• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm in the same place. It's pretty lame, and all I'm doing is stockpiling Gearspring Parts for the Goggles.

r u me

I see people selling Glyphs for 800g-1000g, some of the Draenor ones are 3000g on the AH. Once I upgrade my garrison, I'll probably put in a scribe place to get in on some of that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck borean tundra

Are there any rewards for loremaster? should I bother to complete all the quests in each zone or just move on once I'm at the required level?

ZenaxPure

I just don't get this mentality to be honest, loot that I can't use may as well be loot that didn't drop. The old dungeon design there was so many bosses who didn't even have a piece of loot I could use, now every boss has at least one item I can use, usually more. For me doing 3 dungeons where I don't get a single piece of loot is exactly the same as going 3 dungeons and the bosses not dropping a single piece of loot I can use or someone outrolling me on a piece of gear and I get nothing that way. I just don't see a difference.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My main gripe is that dungeoning feels far less exciting if you don't see yourself rolling for shit. Shallow, but true. Seeing "3g 29s 15c" show up after looting a boss is... enthusiasm killing.

And gear you couldn't use could still be disenchanted/vendored for much more than what you're getting now, on average.

Dresden

[Broken remains]

"There was an item here once."

ur welcome blizz.

Getting every little bit of gold that you missed mailed to you is kinda annoying, btw.

TheYanger

My main gripe is that dungeoning feels far less exciting if you don't see yourself rolling for shit. Shallow, but true. Seeing "3g 29s 15c" show up after looting a boss is... enthusiasm killing.

And gear you couldn't use could still be disenchanted/vendored for much more than what you're getting now, on average.

Personal loot is actually much more likely to result in useful loot per person over time from the results I've been seeing :/ I don't get why people hate it. Even in guild groups people like to swap it to the old style and it bugs me - it's LESS loot overall to do that and you're certainly no more likely to see any individual piece.

antonz

I'm enjoying questing in Draenor, which is basically like... the first time I can ever say that about a WoW expansion.

They have done a good job with the storyline and making questing not a total chore. There is something really neat too about being able to see Outlands before the whole torn apart thing and seeing the lore from a different angle where the bad stuff didn't go down

Rizzi

Mfw I realized that you need 300 taladite crystals to make the 640 JC stuff, 450 to upgrade them all to 655 and 600 to upgrade them to 665.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
die you fucker

HIfitOk.jpg

ZenaxPure

Personal loot is actually much more likely to result in useful loot per person over time from the results I've been seeing :/

I was about to give an anecdotal example of why I agree, but, now that I think about it it's not anecdotal at all, it's just facts really. I'm a rogue and I'm running dungeons with my brewmaster monk friend and as mentioned before so far we've ran ~10 dungeons and between us we are wearing 21 pieces of dungeon loot. That would be literally impossible in the old system where me and him would be competing for the exact same drops outside of weapons.

Yoshichan

wish I could play this on my phone

fuck

TheYanger

I was about to give an anecdotal example of why I agree, but, now that I think about it it's not anecdotal at all, it's just facts really. I'm a rogue and I'm running dungeons with my brewmaster monk friend and as mentioned before so far we've ran ~10 dungeons and between us we are wearing 21 pieces of dungeon loot. That would be literally impossible in the old system where me and him would be competing for the exact same drops outside of weapons.

So the drop rate on personal loot is like ~15-20% (anecdotal, but based on watching my own drops AND everyone else's in dungeons) at worst. It's VERY rare you kill a boss and nobody gets a drop, more common to see 2-3 people get it. Look at the loot tables on these mobs - they're effing huge. If you don't put it on personal the odds of you seeing a drop you can use are way lower than that, AND you can only get one, AND it could just drop for armor types that aren't even in the group. The odds of seeing the piece of loot you want are astronomically low either way right now (since they also added every stat combination basically, plus warforged, plus sockets/tertiary stats).

Even in a set group of 5, you're going to get exactly Boss# loot with group loot, and are much more likely to get like Boss+2-3 with personal, and it's all going to people that can theoretically use each piece. Yeah, some guy might get something someone else could've used and you can't trade it, but you were way less likely for that item to drop period if you were on group.

Ultratech

So the drop rate on personal loot is like ~15-20% (anecdotal, but based on watching my own drops AND everyone else's in dungeons) at worst. It's VERY rare you kill a boss and nobody gets a drop, more common to see 2-3 people get it. Look at the loot tables on these mobs - they're effing huge. If you don't put it on personal the odds of you seeing a drop you can use are way lower than that, AND you can only get one, AND it could just drop for armor types that aren't even in the group. The odds of seeing the piece of loot you want are astronomically low either way right now (since they also added every stat combination basically, plus warforged, plus sockets/tertiary stats).

Even in a set group of 5, you're going to get exactly Boss# loot with group loot, and are much more likely to get like Boss+2-3 with personal, and it's all going to people that can theoretically use each piece. Yeah, some guy might get something someone else could've used and you can't trade it, but you were way less likely for that item to drop period if you were on group.

Something that's had me curious now is if the loot tables in the Journal are bugged a bit.

I only mention it since while I can see everything I can use on my Hunter, I've seen trinkets listed in there for the class that have Spirit and related procs.
(Generally, it'll have a stat on there I can use, but the Spirit is worthless to me.)
Like Rukran's Quill for example.

