• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

iirate

I've been using a CM Storm Recon for about six months now, and it's easily the best mouse I've ever had. When shopping for a new mouse, I wanted an optical mouse that kept a similar button layout to my old 9 button Razer Lachesis, and this one fit the profile, while having a better grip, button positioning, and software.

Tenebrous

It's nice when the enemy team doesn't cap and just farms the graveyard. /s

DWSP8wh.png

That's pretty much how I got my Bloodthirsty title. My BG winrate on my Warrior across all BGs is around 90% thanks to doing 3-5 man groups back in Cata.

Blackage

Get thicker skin. That's been a phrase since BC.

Yeah I know, a casually racist phrase that people find hilarious. Blizzard forces people to change guild/player/arena names when it's used.

Naga replaces Nigger/Nigga in every use of it.

Naga Stole My Bike = Nigga stole my Bike

Naga Please = Nigga Please

Guessing Bros before Ho Ho Hos bothers you, too?

That casually sexist achievement? Yeah little bit.

Got my fire mage up to 61.95% crit self buffed. Man it's just so good. I played warrior for most of this expac and going from a low interactivity class to a super-high interactivity class is just so invigorating. My mage was my very first character back from vanilla, but I've played melee since BC. I think it might be time to make a comeback.

Decided to fire up one of my old accounts to see what all was still on there, to check it would even be worth it to try and come back to the game.

Both accounts are banned and I no longer have access to those email accounts. Goodbye towermane, my old beefadin freind! I shall play you no more I guess.

phierce

I wish the fucking tomes would drop more based on how many times you've collected them. I'm working on my 4th ring. Just did a full clear and got 7 off of 13 bosses. What is that shit?? This is by far the worst RNG I've had out of the 4 (3 completed and this one) I've done. Couple that with going 0 of 6 on rolls and this was a real shitty run. Merry fucking Christmas Blizz!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Decided to fire up one of my old accounts to see what all was still on there, to check it would even be worth it to try and come back to the game.

Both accounts are banned and I no longer have access to those email accounts. Goodbye towermane, my old beefadin freind! I shall play you no more I guess.

Contact Blizzard support if you want to get the accounts back. They are usually very helpful with those sorts of things.

Contact Blizzard support if you want to get the accounts back. They are usually very helpful with those sorts of things.

Eh, this isn't the first time I have had to call Blizzard to try and regain access to my accounts. The last time they weren't able to restore everything, so I lost out on a ton of rare mounts and a small fortune in cash. Not sure I want to go through that heartbreak again.

Granted, I could easily just level a fresh tank to get back into the groove of things, but lord knows how long I would actually stay interested in the game. Especially since I seemed to always get strong armed into healing somehow, which I can't stand.

Granadier

Eh, this isn't the first time I have had to call Blizzard to try and regain access to my accounts. The last time they weren't able to restore everything, so I lost out on a ton of rare mounts and a small fortune in cash. Not sure I want to go through that heartbreak again.

Granted, I could easily just level a fresh tank to get back into the groove of things, but lord knows how long I would actually stay interested in the game. Especially since I seemed to always get strong armed into healing somehow, which I can't stand.

Play a class that can't heal ;)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You'd figure the first time you'd put an authenticator on your account.

Granadier

Making a goblin and now a worgen has reinvigorated that sense of MMO wonder for me.
This is the first time I've played from the start as these two races. Blizzard did a great job on their intro areas and quest lines to really tell a story and give meaning to the race's belonging in the world.

Worgen would be one of the Alliance races I could play if it wasn't for that walking animation. Seems like such a minor nitpick but it's something you're potentially going to be staring at for hundreds of hours. Almost drives me as batty as raptor mount animations.

Tenebrous

Worgen would be one of the Alliance races I could play if it wasn't for that walking animation. Seems like such a minor nitpick but it's something you're potentially going to be staring at for hundreds of hours. Almost drives me as batty as raptor mount animations.

Raptors look badass! I've no idea what you're on about.

Play a class that can't heal ;)

Or, people could have accepted the fact that I wanted nothing to do with healing. Just because I run a paladin tank does not mean I will stop doing what I actually enjoy, and do something I am terrible at just to make them happy.

You'd figure the first time you'd put an authenticator on your account.

There IS one on one of the accounts. I also stopped using all but a very few addons after that, and they still managed to hijack my accounts somehow. Which says a lot about their account security, really.

Raptors look badass! I've no idea what you're on about.

It's the motion of the rider at higher speeds. It's the lack of overlapping/secondary animation on the rider. They're just stuck on the back of the mount, stiff as aboard, rocking back and forth. It only looks weird at the higher ground mount speeds. It's probably hold-over, legacy stuff from when mounts were first added and how player characters attach to the mount, that the rider can't have any animation.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Or, people could have accepted the fact that I wanted nothing to do with healing. Just because I run a paladin tank does not mean I will stop doing what I actually enjoy, and do something I am terrible at just to make them happy.

There IS one on one of the accounts. I also stopped using all but a very few addons after that, and they still managed to hijack my accounts somehow. Which says a lot about their account security, really.

Addons haven't been compromising accounts since...2007? Ever maybe?

Accounts with authenticators can only be compromised with keyloggers and very quick people since they're time sensitive.

I heard of someone pretending to be a rank 1 gladiator and getting into someones account with social engineering, but I doubt someone would go through that trouble for your account.

If you have an authenticator on, you won't get 'hacked'. Period.

Granadier

If you have an authenticator on, you won't get 'hacked'. Period.

