• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Guesong

Now that I'm looking at all the perks side-by-side...I'm kind of baffled.

Guardian Druids eventually get +10 % Stamina
Prot Warrior and Paladin get +10 % block chance
Prot Warrior get +5 % Armor
Blood Death Knight get reduced cooldown on Rune Tap and more charges on Blood Shields

MEANWHILE IN BREWMASTER LAND (I settled for Monk in the end. Race changed her to Female Orc)

Improved Breath of Fire (and still not worthwhile to use)
One more charge of Guard!

I'm not saying Brewmaster are last in line only because of the perks, but if other tanks classes get + 10 % to important stuff and more, why couldn't we get + 5 % Stagger or something. Or just Stamina, same as Druids.

Oh well anyways. I'm very impressed with WoD so far (when it works!). Can't wait to see if it keeps up all the way to 100 (I'm only 92 because I got stuck in my garrison all day lol)

Tc91

What an absolute shit launch.

Just awful, can't be bothered to level until it's fixed. You have to be right on top of mobs/quest items to see them and they take 10-20 seconds to spawn in.

Hixx

I've given up like. Just going to wait for the mad rush to finish. Even on the low pop realm, the lag is pretty bad in Gorgrond so fuck it.

It's been 24 hours and frostfire ridge is still completely fucked and it's still impossible to do jack shit there.

I'm still level 90.

Jesus fuck blizzard, this expansion is an embarrassment.

Somnia

Im on Frostmane and haven't had many issues with this launch other than the occasional world server down during the DDOS last night.

I did have to wait an hour to login queue wise last night at 5PM CST, but otherwise the game was lag free and got half way through 92. I know it's all hit or miss on who is having issues, but this launch has been successful for myself and my guildies so far.

0 issues with Frostfire unlike the post above me for example. I think it's either server depedent or something. No idea.

TheContact

Just intro crap. Though I'm kind of surprised we dealt with the portal so.. expeditiously. Could have avoided a lot of shit back in the day if it was that easy.

Yea I thought so too. Thought it was going to be a prominent figure in the story but the first few quests you close the portal then by end of the zone which isn't that long, the portal is destroyed with a tank.

Regarding today's server issues, I managed to log in this morning and do a few quests but that was 30 minutes before the servers were going down for maintenance. Should be home 30 mins after scheduled maintenance ends and I hope servers are fixed by then.

joelseph

Logging into the expansion for the first time after work tonight. Being the first Friday night I expect the entire process to be a smoldering heap of slag. Will resort to playing Binding of Isaac!

Any tips for getting a quick start?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Logging into the expansion for the first time after work tonight. Being the first Friday night I expect the entire process to be a smoldering heap of slag. Will resort to playing Binding of Isaac!

Any tips for getting a quick start?

Hit escape and yes to skip all the cutscenes no one cares about.

After sleeping on it I have to say that Nagrand questing so far has been an enormous Copy and Paste disappointment. I did most of this shit at 70. Why am I doing it again at 100? At some point I expect Corky to show up.

Jarnet87

Hit escape and yes to skip all the cutscenes no one cares about.

Seeing them once is nice, but yeah I will skip from here on out.Really wish Blizzard gave us some choice for the first zone in a new expansion like Cata and Wrath. At least I can mix it up when I'm leveling another character. It's why I hate BC so much. Coming from Vanilla where we have a couple of zones to choose from in each leveling block, we get thrown straight into Hellfire Peninsula.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Stop and smell the roses brah. Those dungeons and raids aren't going anywhere.

Putting aside the bigger topic of whether people give a shit anymore about the "lore," my personal roses are high level arena play at max level. So for me it really is just going through the motions for the umpteenth time in a decade to get there. If people enjoy that stuff, awesome.

Magnus

Gotta plow through 2 hours of work, this maintenance timing is perfect. I expect things'll be up and playable by 1pm EST.

Maybe.

Seeing them once is nice, but yeah I will skip from here on out.Really wish Blizzard gave us some choice for the first zone in a new expansion like Cata and Wrath. At least I can mix it up when I'm leveling another character. It's why I hate BC so much. Coming from Vanilla where we have a couple of zones to choose from in each leveling block, we get thrown straight into Hellfire Peninsula.

I'm looking forward to see what SMV is like when I play my Alliance alts on my old home server.

I'm an expert

I don't like this new personal loot thing for dungeons.

I keep forgetting to loot the bosses and end up having to go to a mail box.

God the amount of people who ask this shit in dungeons or raids. l2p

Ugh, and now server DC's are resetting the position of my unit frames (default UI), super pita.

Man, there's like so much shit to bitch about.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You're right; I'm expecting a delay to be posted soon.

