• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Daniel R

The artifact powers are really op!
With tri-spec possible I am really gonna try to go after maxing all of the different artifacts on my main.

Will only play alts for goldmaking and mountfarming, (as always).

ZenaxPure

I'm happy to be in Thousand Needles and Tanaris, in the southern kalimdor Steamwheedle questing hubs. Whenever Gnomes and/or Goblins are involved there's usually some fairly ridiculous or amusing questing, which may or may not feature explosions.

Thousand Needles is probably my second favorite cata questing zone behind EPL (which I love so, so, so much, Paladin Pals 4 lyfe). It's different now in a world with Water Striders but before that just rolling around on your river boat on low level alts was great, heading to all the different little landmasses to see what was going on. The speedbarge is a cool location, especially with the bar fight quest (and I love that you can go trigger a bar fight any time you want after that quest). Good shit.

We need more gnomes v goblins in WoW, because yeah it's always a nice change of pace and pretty humorous.

Did a Mythic this morning here, still no trinket. Group I was in was almost painfully slow/bad given the gear level of the tank and healer. Dunno what was up with that.

Not sure how many more I want to do on my alt.

And man, I really don't want to do the bonus apexis objectives, but Valor. Might do it on my main.

ampere

Oh sweet, there's a fishing artifact too, complete with its own tree and perks.

Could be a cool way to make fishing more interesting.

Legion is sounding less and less alt friendly with every reveal though, lol. Pros and cons to this approach.

AlanOC91

Man I really need to start using more mounts.

I've been using the same ground mount since WOTLK launch.
I bought the CE and pulled a Spectral Tiger from Landros Gift Box and have been using it ever since.

I just started a 10-Day WoD trial. I have not played WoW since Cataclysm beta:eek:)

I'm thinking of trying Monk. I'm all about that Martial Arts^_^

If I want to find a server with a lot of people which one do I go on? (I'm on EU)

Tenebrous

The suggested iLvl is 660, so if you've a few friends, I guess you'd do just fine. I doubt a random group would have you, though.

I'm still looking to do them myself. 681 EU/Horde, if anyone wants to do some.

ampere

So I am at 667 ilvl just now on my proc paladin. Would I be able to start tanking mythic dungeons?

Yes, but they will feel like Challenge modes at that ilevel (so, pretty tough). If you don't chain pull and follow mechanics on bosses you'll be fine.

JSoup

Banned
There's just no redemption to any of it. The Alliance attacks the Southern Barrens and sacks Taurajo. The Alliance general leading the assault on Taurajo intentionally lets as many civilians escape because even though there currently is a war going on between the Horde and Alliance, he wants peace to be achievable. To aid this he tries to minimise civilian casualties. His reward is to be assassinated and have one of the civilians he let go lead to the destruction of Bael Modan, which leads to the murder of a bunch of miners because they were Goblins and near by.

In Stone Talon there's some redemption, but in the Southern Barrens, just...nope.

I'm happy to be in Thousand Needles and Tanaris, in the southern kalimdor Steamwheedle questing hubs. Whenever Gnomes and/or Goblins are involved there's usually some fairly ridiculous or amusing questing, which may or may not feature explosions.

Also, speaking of Thousand Needles, does Magatha Grimtotem make an appearance in a Cataclysm dungeon or raid?

It's like that in other areas too.
Swamp of Sorrows? Horde is like "they are attacking us for reasons!" Alliance side, you found out the reason is "because fuck those guys".

I forget the details, but there is this one questline in one of the Plaugeland areas where two Death Knights, one Alliance, one Horde, are fighting over an area. They meet, they knew each other in life, they agree to not attack each other before dawn. You get back to the Horde camp only to find that the Alliance DK attacked early. Horde DK is like "hmmm...he's an honorable man, he must have had a reason to not keep his word". Alliance side you found out the reason was "fuck that guy, attack now".

Just, like....no thought put into the otherside.

Yeah, I do find that some of the contested zones are better experienced with one faction over the other. In some zones one faction tends to feel really shoehorned in. Still, I'm glad I've played through most of Azeroth at least once. It was good to experience all of the content from the Alliance PoV, earn the gold and rep but moving forward, when I play other toons I'll probably just dungeon queue past most of it. Unless there are significant Cata-style revamps of existing areas.

Kuntz

I'm still looking to do them myself. 681 EU/Horde, if anyone wants to do some.

I'm going to bed early but if you still need to do some tomorrow i'll be there.
Are we bnet friends by the way? I could use more EU gaffers
I'm Mokhnaar#2902

edit : i'm tired, stupid and forgot to ask if you were horde...

Love this random reference and potshot to the Bilgewater Goblins starter area I stumbled across in a Gnome quest hub in Tanaris

vDVUAZn.jpg

Thousand Needles is probably my second favorite cata questing zone behind EPL (which I love so, so, so much, Paladin Pals 4 lyfe). It's different now in a world with Water Striders but before that just rolling around on your river boat on low level alts was great, heading to all the different little landmasses to see what was going on. The speedbarge is a cool location, especially with the bar fight quest (and I love that you can go trigger a bar fight any time you want after that quest). Good shit.

We need more gnomes v goblins in WoW, because yeah it's always a nice change of pace and pretty humorous.

Gallywix was datamined from the Legion beta, I can't remember if the High Tinker was. I hope Goblins and Gnomes get a side quest hub somewhere in one of Legions zones. It doesn't have to be integral to the plot of the zone or the overall expansion. Just have some light hearted randomness and explosions somewhere.

Magnus

So, I've got a 600 Alch, Ench, Tailor and Scribe. What is the fast route to cash, alongside doing Garrison gold missions with Treasure Hunters?

I really wanna try and maximize on my investment into these damned profs over the years, lol. I'm so unsure about whether to sell things like Frostweed, or make Catalysts and sell those, or make Catalysts and then Flasks (or other mats!) and sell those. How do you guys calculate maximum profit at a given time? I have TSM 3.0 or whatever installed, and understand of its basic operations, but using it to determine things like this (which I think it's designed to do!) is confusing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I wish they would have sales on their services like server transfers and such.

Yeah, it's been a few years since they've done the last services sale.

I am glad I got most of my transfers in a few months ago. It used to be you could switch your bnet currency to Brazillian and buy everything for half price. A few months ago they raised Brazilian prices to be in line with other regions. I still have one alt that needs a server/faction change, but it costs as much as a new game so fuck that.

Think I'll let my sub lapse, going to farm some wow tokens and sell as much stuff as I can for next expansion. My shaman has shit tier luck with set bonus drops (5 weeks & 1 piece) and the gear will get replaced within a couple of zones anyways, got my moose so I'm good to go there.

All this expansion stuff is really cool but 8 months away and I can't get out of my head how pointless it is to gear up and I won't have anymore fun since I cleared heroic and everything is on farm for me.

Kin5290

I wish we didn't have to wait until Legion for Gnome hunters.
I'm guessing (haven't been keeping up 100% with Legion news) that the class changes will be patched in before Legion drops. At least I'm hoping for time to completely relearn how to play enhance whammy (damn it, blizz).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'll be real optimistic here and hope for gnome hunters and the new transmog system in the pre-launch patch.

I know.

Of course they will be?

Why does the entire WoW fanbase suffer a collective amnesia every time a new expansion is on the horizon? The "pre-patch" is essentially like the expansion is out, you just haven't bought it yet.

7.0.1 will be about a month or so before Legion launches proper, and it'll have basically everything but leveling to 110. It's always like this.

People also like to bitch about balance issues at that point for some reason, like being a twink instead of max level is so hard for people to get.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Of course they will be?

Why does the entire WoW fanbase suffer a collective amnesia every time a new expansion is on the horizon? The "pre-patch" is essentially like the expansion is out, you just haven't bought it yet.

7.0.1 will be about a month or so before Legion launches proper, and it'll have basically everything but leveling to 110. It's always like this.

People also like to bitch about balance issues at that point for some reason, like being a twink instead of max level is so hard for people to get.

