• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Silver in the role you want yes

I had a little bit of a silly time with that last night. I tried it as Demo and failed on the healer wave since I didn't have any molten core stacks or demonic fury.

Did it as destro and dooked on it with 600 ilevel.

It just seems a bit weird that I can't play a spec that has a little ramp up and do the proving grounds. afaik Demonology has the best dps of all the warlock specs right now.

I guess that's the difference between sim-craft and World of Warcraft.

So I'm in the ebon blade place getting the tabard on my 92 dk.

Theres this AFK 78 ally DK there.

He was a male draeinie so Obviously I had to kill him..

It took me 4 howling blasts to kill him from range, FOUR.

What the fuck is that about, back in the day you could just look at anyone 20 levels lower and they'd die.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What the fuck is that about, back in the day you could just look at anyone 20 levels lower and they'd die.

You sure he didn't spec purgatory?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Between the item squish and the innate resilience on players now, you'll have to have some pretty hauss gear to squish lowbies.

I know they won't do it, but I wish they'd just get rid of pvp servers. It isn't world pvp anymore, it's gank-the-low-levels-and-bug-them-until-they-get-on-their-mains-and-kill-you servers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will happily transfer to a lower pop server, Blizz. I don't have much of an attachment to this one other than a larger raiding pool. I've got other friends on low pop servers I can play with and abuse their crafting abilities with.

But I'm not paying you because you weren't prepared.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
FIVE THOUSAND UNITED STATES ROLE PLAYERS

I'm trusting you guys... if Zul'jin doesn't ever come down to at least like 200 queues I will hate you all.

Between the item squish and the innate resilience on players now, you'll have to have some pretty hauss gear to squish lowbies.

I know they won't do it, but I wish they'd just get rid of pvp servers. It isn't world pvp anymore, it's gank-the-low-levels-and-bug-them-until-they-get-on-their-mains-and-kill-you servers.

That's bullshit, I've been having tons fun doing 90 v 90 PVP outside Cavers of Time before patch, literally the time of my life. Haven't met anyone in WoD yet simply because of the horde/alliance segregation on early zones.

If you don't like it don't roll on a PVP sever. Removing PVP servers has to be the stupid WoW related idea I've ever heard in my life. The game would be 100000% more boring if they did that.

That said I don't really straight up gank lowbies often, unless I can do it in an interesting way, there were 5 other alliance lowbies there, but I only killed him. Because he was the only male draeinie. And campers are assholes, that's why I spent most of my afk time in MoP defending thrallmar and Warsong hold from alliance gankers.

Squish making lowbies tougher is a good thing I guess, if gankers have to actually try to kill them they're easier to save. I was just super surprised.

Dresden

Love the tension when two factions are busily questing in the same area. Also makes cooperation more meaningful when they can turn around and try to kill you.

Heh

First ever pictures of WoW (1999)

jTb7Xxh.jpg

Q6YTWyG.jpg

Magnus

There are over 100 level 100s in my guild; but I'm taking my sweet ass time exploring and leveling. Enjoying it so much.

I think I'm averaging like 3 hours a level but I don't give a fuck.

I think I spent a whole 15 minutes alone on absurd archaeology jumping bullshit in Spires.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That's bullshit, I've been having tons fun doing 90 v 90 PVP outside Cavers of Time before patch, literally the time of my life. Haven't met anyone in WoD yet simply because of the horde/alliance segregation on early zones.

If you don't like it don't roll on a PVP sever. Removing PVP servers has to be the stupid WoW related idea I've ever heard in my life. The game would be 100000% more boring if they did that.

That said I don't really straight up gank lowbies often, unless I can do it in an interesting way, there were 5 other alliance lowbies there, but I only killed him. Because he was the only male draeinie. And campers are assholes, that's why I spent most of my afk time in MoP defending thrallmar and Warsong hold from alliance gankers.

Squish making lowbies tougher is a good thing I guess, if gankers have to actually try to kill them they're easier to save. I was just super surprised.

That lasts a month. People won't be standing outside those raids anymore because they can't insta-gib before you zone into the raid anymore, and it will be back to the way it was where leveling will be a chore because some shitter can't get past 1200 so he wants to grief people leveling up.

Cross realm zones on pvp servers mean every zone is always packed with a higher population itself than any server, it's totally ridiculous.

It's a relic from pre-battlegrounds. Let alone cross server battlegrounds and arena gear and now Ashran.

I would totally transfer to a pve realm and just be done with it if it werent for the fact that almost all good realms for pve are pvp. Sargeras is awesome for everything except old world stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
One hour and only down 1k. Does this mean 4 more to go? Fuckkkkkkkkkkk. This is hard to do on the blind trust that I'll find friends on this server.

