• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Sorry if this has been asked a million time, but is there a way to get a free month or so? I've an account that's frozen (last login is about 4-5 years ago). I've been tempted to try it again.. I believe there were scrolls of resurrections a few years ago or so. Is there any way to get some free game time or so with my current account?

no, there isn't. I believe there's not even a way really to gift someone time aside from giving them a game card.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Remember you can change your face at the barbershop now incase you don't like your updated one. Unless you mean you may not like the updated belts in general.
I never heard of a barbershop. I thought you had to pay $15 to change how your character looks.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I never heard of a barbershop. I thought you had to pay $15 to change how your character looks.

barbershop lets you change hair style, hair color, and facial hair.

The paid service also lets you change face, skin color, gender, and name.

Taurens do get a "skin" color (aka fur) change at the barber shop also.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For people with Level 3 Garrisons, whats your setup like? Mine is...

Large:
War Mill - Transmogs, gearing up followers. Sometimes the random upgrades are super clutch.
Barracks (Under Construction) - Level up my dudes faster.

Medium:
Lumber Mill - Need a source of Garrison Resources whatever you're doing with it
Frostwolf Tavern - Get the right followers + another Resource income from dailies

Small:
Engineering - My profession, I'll probably drop this eventually if Engineering doesn't look more interesting in the next few patches
Salvage Yard - Gearing up followers from salvage
??? - The one I can't decide on. I'm leaning towards Enchant to make use of trash green/blues, or the Storehouse for convenience.

If you aren't leveling it doesn't really seem like there's enough things to D/E at max level since they can't seem to D/E epics anyways.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you aren't leveling it doesn't really seem like there's enough things to D/E at max level since they can't seem to D/E epics anyways.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

Gonna leave it on empty for now I guess, since my resources are better spent on other things.

Apt101

The podlings remind me of those little blue humanoids from Baldur's Gate. I saw one yelled "death to all" as they charged me. Little bastards.

Fjordson

Nope. With the updated models and some people being unhappy with the updated versions of their characters Blizzard put in face changes to the barbershop. So if you want you could make a blood elf now and then just change it when new models come out if you don't like the updated version.

Barbershop also lets you change hair color and style and facial hair if you're a male.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
barbershop lets you change hair style, hair color, and facial hair.

The paid service also lets you change face, skin color, gender, and name.

Taurens do get a "skin" color (aka fur) change at the barber shop also.

You can change the face with the barbershop since patch 6.0

edit : beaten

Dicer

Banned
Quick question...

I installed Tukui and it works fine on my lock, swapped over to hunter and it's not running, is there a way to reset the ui for just one toon at a time?

not a reload, a full on reset?

Hopefully someone knows, my google fu is usually pretty good but not for this....

Thanks in advance

Dreaver

no, there isn't. I believe there's not even a way really to gift someone time aside from giving them a game card.

That's to bad, if I may ask one more question: I believe someone can invite me (he gets a free month and I get xp boost). I do have to create a new account and email for it. Is it possible to later combine /merge this with my "old" account I already have? Google is vague about it.

Glyphs are insane right now. Learned all the new ones (funnily enough on my boosted alt which doesn't have any other glyph recipes). Because of the scarcity of herbs, each glyph costs about 250g to make, but I haven't sold one for less than 750g.

INSANE!

And in a day or two I can start making Darkmoon Cards as well. That'll be fun. Goal in the next few days is to get everyone important to 92 with the level 2 garrison so I can get all my profession CDs rolling. Not sure if it matters getting a first alt to 100 though - maybe all to 96 after that for the herb garden, then slowly finish to 100.

CassSept

Well seems whatever they're doing it's working, only <700 is decent.

When I am able to play the expansion looks very promising. The ost is excellent.

Manus

Well seems whatever they're doing it's working, only <700 is decent.

When I am able to play the expansion looks very promising. The ost is excellent.

Yeah liking the OST. Keep thinking I launched Skyrim by accident when I have the launcher up.

RkOwnage

I'm starting to notice a lot lower % on the garrison missions for my followers. Is this normal, did I do something wrong?

Also should I take a chance on them, or is there something I'm missing here?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hell-it's-about-time-lvl100.jpg

Arcayne

Huh, is there any good reason to keep Mining paired with Engineering? The garrison mines seems to supply more than enough materials for the latter profession..

