• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

So I bought Garn Nighthowl for 50k. Probably could've flipped for an absurd amount, but I took the opportunity to learn it. Probably not gonna get much cheaper anytime soon.

Chris R

Well I had fun for the two hours I played. Hoping to get in much earlier tomorrow so I'm not so tired and close to bed when I can play :(

Karl Hawk

Banned
Yeah.... so far, I don't like Spires of Arak. There's not a lot of quests I can do (Where's Reshad AKA the bird man atm?) and too many monsters make it a pain to travel through my mount

If this keeps going, I'll just farm Skyreach and do the remaining bonus objectives till I reach 98.

EDIT: That reminds me. I'm in a mood for some amazing WoW raiding videos. Any videos I should keep my eye on?

vocab

Spires is a meh zone. Honestly the worst imo. I went to nagrand instead. Also fuck shamans. They are a pain to level. Fuck celeston.

fuzzyset

After queueing around 6, my friends and I finally got in at 1am. It's 330 here now and we're calling it a night. Not enough. Bah.

StayDead

Spires is a meh zone. Honestly the worst imo. I went to nagrand instead. Also fuck shamans. They are a pain to level. Fuck celeston.

I finished every quest in Spires of Arak yesterday to get to 99 and in my opinion:

The design of the zone is pretty awesome, the quests range from annoying to amazing depending on the chains (we just happened to finish on the boring chain) and since I love the Arrakoa it was a dream to go there for me.

Personally it's not the best zone in the expansion so far (doing Nagrand today) as I think that's Gorgrond in terms of pacing but I definately enjoyed Spires. 9/10 zone for me. The music, characters and the better quest chains do it for me.

In terms of gathering, I gotta say I definitely feel the pain of no flying. Particularly with how scarce nodes seem to be.

Pretty crazy and it's going to be a huge bottleneck for all crafting.

The mine and herb garden are extremely legit in terms of resources to effort ratio.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I finished every quest in Spires of Arak yesterday to get to 99 and in my opinion:

The design of the zone is pretty awesome, the quests range from annoying to amazing depending on the chains (we just happened to finish on the boring chain) and since I love the Arrakoa it was a dream to go there for me.

Personally it's not the best zone in the expansion so far (doing Nagrand today) as I think that's Gorgrond in terms of pacing but I definately enjoyed Spires. 9/10 zone for me. The music, characters and the better quest chains do it for me.

Hmm, you have a point.

I guess I'm feeling burned out on leveling to the point I just wanna get to max level and farm normal dungeons for some ilvl 615 loot (So I can do Heroics and shit). :p

In terms of gathering, I gotta say I definitely feel the pain of no flying. Particularly with how scarce nodes seem to be.

The mine and herb garden are extremely legit in terms of resources to effort ratio.

I love that not many people have skinning these days, makes collecting leather in quest areas a breeze.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I was trying to do some Arch today and fuckkk it sucks ass when you have to climb up a cliff and then go back down and then climb back up. But on the other hand I also got my SMV treasure map from Ashran and went and hunted down every single treasure and not having a mount made it an incredibly fun experience. One treasure in particular was on top of one of the giant mushrooms and it was cool finding a way to get on top of it.

Basically, I feel conflicted on the no flying thing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Archaeology really got messed up this expansion. Getting dig sites in Frostfire while I'm Alliance is crazy. Loads of really poorly placed nodes too that clip through objects, or are awkwardly placed. There are a few nodes that are just a few meters off from one another, resulting in many instances of having to check both.

JSoup

Banned
Archaeology really got messed up this expansion. Getting dig sites in Frostfire while I'm Alliance is crazy. Loads of really poorly placed nodes too that clip through objects, or are awkwardly placed. There are a few nodes that are just a few meters off from one another, resulting in many instances of having to check both.

I really like archaeology, but once I saw how Arakkoa spots work.....

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Getting Gathermate and/or archy or any sort of addon that shows you where they can spawn really helps the hot/cold game when you get into the green.

