• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Wunder

They told some cool stories afterwards but it was kind of spread out. The rise of Wrathion from the Badlands quest to the Rogue legendary questline housecleaning was outstanding. Taran Zhu's arc in pandaria was cool to watch. The fate of the Zandalari in Pandaria was unexpectedly tragic. The search for the hidden master and the defense of Stonehearth is one of my favorite lines in Mists. The corruption, liberation and fall of the Klaxxi was really well done.

There's nothing quite like Arthas. They aren't going to build up another big bad like that, ever again.

Valley of the Four Winds was fantastic

strafer

dat 5 point Corruption to make it instant.

:D

Warlock+template.jpg

Robin64

The original setup of Scenarios sounded so much more interesting for content you'd repeat.

Small instances set around the world in places such as Goldshire, where random objectives would be strung together to create something unique. You might have to slay Kobolds that are invading Goldshire, then either put out fires or track down a boss for stage 2 depending on what it felt like throwing at you, then a boss in the town, or go into a mine, or head to the Garrison in Elwynn for defence.. Whatever came up.

But then when they came out, they were linear stories in Pandaria. Bleh.

Shahadan

The original setup of Scenarios sounded so much more interesting for content you'd repeat.

Small instances set around the world in places such as Goldshire, where random objectives would be strung together to create something unique. You might have to slay Kobolds that are invading Goldshire, then either put out fires or track down a boss for stage 2 depending on what it felt like throwing at you, then a boss in the town, or go into a mine, or head to the Garrison in Elwynn for defence.. Whatever came up.

Also a pain in the ass at first. Some dungeons were faster to complete and were way less boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to go ahead and make Conqueror/Justicar account-wide. Come on, it's not like you didn't put in the effort getting that shit done.

Forz

Kind of a random question, but how do people go about finding a good guild? I've played the last year just by pugging it while in a guild of just one other person. I'd really like to get into a guild that runs some more casual normal raiding going into WoD, but all I can tend to find are those spammy invite everyone guilds. The looking for guild tool appears to be complete crap.

Kind of a random question, but how do people go about finding a good guild? I've played the last year just by pugging it while in a guild of just one other person. I'd really like to get into a guild that runs some more casual normal raiding going into WoD, but all I can tend to find are those spammy invite everyone guilds. The looking for guild tool appears to be complete crap.

How big is the server you're on? That may be playing a big role in your search--if you're on a small server, it'll be hard for you to find a guild to suit your interests.

Regardless of what size your server is, your realm forums are always a good place to start.

Also if you don't mind transferring, you can always check out the bigger realm forums.

Here is Stormrage US if you're Alliance.

Here is Illidan US if you're Horde.

We had this topic a couple pages back where some other people and I made a couple good posts on it. Check through that - would post links but I'm on my phone.

Should probably put a FAQ regarding it in the OP since there is no (dedicated) GAF guild. Gets asked often enough.

Entropia

No One Remembers

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Find your server, check what guilds have actually done stuff. Check their raid times and requirements, go to their website and apply.

Also the WoW Guild Recruitment Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011639/
You can post yourself saying you want a new guild. Guilds will reply to you copy/pasting in their spiel about their guild. Guilds also post their own threads looking for people. Find one that meets what you want in a guild and if you meet their requirements and apply.

ZenaxPure

Personally I liked this about them since they still felt fairly creative in the objectives and shit, though I always wanted them to go crazier and have ones that focused less on Pandaria and involve random happenings in the world.

That said though, I don't think axing them is the right choice really (especially with how little effort they took to create according to blizzard) and it's one of the reasons I am confused about what is supposed to keep me wanting to play WoD. If the garrison isn't some sort of huge time sink that is also fairly interesting then WoD is starting to look a hell of a lot like Cata where I logged on 3 days a week 3 hours a night to raid and eventually grew tired of the game because there was nothing else to do (outside of those 30 days the Firelands daily stuff was relevant, but, that was 1 month in a whole expansion). Garrisons look pretty interesting though so I am holding onto some sort of optimism.

Boogdud

Did anyone have any of the original PvP ranks? I think I got master sergeant on my very first character

Fuck that high warlord rank though

I have legionnaire (knight-captain for alliance) on one character, blood guard (knight-lieutenant) on two others. Could have easily gotten high warlord with those combined points (well over 80,000 in consecutive weeks) but wanted to help a friend get HWL, so I switched to my priest on the push team. He did get r14 though. Those times were some of my favorites in wow. Good times on suramar.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
R13/14 groups were the tightest of bonds. Spent way too much time together lol. And it was just a fuck ton of wsg/ab..

I have legionnaire (knight-captain for alliance) on one character, blood guard (knight-lieutenant) on two others. Could have easily gotten high warlord with those combined points (well over 80,000 in consecutive weeks) but wanted to help a friend get HWL, so I switched to my priest on the push team. He did get r14 though. Those times were some of my favorites in wow. Good times on suramar.
I'm sure everyone had amazing Crossroads showdowns but the ones on Suramar lead me to my first guild ever (Cloak of Shadows) plus I would just jump in and PvP for the hell of it (I rarely PvP now).

notworksafe

Man, the Blood Elf quest for paladins was really disrespectful.

Go and piss on Uther's grave, then burn a church!

God I loved the Blood Knight questline. Drain life from a god in order to kill humans, fawk yeah! I'm sure the Belf Paladin questline is super tame now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, went to Ogrimmar last night and SOOOOO much has changed since Cata.

A troll is now the warchief??! There is a giant ghost dragon hovering above the warchief chambers??