Haly

Huh, is there any good reason to keep Mining paired with Engineering? The garrison mines seems to supply more than enough materials for the latter profession..

None. Drop it for Herbs because that actually makes money.

Or Scribe for SUPER MONEY.

(The prices people are charging for chase glyph fffffffffffffffffffffff)

Haly

What are the big red rings on the Frostfire map about? I have searched with little luck.

Archaeology.

When you're in a big red ring, hit "Survey", the shovel icon from your Archaeology prof. You'll build a little telescope that points you in the direction of a digsite.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mother of god, the ring of blood was a huge disappointment in this expansion... a green reward at the end, really? :lol

isMwB5ASnpDZF.png

Dicer

Banned
mother of god, the ring of blood was a huge disappointment in this expansion... a green reward at the end, really? :lol

isMwB5ASnpDZF.png

That looks like ring of trials, not blood....and it gave me a blue.

Edit: a party? I soloed it (trials, haven't done ring yet)

antonz

I'm starting to notice a lot lower % on the garrison missions for my followers. Is this normal, did I do something wrong?

Also should I take a chance on them, or is there something I'm missing here?

The higher the mission the more important the specialties are. lacking specialties is a huge penalty to success

Fjordson

Anyone on Sargeras US tried to log on in the last hour or so? Wondering how bad the queue will be when I get home in two hours.

JSoup

Banned
I believe there's not even a way really to gift someone time aside from giving them a game card.

There sorta is. I haven't done it in a year or two, but you can send someone a link to your "pay here to add time" page and they can buy time for you.

Haly

I have 3 level 100 followers with evasion.

What the hell game? I don't need everyone to stay out of the fire, just one!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
At item level 610 now, hoping to start heroic dungeons soon. Just need to replace a few green armor pieces.

Still loving my rogue. The only thing that I'm disappointed about is that daggers are kind of unimpressive looking. I got a look at the 2h challenge mode weapons and feel a little left out, because holy cow those weapons are big and awesome looking. Gotta get that polearm for my monk and 2h sword for my paladin. And the shields are amazing. Ugh.

Arksy

My main is dual gathering skinning/mining...what small plots should I get? Can you craft things at a tannery without being a LWer for example??

Arcayne

None. Drop it for Herbs because that actually makes money.

Or Scribe for SUPER MONEY.

(The prices people are charging for chase glyph fffffffffffffffffffffff)

Excellenttttt! Also, is jewel-crafting no longer the #1 gold making profession? I'm assuming so since they neutered gem sockets/options in WoD

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can also just farm that stupid Wolf mount really easily since the guy that drops the mount isn't a rare spawn. He's just a regular mob. Just go to the corner of Frostfang Ridge where he is and join a cross-realm group forming a "line" for the mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was checking out the Core Hound mount on the model viewer. That thing is huge. Like it may be the new 'stand on mailboxes' mount.

You never played a horde character in the Barrens I assume? Back before Cata there was a quest just south of Crossroads where Manrik asks you to find his (dead) wife. Endless chat topics spawned from the quest.

I remember that dude!! In cata he wanted to kill all those bears things right?

ZenaxPure

Yes it was pretty disappointing. I soloed it as a ret paladin. I was expecting a good atleast normal quality weapon. Oh well ...

They moved the usual expansion arena questline weapon to the Proving Grounds which makes sense considering you have to do it to que for heroics.

Don't think it matters that much in the grand scheme of things though, most people will just be using their heirloom weapon until they find something better in a heroic dungeon or if they get an epic upgrade from a level 100 rare spawn.

Mordeccai

So does anybody know what the point of the legendary quest with Apexis crystals is? I was able to do every other quest in the line earlier this morning up to the Highmaul ones and got the lvl 680 ring, but only have 2k apexis. Is this a separate line or was I not supposed to be able to skip the 5k apexis crystals part?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So does anybody know what the point of the legendary quest with Apexis crystals is? I was able to do every other quest in the line earlier this morning up to the Highmaul ones and got the lvl 680 ring, but only have 2k apexis. Is this a separate line or was I not supposed to be able to skip the 5k apexis crystals part?
It's basically a high hurdle set up to gate players, as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom