• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Reknoc

So if I had to guess, I'm thinking the next step for Garrisons in the future will be you creating your own kingdom (farm, town, soldiers, towers, walls, etc) and there will be a Clash of Clans invasion style mechanic to go along with that.

So what you're saying is Warcraft 4 will be a WoW expansion

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Garrison Campaign Quests Active
Garrison Campaign quests are now active and the one you get each week appears to be random.

How do I activate this?

Ultratech

Garrison Campaign quests are now active and the one you get each week appears to be random.

How do I activate this?

I got mine from one of my guys in my Garrison.
Funny enough, it took place in one of the areas the Apexis daily was at, so I killed two birds with one stone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iEkjkrdb8hLxH.png
ez drops

G-Unit

meh im like 10 days from lvl 100, for some reason i feel the urge to level alts at the same time... damn you garrisons..

plus i have fc4 to play.

Interfectum

meh im like 10 days from lvl 100, for some reason i feel the urge to level alts at the same time... damn you garrisons..

plus i have fc4 to play.

I'm resisting the urge for doing alts. It leads me down a dark path of not truly getting anywhere with any one character. I'll just have a bunch of gimped 100s unable to raid or be competitive in PvP. I'm trying to take a different route this time.

Kacar

BTW, if you have alts you plan on leveling later on, I would heartily suggest you at least play the first hour or two and get them their garrison so they can start stockpiling garrison resources. Won't have to do anything but check in every week to clean up your 500 resources, but it's well worth it I think.
Are garrison resources shared accorss characters?

Jarnet87

Gonna start playing my Monk on Mannoroth. It's so easy to level as a tank but I really dislike the Brewmaster spec. May switch to Mistweaver at 60.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh man is this the thread everyone has been in? I'm an idiot for only reading the launch thread!

HAH! Welcome home, friend.
Did you read that in Metzens voice?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Went from 604 to 608 just today. At this rate I'm going, it might take 5-7 days to get my main raid-ready (ilvl 630). Assuming, of course, that the dungeons actually drops the loot that I want (No, game. I don't need a fucking leather loot). :p

Lucis

So...

I got to i625 simply by doing a few heroics and finishing the legendary ring upgrade quest line.

I want to start doing daily challenge mode, how much harder is it compare to heroics? Can you do it with a cross server group? Anyone wanna play? ;o

I am resto shaman btw.

Peachpies

How do I activate this?
it will be somewhere in your garrison, different people will get different campaign quests and they each have their own starting location. Just look around in your garrison for a new quest icon.

antonz

Gearing upto 630 isn't too bad. New Loot system in dungeons where bosses have larger tables sharing more has its advantages but boy does it suck at times. Run so many instances to get the same items dropping over and over from half the loot table while the other half is never seen. I really want that staff out of Auchidoun

Mothman91

Gearing upto 630 isn't too bad. New Loot system in dungeons where bosses have larger tables sharing more has its advantages but boy does it suck at times. Run so many instances to get the same items dropping over and over from half the loot table while the other half is never seen. I really want that staff out of Auchidoun
Caster staff?? I got that yesterday even though I already have a epic upgrade when I was questing in Nagrand. I really need a chest/bracers. I have some 520 trinkets but the procs are for dps and they summon stuff :(

Need some healing ones.

13thStep

I have a question for those of you playing Destro locks. I've changed mains to a lock back in TBC and I have to say it seems something is wrong with my damage output. Anyone else find this? I don't really know any warlocks to have a chat with about this, so I come here. I feel like I'm slow coming out of the gate. I follow the proper rotation I should be and other classes are killing me. I am 100 and my ilevel is 616. Yet I'm usually the worst DPS in 5 man groups. I'm not saying I'm the greatest player in the world, but there is no way that all of a sudden I am now the worst.

Unlocking the rank 3 dwarf bunker is going to kill me, I have only 3 level 100 followers and I'm lacking anybody over level 95 who can do things like beat enrage timers, deal with deadly minions or taunt. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have a question for those of you playing Destro locks. I've changed mains to a lock back in TBC and I have to say it seems something is wrong with my damage output. Anyone else find this? I don't really know any warlocks to have a chat with about this, so I come here. I feel like I'm slow coming out of the gate. I follow the proper rotation I should be and other classes are killing me. I am 100 and my ilevel is 616. Yet I'm usually the worst DPS in 5 man groups. I'm not saying I'm the greatest player in the world, but there is no way that all of a sudden I am now the worst.

Warlocks are pretty poop right now, but they're probably gear dependent again.

I think Demonology is supposed to be the best, but it's just so boring to play I can't bring myself to do it.

vocab

That's what happens when you do 1-2million dps in Siege of orgrimmar.

Though you'll have to get behind shamans in terms of bitching. The forums are out of control.

13thStep

That's what happens when you do 1-2million dps in Siege of orgrimmar.

Though you'll have to get behind shamans in terms of bitching. The forums are out of control.

