• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

antonz

The problem with the personal loot system is it needs to be smarter. I got the boots. I don't need 3 more pairs dropped because certain bosses share loot tables. The dumbing down of loot is another issue. It used to be certain cloth dropped for certain classes only. Now 8 different types of cloth boots drop from the boss so I can literally get all 8 types before he drops anything else useful
That and its pretty damn insulting to run an entire instance and personal loot to feel 13g was all you deserved

Apt101

Going to create my engineer goggles tomorrow. The "random enchant" part concerns me. But they're iLvL 640, so, may as well.

Mothman91

Going to create my engineer goggles tomorrow. The "random enchant" part concerns me. But they're iLvL 640, so, may as well.

I say don't make the head piece. If you finish MC you get a ilvl 640 helm. If you can make something else, do that instead, unless you plan on upgrading the goggles.

Also question for the rest of you all that are about to be able to make a piece of your profession. Just got 100 hexaweave cloth, not sure if I want to sell it or equip it and upgrade it slowly.

antonz

I say don't make the head piece. If you finish MC you get a ilvl 640 helm. If you can make something else, do that instead, unless you plan on upgrading the goggles.

Also question for the rest of you all that are about to be able to make a piece of your profession. Just got 100 hexaweave cloth, not sure if I want to sell it or equip it and upgrade it slowly.

I guess what you do with it would depend on what kind of raider you are etc. LFR people would be better off crafting for sure. LFR gear is lame as shit. Raiders get decent looking gear.

The problem with the personal loot system is it needs to be smarter. I got the boots. I don't need 3 more pairs dropped because certain bosses share loot tables. The dumbing down of loot is another issue. It used to be certain cloth dropped for certain classes only. Now 8 different types of cloth boots drop from the boss so I can literally get all 8 types before he drops anything else useful

I don't see this as a problem endemic to personal loot as a problem with inflated loot pools on every boss. It's a puzzling decision by Blizzard that substantially reduces everybody's chances at desired loot regardless of the roll system employed.

Mothman91

I see someone trying to sell their crafted chest piece for 95k bid and 96k buyout.

holy shit is someone insane. I don't see that selling, definitely if the 665 gear is less than that on my server.

Tamanon

Banned
I see someone trying to sell their crafted chest piece for 95k bid and 96k buyout.

holy shit is someone insane. I don't see that selling, definitely if the 665 gear is less than that on my server.

665 gear is over 100k on mine and I would sell it too. Rather have a ton of money than be ahead of the gear curve for one patch.

Didnt noticed tailoring mats are now bounded so you cant sell it or trade it, forcing you to use the garrison building and the daily mat and go gather tons of leather and plants outside of your main profesion...

StayDead

7XfWrrj.jpg

Just finished the quest to make the building, not bad! No.2 character done, now to leave my other three characters for a while.

Mothman91

Didnt noticed tailoring mats are now bounded so you cant sell it or trade it, forcing you to use the garrison building and the daily mat and go gather tons of leather and plants outside of your main profesion...

Just made leggings for mastery/multistrike secondary stats.

Anyone know which caster would want these?

Mothman91

You know what, I need to sell these crafted leggings asap or soon ALOT more are gonna flood the AH soon. I just got to 100 hexaweave, I'm pretty sure most people are right behind 100.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Giving a quest where you only have to do half the dungeon was sure a good idea blizz, people won't ever leave after getting their item.

StayDead

Qixx reminds me of Qix.

Which I loved the shit out of that game on the Gameboy. Just thought I'd share.

It wasn't until after I renamed my mage from Jammer when I faction changed/server transferred that I remembered that was a thing.

I have two characters called Qixx, one with i and one with í. :p

Hey guys. I haven't played WoW since the very beginning of MoP, but I'm really interested in playing again with the release of WoD. If I'm correct, the scroll of resurrection is gone, but is there any other way to get a few days of game time without paying? I don't think I want to buy a month and not use it if I don't like it.

even though I'd have bought the expansion

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So do the people in your garrisons inn ever come back? I've done a bunch of quests but the person to turn them into isn't there =\

I think it cycles? It'll take a while but they'll come back eventually.

antonz

On the tier 2 inn at least if you have prior day dailies and you finish them. The quest giver tends to spawn upstairs in the inn

Mothman91

Sold my crafted leggings for 35k while I had the chance. I think the crafted gear is gonna go around 20k in a few days once people are able to make them. Only saw 2 on the AH while I sold mine.

Giggzy

Just finished the quest to make the building, not bad! No.2 character done, now to leave my other three characters for a while.

What UI is this? Or what Addons if you built it yourself? I love the standard look, but kept minimally like you have it here.

So... Molton Core goes live in EU, only for Blizzard to pull the plug on the instance servers as it's not due to start until 10am (it started 10 hours early, around midnight). Problem is it caused a fair few "character already exists" errors. Nothing too serious though, solved by logging out for 10-15 minutes.