That said, only an hour ago, a CS tweet went out reiterating a Noon end time....maybe shit's on track. Maybe.

I don't have much faith.

Playing on low end servers last night was working absolutely perfectly. The game isn't broken, the servers are just overloaded. There's not much to do but wait for everyone to spread out.

This was the roughest launch I experienced (Started playing in BC). I expected standard launch issues but it ended up being pretty bad.

12:00 AM til about 2:30 AM PST Frostfire Ridge was nearly unplayable. Phasing/30 seconds lag were just completely borked along with the horde garrison mission issues.

I was really shocked that Blizzard did not just phase the garrison quest area to individual players, but I guess hindsight is 20/20. It was amusing/sad seeing 40+ persons click a flag object at the same time.

My leveling partner and I ended up finishing jungle intro zone fairly quickly and then due to frostridge issues just decided to dungeon grind til 92. It worked fairly well. Took us about 6 runs with standards to get to 92 at which point we headed to goreground where everything was fine.

Basically every zone except frostridge was fine. Took us about 10 hours to hit 100 due to server issues/just being slow and tired.

Despite the issues it was an enjoyable experience. I also feel like there is a ton to do in preparation for raiding in a couple of weeks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's kind of funny how this is the one expansion I wasn't able to play hardcore immediately at launch. It's a good thing too because I'd be pissed with the poor server stability.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not feeling Gorgrond thus far. I think it's because of how annoying it is if you stray off the path and want to get back up again. Takes forever to find the way to the higher path.

Talador seemed fine from the little I've played of it thus far. Shadowmoon Valley is great.

I'm not feeling Gorgrond thus far. I think it's because of how annoying it is if you stray off the path and want to get back up again. Takes forever to find the way to the higher path.

Talador seemed fine from the little I've played of it thus far. Shadowmoon Valley is great.

My sentiments on zones(from beta and launch) is Frostfire Ridge/Shadowmoon Valley > Nagrand > Talador > Gorgrond > Spires of Arak.

Prepare yourself for Spires of Arak b/c its quite an annoying zone to traverse at least in my experience.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gorgrond is one of the coolest areas of WoW ever. Hot damn.
Gorgrond really didn't do a lot for me, at least going through it from the Lumber Mill side. There's not really a cohesive story there, and it's hard to tell what's actually going on in the zone through basic question.

Shadowmoon Valley is legitimately one of the best zones in the game though. Maybe that's why Gorgrond seemed even less impressive.

ZenaxPure

I felt like that was intentional. I finished the zone last night somehow through the lag and the thing that stood out to me is how there are barely any quests in the zone compared to other equally sized zones in the game. Instead there was a shitload of bonus objectives so me and my friend just sort of wandered around looking for rare spawns/hidden chests as we went to each bonus objective and blazed through them. Actually felt like a nice change of pace because we spent most of our time just running around the zone not tied to any particular quest chain so it felt more like we were just exploring (which both of us are a fan of).

Also if you get the Shredder it has a short duration flying mode, we used it a lottttt to climb up to higher areas instead of looking for paths.

ampere

Just woke up. It'd be great timing with maintenance if this actually come up as scheduled... but if they don't there's always a bit of Binding of Isaac.

I'm very pumped for today, now that I'm 100 it's time to do heroic dungeons and gear up! Love that part of expacs

edit:
The maintenance has been extended for all realms.

Expected and understandable, but bummer

Magnus

This is a sign, to continue my work that I haven't finished yet....lol

Fuck. I really, really hope this'll be good to in two hours and not much later. They'll really be lookin' bad if most of day 2 is down in North America.

Once Stormrage isn't a smoking pile of rubble and I'm able to reach 100, my favorite part will be NOT thinking, "OK, which heroic dungeons do I need to run to get hit capped?"

Zona

Putting aside the bigger topic of whether people give a shit anymore about the "lore," my personal roses are high level arena play at max level. So for me it really is just going through the motions for the umpteenth time in a decade to get there. If people enjoy that stuff, awesome.

I take as long as I can to get to max, even making sure I always log out somewhere where I'm not getting extra rested exp. I also read all the quest text and watch all the cinematics. The journey to max is probably 60% of my enjoyment in any given expansion.

Snicky

The new quests are insanely good. I love all the cutscenes and set pieces. Blizz stepped their game up here for sure.

I played for about an hour last night and completely agree. I was blown away by how much this game has changed over ten years. I have played every xpac outside of Cata and this outdoes them all by a country mile. Amazing what Blizzard has done with this game!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frostridge lag was infecting Gorgrond by the time I left it.

FLY, YOU FOOLS.

gandalf-fly-you-fools.jpg

Top Bottom