Is there some lore links or videos out there to explain what the fuck is going on?

strafer

Damn, went to Ogrimmar last night and SOOOOO much has changed since Cata.

A troll is now the warchief??! There is a giant ghost dragon hovering above the warchief chambers??

Is there some lore links or videos out there to explain what the fuck is going on?

That's the legendary questline dragon.

Tyragosa or whatever its name.

Boogdud

I'm sure everyone had amazing Crossroads showdowns but the ones on Suramar lead me to my first guild ever (Cloak of Shadows) plus I would just jump in and PvP for the hell of it (I rarely PvP now).

Haha I was probably right beside you fighting at cr. Was in redemption/rattlin bones, then was a founder of damage control. Though I did most of my pvping with anime samurai and RL friends in midnight.

ZenaxPure

Garrisons do look really awesome, but perhaps they put a little too much effort on them? I dunno, guess we'll see if the rest of the xpac suffers.

Yeah this is really where the core of my curiosity lies I think. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the content in MoP no one can deny that they experimented with a lot of concepts (scenarios, the farm and the character relationships/storylines you built up, brawler's guild, daily hub with a progressing story every few days, etc.)

WoD seems to be centering all of its new ideas into the garrison. Which isn't a bad thing really, I'm just confused by what all I will be doing there (and your link is somewhat helpful for that) and how much time I can put into it without getting bored.

Also have they said if garrisons will continue past WoD or will it be like other features that get dropped off? I want to assume they will stick around since it looks like a lot of work is going into them, but, yeah like I said haven't been following the news all year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know if anyone's playing assassination in 6.0, but should I even have garrote bound? Venomous Wounds was baked into assassination rupture but not garrote, and I still get the dagger bonus from ambush.

Boogdud

Don't know if anyone's playing assassination in 6.0, but should I even have garrote bound? Venomous Wounds was baked into assassination rupture but not garrote, and I still get the dagger bonus from ambush.

If you aren't pvping, or fighting vulnerable casting NPCs a lot then probably not. I rarely use it when not in PvP.

European guys, what's with all the Russian premades lately in random bg's?

It's all I'm facing now.

Full prideful vs pugs - how's that balanced?

I believe they've said garrisons are limited to WoD because it would be too overwhelming for people to come in late not having played WoD, especially if we're in another expac or two, to hope to catch up. It'd be like making everyone compelled to do the Halfhill farm (on an even larger scale) in WoD.

Now that doesn't mean there won't be a garrison 2.0 in whatever the expansion after WoD. Depending on their success, there probably will be. It just won't be tied in with the WoD stuff - they want it compartmentalized.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It shoulds been Lor'themar Theron, not some hippie weed smoking troll

Lor'themar is cool but he legitimately like wasn't even a character until 5.2. Vol'jin taking over was in the works since at least cataclysm, and he's been around since Warcraft 3, always just being that cool troll bro.

a leader who helped his people become stronger after hard times, not a bum who camped out in a trailer park outside of orgrimmar

>He didn't do the pre-cata echo isles event
>2014

notworksafe

oh i did the event. of course real players had to do the work for the trolls since they were too busy getting high and eating cheetos to recapture their own homeland.

voljin doesn't have the stones to lead the horde. sylvanas gonna lay his ass out before the end of WoD

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blood elves were getting 1-shot by level 1 mana wyrms when 6.0 hit, they don't have the fortitude to lead.

ZenaxPure

I believe they've said garrisons are limited to WoD because it would be too overwhelming for people to come in late not having played WoD, especially if we're in another expac or two, to hope to catch up. It'd be like making everyone compelled to do the Halfhill farm (on an even larger scale) in WoD.

Now that doesn't mean there won't be a garrison 2.0 in whatever the expansion after WoD. Depending on their success, there probably will be. It just won't be tied in with the WoD stuff - they want it compartmentalized.

Interesting. Makes sense I guess. It probably wouldn't be hard to implement a similar system in a future expansion now that they have the base for it. Also can serve as one of those things people who missed out on can go back and do like old reps or raids.

Wunder

oh i did the event. of course real players had to do the work for the trolls since they were too busy getting high and eating cheetos to recapture their own homeland.

voljin doesn't have the stones to lead the horde. sylvanas gonna lay his ass out before the end of WoD

you shut your god damn mouth

notworksafe

Blood elves were getting 1-shot by level 1 mana wyrms when 6.0 hit, they don't have the fortitude to lead.

Lor'themar is a crack shot hunter even though he only has one eye. Gotta appreciate skill like that. He should at least be Vice President of the Horde.

Dresden

Wonder what kind of heirlooms Sylvanas will drop in Siege on Undercity.

All the undead players will be moved to the Cleft of Shadows as their new home.

So what's the word on cross-realm raiding for Blackrock Foundry? Are all difficulties locked down to only your realm until Blizz sees fit?

notworksafe

I'd say one of the Alliance leaders should go bad but they're all such boring nobodies. Maybe the Dark Iron could take over Ironforge.

StayDead

I'd say one of the Alliance leaders should go bad but they're all such boring nobodies. Maybe the Dark Iron could take over Ironforge.

Alliance Leaders are not boring nobodies. The dwarven council are cool, Whisperwind is GOAT, Jaina is cool, Wrynn is kind of cool and High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque is cool as hell :>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Greatest of all time at what? Letting interesting things happen around her while she says 'No, Illidan don't

Or greatest of all time at getting washed into a river? Or greatest of all time at freeing Illidan? Or greatest at all time of not protecting Malfurion at all?

Top Bottom