• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

HjTwR8O.jpg

Finally, now I can get back to wrapping up Northrend.

Kyleadin

Neo Member
Mage is the only class I actually can stomach to level. Did one all the way up to Naxx in vanilla, did a new one right as Wrath was starting to drop and did a third to begin Cata.
That's funny, I can't stand leveling mages. It took me forever to get mine to max level and it's still sitting at 90 on another server, lonely and forgotten.

Daniel R

Mage is the only class I enjoy playing daily. It is the only class whose rotation flows really well for me. Maybe I am just too used to playing, and familiar with mages but....can't live without the teleports and engineering wormholes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mage is the only class I enjoy playing daily. It is the only class whose rotation flows really well for me. Maybe I am just too used to playing, and familiar with mages but....can't live without the teleports and engineering wormholes.

I feel the same way, only never bothered with the engineering. Ports are so good.

Robin64

Always been a fire mage, myself, through ups and downs. Even in Vanilla I was fire, which basically meant I never got taken to Molten Core on that character. Just something so appealing about throwing flames at everything, and the notion of things being dead before they even get to you.

Milennia

Went ahead and helped out a guild who was about 5/13m tonight since my guild wasn't raiding so why not.

Ended up being a ton of fun killing early stuff that actuall took minutes and not seconds to down, felt like early progress to be honest.

Also bought me a swift spectral tiger tonight because good isn't a thing anymore, even bought the matching pet because why not lol

Shahadan

Xenoblade X has multiplayer only bosses that are effectively immortal but give you rewards according to the number of times you managed to deplete their hp bar (when it reaches zero it replenishes itself, boss gets stronger also I guess?) before getting killed or reaching the time limit.

I'd like to see this on a WoW boss. Could be fun, maybe a Challenge Mode boss or a world boss? Better groups getting better rewards, but normal groups still getting something. I don't know. Would add variety.

Tenebrous

Seriously just looks like SS/Slice n Dice/Eviscerate... But they all have new names! Wooo!!!

I think I fucked up Delegation. I killed Volcanus, but the staff isn't lootable. Not sure I can reset it without resetting the portal & having to get all the pieces again.

I want to see Shaman. C'mon Blizzard. Release them into the wild when you bring back the Legion alpha. I want to see if Thrall dies and if Shaman are worth my time in Legion.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
HjTwR8O.jpg

Finally, now I can get back to wrapping up Northrend.

Congrats!

I saw a video on Outlaw rogues, and eh... They look terrible.

The one from BelleurGaming? I saw that too and it looked pretty bland. Hoping that Subtlety and Assassination make up for it.

rkGUmkL.gif

I mean, there's plenty of time between now and Legion.

I have serious alt-failure-ism or whatever. My main is a 100 lock, but then I have a 78 Shaman, 71 warrior. On the other server I played during Cata I had an 85 hunter, 83 paladin, and 81 rogue....

ZenaxPure

Don't say this. :(

Outlaw Rogue is something I'm really looking forward to trying.

(Along with Survival Hunter)

It really depends on what you are expecting and what your knowledge of rogue is. Cause I mean at its core it's still a rogue spec: you build combo points and then you spend them. But saying that the abilities are just the same with new names is an incredibly surface level look at the spec and is very disengious. What those abilities do is mostly irrelevant, it's how they interact with each other. In the current game they interact with each other through the Bandit's Guile ability (stacking damage buff that cycles as you use sinister strike) and the Ruthlessness ability (reduces cooldown on your skills by 2 seconds per combo point spent). And here's the thing... Both of those abilities are being removed in Legion.

And that basically leaves us at a point where the spec will be changing to something else. It's a bit to early to see how that will all shake out, but right now the main thing seems to be that the core rotation outside of adrenaline rush will be faster and a bit more dynamic (if you choose for it to be via talents). You will be able to generate combo points faster in the new spec and the level 100 talent Roll the Bones adds some weird/interesting RNG to the spec that will offer some variety for each cycle of the buff. I won't type them all out here but you can see the current effects on wowhead yourself. Needless to say it's a skill unlike anything combat currently has.

