• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Gnome

I have an 85 monk on Mannoroth but I have no desire to play him. Would rather just shed tears looking at the stormrage queue.

Yeah I thought about playing one of my characters on a lower pop server, but really, who wants to level a character that's not on your main server?

Yeah I thought about playing one of my characters on a lower pop server, but really, who wants to level a character that's not on your main server?

I tried logging into what I thought was a character on one of my lower pop servers, but even that server had a queue, first time I've seen a queue for that server...EVER!

NeoCross

My low pop server Thaurissan has a 1000 people queue. And my estimated time is jumping from 30-120 minutes. Blizz pls fix this shit :(

cdyhybrid

Do you have the lumber mill? Was looking at garrison stuff again because I can't get into the game, and wondered at how much resource it would return.

Yup. Don't know off the top of my head how much GR each work order is. I'll find out in about an hour :p I have it maxed out at the moment, all 14 work orders.

I tried to do this in Gorgrond, but was not having much luck.

For a zone full of trees, I couldn't hardly find any damn trees to cut down!

It's everywhere in Spires, I had to stop because lumber only stacks to 250.

Salvage yard built, Barracks upgrading to level 2. 10% into 98, off to Nagrand.

mstevens

Well the hype finally got to me. I haven't really played since Lich King, but I figured what the hell.

Go to log on and apparently my account has been hacked. Someone put Mists of Pandaria on my account and now it's locked, which isn't being removed by changing my password.

Realllly wanted to play this weekend. What a bummer!

Side question... I heard there is a way to undelete level 60+ characters now. I have a Vanilla Shaman who I would *love* to get back.. is that possible? How much $$$?

Tamanon

Banned
Well the hype finally got to me. I haven't really played since Lich King, but I figured what the hell.

Go to log on and apparently my account has been hacked. Someone put Mists of Pandaria on my account and now it's locked, which isn't being removed by changing my password.

Realllly wanted to play this weekend. What a bummer!

Side question... I heard there is a way to undelete level 60+ characters now. I have a Vanilla Shaman who I would *love* to get back.. is that possible? How much $$$?

Doesn't cost money, just only able to be used once every few months I think. Look for the undelete character button on the character select screen if you have an open slot.

cdyhybrid

Starting to look like one of the natives.

R2OLbPz.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So what do I have to do to get Thorn and Alexston together?
3AQmK.gif

(and how many garrison resources do I get)

My friends are kinda blackmailing me into playing this game with them (they're buying me the game, expansions, and play time), but I've never played an MMO and have never been particularly interested in WoW.

How bad of a time am I gonna have?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My friends are kinda blackmailing me into playing this game with them (they're buying me the game, expansions, and play time), but I've never played an MMO and have never been particularly interested in WoW.

How bad of a time am I gonna have?

If you are a newbie to the expansion you get an automatic boost to the max level of the expansion (e.g. the level everyone else is at). No problem at all.

Westlo

Nobody but yourself to fault for that.

Yes that's true, but when Frostmourne goes online after 6 hours of maintenance @ 6am sat morning and by 6:10 it has a 600 queue (time I left for work) and it's currently 5pm sat (time i get back from work) and the queue is...6300... how the fuck else am I suppose to play this game? There will be people on frostmourne with multiple 100's farming the shit out of Savage Blood (key to epic upgrades hence big money maker) before I even get the chance to play 2 hours of this game on my main server...

Oh and we're having downtime during Oceanic primetime, if I didn't resort to these measures I wouldn't have been able to log on for the 3 days of release so far. And I know I wouldn't get on in time sunday, monday and tuesday so that's a wasted fucking week. Absolutely clusterfuck of an expansion (which is a shame because what I've played has been damn good), Vanilla/TBC Blackrock and Proudmoore were nowhere near as bad and that's with the majority of Oceanic players combined with already big servers.

Yet nearly every Oceanic realm right now is worse than Vanilla Blackrock and Proudmoore... Blackrock crashed the fuck out of Argent Dawn multiple times for much less than this....

Westlo

You know Frostmourne transfers are currently free, right?

You know every Oceanic realm is locked and has 3000+ queues right? (well Saurfang or whatever is only 2k but yeah)

You know people take 12+ hours to log on so they can clear mail and get under gold cap so they can transfer to a realm with a 6 hour queue instead? (this is where combined servers have killed us, we don't have any low pop realms to f off too)

You know the vast majority of FM transfers (especially Alliance, lot of Horde will stay on Barth) will go back to FM after queues die down giving Blizz $25 AUS for each transfer back?

You know every Oceanic realm is locked and has 3000+ queues right? (well Saurfang or whatever is only 2k but yeah)

You know people take 12+ hours to log on so they can clear mail and get under gold cap so they can transfer to a realm with a 6 hour queue instead? (this is where combined servers have killed us, we don't have any low pop realms to f off too)

You know the vast majority of FM transfers (especially Alliance, lot of Horde will stay on Barth) will go back to FM after queues die down giving Blizz $25 AUS for each transfer back?

Well, no offense, but that is just stupid. No way I would pay 25-50 for server transfers, just wait 2-3 days. I know it's BS, I'm extremely annoyed...but I'm not giving Blizzard extra money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You really taught Blizzard a lesson.

Westlo

Well, no offense, but that is just stupid. No way I would pay 25-50 for server transfers, just wait 2-3 days. I know it's BS, I'm extremely annoyed...but I'm not giving Blizzard extra money.

FM have 2-3k queues in mists for like 2 months at least at any time after 3pm. Summer holidays combined with expansion release = gg.

You really taught Blizzard a lesson.

I thought the one getting the lesson was you, since Blizzard already know everything I typed and it was like directed at you, but yeah good comeback man, you sure showed me.

Update: 11 hours 36 minutes after initially queueing - My queue stalled out and I remained at 139th in line for 47 minutes straight. I alt-F4 after a lot of debate with a friend. I immediately get the client back up and am at 2433 in the queue to get into Sargeras. I have waited almost 12 hours to get into the game. No exaggeration.

Tamanon

Banned
Anyone get stuck on the taxi to your garrison?

Any way to get off of it?

You can try Alt F4ing and going back in, but usually that means you're fucked until they bring the Garrison server up again. You'll be trapped in one way or another. I'm currently in the garrison for an hour with no NPCs spawned. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better!

I flew to my outpost and got stuck on the ground, couldn't move. Couldn't log out or exit, had to alt+f4.
I exited and came back out and I was stuck flying in the air, falling slightly and coming back up.
I exited again and it said "A character with this name already exists"
I exited again and was just stuck on the ground again.
There were like 10 people behind me having the same issue.

Top Bottom