Considering the heirloom tab was supposed to be in the pre-patch but didn't make it to the pre-patch or the launch patch, I don't know why anyone would say 'of course they will be' about anything that's not a core gameplay mechanic that has to be ready for launch.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Considering the heirloom tab was supposed to be in the pre-patch but didn't make it to the pre-patch or the launch patch, I don't know why anyone would say 'of course they will be' about anything that's not a core gameplay mechanic that has to be ready for launch.

Well that's just stuff getting delayed or whatever. The wardrobe is already in the beta, it'll be in for 7.0.

cdyhybrid

Of COURSE they'll be in the patch.

Unless they aren't.

But otherwise, how could you possibly say they won't be? ;)

Was Sithilus the Tanaan/Ashran of its day? It's got a world PVP activity, a couple of reps to grind, and vendors with rep restricted craft recipes.

It's such an interesting looking zone but it's so dull to play through and it's the most threadbare questing experience in the game.

Falcker

Was Sithilus the Tanaan/Ashran of its day? It's got a world PVP activity, a couple of reps to grind, and vendors with rep restricted craft recipes.

No that would be BRM, silithus a lesser extent when aq40 was more the norm.

BRM was just the perfect combination for world pvp, high traffic (multiple high level dungeons/2 raids) and chokepoints at the door that dismounted you forcing you to fight, also very sparse mob density and no guards (thorium point guards were also very weak).

Also those pvp objectives were thrown in way late and people pretty much completely ignored them though some did the epl tower pvp for the buff during naxx attempts.

ZenaxPure

Not really, not all that was there at the same time. It originally started as a zone with basically nothing but some wind elementals in it, then in 1.9 they added all the reps and the world event for the raid. The crafted items weren't there from the start and were added at a later time (forget exactly when) because Blizzard realized it was pretty dumb that players had to farm nature resist gear from UD Strat/Mara in order to progress through AQ40.

Then later in 1.12 (months and months later) they added the pvp stuff. Even back then people were whining about their lack of open world pvp that BGs ruined so in their first attempt ever to bring it back they added pvp objectives to Silithus and EPL. Both of them were pretty terrible and even in the heyday I never saw a single person doing that stuff. Was too late, with the original honor system there was no way to keep your ranks while doing that crap, especially since that patch added cross-realm BGs.

It's lost to time but I remember back when the patch came out on google video someone uploaded an edited version of the patch trailer that right when the music was getting epic cut away to what the zones were actually like: one dude standing around alone with crickets chirping. One of the funniest videos I had seen on the internet at the time.

JSoup

Banned
It's such an interesting looking zone but it's so dull to play through and it's the most threadbare questing experience in the game.

It's currently threadbare because it's not intended to be a leveling zone. Most of the quests are either past your ability at the level you're likely end up there or otherwise direct you straight out of the zone as soon as you get them. The Cata update would have had to do more than just change a few quests around, it would have to basically reinvent the zone. Too much work, better to just redirect the player.

Dicer

Banned
Found this in Vanilla, cant seem to find a reference for it, anyone have any ideas?
Outer edges of EPL, I swam from hinterlands...

r1G5HuS.jpg

JSoup

Banned
Found this in Vanilla, cant seem to find a reference for it, anyone have any ideas?
Outer edges of EPL, I swam from hinterlands...

r1G5HuS.jpg

I've seen that a few times in old pre-WotLK videos. I think it was in an old XPlay review as well, where they showed this couple who met in WoW, which is also where they had their wedding.

Shahadan

Of course they will be?

But you kept saying two weeks ago that there is no way transmog wouldn't be delayed until 7.1, lol

Early world pvp stuff was pretty bad, the only one that got any action was the EPL stuff where you captured towers. I never got the complaints about world pvp, it always ends up zerg v zerg unless the game is built around it. DAOC was the closest thing to open world pvp at that point and that would have required a lot of development to copy new frontiers into WoW. Since then I think Guild Wars 2 has come the closest to capturing that mass pvp feel. I would have loved for Warhammer to take off but that game was such a technical mess, City Invasions were a lag fest and that was only like 50 players.

M.D

Asked support to grant me access for a day so I could catch up with my guild and talk about Legion, they gave me 7 ;o

Top Bottom