• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like I have very little idea what I'm doing, but when I'm running Heroics every other damage dealer seems like they're lagging way behind me. What are reasonable DPS numbers for a heroic dungeon right now?

I feel like I have very little idea what I'm doing, but when I'm running Heroics every other damage dealer seems like they're lagging way behind me. What are reasonable DPS numbers for a heroic dungeon right now?

Small sample size, but I've yet to see anybody top 17k. More often than not it's sitting at around 10-11k on bosses. People are still collecting gear so that number will climb steadily.

Yup, I've tried to avoid ms gear every chance I get. It's like a death sentence sometimes. I'm hoping they will fix it so that multi strike doesn't hit cc'd mobs.

I've found it will ignore LOS and hit things 15 yards below me behind a wall too, so it's basically a 'fuck you' mechanic that shouldn't exist until it stops getting me unwanted adds while I farm dangerous creatures. It's even pulling packs of trash in heroics.

Boogdud

I've found it will ignore LOS and hit things 15 yards below me behind a wall too, so it's basically a 'fuck you' mechanic that shouldn't exist until it stops getting me unwanted adds while I farm dangerous creatures. It's even pulling packs of trash in heroics.

My experience exactly. It basically nullifies any intelligent decision with positioning or cc. I can't believe it made it into the game like this. I take it you're a rogue too?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Tell that to my mage when she was levelling through MoP. Jesus christ that was painful :)

only rare mob in MoP that drove me nuts was that neutral bug dude in the middle of the pool on my shadow priest.. well, was annoying on shadow priest because he had an ability that would two shot you, had a pretty short cast time, and I only had one interrupt on like a 30 second cooldown. on top of that you had to run around the rock on one of his attacks, which would always aggro the gators in the area.. hunting him for his rare drop was a chore.. keeping the area clear of gators and perfect timing interrupts or else a long run back.

My experience exactly. It basically nullifies any intelligent decision with positioning or cc. I can't believe it made it into the game like this. I take it you're a rogue too?

Yeah, it's not been a fun weekend trying to figure out if I've been fucking up in instances or if it's Multistrike. The stat is literally making it harder for me to be a better player. It's worse than the ox statue bug, or back when Crusader's Shield was breaking CCs. This can happen at any time on a random target :(

So I hit 100 last night and there are so many things to do now I have a fear I'm going to forget to do something.

Does someone have a check list of things to get done before starting raiding? I'm trialing for a pretty top rated guild and I don't want to be behind because I forgot to finish my legendary quest ring or something, so a checklist of sorts would be really helpful.

Interfectum

Sothpaw

Mage is almost 100. Enjoying Frost, kinda scared reading about all the impressions about how we suck in PvE/PvP. I'll see I guess.

If you're like me and only interested in/have time for raid finder then don't bother paying attention what spec/class is "good." For pvp i have no clue but frost mage and bad at pvp were never been in the same sentence pre MOP.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did anyone find the Reagent Pouch in Spires of Arak yet?

I can't figure it out.

I feel like DK tanks are so boring to play now. They made rune strike passive and removed heart strike. Now we just spam death strike and blood coil. So fun.

Yeah, my entire dungeon experience is D&Decay, DoT up a mob, Spam BB and HS with the occasional Death Coil. POP ALL THE COOLDOWNS.

Rinse and repeat.

I miss summoning my ghoul and Heartstrikeing.

cdyhybrid

They've said they're looking at Blood DK skills still, because we pretty much only use our weapon for Death strike, and we're casting spells the rest of the time animation-wise.

Magnus

IN THEORY, platforming segments sound cool. In practice, let's fuckin face it guys: the garbage hit detection makes them terrible and unnecessarily frustrating. I mean, I'm as satisfied and happy as anyone when I nail one and land an Archaeology package or whatever, but it's the same kind of joy you get when you finally get through an unfairly difficult NES game sequence like Battletoads or TMNT, instead of actually feeling skilled.

Tacitus_

Ih5gVUR.png

Dat bronze realm best time
Dat UBRS best time without even setting foot in there

We're so good that we broke the game.

God the final frostfire ridge story quest is the most boring thing in all existence, and it goes on for faaaaar to long.

Thankfully the cutscene makes up for, but still its going to be my most dreaded quest on alts.

Malick[AI];139259299 said:
Yeah, my entire dungeon experience is D&Decay, DoT up a mob, Spam BB and HS with the occasional Death Coil. POP ALL THE COOLDOWNS.

Rinse and repeat.

I miss summoning my ghoul and Heartstrikeing.

My DK was my main tank from wrath to the end of MOP, and they're so fucking boring now I can't stand it. No reason they should have taken away so many buttons.

Manus

My DK was my main tank from wrath to the end of MOP, and they're so fucking boring now I can't stand it. No reason they should have taken away so many buttons.

Yeah seriously. We didn't even have that many to begin with. Tanking 5 mans is now a joke and so boring.

Yeah seriously. We didn't even have that many to begin with. Tanking 5 mans is now a joke and so boring.

I think I'll probably just end up leveling my paladin to tank. They didn't change much on them currently.

Blizz needs to give DKs their buttons back. :(

Anybody know when the alliance chopper will be in the game?

Haly

For people with Level 3 Garrisons, whats your setup like? Mine is...

Large:
War Mill - Transmogs, gearing up followers. Sometimes the random upgrades are super clutch.
Barracks (Under Construction) - Level up my dudes faster.

