• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Artanisix

are you fucking kidding me

Hearth to my garrison, stuck on loading screen.
Kicked out of game.
Back in the queue.

Fucking Blizzard come the fuck ON.

antonz

He told me those games had specific quests to the story, but not in the same way WoD is going for right from the start with their Chapter Quests thingy.
I would say overall this is one of the better expansions as far as progression and story. Its very much tied together in ways they haven't really done since Lich King.

I'm up to level 96 so far I'm really enjoying the experience. The zones feel very dense and the optional quests give crazy amounts of xp for some reason.

I played for about 10 hours today. Holy damn I really like this expansion. I think this is the most I've enjoyed the game since vanilla. In every other expansion I just wasn't engaged and would rush through the leveling so I could get to raiding and the endgame. With WoD though i'm actually engaged in the questing and the stories. I'm enjoying leveling and don't have the feeling that it's just a task to get through so I can hit the endgame. Well done, Blizzard.

Also garrisons are way too addicting. I kept wanting to take a break, but I would see that I have a garrison quest finishing in __ minutes so I should just stick around to complete it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Definitely transferring everyone off ZJ if they get offered. I've been looking for a medium pop server anyways. Just have to make sure it's one with a decent raiding environment.

antonz

lightbringer US seems to be the new test dummy. Going to test some performance enhancers there. Maybe if things go well they could raise caps again.

Creeping up on the 1k mark. So it's taken me 2 hours to go from 2k to 1k.

Not even counting however long it took to get from ~5k to 2k: maybe another 90 minutes or so.

World of Waitcraft.

Looking forward to Monday and the weekdays when hopefully more people have work and queues are shorter and/or gone.

Rokam

About to be below 2000....

animation1qxr9i.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
7 hours in queue, and I'm almost in.

This is a good launch. I have a feeling it's not going to settle down in a week either. It was 6k this morning when I woke up, and that was after the upgrade. People aren't just going to stop playing after the first week, so they're going to have to offer transfers or something extreme.

Sothpaw

This is a good launch. I have a feeling it's not going to settle down in a week either. It was 6k this morning when I woke up, and that was after the upgrade. People aren't just going to stop playing after the first week, so they're going to have to offer transfers or something extreme.

Jesus that's insane. Biggest queue on VeCo had been 600. For what it's worth, this is the most fun I have had playing WoW since vanilla when everything was new. Really love the garrison and followers. Switching from shaman to priest has also been a blast.

Rokam

DA:I, FC4, & GTA V are all releasing this week, should relieve server load a little.

Dresden

DK has been a blast. Blood is pretty incredible for not getting ganked, and I actually enjoy the two dps specs. The rune/runic power system is still the best resource scheme in the game.

lazygecko

Level 100 finally. Nagrand was a damn drag. Felt like I was leveling obsessively and I have no freakin clue how some can consider people who aren't 100 at this point are "taking their time".

Now I don't even want to touch the game again until they've worked out all the stability problems.

Apt101

I like how the rare mobs are marked and always drop something nice. I've found several usable blues this way, and an odd toy that I guess is a tribute to some Blizzard employee. Every big elite I've found wandering around has also dropped an item that was great, and/or something that started a quest. So I feel like there's a reason to fight these enemies and not just avoid, which is what I recall doing in past expansions.

Rokam

About to go below 1000, we're doing it guys, we're doing it! The question is whether I can stay awake long enough to play.

I hope they add on to the garrison for future expansions and isn't just a WoD thing. I'd love to have new environments or the like to unlock in the future. My only worry is that it'll kill off the capital cities somewhat.

I hope they add on to the garrison for future expansions and isn't just a WoD thing. I'd love to have new environments or the like to unlock in the future. My only worry is that it'll kill off the capital cities somewhat.

They've said that this particular Garrison is a WoD-only thing, but that doesn't preclude a Garrison 2.0 or whatever for the next expansion.

On the topic of flavor, I have to really appreciate being called 'commander' everywhere I go. It's like an acknowledgement of my contributions to the Alliance over these last ten years. Instead of 'hey you go fetch these boar testicles' it's 'commander, please direct your forces on how to build your own private castle and army of heroes.'