Fjordson

Fuck my life. I was down to like 500 or 600 in the queue last time I checked. I go check my laptop just now and my laptop is off. I hadn't realized it was unplugged.

Now I'm at the back of the line in a 4500 person queue. Goddamnit. Probably not playing today now.

Are garrison missions completely random? I feel like I've entered a zero sum game of spending 30 supplies to do missions that only reward gold and exp, while getting around 25 garrison supplies every 4 hours or so.

So I've jumped back into this and I have to start up a class I've never played. I'm considering either druid (tank or heal, not sure) or warlock......anyone with experience with both?

That lasts a month. People won't be standing outside those raids anymore because they can't insta-gib before you zone into the raid anymore, and it will be back to the way it was where leveling will be a chore because some shitter can't get past 1200 so he wants to grief people leveling up.

I said outside the caverns of time. But really, feel free to continue the insulting assumptions.

And without wpvp stuff like timeless isle would have been super boring (and it was fairly boring until server got merged with some alliance ones to make it more balanced.)

Ultratech

This is prolly one of the few times I'm glad I'm on a low/med pop server cluster.

Don't have to deal much with queues. :D

(Except Dungeon Queues...but those are shit for DPS anyhow.)

Dinged 100, finished every quest in every zone, ilvl 613, first hc done..
But the pain..
My lock is a husk of a glorious character..
My dps is a joke atm...

I might end up levelling my healer earlier than expecting..

ampere

Been gearing up pretty well lately. Apparently the CM daily rewards loot either every time or something close, all 5 of us got loot both times so far.

On that subject, CMs in WoD are fucking hard. Bosses hitting me for 100k (60k after stagger) and I only have 300k. My gear is a bit low when scaled down, 623, so I am undergeared, but shit. Took us 2 hours to finish Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. The first and last bosses are nightmares. Ner'zhul ugh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
first day I got to finally play this game... sooo good.

Went from 90-97, so I'm pleased. Tomorrow after school, heroics hypeeeeeeeeee

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you ever get high enough garrison enchanting level to disenchant epics?

Quick question: I hit level 100 a little earlier and, although I still have my legendary cloak equipped, ever since I dinged I've noticed that Flurry of Xuen doesn't proc anymore. I've run a couple of dungeons and not once did it happen.

Has this happened for anyone else?

antonz

Quick question: I hit level 100 a little earlier and, although I still have my legendary cloak equipped, ever since I dinged I've noticed that Flurry of Xuen doesn't proc anymore. I've run a couple of dungeons and not once did it happen.

Has this happened for anyone else?

they disabled it for 100 or at the very least seriously nerfed its proc in order to get people to switch

cdyhybrid

Got my 680 ring now! Guess all I have left to do is finish up gathering Heroic gear, keep working on crafting, and get my garrison to level 3.

I might just say fuck it to playing my Alliance character with old friends. I'm on Stormrage-US and the queue is 5000+ every time I've logged on since launch morning. I had a 90 Frost Mage and 90 Prot Pally on Arathor-US (Horde side) so I'm just gonna play my Mage until the launch craziness subsides or at the very least I can get on to actually play my Rogue. It's insane how the servers just got demolished once the expansion went live. I have no doubt a lot of people came back to the game (a lot of people hated MoP on principle alone) but I've never seen anything like this.

FFXIV OT stands in solidarity with WoW today apparently.
mPbhBlQ.png

Hope you guys are enjoying your expansion btw.

The content is phenomenal, the problem is there are just so many people cramming into every server that it's ranged from down, to unplayable, to harsh queues, to "thank god, I got on right when Servers came up!" Hope the new FFXIV content is enjoyable. That game has a lot of potential.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Forgot about the Croman achievement during my Slag run, and tank messed up the Leeroy achievement in the UBRS run.

Protips for people yet to do heroic:

Leeroy - When you beat Kyrak, you'll see Leeroy's corpse behind him. Have someone rez him, and then talk to him. This'll start a 15 minute timer. Once that starts, you need to clear all trash up to and including Son of the Beast. After the timer counts down, Leeroy will do a suicide run through all the rooms from his corpse to where Son of the Beast is. Since he's only level 60, he'll be one shot by anything. You cannot preclear the first few rooms for an easy achievement. If you attempt to preclear, you'll disable the option to talk to him.

Croman - You need to fight Magmolatus after you get Croman to follow you so do Crushto first, and then Magmolatus. He's healable, so the healer should keep an eye on him. He'll also follow whoever talked to him so having the Tank talk to him is probably not a great idea.

Top Bottom