As for MC itself, a guild member who was in it says they had to pop Time Warp on the 2nd trash pack, it was getting that bad. I don't think they even reached the first boss.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just did a dungeon today and loot is back to the good old Greed/Need/Disenchant system? No more personal loot?

Atlantis

everting Default Loot Method to Need/Greed: [/B]
Going into Warlords, we wanted to try to improve the dungeon loot experience by using Raid Finder’s personal loot system that had been successful in Mists. While the personal loot system was successful in eliminating drops that weren’t usable by anyone in the group, and reducing loot contention in some cases, we’ve also heard a significant amount of player feedback about how the system feels unrewarding and unsatisfying.

In response to these concerns, we are reverting the default loot method in Dungeon Finder back to Need Before Greed. As always, players who queue with a full premade group may change group loot settings, and may use Personal loot or any other method if they so prefer. We will be evaluating how to better present and structure dungeon personal loot, and hope to re-introduce the system in the future.

I'm not playing at 100 yet, but I don't see how Need Before Greed would be anything except a total disaster with each boss dropping so many items. The loot was designed around the Personal Loot system, they need to revamp the entire thing if they're going to change this.

Dresden

Cool, now I can roll dice with four strangers assuming what I need even drops out of the vast loot table. This experience is very fulfilling for me.

Boogdud

Boy, with changes like this, what's next? 'We decided having weapon skill ups and 5 minute raid wide buffs that need to be applied individually was a really good idea after all, so we brought them back.'

vocab

Did people complain about personal loot in LFR???

Why complain now?

Because people are running heroics and dealing with shit groups and getting zero reward out of it. I know someone who ran 6 dungeons and got nothing. It worked in LFR because people were used to not getting anything.

Mothman91

What ilvl you guys recommend for CM? Also for the chest you get when you complete the daily, is it 100% chance for a random 640 piece?

Because people are running heroics and dealing with shit groups and getting zero reward out of it. I know someone who ran 6 dungeons and got nothing.

Damn, that sucks. I think I had 2 dungeons in a row without loot, 6 though? That's just bad luck.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
One of the problems personalized loot presents is that it boxes players into a specific spec, especially early on. Instead of a character coming across an array of gear they are only going to find what's beneficial to their spec, and often after leveling that spec is going to be damage. The absolutely dire shortage of tanks/healers is having a pretty negative impact on the game right now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
One of the problems personalized loot presents is that it boxes players into a specific spec, especially early on. Instead of a character coming across an array of gear they are only going to find what's beneficial to their spec, and often after leveling that spec is going to be damage. The absolutely dire shortage of tanks/healers is having a pretty negative impact on the game right now.

Gear is gear now. The only thing you miss out on is accessories.

You can also choose your loot spec, so queue as damage and get tank gear.

Flip side of that too is the same problem personalized loot fixes: DPS rolling need on things for offspec, depriving the tank/healer of an upgrade. That's not very fun.

Guesong

...wait what.

I leveled as Windwalker and I got into Mistweaver for dungeon super quick because all my gear worked for both specs. Occasionally I changed my loot specialization for quest reward to get an INT trinket of some kind.

Or is my sarcasm meter broken.

dimb

Gear is gear now. The only thing you miss out on is accessories.

You can also choose your loot spec, so queue as damage and get tank gear.
I get that some gear is less rigid, but as a warrior for example I'm not really equipped to tank heroics, even though I've run a bunch of them. With a shared loot system it's usually easy enough for me to pick up tank pieces that people don't want, but I'm not going to change my loot spec until after I feel I'm fully geared in my main spec.

cdyhybrid

I get that some gear is less rigid, but as a warrior for example I'm not really equipped to tank heroics, even though I've run a bunch of them. With a shared loot system it's usually easy enough for me to pick up tank pieces that people don't want, but I'm not going to change my loot spec until after I feel I'm fully geared in my main spec.

The only things you'd really be missing from the other spec are jewelry, trinkets, and your cloak. Everything else is the same loot, and DPS trinkets still provide SOMETHING for tanks, even if they aren't optimal stats.

What ilvl you guys recommend for CM? Also for the chest you get when you complete the daily, is it 100% chance for a random 640 piece?

Damn, that sucks. I think I had 2 dungeons in a row without loot, 6 though? That's just bad luck.

For most 625 is fine. For Skyreach and Everbloom I'd say 630 is really the minimum for pugs. A few I haven't run yet though.

dimb

The only things you'd really be missing from the other spec are jewelry, trinkets, and your cloak. Everything else is the same loot, and DPS trinkets still provide SOMETHING for tanks, even if they aren't optimal stats.
Weapons. Shields.

RPGCrazied

615 ilvl for the 10th anniversary MC? Ouch. I'm almost 100 and barely 575. I do have the nagrand zone to quest through, but i doubt it will get me to 615. What dungeon do I need to run to get there? If I miss that mount, I'll be so mad.

Top Bottom