You can just see the nearest potential spawn, and stand right on top of it.

Rizzi

Well, that sucked.
Sit in queue for five and a half hours, get in ten minutes before the server restarted, and now there's a 3000 person queue.
Fuck everything about this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
woke up

mal'ganis down

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
as a n00b thought "maybe purple skin would have been better for this hair color"

check and find out appearance change is a $15 service

world of lolcraft

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really like archaeology, but once I saw how Arakkoa spots work.....
You might just be talking about the specialized jump puzzles. Those are a one time thing. There are standard Arakkoa dig sites.

JSoup

Banned
You might just be talking about the specialized jump puzzles. Those are a one time thing. There are standard Arakkoa dig sites.

Oh thank god. I didn't see any plots, but those jump pot things were all over the place. And now that I think about it, I'm not seeing plots because my arch level isn't high enough yet.

Man even if I go the proper route and use group finder for Ring of Blood I find myself in a nest of idiocy. Fools running out of the ring, people who find a way to aggro the Ring Guards and get people killed, kids who start quests with people dead so we have to repeat fights, argh.

Tacitus_

I wonder what their intent was on follower leveling. I can barely level mine since most of my missions are lvl 100 and I can't do them without lvl 100 followers - of which I have 3 total.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder what their intent was on follower leveling. I can barely level mine since most of my missions are lvl 100 and I can't do them without lvl 100 followers - of which I have 3 total.

I just throw followers at missions even if they have a decent chance of failure, since they'll still get the Base XP at least.

Mordeccai

Yeah,I hit 100 last night and saw I needed 1.5k more garrison resources to build up to level 3, and realized the 60 or so follower missions I ran just for 'follower xp' was mostly a waste. I mean I have a few lvl 95 followers out of it but they cant do anything. Could have really used the extra resources by not sending them on useless missions.

Robin64

Oh god.

nJHUYiE.png

DECLINE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Hixx

Been in the queue all afternoon (playing Sunset Overdrive in the mean time) and I'm down to about 500

And I don't want to play now
KuGsj.gif

Damn it.

Anyone here use TSM for mining? I'm trying to get mine decently set up and am having some trouble. If anyone would be willing to send me their settings s othat I can import them, I'll owe ya for life!

I'm even willing to pay ya somehow in game hahah

Giggzy

Get Silver in the Proving Grounds at least.
Work on the Legendary questline.
Do the daily from your Garrison, either the group or solo one.

Awesome, thanks.

Is getting Silver achievable with just questing gear? Or should I get my iLvL up higher so it's easier to complete?

Robin64

Awesome, thanks.

Is getting Silver achievable with just questing gear? Or should I get my iLvL up higher so it's easier to complete?

I got it really easily with just a couple of things from Nagrand. Total ilvl was about 600.

You get a 610 weapon from getting Bronze, which is good if you don't have a Garrosh heirloom which is 620 at level 100.

(Though I then replaced mine because a 605 quest green in Nagrand procced and I got it as a 635 epic. Dayum!)

u9Jmh85.png

Jarnet87

went to breakfast at 10, knew it might be the death of me getting into stormrage. Got into queue around 11:30 and it said about 40 minutes. Came back from the bathroom and it jumped to 300+ minutes lol. It would be nice if these queues were at least accurate and didn't jump around all the time. This is ridiculous, please give transfers away from Stormrage, or up the capacity.

CassSept

I will never be able to get level 100, every time I have some spare time to play I get stuck in a 3.5k queue. It's 3.0 all over again, though back then the queues didn't start right at the start of the expansion iirc, only about 2-3 weeks later.

Oh god.

http://i.imgur.com/nJHUYiE.png[IMG]

DECLINE.[/QUOTE]

That's incredible!

Sothpaw

They've said that this particular Garrison is a WoD-only thing, but that doesn't preclude a Garrison 2.0 or whatever for the next expansion.

That kinda sucks. I really love how they implemented garrisons. Hopefully they let us carry over some followers or give us a resource income bonus in the next expac.

Top Bottom