This makes me laugh b/c my "main" alt is an Ele Shaman. Do I know how to pick 'em or what?

antonz

Caster staff?? I got that yesterday even though I already have a epic upgrade when I was questing in Nagrand. I really need a chest/bracers. I have some 520 trinkets but the procs are for dps and they summon stuff :(

Need some healing ones.
Yup the caster staff from first one. Like the way it looks would even be a decent transmog. Have managed to get 630 in everything but weapon, chest and 1 trinket. Seen boots drop like 20 times though. Just about to turn in my apexis crystals for the 680 ring step

vocab

This makes me laugh b/c my "main" alt is an Ele Shaman. Do I know how to pick 'em or what?

Well warlocks are mechanically sound. Aff sucks, but destro still functions. Demo is fun, but it has the same problem as shamans (not as clunky). So much to do, very little reward. I expect a buff to demo eventually. If not, blizzard goofed.

WoD definitely set game play back for a bunch of specs.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Affliction got nerfed so hard it's like a painter gone blind.

I can't even stop people from capping flags, or kill totems. I have to melee them because felflame is gone. Soul burned Soul Swap costs 2 soul shards when it really should just cost 1, same with the new empowered haunt talent.

It needed to be toned down, but really its just classic overcompensating Blizzard.

Tacitus_

Try to avoid moving as much as possible and try to use instants when you're on the move (conflag!), offload your damage to your pet via pet talents as they aren't affected by moving and pick cataclysm for 5mans (or demonic servitude for more boss dps, but a nasty aoe is better for mowing down the trash)

And just get more gear. I felt quite helpless in the 610s but when I got to 630 I'm doing great.

I stopped getting followers in Nagrand, compared to other zones I cant find anyone to recruit

I got three followers out of Nagrand, though two of them take some searching to get.

I'm up to 622 right now, and I still have over half my gear to replace.

Raid ready is 630? If things go well this weekend, I should be past that. Then I can start working on my alt.

As an aside, it's awesome when you get missions for level 100 followers for the legendary, but you can't do them, because you don't have any level 100 followers, because you can't send out followers to level up, because you're hoarding resources for the garrison. :( I'm doing treasure hunting while waiting for queues. I think I have 1.5k resources currently.

I got a heroic warforged helm, and a one hander with a socket in it. Apparently, both of these things are rare. Originally, I was going to make goggles with my gearspring parts, but I'm concerned that I'll end up getting shitty bonus stats and four item levels just doesn't seem worth the effort. Maybe I'll just make Bling 5k instead tonight.

Yoshichan

You'll get a free epic helm out of MC when it opens for the 10y anniversary (which may be as soon as tomorrow).

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hixx

Reverting Default Loot Method to Need/Greed:
Going into Warlords, we wanted to try to improve the dungeon loot experience by using Raid Finder’s personal loot system that had been successful in Mists. While the personal loot system was successful in eliminating drops that weren’t usable by anyone in the group, and reducing loot contention in some cases, we’ve also heard a significant amount of player feedback about how the system feels unrewarding and unsatisfying.

In response to these concerns, we are reverting the default loot method in Dungeon Finder back to Need Before Greed. As always, players who queue with a full premade group may change group loot settings, and may use Personal loot or any other method if they so prefer. We will be evaluating how to better present and structure dungeon personal loot, and hope to re-introduce the system in the future.

We’re adding an award of 50 Garrison Resources for completing the first Random Warlords of Draenor Heroic Dungeon of the day.
This change is self-explanatory. Yay for more resources!

Second point is great. 50 isn't a great deal but better than nothing I suppose.

lazygecko

12 AM in Europe, Molten Core has been enabled.

Have fun wiping several times on trash, decursing everyone with cooldowns on dispels, and the constant revolving door of frustrated tanks. Har har!

Giggzy

Bah, I don't like the system reverting back to loot rolling. Unless bosses start dropping multiple rares. I hope I can convince the party to change to personal loot

cdyhybrid

Cool, now we can start getting one piece of loot per boss (that no one may be able to actually use) because it "feels better".

Ridiculous.

Fjordson

I'm guessing personal loot merely feels less rewarding to some people on the surface. I don't know the exact math on it or anything, but I can't imagine you actually get any less loot in the long run compared to need before greed.

edit: beaten by cdhybrid

Personal loot gives more overall, and is definitely the way to go if you got say, a 4 plate comp (like I did last night - Prot Pally, DPS DK, DPS Warr, Holy Pally + 1) that all needs the same shit. But when going for a specific last piece(s) and you don't have that issue, need before greed is probably better. I can't tell you how many people I know never got that ONE trinket or whatever from SoO.

The other thing about the personal loot is that the 3 gold is like a slap in the face - just feels terrible.

That said I think the change is a bit knee-jerk based on feedback. I would've let it ride for at least another week or two.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No, they needed to make the drop rates not suck. It's just artificial padding, but I am sick unto death of doing a dungeon and getting nothing. Drop rates for personal loot in raids at the end of MoP felt way higher to me, like 50% of bosses. It's ridiculous I can do a whole dungeon and have nothing to show for it imo, that's Destiny levels of RNG frustration.

Kinda random but anyone knows the music with the chorus when you fight the warlock orc in Auchindoun?

Questing in nagrand and helping some known guys/character to avoid their demise fate in the original time line feels weird.

Top Bottom