• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Kacar

I was max Archaeology coming in to WoD and I went from 600-700 over the space of the past two nights by doing it casually. It helps to have all of the nodes pop up consistently in the one zone and I did them as I was questing in the areas.

It was a heck of a lot easier than Herbalism.

Yea I know I got alot of points from the 3 places I did. It just feels slower, especcially cause flight form was so OP with it.

ZenaxPure

Ended up getting 100 last night right before the servers went down, was surprised at how small the xp curve was (was expecting ridiculous numbers for 99 -> 100 but there wasn't any, comes with having 10 levels in the xpac I guess). Now I'm honestly not sure what to do other than grind out more resources so I can upgrade my town hall again. Need like 2000 I think and I only have like 600.

Oh also, is anyone not getting the bonuses from their garrison buildings? I have a level 2 stables but for some reason I am not immune to daze or able to interact with things while mounted. It was working fine yesterday then just randomly broke at some point. Figured the server maintenance would fix it, but, nope.

Kacar

Thank the heavens that they made the ring of blood phased now.

Took me an hour and a half to get that daily done yesterday.

Damn Burnished Leather takes forever to get.

Magnus

This expansion is the least painful that leveling has ever felt. There's so much variety, randomness, etc. The Timeless Isle philosophy is at work here, and along with Garrisons, it's fucking wonderful.

Feels like a new game sometimes.

Scenario phasing is so refreshing too, when it works. You can just see how awesome it would have made past events, like Battle for Undercity, etc. if they had this tech back then.

This expansion is the least painful that leveling has ever felt. There's so much variety, randomness, etc. The Timeless Isle philosophy is at work here, and along with Garrisons, it's fucking wonderful.

Feels like a new game sometimes.

Scenario phasing is so refreshing too, when it works. You can just see how awesome it would have made past events, like Battle for Undercity, etc. if they had this tech back then.

Garrisons in itself feels like a game inside a game lol

Do you have the lumber mill? Was looking at garrison stuff again because I can't get into the game, and wondered at how much resource it would return.

It's a pretty steady stream. I just picked up 20 resources and the work orders complete every four hours. If you treat logging like mining or herbalism you can cap out your resources at 250 in a day, fill up the work orders queue and come back to ~150 resources from a level 1 lumber mill. At level 2 it accepts 13 work orders.

yeah I tried fishing, esp with <600, you get so much small/normal sized fish... At least they stack to 200 now, right? :D

I wish these fishing poles I keep dredging up would stack to 200 :(

For anyone doing the "Strike while the iron is hot" quest. The turn in is NOT at the garrison it's where you flew out from lol even though they say it's at your garrison.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My current garrison set up:

Large:
War Mill 1

Medium:
Lumber Mill 2

Small:
Engineering Works 1
Salvage Yard 2

I plan to go hard on the followers so Inn and Barracks when I get to Garrison 3. I'll probably phase out the Lumber Mill for a trading post once I upgrade most of my shit and have resources stockpiled.

Kacar

Was upset that at 100 the bonus objectives exp wasn't converted to more gold.

Its much better to do all of them before 100.

fuzzyset

How many hours has it been taking you all to get to 100? I'm going to level my alts that are on a low pop server since my main on Sargeras is locked behind the Q.

I have been logged into a character a sum total of almost 2 hours since release of the expansion. So leveling has been very slow for me.

Last night, after waiting for 13 hours, I just gave up and went to bed. I woke up and got some food, logged into the game at noon EST to find they had brought up the servers early. I was placed 3412th in line to get into my server. I'm glad I haven't had to sit in front of my computer for this wait the whole time, but I've spent about 20 hours in queue so far.

cdyhybrid

You talking about the ring of blood?

The one on the right:

RyvEjTL.png

Kacar

Ive done it in a group both times.

But I've noticed that basically nobody takes damage, I think with self healing it could be possible. It will take awhile though probably, especially since it is phased now.

I did it once as a healer and just stood there the whole time.

wait forget that. Ive never seen those quests. Both days its been ring of blood for me, so I don't know.

cdyhybrid

Not even close. Those mobs are serious business.

Just finished it. It's soloable if you're really careful (i.e. avoid elites unless you're a Blood DK), will just take forever.

Also, some of the mobs knock back, so watch out if you're fighting on a cliff :p

Bah, I guess you can't have a follower available for missions while working at a garrison building. Guess I'll focus on getting them to 100 first.

I'm technically not missing out on anything if I don't building a garrison building for one of my tradeskills right? I can just get stuff faster?

I'm a DK with LW/Eng, I already have an enchanting building built for DE, would I be alright adding LW/BS buildings when I get to garrison level 3?

Edit: Forgot that I want to keep the Salvage Yard too, damn.

mstevens

Wow.. You can't even call Blizzard for support anymore. You have to wait until they respond to your ticket and then give you a callback option.

So much for playing WoW this weekend. This was the most time I would have been able to play this month, so they may have lost a sale and a sub.

Tacitus_

I'm a DK with LW/Eng, I already have an enchanting building built for DE, would I be alright adding LW/BS buildings when I get to garrison level 3?

Edit: Forgot that I want to keep the Salvage Yard too, damn.

Put the salvage yard on an alts garrison so you can DE the BoEs (or have an alt that can DE)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
4890 queue already on Sargeras. Fack me.

Mine dropped from 4k to 400 randomly a few minutes ago, and my friend messaged me and said he got DCd. I don't know what happened, but the estimated time thing is still saying 1000 minutes =p

Wow.. You can't even call Blizzard for support anymore. You have to wait until they respond to your ticket and then give you a callback option.

So much for playing WoW this weekend. This was the most time I would have been able to play this month, so they may have lost a sale and a sub.

What are you putting a ticket in for?

Top Bottom