Also something everyone should keep in mind for any videos coming out of the alpha is that premade characters start with really shitty un-optimized gear. IIRC it's just the salvage yard set but it's like 680 ilvl or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want beta before figuring out a main for Legion. They've drastically changed so many classes that I like that I have no idea what to expect until I can actually feel it.

The only one that looks fairly similar to me is WW. And I guess the new Arms is just MOP Arms.

Granadier

If you join a group you hardly have to do anything.

It's so easily camped by the opposite faction so that there's no possibility to complete it.
The past few days have been fine. Both factions there with very minimal fighting. But today I logged into to do the daily and it was covered in mages and ferals that were just destroying anyone that came in.

edit: I'm mostly just overreacting to getting killed so much.

cdyhybrid

It's so easily camped by the opposite faction so that there's no possibility to complete it.
The past few days have been fine. Both factions there with very minimal fighting. But today I logged into to do the daily and it was covered in mages and ferals that were just destroying anyone that came in.

You don't play on your server's dominant faction?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I don't know if that's a problem with the quests as much as it is world PvP. At this point Blizzard really needs to abandon the current PvP ruleset, because the game simply isn't designed around it anymore. As content production becomes more time consuming the number of hubs and shared questing locations continues to grow, but they never seem mindful of allowing both factions to cohabit the space, because that's honestly just a low design priority when it only impacts a fraction of players.

Server hopping is a way to work around this through the group finder, but it's really less than ideal. I know that "PvP' is baked into a servers identity to a certain extent, but it's so silly and pointless for all the mess it creates. I signed up for a PvP worldspace over ten years ago but it's not something that contributes positively to the experience anymore. When it's just my server represented the opposite faction are nonexistent, but when Battlegroups in the old zones have me way outnumbered. Server identity might as well not even exist at that point anyways.

Granadier

There's your mistake. World PVP is only good for griefing now, need to play where you can avoid it.

Wish server transfers weren't so expensive.
edit: It would be even nicer if there were like "server reviews" so you could know how one was before dedicating yourself to it

What are the best raids to run solo with a lvl 100 Warrior for gold gain? I've been doing Heroic Firelands for the money and trash loot because I'm lazy and it's close to Orgrimmar.

Decided to try fire mage out for the first time since aq40. I bought two of those 800/727 crit pvp trinkets and have 55% crit self buffed. It's so addicting, chasing those hotstreaks. I never got to experience fire with the proper amount of crit and it's way more fun than I imagined.

Decided to try fire mage out for the first time since aq40. I bought two of those 800/727 crit pvp trinkets and have 55% crit self buffed. It's so addicting, chasing those hotstreaks. I never got to experience fire with the proper amount of crit and it's way more fun than I imagined.
Fire is pretty good for BGs too. Try it out some time.

ZenaxPure

Will MoP raids be as easy at 110 as Cata raids are now?

They've said they aren't planning on applying the damage scaling to MoP stuff when Legion comes out, so nope. But, MoP is part of the stat squish so those numbers are really low, a lot of 10 man MoP stuff is already pretty easy to solo even as DPS. At 110 it will be even easier.

The big problem is going to be mechanics anyhow, there are a lot of bosses in there that have mechanics that make them annoying to fight alone. Hopefully they will at least clean that up in Legion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They've said they aren't planning on applying the damage scaling to MoP stuff when Legion comes out, so nope. But, MoP is part of the stat squish so those numbers are really low, a lot of 10 man MoP stuff is already pretty easy to solo even as DPS. At 110 it will be even easier.

The big problem is going to be mechanics anyhow, there are a lot of bosses in there that have mechanics that make them annoying to fight alone. Hopefully they will at least clean that up in Legion.

The thing that makes older raids easier is when you are 10+ levels higher than something, you get an invisible damage multiplicative buff on yourself where you do a ton more damage. We are only 7-8 levels higher than the stuff in MoP right now.

It isn't something they went through by hand and changed each boss/mob individually or something.