Medium:
Lumber Mill - Need a source of Garrison Resources whatever you're doing with it
Frostwolf Tavern - Get the right followers + another Resource income from dailies

Small:
Engineering - My profession, I'll probably drop this eventually if Engineering doesn't look more interesting in the next few patches
Salvage Yard - Gearing up followers from salvage
??? - The one I can't decide on. I'm leaning towards Enchant to make use of trash green/blues, or the Storehouse for convenience.

cdyhybrid

Large:
War Mill - Transmogs, gearing up followers. Sometimes the random upgrades are super clutch.

Medium:
Frostwolf Tavern - Get the right followers + another Resource income from dailies

Small:
Engineering - My profession, I'll probably drop this eventually if Engineering doesn't look more interesting in the next few patches
??? - The one I can't decide on. I'm leaning towards Enchant to make use of trash green/blues, or the Storehouse for convenience.

Just got mine!

Large: Barracks, War Mill
Medium: Lumber Mill (will replace with Barn in the future), Trading Post
Small: Eng, BS, Salvage

Haly

I've heard that the Trading Post produces more Resources than the Lumbermill, is that accurate?

Manus

I think I'll probably just end up leveling my paladin to tank. They didn't change much on them currently.

Blizz needs to give DKs their buttons back. :(

Anybody know when the alliance chopper will be in the game?

What's even crazier is they got rid of raise dead for blood and only unholy can now raise dead. Plus they got rid of our blood plaque. This class is becoming more and more less blood. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For people with Level 3 Garrisons, whats your setup like?
Running the exact same set up. Don't really know what to do with my third small plot and I don't know that I really care that much. I'm still resource hungry and I'd rather put them towards anything else. I'm like five draenic stone away from tier three mines and I think I have to throw more down to have those built.

antonz

I've heard that the Trading Post produces more Resources than the Lumbermill, is that accurate?

Pretty sure they are equal. of course trading post has a random resource each day it wants you to trade for. Lumber Mill just requires lumbering out in the world and turning it in.

Resources are very valuable right now so lumber might be appealing

Tacitus_

Large:

Medium:

Small:

Pretty much the same, I just have my 2 crafting buildings at small plots and a salvage yard.

antonz

Was shocked myself loged in 30 mins ago to only 700 people in line on Sargeras. and now its only 40 people in front of me.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Large:

Medium:

Small:

Enchanting Hut is worth it for cosmetic reasons. If I read it correctly you can essentially transmog a weapon enchant so you're not stuck with something that sticks out like a sore thumb against your mog.

Artanisix

It's true, at least at level 2 ( dont know if it changes @ level 3 with a follower). Trading post gives 30 while Lumber mill gives 20. I have both level 2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will you sometime be able to disenchant epics in your enchanter garrison?

Haly

Enchanting Hut is worth it for cosmetic reasons. If I read it correctly you can essentially transmog a weapon enchant so you're not stuck with something that sticks out like a sore thumb against your mog.
I'm a monk, weapon enchants are almost meaningless for me cosmetically speaking.

It's true, at least at level 2 ( dont know if it changes @ level 3 with a follower). Trading post gives 30 while Lumber mill gives 20. I have both level 2.
Fuuuuuuuuuurk. All this lumber is doing nothing in my inventory. I'd rather give up mats for resources.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't have anywhere near the 2k resources required for the TIer 3 Garrison and I don't know why! :(

Right now I am tier 2 with:
Small: Tannery, Gem Boutique
Medium: Gladiator's Sanctum
Large: Barracks

sadly I think getting the Sanctum was a mistake. Doubt I am able to do as much PVP that is required to really take advantage of it.

Tacitus_

You need the LM follower for it to produce 30 and you only get that after getting LM to lvl 3. Kinda regretting my choice now, but OTOH I can do what I want with my mats instead of feeding them back to the system.

cdyhybrid

I don't have anywhere near the 2k resources required for the TIer 3 Garrison and I don't know why! :(

Right now I am tier 2 with:
Small: Tannery, Gem Boutique
Medium: Gladiator's Sanctum, Barracks

sadly I think getting the Sanctum was a mistake. Doubt I am able to do as much PVP that is required to really take advantage of it.

Rare mobs + treasure chests. Got my 2K GR while still sending people on missions in a day.

Apt101

This expansion keeps getting better. I tracked down some people from an old guild! So happy. We're going to do some heroics later or next weekend. It was fun chatting about times, like when I used to take off my shaman's pants prior to boss fights because they were so D back in the day. Or how we used to have naked boxing matches on our Alliance characters before raids got started (I, the paladin, always won).

I'm working my way through Nagrand and it's a smorgasbord of content.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it bad that I plan to main Blood Elf but I won't make one until they update the models because updating changed the faces of the other races so I want to know exactly what I'm getting when I create them?

Anyway, queue was only 750 today (signing in at 2:30 helps) so I'm gonna plaaaay!

Fjordson

Is it bad that I plan to main Blood Elf but I won't make one until they update the models because updating changed the faces of the other races so I want to know exactly what I'm getting when I create them?

Anyway, queue was only 750 today (signing in at 2:30 helps) so I'm gonna plaaaay!
Remember you can change your face at the barbershop now incase you don't like your updated one. Unless you mean you may not like the updated belts in general.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
woohoo name reclaim! I filed a ticket to reclaim Pugsley on my desired server (Bloodhoof). Went through, paid for the character name change (previously sad sack pugzley).

yes, it's the little things. Ironically this isn't even my main.. however he is my second highest character (90) and currently has around 38K on him.

Dreaver

Sorry if this has been asked a million time, but is there a way to get a free month or so? I've an account that's frozen (last login is about 4-5 years ago). I've been tempted to try it again.. I believe there were scrolls of resurrections a few years ago or so. Is there any way to get some free game time or so with my current account?

Top Bottom