Correct. Unless they get access to your physical phone or authenticator keychain there's no chance of them gaining access to your account. Even if they have all of your information.

Most instances of accounts being hacked seem to be the result of phishing scams and the lack of an authenticator. This was the conversation on Horde Dalaran Trade this morning.

Granadier

But you can switch to Human form to walk around incognito! Just finished up their starting quest line and really enjoyed it. There was one piece of the map though that refused to be explored, and having the map "reset" when you leave the phase was a letdown.

I think I'll make a Panda next just to go through their starting zone. I have yet to complete the whole quest line there.

But you can switch to Human form to walk around incognito! Just finished up their starting quest line and really enjoyed it. There was one piece of the map though that refused to be explored, and having the map "reset" when you leave the phase was a letdown.

I think I'll make a Panda next just to go through their starting zone. I have yet to complete the whole quest line there.

If you enjoyed the Worgen and Goblin starting areas, you'll probably really dig the Wandering Isle.

If you enjoyed the Worgen and Goblin starting areas, you'll probably really dig the Wandering Isle.

While I don't totally disagree, the wandering isle felt so much slower in its pacing, that its hard for me to reroll more pandas. But then again "slowing down" was sort of the MO of that expac, so I get it.

If you guys haven't rolled a Death Knight yet, their starting area is sorta what spawned the whole concept of more immersive beginning areas.

Tenebrous

I hate the dedicated beginning areas. I just wanna autoattack every mob & rare until level 10, then jump into a BG.

Anyway, has the damage buff for Cata raids been toned down a bit? I swear my DK & Paladin are doing a lot less damage now...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any reason for me to open all my presents on my alts? Already got the Flamer, the sled, and the standard non-combat pets

I hate the dedicated beginning areas. I just wanna autoattack every mob & rare until level 10, then jump into a BG.

Wildstar has a simple solution for this, you simply choose your experience level when creating a toon. Brand new, it shows you all of the basics (how to move, attack) before putting you in the starter area. New to Wildstar, you play through the starter area. Experienced Player, it just starts you out in the first zone.

Granadier

Just finished up the Wandering Isle. I have to say that I preferred Gilneas over the other two. It had such an interesting environment and storyline.

While I don't totally disagree, the wandering isle felt so much slower in its pacing, that its hard for me to reroll more pandas. But then again "slowing down" was sort of the MO of that expac, so I get it.

If you guys haven't rolled a Death Knight yet, their starting area is sorta what spawned the whole concept of more immersive beginning areas.

Yep, I've done the Death Knight starting zone a few times. The class itself has never stuck with me though.

Tenebrous

Wildstar has a simple solution for this, you simply choose your experience level when creating a toon. Brand new, it shows you all of the basics (how to move, attack) before putting you in the starter area. New to Wildstar, you play through the starter area. Experienced Player, it just starts you out in the first zone.

That's a pretty cool way of doing things.

Just bought Hero of Shattrath from the AH. Easy FOS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bonus Objectives no longer showing in Tanaan for me. Tried disabling add-ons and using different characters and still no go.

Yay.

Minion of Grumpus finally dropped for me. It's now my favorite ground mount. I just love the creature design it's based on; one of my favorites in the game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I pushed a Death Knight up to cap but the rune management with Unholy spec is kind of just...putting me off of the class. It wasn't really a problem leveling but with long bosses I can just kind of tell that managing specific types of runes is not really something I want to do at all. Something about it just feels like it removes me from the combat.

cdyhybrid

I pushed a Death Knight up to cap but the rune management with Unholy spec is kind of just...putting me off of the class. It wasn't really a problem leveling but with long bosses I can just kind of tell that managing specific types of runes is not really something I want to do at all. Something about it just feels like it removes me from the combat.

What rune regen talent are you using? Also, managing runes/RP is the entirety of combat as DKs, so I dunno if you're playing the right class :p

dimb

What rune regen talent are you using? Also, managing runes/RP is the entirety of combat as DKs, so I dunno if you're playing the right class :p
Blood Tap. I don't mind managing a special resource but once it runs into types I just sort of start to feel like there's more to keep track of than I want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Believe they're changing that in Legion. I know they are for Frost.

My Goblin Shaman is almost 87 and I'm just wrapping up Icecrown with one other Northrend zone left to get Northrend Loremaster. Still haven't played through Cataclysm fully or even touched Mists of Pandaria. While I want to finish off this Loremaster run, I should probably just jump into Warlords after Northrend. I should probably get my garrison up and running on this shaman toon before completing the Loremaster run, shouldn't I?

Zelias

Banned
Just having the garrison up will have it passively generate resources through the garrison cache, so even if you return to your Loremaster run it's not a bad idea.

Yeah, the plan for Legion right now is to have all runes be death runes all the time. Should simplify the class greatly. Though with Unholy they're sort of adding a new resource/system.

As for right now, personally I use Runic Corruption in Unholy. It's a little less optimal than Blood Tap when played at the highest level, but you avoid rune desync which I would find to be more problematic. You do probably have some more downtime and less potential burst than you would with tap, but that's the trade off. Otherwise you just festering strike when you have blood/frost runes up and you're good to go. The only trap is blood boiling early without converting everything to death in an AoE situation and ending up with orphaned frost runes. You have to use icy touch to fix it at that point.

dimb

Got the STR heirloom trinket after only like four or five Mythic dungeons. I probably really lucked out.
As for right now, personally I use Runic Corruption in Unholy. It's a little less optimal than Blood Tap when played at the highest level, but you avoid rune desync which I would find to be more problematic.
I'll give that a shot.

Top Bottom