• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

StayDead

Maybe I've missed something, but everyone recommends making small garrison buildings which match your professions. If I have 2 crafting profs such as enchanting / alch, to start work orders I still need to go and buy the mats required. Are you guys just buying these in bulk and starting tonnes of work orders with them?

Not sure I'd make my money back based on the price of mats at the minute.

I've got an two engineering (one on alt, one on main) and a jc small building (on main).

Thankfully they use the matts gathered from the garrison mine. Can you not use the herb garden for the alch building?

I mean more when a pull goes bad.

When i'm tanking, I have a reasonable idea of how many mobs I can handle. Any more packs than what I think is my maximum I'd like to remove somehow, either via CC or some distraction like Xuen or Ox Statue. The thing that annoys me the most is when I Paralyze something, and notice it gets broken in 3 seconds by someone else.

im sorry haly but i need 2 bladestorm plz understand

Also I really like gladiator stance.

Son1x

God damn it Blizzard, last 5 Garrison Hearthstones basically went to waste as I waited a minute or two to get "Transfer aborted" and cooldown on it. My HS is also set in Shrine since Warspear is a terrible hub and it takes me like 30 minutes just to get to my garrison.

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

When the xpac was first announced one of my friends literally said "That sounds like bad fan fiction" and honestly there is some truth to it. Since the moment they've announced the xpac they've been playing up the whole warlord thing (hence the name) basically saying "Don't you want to go back in time and hang out with all these dead folks!"

I would love for them to actually tie it into one of the main stories they've been working on/teasing the past 10 years, but I really don't see it happening.

I'd agree. It's cool to see what outland was like, but that's all it is. There's no long lasting anything story wise I could see coming out of this expansion unless some of our major characters bit the dust.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Apex dailies, how?

Really impressed with the heroic dungeons for actually being hard and required team coordination.

Killing stuff. They're pretty stupid TBH, really do not like the design of them.

Heroic dungeons don't require that much coordination really. This is typical launch style play where people aren't sure what to do so there's some talking about what to do.

It's not all killing. Freeing elementals in Frostfire ridge is good for 4% completion, destroying cannons in Shattrath is good for 3% completion, etc.

It's like a daily Bonus Objective with flexible completion requirements. It's still very mindless but it's not that bad if you form a premade and roll through the zone in 5 minutes.

Oh btw I think I unlocked a mission thing in my garrison but requires 800 apex cristal to work but I didnt tell me if I get anything or a new base or something.

StayDead

I'd agree. It's cool to see what outland was like, but that's all it is. There's no long lasting anything story wise I could see coming out of this expansion unless some of our major characters bit the dust.

I think long lasting story wise plenty could happen.

They've opened up another world without the scourge invasion if we stop Nehr'zul from going into Frostmourne, a world where Arthas isn't driven mad and a world where Deathwing never destroyed Azeroth.

I hope they follow this multiverse since serving under Arthas of Lorderon would be AMAZING.

Loxley

I've been holding off on playing WoW while the initial rush of players makes it through the first few zones, I think I've held off long enough. Totally going to binge tonight.

Dat feel when your level 90 warrior is doing more damage than your level 100 shaman.

No kidding. Shamans need a buff!

Most of the heroic gear has versatility instead of haste. I can't get anywhere near my haste cap. There is no reforging anymore, or hardly any gem slots.

petran79

Banned
fuck, I got hacked.

me too. Didnt log in for a few months

today received email about WOW transaction from a credit card I do not own. Transactions were cancelled. Changed email passwords too.

I received a 72 hour suspension. Plus they require now an authenticator number, accessible only via a new mobile phone or a physical purchase!

send them a copy of my ID card to remove that as soon as possible.
If not, I dont play those games that much anyway and if this goes on, I am much better with an offline pirated Starcraft 2 version.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, if you have alts you plan on leveling later on, I would heartily suggest you at least play the first hour or two and get them their garrison so they can start stockpiling garrison resources. Won't have to do anything but check in every week to clean up your 500 resources, but it's well worth it I think.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think the apex dailies are fine. In the history of really repetitive daily quests and rep grinds there are a few things that at least give the apex dailies some variety. Up front you're given two different choices, so if you absolutely loathe one option you can always take the other. The quests themselves also have multiple paths to their completion condition in most cases, opening up some extra variety at the very least. You can group for most of them and be done with them in pretty much no time at all if you hate them that much.

They've opened up another world without the scourge invasion if we stop Nehr'zul from going into Frostmourne, a world where Arthas isn't driven mad and a world where Deathwing never destroyed Azeroth.

I hope they follow this multiverse since serving under Arthas of Lorderon would be AMAZING.