Looks like a first step in a game-oriented player housing... if people are still in love with it in 6 months, I definitely hope they expand on it. Give every player their own 'Garrison 2.0' around their race's capital city. (My blood elf is disgusted by this orc architecture.)

Though, now that I think about it, if they are wanting to move to yearly expansion cycle, how can they gauge feedback on major features like this? It seems like they'd already have to be working on that stuff now.

On the topic of flavor, I have to really appreciate being called 'commander' everywhere I go. It's like an acknowledgement of my contributions to the Alliance over these last ten years. Instead of 'hey you go fetch these boar testicles' it's 'commander, please direct your forces on how to build your own private castle and army of heroes.'

Shepard.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm... almost out of regular quests. Just the Throm'var chain I skipped and I think I tapped out Draenor. This is surreal.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm level 100.

I don't even know where to start. Random normal dungeons until heroics I guess. I did the silver proving grounds but you need 610 ilevel to do heroics.

Anyone else feel like professions + garrison is really just so oddly complicated that you feel like you may be messing up, so you just wait?

I just demolished my level 2 inn to get a level 1 lumber mill. It's almost mandatory until you get to level 3 garrison and level 3 everything else.

Fularu

Banned
I go afk 5 minutes, game crashes (like, 10 minutes after I FINALY got in, 7 hours queue), back from the restroom, 4k queue

fuck this

Why, why they made tailoring go glue with the herbs and skin profession I guess to stop them to make easy profits with the new gear upgrade but damm.

At least enchanthing dont go with other professions, for now

cdyhybrid

I'm level 100.

I don't even know where to start. Random normal dungeons until heroics I guess. I did the silver proving grounds but you need 610 ilevel to do heroics.

Anyone else feel like professions + garrison is really just so oddly complicated that you feel like you may be messing up, so you just wait?

I just demolished my level 2 inn to get a level 1 lumber mill. It's almost mandatory until you get to level 3 garrison and level 3 everything else.

That's pretty much what I did. Did my daily profession CDs and spammed dungeons until I hit 610, then started Heroics.

Just finished tanking my first Heroic (Auchindoun) and it wasn't a disaster. Got some boots out of it, too.

Fjordson

So I can see how they changed crafting. Like I just trained alchemy and can already make some Draenor recipes thanks to that one item I bought in Ashran.

But what about a gathering profession like herbalism? Do I still need to grind it out through all the old zones?

Dresden

But what about a gathering profession like herbalism? Do I still need to grind it out through all the old zones?

You can just herb whatever. That said some herbs - like a few in Outlands, or frozen herbs in Wintergrasp - still weren't adjusted when I leveled my herbalism a week ago so I couldn't pick them.

Just doing laps around Pandaria was the fastest method for me.

Fjordson

How is it that there's all these people playing... But I got a 1 hour wait time for a LFG?
Yeah, just saw that :lol thought I'd try a new dungeon but it's an hour wait.

You can just herb whatever. That said some herbs - like a few in Outlands, or frozen herbs in Wintergrasp - still weren't adjusted when I leveled my herbalism a week ago so I couldn't pick them.

Just doing laps around Pandaria was the fastest method for me.
Oh wow, didn't know that. So I can already herb anything (save for the few you mentioned)? Even Draenor herbs?

iirate

I was queued for nine hours, got in, and my PC restarted and I'm officially at the back of the line again. PC had to be repaired this week, keyboard was destroyed by my cat yesterday, and I still haven't been able to play.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blood DKs and Prot Pallys still viable in pvp, gg no re blizz.

You can't use the pvp vendors unless youre selected to go to Ashran. That needs to be fixed soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I didn't know my server has 22k people. No wonder the queue is nuts. It kind of feels silly when I just want to get a feel for the game, but then I also don't want those early leveling stages to be wasted on a server I won't play when I'm more serious and just have to repeat them. Oh well. Hopefully people aren't mean to me.

Top Bottom