Tenebrous

The thing that makes older raids easier is when you are 10+ levels higher than something, you get an invisible damage multiplicative buff on yourself where you do a ton more damage. We are only 7-8 levels higher than the stuff in MoP right now.

It isn't something they went through by hand and changed each boss/mob individually or something.

I solo'd Firelands 25HC at level 90 with the damage buff. They just need to turn the damage buff on for MoP raids.

ampere

Only applies to stuff pre-MoP though. Item level 463+ was not squished and thus there is no multiplicative buff, regardless of how many levels above MoP content you are.

Lomax

The 10+ levels thing is a widespread myth, when I was locked at 90, I definitely had the multiplier in level 85 content. And the only reason for the multiplier was the stat squish, old raids have been easier since BC with no multiplier other than gear inflation.

ZenaxPure

Only applies to stuff pre-MoP though. Item level 463+ was not squished and thus there is no multiplicative buff, regardless of how many levels above MoP content you are.

Yeppers.

Took me some digging around to find it, but here is the most recent (I believe) quote about it, from a Q&A a few months ago.

Q: Legacy buff for MoP content, When? - Vert
A: Never. (Or at least not until next time we do a stat squish, technically.) The “legacy buff” that applies to enemies below level 90 once you exceed that level was designed specifically and solely to offset the 6.0 “stat squish,” which compressed the exponential scaling in the items available from level 61 to 90, into linear scaling. Pre-squish, a level 90 player with Pandaria raid gear was literally a dozen times more powerful than they had been at level 80 with Wrath gear. Post-squish that is no longer the case, so we have a special combat modifier in place to preserve the expected gameplay, so that soloing old content does not become harder. Gear higher than item level 463 wasn’t squished, so endgame Mists content designed to be tackled by players of that power level wasn’t affected and no combat scalar is needed. Mists content will increasingly become doable with fewer players than intended, as player power continues to rise, as has always been the case. People already are soloing large chunks of Mists content, and that goal will only become more and more attainable as time goes on and gear continues to improve.

For what it's worth I'm not even sure why people thought that. They said from the very start (that tweet is from before WoD launched) that it didn't apply to level 90 content.

And yeah like mentioned above, I spent most of the pre-WoD patch just soloing Cata 10 man raids and that was only a 5 level difference.

Artanisix

hell warriors and dks i know for sure have solo'd bosses in heroic siege of org i.e. garrosh, dark shamans, etc

gonna be p easy come legion

ZenaxPure

Doesn't really need a squish. 10N MSV is easily soloable for most classes geared in normal raid gear. Maybe even LFR.

Yeah, like I said before the main problem is going to be mechanics. Too many bosses with abilities that are annoying to solo. I don't even bother with ToT unless a friend wants to do it because Jin'rokh is a pita. Being level 110 won't change that.

ampere

Yeah, like I said before the main problem is going to be mechanics. Too many bosses with abilities that are annoying to solo. I don't even bother with ToT unless a friend wants to do it because Jin'rokh is a pita. Being level 110 won't change that.

They fixed the reset on Jin if that was what was causing you issues. Used to have to use my Black Ox Statue to prevent him from resetting, now he never does even if you get picked up solo.

ZenaxPure

They fixed the reset on Jin if that was what was causing you issues. Used to have to use my Black Ox Statue to prevent him from resetting, now he never does even if you get picked up solo.

Oh sweet. Yeah I couldn't fight him half the time because of his throw mechanic. Great news!

Granadier

It's nice when the enemy team doesn't cap and just farms the graveyard. /s

DWSP8wh.png

So my g700s mouse crapped out again (side buttons popped off - aka too much frost strike/death coil). Need a new mouse. Kinda don't want to change, but I know if I don't the same thing will happen a 3rd time (yes, this is the second g700 I've been through). Don't really like the Naga line or similar. Not sure what else would be good. Needs at least 5-6 secondary buttons outside of primary left-middle-right click. g700s has 8 I think? 4 side, a middle one I use for push-to-talk, and 3 finger ones on the top.

Any suggestions? Otherwise I guess I just replace. Gonna fill out the warranty though on this one when I find the receipt, so I can have a backup.

Top Bottom