Holy shit. My jaw literally dropped at that possibility. Just an alternate eastern kingdoms as a setting would be great, but...that wouldn't even have the orcs then, would it? Man...how would that even work, my mind is reeling.

G-Unit

Lol a bt off topic but this is funny

dEADTkZ.png

So I just noticed the launcher gave me Heroes of the Storm alpha access...

LOL @ that with this much WoW to play.
Heh. And here I thought Robin64 was the only one left without access. :p

Otherwise, yeah, I'm not playing anything else right now (next game I touch will be Captain Toad). I had a hard time playing Fantasy Life last night because I thought of everything I could be doing in Draenor instead.

Saw a friend logged onto Battle.net last night who hasn't been on in over two years. I decided to play coy and ask if my bro had convinced him to play Hearthstone. He told me a co-worker has been raving about WoD to the point that he decided to resub and try it out. I think I got a tear in my eye. That's the second friend who had lapsed before Pandaria that has come back this week. :D

Also... Spires. I had to laugh. I had a quest that opened up at 95? that wanted me to fly there. I mostly ignored it because I wasn't ready to start questing. Then last night, two more quests wanted me to go to Spires. I'm thinking that by time I actually get there, I'm going to have ten quests to turn in.
Gorgrond is a pretty great area to get a lot of levels. Vignettes + rares + bonus objectives are all fun. Congrats on the deal for the rabbit, that's pretty cheap. I'm still shopping for a good deal.
The reaction from non-pet people to paying 30K for a pet is pretty funny. 3/4th of my guild was like "lol no" while my GM, who hooked me up with the deal because he saw someone barking 40k and talked them down to 30k for me, was jealous because he spent 60k on his. Honestly though, what I've seen the garn mount go for when you know you'll get one eventually floors me more. I'll keep my fingers crossed someone gets hard up for gold and sells theirs at a good deal too for you.

StMeph

Ner'zhul was put into the armor that's part of the Frozen Throne, which has now mainly been reduced to the helmet. Frostmourne isn't where he resides, and he was put into the armor for his earlier failures in serving the Legion after his death, so there's very possibly still a Lich King to come, since that's how it all started anyway. None of the events that have happened have been prevented except for the Orc corruption by demons, but the Legion is still involved with the Shadow Council.

The most major difference, ostensibly, is that there is never the first Orc invasion, because the Iron Horde invaded our Azeroth instead. The original Azeroth is untouched, and Sargeras-corrupted Medivh will have to find some other avenue to take over the world and reclaim the Well.

That said, all of it is silly enough that I imagine this timeline will never be re-used or extended outside of this expansion, because to do so would invite an endless loop of time paradoxes and retcons and lorelols.

Entropia

No One Remembers
BTW, if you have alts you plan on leveling later on, I would heartily suggest you at least play the first hour or two and get them their garrison so they can start stockpiling garrison resources. Won't have to do anything but check in every week to clean up your 500 resources, but it's well worth it I think.

I've only got my Monk in there so far but it's been a god send because I've made himk Skinning/Enchanting, so I've been sending leather to my Shaman (LW/JC) so I've actually been able to get the burnished leather needed for all the fancy shit.

ZenaxPure

That said, all of it is silly enough that I imagine this timeline will never be re-used or extended outside of this expansion, because to do so would invite an endless loop of time paradoxes and retcons and lorelols.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant with the baggage associated with going down this road. I like time traveling stories and don't typically try to think too hard about breaking them apart (because the concept of time traveling is so ridiculous on its own) and I would love to see more of this timeline like the orc-less Azeroth, but, yeah I don't think they will really use it for anything other than a vehicle for us to be on Draenor and fight all these historical figures.

Fjordson

Man challenge modes so far have been a blast. I was worried I'd feel kinda directionless not having a guild to prep for raiding with this launch but putting together CM groups is an awesome challenge.

I really forgot how much I missed having to coordinate in 5-man content.

cdyhybrid

Join a raid in the group finder for the Apexis dailies. You can finish it in like 10 minutes.

Edit: I see that hotfix to provide more low level missions is in. Awesome.

I've gotten one alt to a tier 2 garrison but it's not idletown the way the sunsong ranch was, I still need to send him out as he's my primary source of hides and the stupid trapped animals don't stack in his inventory. The cooldown on the trap sucks, too. Maybe it improves at the level 2 barn but who knows.

Rizific

dinged 100 yesterday and im completely lost on what to do. my end goal is to raid, do i just grind 5mans until im geared enough for heroics? or better yet, what CAN i do at 100?

Mothman91

dinged 100 yesterday and im completely lost on what to do. my end goal is to raid, do i just grind 5mans until im geared enough for heroics? or better yet, what CAN i do at 100?

