasing issues in shadowmoon too so questing is basically impossible.

RPGCrazied

Yay, maintenance day. Gosh I hope this doesn't get worse this weekend, but probably will. How are you guys going so fast? I must suck or just taking my time. I'm almost 92.

Trickster

Gotta love that this shit is so broken that it doesn't even count kills for quests anymore.

Been stuck at 5/8 for 10 fucking mobs now

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yay, maintenance day. Gosh I hope this doesn't get worse this weekend, but probably will. How are you guys going so fast? I must suck or just taking my time. I'm almost 92.

Perfectly timed too. Starts right as I go to work. Tonight should be fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
7pANaGS.png

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What's the context? For random dungeons, if you change zones and then use teleport to dungeon it will fix itself. Hearth if you're stuck and then teleport back in.

Oh, is that just to enter the portal? Yeah lol.

I'm an expert

I'm surprised how much I like Shadowmoon.. it reminds me of FF11..

Trickster

Well, the question posed in thread title is true for me. It's definitely the worst launch in my experience.

TBC was only bad in hellfire peninsula, and even then there was never the crazy amount of lag or pop in that there is in WoD.

WotLK was largely fine for me, can't recall any real issues during launch tbh

In Cata the biggest launch issue was being able to tag mobs in the first handful of quests in vashjir. After I got past that area there was no more issues.

MoP was flawless for me, not one issue.

WoD is just one big clusterfuck so far. From the issues of even getting into draenor, to the issues with pop in, huge delay, world server down, instance not found and rubber banding

Interfectum

Got on this morning before the maintenance. Everything was working great. I am loving these quests and the garrison aspect is really cool. I'm sure a lot of it is fluff but I'm getting Mass Effect ship / Suikoden castle vibes from it.

lazygecko

I recall quite vividly that they deliberately disabled CRZ functionality across Pandaria during the MoP launch. For some reason they did not do this for WoD.

Magnus

Gotta love that this shit is so broken that it doesn't even count kills for quests anymore.

Been stuck at 5/8 for 10 fucking mobs now

Is it for The "colors don't run" quest or whatever? That shit lists two different numbers for completion - quest tracker and log say /8, but when you actually plant the banners and the objective is counted with yellow text in the middle of the screen, you'll see that it's out of /5. It's like they hotfixed the quest to only need 5 banners planted but didn't bother changing the quest log text.

You can turn it in with 5/8 to Durotan.

My server may be low population, and that sucks for a myriad of reasons. But it's awesome for times like these. Server was relatively smooth all night last night, besides frost crashing for 30 minutes. But that's about it!

mileS

Handy tip for people that don't want to miss the rare spawns and treasures in each zone. (keep in mind there are tons of "rare" spawns that are open to everyone to kill once, after that they respawn instantly and no longer provide a drop or are rare for you, can be confusing for new players)

Goto curse to get the base "HandyNotes" addon, and then download "HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures"

This HandyNotes Plugin shows Draenor Treasures and Rarespawns on the Map & Minimap. (Treasures which have been looted and Rares which have been killed are automaticly hidden. The hidden elements can be reactivated in the visibility options)
pretty awesome considering some of this stuff is easy to miss.

I'm an expert

Grunt Join DateNov 2014Posts14
classic, tbc nor wrath wasn't near this bugged. i do not remember not getting stuck in a ever ending phase change or npc's not opdating. Nor instance servers crashing as much nor for that long of a time. but server crash was in all of em and until 2 days after launch give or take some peoples exprience.

this guy did not play vanilla lol

Trickster

Is it for The "colors don't run" quest or whatever? That shit lists two different numbers for completion - quest tracker and log say /8, but when you actually plant the banners and the objective is counted with yellow text in the middle of the screen, you'll see that it's out of /5. It's like they hotfixed the quest to only need 5 banners planted but didn't bother changing the quest log text.

You can turn it in with 5/8 to Durotan.

Nah it's called fair warning, I have to kill 8 Ogron Spinecrushers and a named mob. And it turned out that some kills count. But it was like 1 in 10. When I got to 6/8 I said fuck it and went back to my garrison.

Jag

Handy tip for people that don't want to miss the rare spawns and treasures in each zone. (keep in mind there are tons of "rare" spawns that are open to everyone to kill once, after that they respawn instantly and no longer provide a drop or are rare for you, can be confusing for new players)

Goto curse to get the base "HandyNotes" addon, and then download "HandyNotes_DraenorTreasures"

pretty awesome considering some of this stuff is easy to miss.

Yeah someone here (maybe you!) mentioned handynotes for MoP treasures and I started using it then. It has been invaluable so far in WoD.

I noticed that rares turn normal after you kill them. Does that mean you only get one shot at unique loot like pets, etc?

Apt101

Eonar was stable through last night up until maintenance. I consider myself lucky. Got to level 93, making it a point to do every single quest. I am loving the story and setting, they really did a good job with the overall aesthetics.

Every time I place a new structure in my garrison I regret it shortly after, but that's how these things go. Eventually I will have them all. I have a legion of followers now, including a rare one, and am really digging the little mini game of handling all my garrison tasks. I think I'm hooked again. I may raid again for the first time since Wrath.

Interfectum

Eonar was stable through last night up until maintenance. I consider myself lucky. Got to level 93, making it a point to do every single quest. I am loving the story and setting, they really did a good job with the overall aesthetics.

Every time I place a new structure in my garrison I regret it shortly after, but that's how these things go. Eventually I will have them all. I have a legion of followers now, including a rare one, and am really digging the little mini game of handling all my garrison tasks. I think I'm hooked again. I may raid again for the first time since Wrath.

This is the most fun I've had leveling since Wrath for sure.

At one point in the Alliance quest chain you get to choose one follower from a pool of three candidates (I imagine Horde has the same thing). Kinda regret my choice now -- are the other two closed off forever?

Jag

I had to pick my first Outpost and I'm still thinking I'm going to regret it. I picked the Shredder over the Arena since it will generate Garrison mats. As a Hunter I don't think I need the DPS buff since I rarely run into something I can't kill!

I'm an expert

At one point in the Alliance quest chain you get to choose one follower from a pool of three candidates (I imagine Horde has the same thing). Kinda regret my choice now -- are the other two closed off forever?

Were charmander and bulbasaur closed off forever?

Apt101

I had to pick my first Outpost and I'm still thinking I'm going to regret it. I picked the Shredder over the Arena since it will generate Garrison mats. As a Hunter I don't think I need the DPS buff since I rarely run into something I can't kill!

As a ret pally I went ahead with the arena. It seems like the more offense the better I do, regardless of the nature of the situation. But I tell ya - 10 minutes after choosing I started to have my doubts :D

I'm an expert

just finished the Tanaan Jungle this morning before work. Thought it was awesome albeit directed and short.

Just intro crap. Though I'm kind of surprised we dealt with the portal so.. expeditiously. Could have avoided a lot of shit back in the day if it was that easy.

Top Bottom