I see it's taking healers exceptionally long to hit 100, heroic queues haven't gone below 50 minutes since the start of the weekend and every premade is 3 DPS waiting on a healer.

antonz

I see it's taking healers exceptionally long to hit 100, heroic queues haven't gone below 50 minutes since the start of the weekend and every premade is 3 DPS waiting on a healer.

All the fast paced DPS camping stockades makes it hard for the healers to log on. Today was the first day my priest friend was actually able to get in game and start leveling.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The work orders at your garrison only do one at a time every 3 hours? I set 4 before I went to sleep last night, quickly checked this morning before work and after I had collected it started the countdown again.

I can see why but it's a little annoying having to collect before it starts again or maybe I'm seeing it incorrectly.

antonz

The work orders at your garrison only do one at a time every 3 hours? I set 4 before I went to sleep last night, quickly checked this morning before work and after I had collected it started the countdown again.

I can see why but it's a little annoying having to collect before it starts again or maybe I'm seeing it incorrectly.

nah you can queue them up. The catch is it only processes one every time period so even if you have 20 it takes 80 hours to do all 20. Queuing is to make it less demanding for casuals and gate the hardcore

Ultratech

nah you can queue them up. The catch is it only processes one every time period so even if you have 20 it takes 80 hours to do all 20. Queuing is to make it less demanding for casuals and gate the hardcore

Yup, they complete sequentially.

So if you queue up say 5 Work Orders at about 4 hours a order, it'll take 20hrs before they all complete.
(Of course, the first one will complete in 4 hours.)

This is partially why The Storehouse isn't really worth building.
It'll add more Work Orders, but they're not really getting done any faster.
(Not to mention for the rest of stuff with it, you can just warp to Ashran and do that stuff there.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thrall needs to fuck off. Hopefully we leave him behind in the timeline after this expansion. Holy shit am I tired of Metzen's narcissism with that character.

Aon

As a hundo holy priest, it's fantastic. Any queue I want pops within SECONDS.

Yoshichan

Anyone else think the new crafting profession stuff is convoluted?

Elaborate please. Have barely started with professions

Yoshichan

Don't you mean.

THEY CHANGED PRFFESIONS AND MADE THEM HARDER>?

BLIZZARD HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEYRE DOING. THIS IS A JOKE

IM NOT GIVING THEM ANY MONEY ANY MORE. I QUIT

um wat

cdyhybrid

Anyone else think the new crafting profession stuff is convoluted?

It took me a while but I eventually figured it out. Everything runs through your garrison building. Work orders, etc. let you get more of your daily cooldown reagents, which are used in pretty much everything. Another daily cooldown lets you buy patterns in Ashran.

Yoshichan

Toys no longer in bags? Yay, more space!
New weird fishing system? Yay, less space!

What's the new weird fishing system?

I need to be fed all this new info!

Toys no longer in bags? Yay, more space!
New weird fishing system? Yay, less space!

The inventory situation improves with your skill and fishing gear. Once you cap out at 700 you stop getting so many small and regular sized fish and once you get an ephemeral rod and worm supremes you are catching nothing but enormous. Fish in pairs and throw the pheromone fish at each other and you can get over a thousand effective skill :D

You do end up vendoring a lot of fishing rods and strange baubles.

What's the new weird fishing system?

I need to be fed all this new info!

75% of your catch will be trash fish until you fish up a catch-specific 'bait' item that flips the odds to 75% of the targeted fish.
There is a new lure, worm supreme that gives +200 fishing skill for 10 minutes and is pretty commonly fished up if you go at it long enough.
You can now fish up Ephemeral rods, +100 fishing skill with a 24 hour duration.
You can now fish up pheromone fish, must be used on a friendly target, grants +100 skill and stacks with everything else.

There are now 'sizes' of fish. Small/Normal/Enormous that produce more flesh per catch. Small fish require a stack of 20 to convert into usable flesh. Normals require a stack of 10, Enormous a stack of 5. Your effective skill is what determines the ratio of small/normal/enormous. At ~950 skill 100% of your fish catches should be Enormous.

That's about it I think. I might have left out stuff from the Garrison building, which gives fishing dailies and can be fished at.

TheContact

Wow (I don't know how old this is) but you can transmog Wrap of Unity (the guild cloak with your colors/emblem that teleports you to capital city) so your cloak is your guild color and emblem. This is something I've always wanted since DAoC did it. Now my cloak is always going to be awesome

Hellers

I ignored the launch and did other things. I couldn't summon up the energy and then I read about all the problems.

Tonight I was bored enough to give it a go. Logged into Terokkar EU with my hunter and no queue. Started the questline and it's now 4 hours later and I need to go to bed. I have work in the morning. This is really, really good.

cdyhybrid

Wow (I don't know how old this is) but you can transmog Wrap of Unity (the guild cloak with your colors/emblem that teleports you to capital city) so your cloak is your guild color and emblem. This is something I've always wanted since DAoC did it. Now my cloak is always going to be awesome

I had no idea, that's pretty cool.

That feel when you realize you have DPS gear on halfway through tanking an instance.

Tacitus_

The inventory situation improves with your skill and fishing gear. Once you cap out at 700 you stop getting so many small and regular sized fish and once you get an ephemeral rod and worm supremes you are catching nothing but enormous. Fish in pairs and throw the pheromone fish at each other and you can get over a thousand effective skill :D

You do end up vendoring a lot of fishing rods and strange baubles.

I'm using Nat's hat for the free 150 lure and a Dragon Fishing Pole (combined +180) and I get mostly enormous fish already at ~600 base skill (795 buffed).

Top Bottom