You can finish questing in Nagrand if you haven't The gear there you get/find are close to 610 which is the ilvl you need for heroics. Do the dailies for the apexis crystals, and also start your legendary quest for the 640/680 ring you get.

In my opinion, at 100:

Do what you can for your garrison, if you can't immediately upgrade to lvl 3 then save resources for that.
Finish the quests in Nagrand. Not only are the cutscenes awesome but assuming you have a Dwarven Bunker the quest upgrades will be a huge help towards your iLvL for heroics.
If your low on resources, Nagrand has a pretty dense collection of treasures that give them. Download an addon called Handy Notes and the Draenor extension to see where all the treasures are and what they give.
Continue to manage followers and work orders. Followers, once leveled enough, start getting missions that offer real gear for you aswell as money and legendary quest items, they shouldn't be ignored. As for work orders, the only money to be made in this expansion will be items gated by cooldowns. Materials are going to be dirt cheap so farming I think will be a waste of time. Keeping work orders ticking is the main way to make money.

A note on that: The most important one could be the Barn work orders. At level 3 the Barn provides Savage Blood which is required for every craftable upgrade in the game. Not only that, but the level 3 Barn takes quite awhile to unlock, something like 24 days if your only using one character. Savage Blood is going to be the main bottleneck for craftable epics by a pretty large margin, unless there ends up being a way to reliably farm alot of Primal Spirits. Right now I'd advise everyone to start ticking Barn work orders as soon as they can.

Do the daily and kill the rarespawns there. Most drop iLvL 620 loot.

Eventually at 610 once you can do Heroics, spam spam spam. Loot has alot of variance in terms of quality now with warforged being able to be on everything and random sockets. Edit: Oh and of course do your Legendary quest ASAP.

At 625-630 you can start doing Challenge modes. There's a daily that gives a guaranteed 640 epic every day for just completing a challenge mode. You don't have to medal. Some are harder than others. In my experience so far Skyreach is worst, followed by Everbloom. The others I've done aren't so hard really. They all require coordination though and you should expect to wipe on the hard fights with a pug until people really iron out the pug strats.

Another venue for gear past heroic dungeons is Apexis. The fastest way to get these once you've done your daily is to joina Pit farming group in Gorgrond. With a decent raid and a good route you can get 1-1.2k Apexis and hour this way. It is fucking mind numbing though.

Finally if you have some gold in your pocket, start shopping around for good craftables. If you value crit as a dps, the darkmoon cards are very very good. As a healer the darkmoon card is also very good. I dunno how great they are for someone who doesn't like crit, but the tanking one does have bonus armor which I believe is the best stat for most tanks where they can get it.

In December the raids come out and I don't think it'll be hard to get a spot if you spent this month gearing up diligently. Normal and Heroic difficulty look to be not so bad. Mythic guilds will of course be more selective than just gear.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
FYI for folks worried about garrison level 3 when they hit 100..

grab a lumber mill asap and get it to level 2 immediately. keeping work orders filled is 120 resources a day and trivial starting with gorgrond and talador. also as others have said every single X (crossed swords), chest, or skull you see on your mini map hit up immediately.. every single one seems to be worth 15-20 resources (and nets you a blue item usually). I'm halfway through 96 and at around 1300 resources with a full lumber mill (worth another 280) the remaining 400 (and then follower quests) should be pretty trivial over the next 3.5 levels.

Karl Hawk

Banned

grab a lumber mill asap and get it to level 2 immediately. keeping work orders filled is 120 resources a day and trivial starting with gorgrond and talador. also as others have said every single X (crossed swords), chest, or skull you see on your mini map hit up immediately.. every single one seems to be worth 15-20 resources (and nets you a blue item usually). I'm halfway through 96 and at around 1300 resources with a full lumber mill (worth another 280) the remaining 400 (and then follower quests) should be pretty trivial over the next 3.5 levels.

How can I get the level 2 blueprint for Lumber Mill? That's my only obstacle to get my lumber mill to level 2.

How can I get the level 2 blueprint for Lumber Mill? That's my only obstacle to get my lumber mill to level 2.
I purchased mine from the blueprint vendor in Warspear with the free token I received from completing Gorgrond. Probably other options available but that's one way. (And the vendor in your garrison.)

Yes that is a good idea. I would urge people to take this advice.

Too bad I didn't know this before I got 100 on Sunday lol

Also, try not to send your followers on missions unless they give you garrison resources.

Interfectum

So if I had to guess, I'm thinking the next step for Garrisons in the future will be you creating your own kingdom (farm, town, soldiers, towers, walls, etc) and there will be a Clash of Clans invasion style mechanic to go along with that.

Top Bottom